Secret Identities

Barnum

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...And the cycle of corruption continues unabated. :)

As it should be. :D

Hehe - agreed.

That said, I know a rolepleying couple who love everything awesome - sci-fi, anime, fantasy, computer games etc, basically everything nerdy - and they always joke that their child is going to become a jock to rebel. One day his father will catch him running laps or something.... *shudder*

;)

Hehe - agreed.

That said, I know a rolepleying couple who love everything awesome - sci-fi, anime, fantasy, computer games etc, basically everything nerdy - and they always joke that their child is going to become a jock to rebel. One day his father will catch him running laps or something.... *shudder*

;)

Hehe - agreed.

;)

;)

:rotfl:

I think I know that kid. :D

;)

;)

Gosh, is this where I introduce myself? Hi all! I'm a historian by profession, comics fan and RPGer by inclination. (Sometimes they cross over with hilarious results. Someday I'll write a history of Fawcett vs. DC.)

As my character and name tell you, I'm a big fan of Captain Marvel, and the sheer insanity of the Golden Age in general. I'm currently reading the Superman Chronicles; the very earliest appearances of the Man of Steel. (Superman fights drunk drivers! By destroying an automobile factory. Because that's the way they rolled in the Golden Age!)

Gosh, is this where I introduce myself? Hi all! I'm a historian by profession, comics fan and RPGer by inclination. (Sometimes they cross over with hilarious results. Someday I'll write a history of Fawcett vs. DC.)

As my character and name tell you, I'm a big fan of Captain Marvel, and the sheer insanity of the Golden Age in general. I'm currently reading the Superman Chronicles; the very earliest appearances of the Man of Steel. (Superman fights drunk drivers! By destroying an automobile factory. Because that's the way they rolled in the Golden Age!)

*tears off Benjamin Franklin mask*

Hi, everybody! I'm Jon, though I've been using the "Dr Archeville" handle as long as I've been online, a lil' over a decade. When I was first exposed to the webernets, the first sites I went to were Transformers-based boards (Beast Wars was first airing at the time and held me tight). I noticed most everyone on the forums had handles based on a TF character, so I decided to do the same, but wanted a name that wasn't already taken (no "OptimusPrime24601"). Fortunately, almost none of the (few) human character names were taken, so I adopted the name of the human mad scientist Dr. Archeville (alternatively spelled Arkeville or Arkavil -- I prefer my spelling ;) ).

I'm a full-time staff at the NCSU Libraries, have been for about 7 years, and am still working on getting a BA in English (focus on Language, Writing and Rhetoric). The thing that's been holding me back are the foreign language courses -- my brain doesn't like them (a friend suggested that it's because my brain is already full with so much English), which makes me somewhat jealous of my brother, who can speak French, German, Italian and Japanese (and is currently in Japan teaching English as a second language). (I also have a sister, she's very active in her college's Christian youth group.)

I love comic books, roleplaying games, science fiction, fantasy, horror, and cooking (I adore Alton Brown). I've got a MySpace page, and recently joined GoodReads.

I'm engaged (hoping to wed in late March/early April), and live with my wonderful fiance and our two cats, Shadow and Leo. We don't make much, but enough to get by.

Oh, and I'm a freelance writer; so far all my stuff's been for the Mutants & Masterminds system. My stuff can be found at e23,, Lulu, and RPGNow.

Hi, everybody! I'm Jon, though I've been using the "Dr Archeville" handle as long as I've been online, a lil' over a decade. When I was first exposed to the webernets, the first sites I went to were Transformers-based boards (Beast Wars was first airing at the time and held me tight). I noticed most everyone on the forums had handles based on a TF character, so I decided to do the same, but wanted a name that wasn't already taken (no "OptimusPrime24601"). Fortunately, almost none of the (few) human character names were taken, so I adopted the name of the human mad scientist Dr. Archeville (alternatively spelled Arkeville or Arkavil -- I prefer my spelling ;) ).

I'm a full-time staff at the NCSU Libraries, have been for about 7 years, and am still working on getting a BA in English (focus on Language, Writing and Rhetoric). The thing that's been holding me back are the foreign language courses -- my brain doesn't like them (a friend suggested that it's because my brain is already full with so much English), which makes me somewhat jealous of my brother, who can speak French, German, Italian and Japanese (and is currently in Japan teaching English as a second language). (I also have a sister, she's very active in her college's Christian youth group.)

I love comic books, roleplaying games, science fiction, fantasy, horror, and cooking (I adore Alton Brown). I've got a MySpace page, and recently joined GoodReads.

I'm engaged (hoping to wed in late March/early April), and live with my wonderful fiance and our two cats, Shadow and Leo. We don't make much, but enough to get by.

Oh, and I'm a freelance writer; so far all my stuff's been for the Mutants & Masterminds system. My stuff can be found at e23,, Lulu, and RPGNow.