"It's alright," Talya said, the words kind in the face of teenage embarrassment. Her blue eyes twinkled as she stepped back from Davyd. Briefly, she glanced up to Erik and Eira as they returned to clock the emotions of that teenager before her attention shifted smoothly back. Her hands fluttered in elegant movements, unfastening the scarf from her bicep to fuss with it as she spoke, elaborating her points with quick precise movements of her hands. "Even for those of us who come into our powers later, sometimes instincts are a little hard to reign in fully. It's less about being perfectly in control and more about knowing what you need to adjust for. If you're going to have trouble keeping your form in hand, you might wear or manifest clothing that will help obfuscate your movements."

She tucked the scarf away and produced a small wipe from somewhere up one sleeve. With a few quick movements, she wiped away the expertly applied makeup from her elegant features. It didn't make her less attractive but without the makeup, her features softened. The dark cat eye and the red line of her lips added years to Talya's features. With the Bombshell look, she looked in her mid-thirties, without it, Talya didn't look all that much older than high school students.

"Or makeup, for example," she said simply as she tossed the makeup towel easily in the nearby trash. "I stopped aging when I was twenty-two and I'll never look a day older. Sometimes that's useful but not so much when one needs to be seen as an experienced adult."

Her smile quirked then, still amused as she glanced to Erik, "Despite appearances. I'm older than the husband. So I adjust, I adapt. I suspect you're very good at that, Davyd. You just need to find a way to make those skills work within the parameters of the situation." 

"Now," Talya said. "Shall we try it again? Erik, I think that Benny might need a bit of your help over here, please. Eira and Pan, continue to work together. Kam, Leroy, why don't you two switch roles, hm?"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"On the other hand people don't take me seriously as an adult just because of my words and actions. So unfair," Erik chimed in as he returned a little behind Eira, tossing Talya a broad wink. Walking over to Benny he stopped only a pace or two from the teenager, folding his arms and giving him an analytical look up and down, the humour abruptly gone from his expression. The assessment went on a beat or two longer than it took for the discomfort to begin mounting but finally Erik met his eyes and asked, "Boxer, yeah?"

Benny was bouncing, having all kinds of twitchy, nervous energy that might be expected from someone thinner, but he was light on his toes and he smiled,, genially.  Though the wattaged faded a bit, and it his expression became more serious as he received scrutiny from Erik, and his small jumps from foot to foot stopped and he planted himself. "Got me in one chief. Mean, I can tussle it up wit' most peoples, an' can go to the ground, but it ain't like I can go pro or nuffin'" He shrugged as he didn't seem to hold as much as ego as his teen meathead antics might indicate.

But Benny was from a different time, and the guy who he cut his teeth on was hard nose in a way that didn't translate to the modern era.

Eira hesitated as she studied Pan, eyes unfocusing in that look he knew only too well. Her grip was firm as always, and warm, all too human as they touched. They made eye contact and she said,  the beginning of bold promise in her voice - "I was watching you before. This time I will be able to follow.

Following Talyas advice Kam and Leroy switched roles with Kam keeping the handkerchief from leroy at least until the distraction of eira and Jacks return gave the taller boy the opportunity to snag it and dangle it out of reach if Kam didn't partake in hopping equal parts undignified and conspicuous.  "Well that's one way to do it."  he smirked and turned for the next portion of the lesson and to observe what advice might be offered the others while Leroy distractedly contact juggled the handkerchief waiting to be told what to do next.

Pan's eyes left Eira for a moment, glancing towards Talya at the mention of her own eternal youth, before turning his full attention back to his his dancing partner, locking eyes as they held on to each other.

"Now that sounds like a challenge to me!" He looked serious for once, but he couldn't keep it up for long before his lips split into a wide grin. "Then let us begin!" He stepped back, pulling Eira along as he started to move to music, just slightly slower than before, but still making sure to keep the ribbon just out of her hands.