Secret Identities

Barnum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*wave*

Played D&D for awhile, always wanted to get a group together in my area but none of them were really interested in playing D&D. So around the time I started getting into some of the great comic book runs, I decided to look around for an alternate game that people might be interested in playing. M&M came up while looking around and it seemed like a good fit, and lo and behold everyone wanted to play, so I'm gearing up to actually GM a game as soon as people settle into school schedules.

Got here from Atomic Think Tank, found the idea of this site very interesting (although I'm still a little uncertain as to where to jump in).

Welcome aboard! :)

As for where to jump in, once you get a character approved, poke around in the Campaign Discussion board for anything that's open for folks, or post your own ideas for adventures you'd like your character to go on. The board is very player-driven: if there's something you want to see happen, make it happen!

Hi, I'm Ecalsneerg. Or Ecals, if you want to be all affectionate and whatnot.

I'm a 17-year-old Scot in my final year of school before university, and play Warhammer, D&D, M:tG, Munchkin, M&M obviously... power-nerdiness is awesome. I'm not actually that into comics, for a variety of factors. One, power-nerding already occupies enough of my time. Two, in the UK it's much easier to wait for trade paperbacks and simply order those you've heard the best of. I own Watchmen, and Runaways, NextWave and Kingdom Come are on my list to get.

Anyway, my character Arrowhawk's been submitted, I just need him approved before he starts shooting down criminals from a couple of blocks away. :twisted:

Good evening ladies and gents.

I'm new to the boards and this will be my first PbP except my small DnD3.5 one I ran here: http://rune-game.blogspot.com/

It went reasonably well (it's based upon my own little world) but I think I need to learn some tricks of the trade. I've played MnM before too, but to great failure and I want to see just how this game is suposed to work. :?:

I'm currently in NYC completeing my masters, from there who knows. 22/m. I'm a big fan of Frank Miller, which may be a bit of a problem...

I have an Idea for a character, one that I have realy thought about and have copious backstory for (writen in First Person!) but I'm afraid he may be a little dark for your silverage setting. Still, if you'll have im, I'd like to give him a try.

Dashel Mason, Private Investigator The picture says it all-->

... I enjoy long walks on the beach and spending time with generous men...

Uhm, wait, not a dating agency? Darn, oh well, then I guess I should introduce myself differently. :bunny:

My name is Angelica, so I guess my identity is not so secret anyway. ;)

I'm 28 years old, live in a small apartment in Denmark, and when I'm not online, I'm selling wallpaints, wallpapers and other stuff for putting on the walls, floor, ceiling and doors of your house. I'm single and enjoying the freedom this offers me.

I've been playing RPGs for a long long time. I'm not really sure for how long, but it became more serious when I was around 15 or 16. Started out with D&D (the oldish boxed set), then moved into other systems. Bought M&M1E back in 2002 or 2003, but haven't really played M&M much, as my pen & pencil group are not comic readers (preferring fantasy) and dislikes systems where you have some freedom in creating your character (yes, they are celebrating the abomination called D&D4e).

I'm Warr, a 19 year old from North Texas (DFW for those who don't know how we Texans describe our regions), who's currently a wageslave at Wal-mart. D: I've been an avid role player for nearly eight years, though it's been all but impossible, throughout my life, to find a group which is steady. I've read numerous role playing books in the time I've been a fan of role playing games, and tried in the same time to play online the following games (M&M, AD&D, Serenity, D&D 3rd edition, VtM, and a number of others, including Big Eyes, Small Mouth.)

I'm an anime fan, and also a fan of Japanese culture, though that's not saying much as many nations give me a thrill to learn about the culture of. I'm an avid manga reader over watching Anime, and I've also read a lot of comic books in my childhood. My favorite superhero was never constant, but I've loved the X-men and the like pretty much consistently in my childhood.

When I was little, I had a lot of nicknames, including one very odd seeming, my uncle Keith decided to start calling me 'Ironman.'

*Spins around in my chair*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 22 year old living in Illinois. I'm currrently working a temporary job with the Census Bureau, and I'll be looking for a new job after that. I'll be going to law school next year.

Most of my gaming experience is in D&D and Modern D20. I played a little Mutants and Masterminds while at college, but we didn't really like the way the system was put together. The new system looks much better, so I thought I'd give it a try here. Other things I enjoy doing are a lot of reading, mostly fantasy books, and playing video games. Favorite shows at this point are pretty much any show (as opposed to movie) played regularly on USA and Heroes. Here's to hoping fun is had by all!

Hey

I've only been playing M&M since June 08 but I have played D&D, oWOD, nWOD, Rifts, Exalted, D20 Modern, And Star Wars SAGA for quite some time. I have GM'd a couple games from each setting and I'm currently running a Hero High game over at the ATT.

I enjoy Anime, Movies, Sci fi, Reading (Mostly fiction), computer related stuff.

I s'pose I should post here at some point.

I'm 21, but I'll be 22 as soon as this Halloween. I look forward to this because I know saying "21" tends to make people (at least in the US) think of "drinking age" and I don't drink at all.

