Secret Identities

Barnum

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hi. Been watching for a couple days (was a little weirded out by the DNS failure) and really wanted to get in there and play.

I've been following M&M since second edition came out (so much of an improvement over first edition). Played D&D for a few years before that, but always loved superheroes from way back in the day when I picked up my first issue of Green Lantern (when Kyle Rayner took over the mantle).

Anyway, I'm Mike (but a lot of my friends call me Tool [because Mr. Fix-it sounds terrible]). I like to think of myself as grammarly artistic, flowing together words and ideas in not their intended way but in a way that sounds nice (at least to me). I'm a computer technician by day and slacker internet-goer by night.

Anyway, really interested in getting started, I just hope I understand how everything works.

Hi all.

hmm a bit about me, well there's probably not much to tell, Although i must warn you my spelling and grammar could do with some work (and that's after it gets checked with a spell checker. :? )

I currently work at home, I own my own business so I have plenty of free time :twisted:

I've been playing DnD3.5 for the last year or so, and recently got introduced to M&M and i love the system. Though I'm quite new at it, and I've always been bad with remembering rules.

So yeah Nice to meet you all.

Hello Everybody.

Obviously new here, and glad I found the site. I've been playing and running games for the last 4 years or so, mostly D&D 3.5 but also Star Wars and a little bit of White Wolf. I got into Mutants and Masterminds last year and have completely fallen in love with it. It's all my gaming group plays now pretty much.

I'm 22 years old, on my way to be married to my fiance (would be weird to have a fiance and marry somebody else) and I have a little boy on the way due in July. I'm extremely excited about that and I already have him a fuzzy dice set to start with early on.

Don't know what else to put right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I live in Boise, Idaho (it isn't quite the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here). I'm currently a student at a classical high school (i.e. you learn algebra and Biblical Greek in the same day; I like Algebra). Anyway, I'm something of a nerd and RPGs have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My friends and I used to role play free-form as early as the first grade.

I want to go to college at California Technical Institute and get a masters in computer science. I'm interested in computer security and want to become an ethical hacker. For those of you that don't know, that's a guy who works for a company and tests for security holes in their system. They then fix the holes they found. It's not a glamorous life, but it's what I want to do.

Heck, that's about it. When I'm not at school or doing homework I'm sitting in front of the computer doing something like this. I'm currently running a Warhammer 40,000 RPG called "Kill Team" here. I also tried starting a forum like this with a Steampunk RPG, but it died due to lack of interest.

P.S. The linked forum's having some troubles. The theme used randomly refuses to load. Just choose another from the list at the bottom left of the screen and you should be fine.

Me...I'm a junior...well, I just finished school two days ago, so going to be a senior. I'm not too interesting, I like to hang out with my friends, play some Jazz and video games. The people I hang out with, including myself don't really drink or anything along those lines, though some do 'casually' (Alcoholics >.<)

Ahh....I really enjoy reading and Tennis, as well as hosting monthly tournaments for Super Smash Brothers Brawl and various other games. I got into DnD about two years ago, though never really played a full game due to the lack of groups, I enjoy comics as well and collect a few series, and I just got into MnM recently.

I'd like to become one of three things. Fire-fighter, Special Education Teacher, Ancient History Teacher.

Ah....Oh yeah, I'm really lame. Friends say I lack self-esteem, but it's pretty evident, i'm lame. I went to Boston and held up a sign saying 'Super Hero Tryouts!' for a project on Social Situations and how people handle them. Got good results..but that shows i'm kind of lame.

Ah....Oh yeah, I'm really lame. Friends say I lack self-esteem, but it's pretty evident, i'm lame. I went to Boston and held up a sign saying 'Super Hero Tryouts!' for a project on Social Situations and how people handle them. Got good results..but that shows i'm kind of lame.

Actually that makes you awesome - what kind of responses did you get?

I got about thirty people to come up, fill out papers asking what their powers were, villains, and a public display of their powers. I even got one guy to come back in his spiderman outfit....he was creepy. big...and creepy. but it was fun. I want to go back and do something similar for kicks another day soon. Hopefully this time my camera will work. I just need to find Kodak Batteries.

And you're the second ever to actually guess my name correctly for this. Everyone tries to link it to Inuyasha or some other wonky animes.

I actually usually use Razputin from Psychonauts for my avatar. love that game with a passion.

I know, and techincally it's all linked to Naruto, which in turn is linked to Satan 666 or whatever it's called in America.

I've toned down my anime addiction, but the 'Epic Family Tree' is always something I liked knowing.

Takahashi Married to Kishimoto, and Kishimoto's brother made Satan 666.

Man, I just can't get excited over anime anymore, too many weeabos ruined it. But anyways, I'm planning another excursion into Boston this saturday to get some superhero appys, hopefully i'll get my camera in working order.

Hi all. I'm new to the board and new to Mutants & Masterminds.

I live in Los Angeles and work from home for a financial printing company. I work off a laptop which affords me the luxury of keeping up with the PbP games I'm in easily enough. :)

I've been playing role-playing games for about 22 years now. Mostly it's been D&D, Rolemaster and Champions, though I've played quite a few other systems. Currently, I'm running a d20 Modern game for some friends of mine.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing! :)

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'll tell you all a few secrets.

I'm just returning to grad school. I spent the last 7 years as a library tech, and now I am going to get my Masters in Library Science. It's my second Masters degree; the first is in English Literature.

I write a webcomic, The Dada Detective (http://www.likelystories.com), which has been ongoing for over 3 years. It's a comedy/mystery, a story of crimes, mimes, mystery, murder, and a missing duck. There are two published volumes of the comic, plus an ancillary "Dada Alphabet." My name and avatar, Dr. Victor Von Phlogistein, come from the comic. Eli Whitney is his nemesis, so you know.

I've been studying Chinese martial arts since I was 12. It's one of my favorite things.

I also love films-- good, bad, old, new-- literature, opinions, games. I've been an active role-player with the same group for about 10 years. Some of my favorite books are The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Infoquake, Snowcrash, V.A.L.I.S., and Scott McCloud's Zot!