Placement Tests -- Leviathan (OOC)

MBCE

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoy the thread and the tests I have mapped out for you.

I will put the details of all five stages here. I will put the DCs and what conditions you must follow to perform the actions. You will be allowed to make your own rolls and write up the results of the test. You have one HP to be used at anytime. If you wish, you may use extra effort during the various stages. There will be enough time between stages that any fatigued gained will be removed before the next stage begins.

After you have posted the results of the stage, I will post a small transition post before moving to the next stage.

If there is any items that you wish to be tested through this test, let me know here. If you do not think the test is one that should be given to Leviathan, let me know here as well. This is your thread and I am simply giving you the outlineo f how it will go. The test will have DCs that range from very easy to very challenging. If he fails any, that is fine as it is only a placement test and gives you an idea of where you might want your character to make improvements in.

My next post will give you the information for stage one. Hope you enjoy!

STAGE ONE

In this stage, Leviathan must use his Water Control power to move water from one container to another. Simply make a power rank check versus the DCs placed below. You may roll up to three times to pass the DCs. You may use extra effort on any roll but becareful as the effects won'T wear off until after the stage has been completed. The last part will have him moving water around obstacles that would require the Precise feat. Without it, he can still complete the task, but he will "bowl over" any of the obstacles in the path.

Part 1 -- Average difficulty DC 10

Part 2 -- Challenging difficulty Dc 20

Part 3 -- Formidable difficulty Dc 25

Part 4 -- Formidable difficulty Dc 25 [must manuever around obstacles (Precise feat needed)]

If I were to ask for the feat added to the power from one of my remaining PP?

Any edits done to your character will not go into effect for this thread. Remember teh purpose of this thread is to simply point out where Leviathan will be working on to improve. If he can'T do something during the test, you can work on improving that aspect of the character if it is something you want him to be able to do in the future.

Man the dice did not like you at all. :D

No problems, it let you show a little bit about Warren's personality. Go ahead and post a intermission post to show his feelings or thoughts on the previous stage and Duncan's response to his performance.

I'll put the information for the next stage here as well. So you can see what is coming next. Once I put up the introduction post for stage 2 you can put up the results.

I noticed a slight mistake on your character sheet. It seems you listed your heavy load due to Superstrength as being 200 tons. That's not exactly correctly. The numbers should be as follows:

Lt Load: 9.792 tons

Med Load: 19.616 tons

Hvy Load: 29.44 tons

Max Load: 58.88 tons

Push/Drag: 147.2 tons

Ive made teh change on your character sheet to reflect this.

STAGE TWO

In this stage, Leviathan's strength will be tested. Make an opposed strength roll against the following. Again, he has three chances per test. Please use the next roll if you fail the previous one. You may use Extra effort or a Hp to increase your own strength but remember the effect will last only for this stage. So you should makes your d20+14 str roll and compare them to the listed rolls below. Good luck.

Part 1 -- Gifted Strength (1d20+3=22) 2nd attempt; 3rd attempt (1d20+3=22, 1d20+3=5)

Part 2 -- Best in the World Strength (1d20+6=21) 2nd attempt; 3rd attempt (1d20+6=18, 1d20+6=9)

Part 3 -- Moderate Superhuman Strength (1d20+9=11) 2nd attempt; 3rd attempt (1d20+9=13, 1d20+9=26)

Part 4 -- Very High Superhuman Strength (1d20+15=28) 2nd attempt; 3rd attempt (1d20+15=20, 1d20+15=16)

So let me ask again for information on exactly how to do this? I think it, but I don't know for sure. Don't want to look silly.

Your strength score (26) gives you a +8 on the roll. YOur super strength gives you a +6 on the roll so you ahve a total of +14. Roll 1d20+14 and compare it to the first number. If you bet it, then you move to the second part. If you fail, roll again and check against the 2nd number. If you win advance to second part. Failure means you roll again and check against the 3rd number.

Repeat as needed. :)

And if I fail all three numbers, wouldn't that logically mean I wouldn't move on to the next person?

That's up to you. If you want him to continue on that's fine. If you want him to stop before, like you did with the first stage, that's fine as well. This is a thread to show where your character is going. At least where he is emotionally.

How does he react to not completing activities? How does he react to success?

STAGE THREE

In this stage, Leviathan's swimming speed will be tested. He must bet the times listed by rolling a d20+4 vs the bellow DCs. Again, you may use Extra Effort or your HP to make the rolls. You have three chances to make the DCs.

Part 2 -- Tough difficulty DC 15

Part 3 -- Challenging difficulty DC 20

Part 3 -- Formidable DC 25

STAGE THREE

In this stage, Leviathan's swimming speed will be tested. He must bet the times listed by rolling a d20+4 vs the bellow DCs. Again, you may use Extra Effort or your HP to make the rolls. You have three chances to make the DCs.

Part 2 -- Tough difficulty DC 15

Part 3 -- Challenging difficulty DC 20

Part 4 -- Formidable DC 25

You do realize you get three attempts per part to succeed, right? Is there any reason why he didn'T try to fourth part two more times?

You do realize you get three attempts per part to succeed, right? Is there any reason why he didn'T try to fourth part two more times?

I didn't realize I had 3 chances per part to succeed, and let me ask, for the +4, was that only my 'swimming' power's ranks, or was I/should I have been able to apply it as well as my swimming skill ranks, which are 5 (+13)? I know, seems a little odd, but the test seemed odd to rely solely on that, when it wouldn't necessarily, even if the bellows were working at extremly high powers (And thus replicating a storm like body of water.)

I didn't realize I had 3 chances per part to succeed, and let me ask, for the +4, was that only my 'swimming' power's ranks, or was I/should I have been able to apply it as well as my swimming skill ranks, which are 5 (+13)? I know, seems a little odd, but the test seemed odd to rely solely on that, when it wouldn't necessarily, even if the bellows were working at extremly high powers (And thus replicating a storm like body of water.)

The +4 was his swimming speed. It was a test of his speed, not his swimming skills. You always have three chances per segment to succeed.