Recent college grad, avoiding school for a while but probably going to grad school relatively soon, at least part time. I was an English major, and I'm hoping to make a career out of writing. Sometimes I absolutely deplore some of the vague attempts at communication one sees on the internet. Still a 'net junkie, though.

I got interested in RPGs with DnD 3.5E and eventually D20 Modern before I left high school, although I never played them before I went to college. It was a small university, but I was still shocked by the lack of RPG players I saw there. Seriously, there was a comic book shop several blocks away from both my university and the high school that didn't normally carry RPG books. The owner was perfectly willing to order them for me, but I was apparently one of the only people who ever bought them so it wasn't worth it for him to carry them. And it's not like there were other stores selling them to students either. I actually had a roommate once who played Magic: The Gathering, but I couldn't get him into RPGs. So I have stacks of books because I still enjoy reading them, but my experience actually using them is somewhat slim.

I actually got into MnM (and Star Wars Saga) trying to get my (recently ex- :| ) boyfriend interested in RPGs, since he was a big superhero comic (and Star Wars) fan. It didn't actually work, but it got me into more games at least.

Well, time to introduce myself! Pretty much an average comic book nerd with an unhealthy interest in videogames and anime. Pretty interested in some of the comics like Deadpool and Hellboy, though I don't read much of stuff like Superman and X-men. Probably should, but meh. Anything else you wanna know, gimme a holler.

• 1 month later...

Guess this is the closest to a introduction thread. Hi, I'm Leffa, and I'm new in these here parts. I'm a long time roleplayer, but fairly new to M&M. Played one session once. I will try to partake in this forum as soon as I learn to navigate this place. Don't happen to be a FAQ floating around by any chance?

I'm a Norwegian student in my mid 20s, studying my 2nd bachelor. I started with programming, found out I hated programming and didn't want to spend my whole life working as a programmer. Now I'm on my (hopefully) last year of International Logistics. I'm also second in command of the local student union. When I'm not studying I work at a game shop (computer gaming, not rpgs). I love to read comics whenever I can afford them (between rent, gaming books, beer and my girlfriend, they aren't prioritized).

I think that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Since I just happen to be logged on with a bit of time to spare do allow me to welcome a fellow Scandinavian to this fine community of role-players.

I do hope you might consider helping out us woefully outnumbered so-called villains, unless of course your heart is set on a career of self-sacrificing deeds for little to no material reward.

I do hope you might consider helping out us woefully outnumbered so-called villains, unless of course your heart is set on a career of self-sacrificing deeds for little to no material reward.
Yes, because getting the crap kicked out of you by several people with superpowers and being sent to (cardboard) jail is worth the money you'll never get away with :P

Why, that would assume I actually get caught. Doing only the occasional heist, with decent planning, and of course a disguise and at least two escape plans, means that one isn't a high profile target. Of course, I haven't done anything of such a criminal nature and what I have just said is an observation of how I would go at it. ;)

I am but a rather reclusive bookworm with a fascination of the occult, why should I bother with a criminal career? And for those who still seek to find reason to doubt my words, explain why I would provide room and board for a member of the grand sorority of heroines.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

The name's Delemental, and I've been over at the ATT for a while, but just recently found this site.

I'm a counselor in my mid-30's, living in Portland, OR. I've been playing RPGs since I was 15, mostly D&D with a smattering of other systems. I've been involved with Mutants and Masterminds since 2nd Edition came out, and I just recently finished running a campaign. Now I'm looking for some play time.

I hope to have my first character posted for review soon.

Hello everyone.

The name's Delemental, and I've been over at the ATT for a while, but just recently found this site.

I'm a counselor in my mid-30's, living in Portland, OR. I've been playing RPGs since I was 15, mostly D&D with a smattering of other systems. I've been involved with Mutants and Masterminds since 2nd Edition came out, and I just recently finished running a campaign. Now I'm looking for some play time.

I hope to have my first character posted for review soon.

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I missed this thread while wandering around in here.

San Francisco Bay Area, late 30's. I've been playing since 1st Edition D&D, Gamma World, original MU. Really got into the ICE/Rolemaster systems for a long time, at least until 3rd(and then 3.5) edition came out. Started MnM 1st ed a while back, transitioned into 2nd about a year ago. I've also decided that I will be nice and run a game to relieve our GM who has soley run MnM for us.

Saw a thread over at ATT and lurked for a short time before joining. Mostly trying to decide which character idea most fits with whats going on over here. I look forward to adventuring (and, sometimes, misadventuring) with all you soon.

-Razorback

As the name suggests, i am a POE fan.

But that's not all i like, my other interests include playing games like MnM, and believe it or not, this is probably one of my least played games (regrettably of course). Other games i like include D&D (cliche, i know but at least 4e is somewhat refreshing), most of White Wolf's World of Darkness (with the exception of Vampire.) Exalted, Gurps (I don't care what anyone says, Bunnies and Burrows is FUN!) Call of Cthulu, ... oh the list goes on, but that's enough for now.

Other big hobbies of mine are reading (mostly fantasy novels), video games (platformers, RPGs, you name it), and music (playing some VH right now).

I like HEROES more than VILLAINS but if you can play the second one right, the second one is just SO satisfying ;)

that's about it, as i kinda wanna keep it short and sweet.