Secret Identities

Barnum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, well, what to say 'cept How-do?

I'm 24, a comics nut, Cartoon Nut, amateur Voice Actor, and am a shy little newbie ready to learn ropes. This is my first time really doing anything with DICE RP - I've done some freeform in IRC rooms, but that's about it. Decided - "Shoe, you needs to explore deeper waters." So here I am.

To quote Stan Lee - "Excelsior!"   

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

My nickname is Rice, and I am from Canada. I have been doing forum RP since April last year, and do not have any experience aside from that. I have never played M&M before, but this is just the setting I was looking for, and I have already read a good part of the 2e rules.

I think that's about it for me.

Hey everyone. I'm CoverAndFire. You can just call me Cover. I've been doing PBP games for a while. I was really active on TV Tropes's RP forum a while ago, but once AP World happened, that went away. I'm looking for a chance to get back into RP's, and this seemed like a good one. Admittedly, I'm don't play much M&M, but I do have the DC Adventures rulebook.

As for what I do, I'm a senior in high school, and I make electronic music and post it on SoundCloud when I have time. I'm into metal and hip-hop in addition to electronic music. I enjoy action movies, cyberpunk in general, and having ethical dilemmas over listening to Lostprophets.

That's all for now. I'm glad to be here.

I'm Kit. I've played MnM for like a year but 3rd edition only. I like like long walks to the TV, videogames, old sitcoms and anime. I have bad social anxiety issues that are counter-intuitive to tabletop gaming. Even if nobody is, it feels like everyone around is secretly judging everything I do, and I think every next move I'll make will be a colossal screwup and make people hate me. But I'm here because a friend is here and usually my anxiety goes away when I've been around new people for long enough.

In MnM, I like experimenting with different concepts, though it sometimes leads to crippling overspecialization and I find i have to often go back to the drawing board to come up with a 'viable' idea.

I also am on Steam. Ask if you wanna get together and maybe play a game sometime.

Edited by Year_of_the_Fox
  • 4 months later...

Shame on me -- I've been here for nearly two weeks now, and just ran across this thread!

As my profile info says, I'm 40, from Canada (Calgary, AB), and male.  I've been RPing since my teens, and have played MnM since before the second edition debuted, as well as being familiar with dozens of other RPGs.  I'm a smartass and think I'm funny, which I know some of you have discovered already, but I try and make up for it by being a prolific, extensive, and grammatically-correct poster.

Plus, did I mention I'm funny?  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

So. 4 years later, I think I'm due an introduction as well!

Hey folks. Most of you know me already, having spend hours upon hours discussing on Chat, but anyways, here goes. My name is Evangelos Galfianakis, or Vaggelis for short. I'm Greek, 27, live in Athens, and when I'm not in front of a computer screen, I'm either playing pool with my best friend, or I'm suffering from PC withdrawal. I love superheroes, videogames, anime, Kim Possible, tabletop games, HIMYM(which ended with Ted and the Mother living happily ever after, thank you very much), Chuck, Beast Wars, and other various TV series. My #1 writter is Terry Pratchett (may he rest in peace).

Oh, and most importantly of all

Top 20 FF games (From best to worst):

01 - FF VII. Like it or not, this is what people think when they say Final Fantasy, including non-FF fans.

02 - FF X. This is FF Mystic Quest done right.

03 - FF IX. Beautifully crafted worldbuilding.

04 - FF XII. Most Star Wars meets LotR.

05 - FF TA2. Best Job/Race system, though it lacks Morphers.

06 - FF TA. Second Best Job/Race system, due to lacking Gria and Master Monks.

07 - FF II. Most Open World FF, both exploration-wise and character-building-wise.

08 - FF XIV ARR. Best Rebound effort. It saved FF XIV.

09 - FF Legend II. Yes, it's a dolled up instalment. No, it's still more FF than Tactics is.

10 - FF VIII. Most anti-level-grinding FF.

11 - FF V

12 - FF X-2

13 - FF VI

14 - FF III

15 - FF I

16 - FF Adventure

17 - FF

18 - FF CC

19 - FF IV

20 - FF XIII

Dishonorary Mentions:

03 - FF Mystic Quest

02 - FF XIV. When you force your creator to publically apologize for making you, you know you've done messed up.

01 - FF Tactics. It's less of an FF game than FF Legends 2.

PS: I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Bold statements.

Hi, everyone! I just joined the site, and this looked like a good place to say "Hi" before getting to work on my first character. So, my name is Patrick, I'm 21, and am currently living in Colorado, where I am in the process of transferring from my old college in Iowa. Kind of having an existential crisis outside of that, but I'm studying Film, and Japanese at the moment, so I hope I can turn those into something. Haha.

