Future Shock IC

Thevshi

Synapse

Dee was both listening to Erick's explanation of what he had been working on and the subsequent discussion while also busy typing away her holographic keyboard. Yes, I doubt we can completely avoid that when taking Muirne on her first outing, but if we can minimize it some, that would be idea. She responded to Erick mentally.

"VERA and I are already on it." She said out loud when Klara mentioned looking into some of the police files on the organizations. Dee reached up to tap some of the screens in front of her and then made a slight gesture with her hand as if tossing something and a number of holographic images formed in the air in front of those gathered around the computer core. There were several opened computer files taken from the police servers.

"Well, I think the idea of looking to shut down the source of this new designer drug sounds like a good starting point. Deal with an immediate threat and get the various organizations to calm down a bit. Maybe in the process we can generally discourage any desire on their part to start bringing in Powers."

Muirne followed along with the conversation, "I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help. Just tell me where you need me." She looked between the senior heroes. "I can watch their movements, and no one knows me, if something goes wrong they might think it is one of their rivals, or a lone agent so they won't think Vanguard is involved." She sets her chin and steadied her stance. "I'm here to help."

Zhenshcina-voin

Klara was many things, some she wasn’t proud off, but she wasn’t one to shelter someone from the truth. It was remarkable really that the Ministry kept her around, though maybe it was just that reason. She wanted to make sure that Muirne was a valued member of the team, even if they’d probably have to take things slow.

We know you are more than capable Sestra, but all this is still so new to you. I remember how overwhelming it was for me when I entered man worlds, and because of that I fell in with some very bad people.” she gently put a hand on her shoulder

You will fight by our side of course, but for now it will have to be by our side.”

Synapse

Dee looked over to Klara and then back to Muirne for a brief moment before focusing back on the holographic displays of the police files associated with the organizations Erick had been investigating. "It's decided then, the five of us for this operation." She stated with a small grin before becoming serious once more.

"So, any strong leads yet on the source of this new super-drug?" She asked her fiancé. "Or do we just have to start working our way backwards and see what we can shake out of the branches?"

Muirne met Klara's eyes at her admission of falling in with bad people, her own blown wide. She listened closely to her words, before a small smile pulled On her lips. "Thank you. It means a lot."

She turned to face Dee, her face filled with determination as the woman spoke. Muirne promised to herself silently that she would do whatever she had to in order to help them, and started to mentally ready herself to be a Hero.

She faced Erick, waiting for his reply, her eyes ablaze even as the smile remained on her lips.

Erick leaned back into his chair and stretched his arms out.  Yawning for effect before he went on to explain what he's found for a source. "I've got no strong leads for the actual chemist behind it.  You may get a kick out of this.  So gang culture loves social media.  I mean loves it.  Obviously music isn't causation, but trappers will often engage in diss tracks. But, there's but an uptick in videos from Westminster.  Teen gangs threatening each other, picture perfect coordinated feats of dexterity, and doing math and talking about packs.  Which is slang for drugs in that scene.  Basically advertising that they're on some stuff in non subtle ways.  So if we were to work backwards, I'd recommend the obvious bullseye."

Muirne cocked her head as Erick explained, looking confused. "These teens are doing drugs and then recording themselves... Doing maths?" She looked a strange mixture of bewildered and scandalized. "Why would anyone do that, I don't get it." She allowed herself a few more moments of concern before shaking herself.

"So we want to investigate these teens to see if we can find their supplier? If so, isn't the easiest solution to try talking to them?"

Synapse

Dee listened as Erick talked abou8t some of the clues he had been finding on social media for gangs in the Westminster area. As she did, the Englishwoman quickly went into a search of social media for that area, pulling up some of the videos in question.  "A good number of criminals can often be bloody daft." She said in reply to Muirne's question. "It is the ones that are not that you often have to be most worried about."

"Despite the bravado they might have, they are not particularly likely to be too willing to speak with us about their supplier, if for no other reason than to avoid losing their supply of drugs." Dee then added. "But, we will see what we find once we are there."

Looking at the others, she gave a small smile. "Looks like we are off to Westminster. Time to suit up."

Zhenshchina-voin

Klara gave a little frown as the details of the gang were revealed, especially the location of these kids. She walked many of the streets of Westminster on her daily visits to the Ministry, and yet she’d never thought to keep an eye out for criminal activity. She’d always been a big picture kind of hero, but would it hurt to patrol the streets now and again?

That's a little embrassing for us, what with them being almost on our doorstep.” for the newcomer she gave indicated on the map there location in regards to Westminster, it was weird to think that maps weren’t really a thing when Muirne was little

You think they're doing it purpose, operating under our nose?”

