Secret Identities

Barnum

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

My name's is Folkert and I decided to go by my real name because it somehow tends to irritate people when I sign my posts with my real name instead of the current "username" I used.

I'm 33, a soldier and historian by trainnig and profession (though I probably won't work in that second capacity again) and, if my English didn't already tell, German. I've been gaming on and off for about 20 years and have only recently returned to online gaming after a health-mandated pause of a few years. (Found the link to this place on GG where I'd been a player those years ago.)

Aside from RPGs and a bit of Comics my hobby is the same as my trade - military and mentality history. Along this line I've worked as a "history advisor" for a number of mods for the old Panzer General and Close Combat games.

Folkert

Hi everybody!

My name's is Folkert and I decided to go by my real name because it somehow tends to irritate people when I sign my posts with my real name instead of the current "username" I used.

I'm 33, a soldier and historian by trainnig and profession (though I probably won't work in that second capacity again) and, if my English didn't already tell, German. I've been gaming on and off for about 20 years and have only recently returned to online gaming after a health-mandated pause of a few years. (Found the link to this place on GG where I'd been a player those years ago.)

Aside from RPGs and a bit of Comics my hobby is the same as my trade - military and mentality history. Along this line I've worked as a "history advisor" for a number of mods for the old Panzer General and Close Combat games.

Folkert

Well, you're in luck! I can't imagine why that would irritate anyone around here. In fact, we use real names quite a bit.

Welcome aboard.

Well, you're in luck! I can't imagine why that would irritate anyone around here. In fact, we use real names quite a bit.

Welcome aboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Might as well introduce myself while I take quick break from other things.

I go by the name of Nyrath on a number of forums, have been doing so since I first ventured out on them in fact. A few of you might know me from the Atomic Thinktank, and it's from there that I've drifted in.

For some reason I've, multiple times, confused others as to my gender while on the net, something I've at times found amusing.

As for gaming, I was introduced to it by my parents over a decade ago in the form of 2nd Ed. D&D. Nowadays most of my gaming is in the refreshingly flexible system which we use here, a system I was introduced to a couple of years ago in its first edition.

That'll do for now, gotta go feed the bloody stupid sheep...

I go by the name of Nyrath on a number of forums, have been doing so since I first ventured out on them in fact. A few of you might know me from the Atomic Thinktank, and it's from there that I've drifted in.

For some reason I've, multiple times, confused others as to my gender while on the net, something I've at times found amusing.

As for gaming, I was introduced to it by my parents over a decade ago in the form of 2nd Ed. D&D. Nowadays most of my gaming is in the refreshingly flexible system which we use here, a system I was introduced to a couple of years ago in its first edition.

Hey Nyrath, nice to see you here. It's always good to have others with gender ambiguous names and icons(though not as ambiguous as when I used a picture of Desire) And I know all to well your pain at having to feed sheep. Stupidest creatures of all time. Though less annoying then chickens, if only because the smell isn't as bad.

Hey Nyrath, nice to see you here. It's always good to have others with gender ambiguous names and icons(though not as ambiguous as when I used a picture of Desire) And I know all to well your pain at having to feed sheep. Stupidest creatures of all time. Though less annoying then chickens, if only because the smell isn't as bad.

Alright, one at a time.

In any case, welcome, good... hermaphrodite?

Wouldn't be too far off, my longest established rp character could probably classified as one. But then again he/she (yes, both at once) is so messed up it's pretty much impossible to spot the poor teacher of Illusions it once was.

Where does your name come from? Hope you enjoy your time here!

The name comes from, well I frankly don't know. The first time used it as anything but a moniker on the net, which was hardly a week after registering with it, it was for a Drow smith with philosophical tendencies, and a swiss army-knife on a stick as it was dubbed. Man, that stick was good...

Ahem, since then I've used for a couple of other characters, including a Mercenary Clerical-commander of a group of combative clerics (man did the poor enemy hate the constant healing) and one of a couple of personalities who've taken up residence in my poor teacher's fractured mind (told you he/she's messed up).

And I do hope to enjoy my stay here as well.

Gender ambiguous, oh I've had a couple of avatars which could hardly be classified otherwise. Here's a couple of them, linked to save a bit on space.

Welcome, Nyrath.

We're glad you're here. :D

And I'm glad to be here as well, and I might as well add that I found my way here through the link in your Signature over on the Atomic Thinktank.

Alright, one at a time.

In any case, welcome, good... hermaphrodite?

Wouldn't be too far off, my longest established rp character could probably classified as one. But then again he/she (yes, both at once) is so messed up it's pretty much impossible to spot the poor teacher of Illusions it once was.

Where does your name come from? Hope you enjoy your time here!

The name comes from, well I frankly don't know. The first time used it as anything but a moniker on the net, which was hardly a week after registering with it, it was for a Drow smith with philosophical tendencies, and a swiss army-knife on a stick as it was dubbed. Man, that stick was good...

Ahem, since then I've used for a couple of other characters, including a Mercenary Clerical-commander of a group of combative clerics (man did the poor enemy hate the constant healing) and one of a couple of personalities who've taken up residence in my poor teacher's fractured mind (told you he/she's messed up).

And I do hope to enjoy my stay here as well.

Gender ambiguous, oh I've had a couple of avatars which could hardly be classified otherwise. Here's a couple of them, linked to save a bit on space.

Welcome, Nyrath.

We're glad you're here. :D

And I'm glad to be here as well, and I might as well add that I found my way here through the link in your Signature over on the Atomic Thinktank.

:clap:

This conversation reminds me that I need to start a "Where did you get your username?" thread. :D