I haven't been into RPG's as long as some, but I dove in head-first when I finally had a chance. My brother & I dabbled in Shadowrun, but my first real game was a Dnd 3.5 game with some friends I knew from our campus Karate Club. From there, I got into games such as Star Wars, Savage Worlds, 2nd Edition AdnD, World of Darkness, and of course MnM. I bought a 2nd Edition MnM book a couple years ago which I haven't had the chance to run a game with, but instead pored over until I had the rules locked away in my noggin, so I'm excited to finally put those to good use.

My main hobbies are video game collecting (favorite systems are the Sega Dreamcast and Panasonic 3DO) and finding new RPG systems to mess with. I've had a lifelong fixation on superheroes that began with Power Rangers and the 90's Spider Man cartoon when I was a kid, and continues today in the form of my growing comic collection and interest in all the superhero films that are coming out lately. I've also got a thing for Japanese culture (though not as much anime as you might think), and really love Japanese sci fi movies. You may have noticed I am a little scattered.

Currently Playing: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Currently Watching: Daredevil (2nd time through)

Currently Reading: Spider-Verse & Wheel of Time

• 1 month later...

Hello I'm  Nexus, but I also go by Robert. I've been reading comics off and on for the last 15 years now. I've been a fan of comic book characters since kindergarten and I love that I get the chance to rp with you guys. I've always been interested in M&M since I found a pdf of it online. I though the setting and characters were a lot of fun plus it wasn't so dark and gritty like the comics have been since 2001. My hobbies are writing, reading, acting, and playing the occasional video game. I mostly read plays and new age pulp stories. I have been doing the rp thing for a while now, I've just never done it on a sit quite like this. I done the occasion tumblr rp, but they always just seem to fissile out in three or four months.

Woah, hadn't noticed this thread before.

Hi y'all! I've been going by Cabochard online for...wow, years, but in the real world they call me Rick. I'm an occasional fan of comic books, but a bigger fan of the concepts behind them, especially the idea of superpowers in general. I picked up M&M a few days ago and remembered this site from when I did a PbP crawl about a year or so ago.

I've done a few PbPs here and there, but most of them fizzled out before it go anywhere. I'm happy to be here, and happy to play with you guys!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.  

I'm Deel, and I've been roleplaying since the original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, rping superheroes since Villains & Vigilantes and rping online since AOL's Red Dragon Inn.  Lately I've been confining my attentions to Star Trek Online, Champions Online and Neverwinter Online, but having found this site I think it might be time to get my rp back to a slightly more literate form.  Play-by-post is a good way to go and I've been a fan of Freedom City since the Second Edition of MnM (I missed the first one.)

As for my mundane self, I'm from Georgia and work 7 to 4, so if I show limited knowledge of NJ and don't look or post for long periods I hope I don't try anyone's patience.

Welcome aboard, Deel! Don't worry about needing detailed knowledge  about 'Jersey or havinng an uneven posting schedule. You only need a general idea of how Freedom is set up, and relatively few people, even among the regulars, can post every day or even every week. Just make sure ahead of time that won't be a problem with the GM, ask questions if you need to, and you should be perfectly fine.

• 7 months later...

It's been a long time coming but here we go

Hi folks!

I'm Jonathan from London, currently living in southport. Ill be 25 this year.

Mostly I suffer from anxiety and am currently living in supported housing due to my autism and such

I do some voluntary work when I'm not working on things in the local community workshop, gardening or cooking/baking.

Here's a picture

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess I might as well get around to doing one of these at some point, right? Considering I’ve actually managed to stick around for a while and do not plan on leaving any time soon, it feels like it’s the right time to do it! So yeah, here’s me.

Chances are most people have some idea of who I am already, considering I spend pretty much all my free time in chat, but either way:

Hey, it’s me. Lopi/Salami/various misspellings of either, or well, Ivan. I’m 17, currently living in Switzerland, and I’m in high school or whatever the American equivalent would be, because my country really likes its confusing school system.

The parts of my free-time I do not spend playing videogames and writing posts for on here, I’m usually either getting annoyed at politics, the state of the world, the educational system, and many other things (but let’s not dwell on that), spending time with my friends, playing Magic: The Gathering, painting miniatures, or at Kenjutsu training. I actually managed to win a sparring competition not too long ago. (It was pure luck, don’t let anybody tell you skill was involved!). Or I’m just in pain thanks to scoliosis screwing with every muscle of my torso, but that one’s getting better, so hooray.

Also, while pictures cannot portray the lion’s mane that is my hair properly, I guess have one. And since I just realized I haven’t taken any in months (gasp!), it’s actually very recent!

Edited by olopi
  • 2 years later...

Hello all!

I'm new to the site.. i hope it's still running and I'm not just writing this for myself.

My name is Mike, I played a few M&M games online, and just found this site recently. The way you have everything looks well established and I jumped at the chance to join in.

I live in America in Tennessee . Yes I have a southern accent, no I am not a country/cow boy(or I wouldn't be here).

That about sums me up for now!