"I'm not a psychologist by any means.  But, to quote Dee on their reasoning.  Sometimes they're just daft.  Rather be dead in a dark alley than domestic.  Not to have too much fun with alliteration."  Erick reached for his mask pressing back against his face.  His expression remained indifferent all the while.  From the moment he came to the UK, sure there were only a few streets that could outright compare to the Fens.  But, it had never been crime free.

How else would he know to check such videos to begin with.  "Alright, so Muirne just to go over some rules real quick.  No real names.  If you need to jump behind anyone taller than than me.  Nothing short of a Mach truck is going to knock these two down.  Oh, and question first but don't be afraid to punch second."

Muirne nodded as Erick went over the rules, mentally switching in her head. She looked at them all, repeating their hero names in her head. Synapse, Foreshadow, Zhenschina-voin, Dreadnought. "I'll do my best." She pauses, "I'll go get changed into my armour. Just give me a few minutes." She picks up her bag and jogs into a changing room. She manages to get into her spandex quickly, but the armour takes more time. She's less skinny than she had been when she was thrown forward in time, which was alright because her armour had been loose back then, but it had mainly been given room for vertical growth, so the rings of mail had become rather tight over the gambeson below it. She does some stretches to get used to wearing it again, having forgotten how heavy the armour is.

With that she removes the pole and spearhead, attaching the latter and securing it in place. The leaf head gleams coldly in the light while Muirne affixes her own domino mask and picks up her shield. Last time she'd wielded these she had been alone and had been lost in time for over a thousand years. She breathed in deeply, closing her eyes as she set her shoulders.

Shadowborne set her stance, spear and shield in hand. This time would be different.

Synapse

Dee had also gone off to one of the living quarters in one of the "spokes" off the central hub of the Haven. A short time later she emerged in her medium grey and purple full bodysuit along with the domino mask she wore. As she waited for everyone to gather, the Englishwoman checked the information of some of the screens once more.

Once everyone had gathered together, she reached out with her mental powers, connecting to each of the others gathered there. Okay, our mental network is in place. She said to all four of the others as once. Muirne, you will be able to use the mental network I set up to communicate with all of us during the mission, as long as you stay within about a kilometer and a half of me.

"Glad to 'ear it." Dreadnought boomed boisterously at muirne "you can just call me Joe if you like...or anything but not late to dinner!" He chortled with a flex of his muscles "these are built on Ale, spinach and meat pies don't ya know."

He winked and clicked his tongue in response to Ericks "don't lump me in with that guy, I'm all for saving the rainforest from clearcutting and cattle farming, not much of a fan of bonemeal Bread either." He responsed mirthfuly before settling down and focusing on the task at hand.

"Stake out eh? Sounds fun! More of a breach and raid type myself but a bit o' discretion and finesse can't go amiss eh, klara?"

Edited by Exaccus

Muirne jumped as she heard Dee's voice in her head, but quickly recovered. I'll keep distance in mind Síþwíf Dee. She left the changing room, setting her shoulders confidently as she went to meet the older heroes. "I'll have to keep that in mind if I need to make food for you Breogo W- uh... Joe." She smiled at him in good humour as he flexed his muscles. "It's also good to know what to avoid eating too much of if I want to still fit my armour." She leaned on her spear as she waited for the others to get fully ready, glad she'd gotten into her gear in good time and wasn't going to hold the team up.

Zhenshchina-voin

Designed for battle her armour was quick to don so she allowed the others a chance to get prepared themselves. She was interested to see how the new member would handle the situation, at least things had gone smoother than the last person she’d met from the far past even from her perspective. It was a little comforting that at even over three hundred there were people even older in the world.

You should have spent time in the forces, it was mostly waiting around with moments of sheer terror. By most accounts this should be much more enjoyable experience.” she smiled at Dreadnought knowing his discussions from many hours of such things

We obviously need to introduce you to the ideas of healthy eating and the gym my sestra. The two of us aren’t exactly the definition of normal for such things.”

• 1 month later...

Muirne smiled politely at Klara's comment about being in the forces, not really having experience with anything like that. It was tough to imagine any of the people here terrified though, it just seemed so far out from the confidence and power they had, although she imagined living in a world where there were other people with powers tempered that confidence and made them earn it through experience she didn't have. She grinned and chuckled at Klara's comment about healthy eating and exercise. "I'll have to take you up on that at some point, for now I've been enjoying trying the things I never got to when I was a child, which is definitely why I've been gaining weight. I'll have to try my hand at making a pie, maybe I'll have to invite you around for your opinion Breogo Joe." She gave him a brilliant smile.

After a few moments she returned to business again, looking back to Erick. "What's the plan?"