Secret Identities

Barnum

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An insight into my absences over January:

Yes, it's true, I've been a neglectful 'Superhero play-by-post referee', and I apologise. It'll all be over after January. That said, I've been doing fun things! For those interested, I've been performing in an outdoor production of Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' (or, if you prefer, 'She's the man'*). It's been fun; here is a picture:

twelfthnight.jpg

That's Roger (Orsino), Kellie (Viola), Myself (Feste) and Pete (Sir Andrew). We've performed in some great places. For example, the four days I was away recently we performed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge. It'll be my last show with this company, as I'm hoping to direct an Australian play this year, so I'll put my efforts into that instead. Anyways, just though I'd put this out there. If anyone else what to say what they're up to, feel free! Don't leave me hanging and make me 'that guy' who's a little too forthcoming...

Hope you're well.

* Fact: Amanda Bynes is hilarious.

Yes, it's true, I've been a neglectful 'Superhero play-by-post referee', and I apologise. It'll all be over after January. That said, I've been doing fun things! For those interested, I've been performing in an outdoor production of Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' (or, if you prefer, 'She's the man'*). It's been fun; here is a picture:

twelfthnight.jpg

That's Roger (Orsino), Kellie (Viola), Myself (Feste) and Pete (Sir Andrew). We've performed in some great places. For example, the four days I was away recently we performed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge. It'll be my last show with this company, as I'm hoping to direct an Australian play this year, so I'll put my efforts into that instead. Anyways, just though I'd put this out there. If anyone else what to say what they're up to, feel free! Don't leave me hanging and make me 'that guy' who's a little too forthcoming...

Hope you're well.

twelfthnight.jpg

Hope you're well.

I don't know. This Kellie of yours looks awful... womanly. If I didn't know better, I'd assume you were having women play women's parts, and that must never be! In order to remain true to the vision Shakespeare had, all women are required to be played by cross-dressing men.

It also has the benefit of cutting down on the chances of Romeo trying to use tongue with Juliet.

I don't know. This Kellie of yours looks awful... womanly. If I didn't know better, I'd assume you were having women play women's parts, and that must never be! In order to remain true to the vision Shakespeare had, all women are required to be played by cross-dressing men.

It also has the benefit of cutting down on the chances of Romeo trying to use tongue with Juliet.

That's what you think... And besides, the play is confusing enough without having a man playing a woman dressed up as a man. ;)

So wait, you have the fool part in this play?

Your friends must not like you or something... :)

Hehe, no way! The fool is the best part. He's a wise fool, like Mr. Miagi, so basically I get to go around and criticise everybody, but do it under the guise of humour. But instead of karate, I play guitar.

That's what you think... And besides, the play is confusing enough without having a man playing a woman dressed up as a man. ;)

Hehe, no way! The fool is the best part. He's a wise fool, like Mr. Miagi, so basically I get to go around and criticise everybody, but do it under the guise of humour. But instead of karate, I play guitar.

If anyone else wants to say what they're up to, feel free! Don't leave me hanging and make me 'that guy' who's a little too forthcoming...

Don't worry, Affliction will always get the T.M.I. award (too much information).

I've been spending my days and nights (less now that classes have started back) looking after a 3 year old and her 18 month old brother. Last weekend, after little brother was already in bed, we got dressed up in very frilly "princess" dresses (complete with tiaras and "magic wands") and watched Cinderella. She was very impressed that I could sing *all* the songs. :D This weekend . . . The Little Mermaid! And yes, we are going to dress up like mermaids. :D And yes, I do know all those songs too.

I also started back at the gym this week, but I'm still about 4 pounds off of restarting gymnastics. Hopefully I'll be there next week, but now that I type it, I'm not sure that I want to give up keeping the kids, so . . . I may not start back at all. Who knows?

If anyone else wants to say what they're up to, feel free! Don't leave me hanging and make me 'that guy' who's a little too forthcoming...

Don't worry, Affliction will always get the T.M.I. award (too much information).

I've been spending my days and nights (less now that classes have started back) looking after a 3 year old and her 18 month old brother. Last weekend, after little brother was already in bed, we got dressed up in very frilly "princess" dresses (complete with tiaras and "magic wands") and watched Cinderella. She was very impressed that I could sing *all* the songs. :D This weekend . . . The Little Mermaid! And yes, we are going to dress up like mermaids. :D And yes, I do know all those songs too.

I also started back at the gym this week, but I'm still about 4 pounds off of restarting gymnastics. Hopefully I'll be there next week, but now that I type it, I'm not sure that I want to give up keeping the kids, so . . . I may not start back at all. Who knows?

Wanted: A nanny for two adorable children.

If you want this choice position

Have a cheery disposition

Rosy cheeks, no warts!

Play games, all sort

You must be kind, you must be witty

Very sweet and fairly pretty

Take us on outings, give us treats

Sing songs, bring sweets

Never be cross or cruel

Never give us castor oil or gruel

Love us as a son and daughter

And never smell of barley water

If you won't scold and dominate us

We will never give you cause to hate us

We won't hide your spectacles

So you can't see

Put toads in your bed

Or pepper in your tea

Hurry, Nanny!

Rosy cheeks, no warts!

Play games, all sort

Sing songs, bring sweets

Never be cross or cruel

If you won't scold and dominate us

We will never give you cause to hate us

We won't hide your spectacles

So you can't see

Put toads in your bed

Or pepper in your tea

Hurry, Nanny!

Rosy cheeks, no warts!

Play games, all sort

Sing songs, bring sweets

Never be cross or cruel