Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

3PM, March 4th, 2020

The Riverfront District

 

It was perhaps appropriate that Sunburn, Dinostroyer and Metamind had been brought back to the Riverfront district that they had attacked. Their trial had, despite the overwhelming evidence, lasted a few weeks now. It was not much of an argument of guilt, it was more a question of how bad, and how to punish someone that didn't seem to exist. As it turned out, it seemed that Sunburn's claim that that the trio was from another world had been true. Or, at the very least, they had been good at hiding any trace of themselves.

 

Now, a verdict had been reached. Property damage, mind control, but thankfully, no fatalities, and mostly minor injuries. The Upstarts were to be sent to an A.E.G.I.S. holding facility closer to Freedom City, far from Emerald City. Super villains were not something that happened in Emerald City, after all, so they had no way of keeping them.

 

As the group was loaded into individual trucks, they were still wearing the power dampening equipment created by MarsTech. Dinostroyer wore heavy chains, Metamind had been outfitted with a helmet and Sunburn was inside a large tank filled with a strange fluid, with a breathing apparatus around her mouth and nose. She looked even more pissed off than the rest.

 

The trucks didn't far before they simply stopped. The drivers got out, any guards simply left... and then the first shots were fired towards the prison transports.

 

Emerald City was not a city of villains, and it seemed that being a villain here came with its own consequences.

Share this post


Link to post

Kimo hadn't been called on to testify, it had been clear enough what had gone down even without his account.  But he had felt a certain civic duty to at least show up for the trial.  So he'd put on one of his fancy interview aloha shirts, and actual full length pants and shoes and sat in the back of the crowd.  It was enough of a spectacle that he didn't think he'd be spotted by the villains on trial, and if push came to shove he knew secret was not exactly the word for his ID what with the lack of mask or any other way of hiding his identity.

 

After the sentencing he drifted out with the other spectators and made his way down the block toward the bus stop when he caught sight of the transports rolling out.  He paused to watch them roll by feeling for the moment at least like he'd managed to put some good out in the world or at least take some bad out of it.  When the guards as one stopped and just walked away he spat a quiet curse hsi aunties would have cuffed him over, "Man, an I liked this shirt." then started running toward the transports fearing an escape and kicking off his shoes and tearing out the calves of his pants because they were not meant for this kind of athleticism.   

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Having to work meant Peri wasn’t able to keep track of much of the trial, and with Emerald City law not catching up yet Emerald Spider could testify on the prosecution’s behalf. Still everything seemed to have gone well and she’d made sure to be nearby when the villains was being taken away, perched on the side of a building nearby (in costume) watching just in case something went wrong.

 

“Of course, thing would go wrong, this is Emerald City” when to sound of shots rang out.

 

Pulling up her scarf over her mouth she made the right hand gestured to send out a string of quantum filament to swing down towards the unfolding scene.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

Robin had been kind of annoyed that she had missed a full on super villain brawl in the middle of the city. Alright, she really shouldn't have been, she knew that. There'd been plenty of people there to stop it, it was all good! Everyone was safe, the bad guys were caught, MarsTech had swooped in and kept them trapped and, well, her own view of MarsTech had changed a bit since then. Not that it mattered much. 

 

She'd been following the events of the trial. Really, how couldn't she? Actual big time super villains in Emerald City, not something that happened a whole lot. One of the benefits of her studies meant she could master her own time, and well... she could attend the trial. A pair of jeans, a nice denim jacket. Glasses on, her hair in a ponytail, looking almost professional, following everything out. She didn't get too good a look at the bad guys, but at least they were keeping them secured?

 

Leaving the scene, she noticed people shouting, and the officers calmly walkng away. "Wait, what?" The transports were all stopped and... gunfire.

 

"Ah, crap."

 

Be careful what you wish for, right?

 

Diving into an alley was people started running, Robin pulled her domino mask out from the pocket in her jacket and quickly put it on, then reached for her belt, quickly putting her amulet into it. Seemed like it was time for justice!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

From the street opposite the court house, the sound of guns being fired echoed through the streets. The vans used to transport the group that called themselves the Upstarts might be bulletproof, but even then, they could only last so long. Anyone close enough would be able to hear orders being barked in Russian, anyone that understood the language hearing them yelling something about bringing the heavy weapons.

 

The men were dressed in fancy suits, all seemed to be wielding rifles. These were not just random criminals, they were organized, they were ready. It didn't take much to realize that the Malakov Mafiya was out for blood.

Share this post


Link to post

As much as he liked the shirt however Kimo still tossed it aside as he pulled water from the air and anywhere it might lay nearby into a powerful cresting wave under his now bare feet.  The spray danced around his ankles as he rose in the air atop the roiling mass and rode it toward the vehicles intent on disrupting the Mafiyas aim and heedless of the arms they brought to bear.  Most any small arms fire would bounce harmlessly off his sturdy form and he was probably better suited to handle anything bigger than those transports were.

 

He swooped in uncertain if this was a hit or a breakout attempt but intent on putting a stop to the russian gangsters plans regardless.  "You all picked the wrong day to pull this, now you run on home before you catch a beating."  If nothing else he hoped the interference would draw their fire long enough to get the vehicles somewhere more secure.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

No one had seen her, right? Nobody probably noticed her before now, so... Reaching for the belt buckle with her right hand, Robin clicked the button. This really wasn't the time for a dramatic entrance, no need to shout. The inner suit expanded from the belt, covering her body. So far, so good, she rushed out of the alley, as small rainbow portals opened in the air around her, various bits and pieces of armor flying out from them, attaching to the undersuit as she moved, until, finally, the helmet appeared as the last piece, her red scarf almost exploding out from the armor and trailing behind her.

 

The jets in her boots activating, she rushed ahead, reaching one of the parked vehicles and jumping over it, reaching into another rainbow portal to pull out a slightly oversized handgun. She landed on the ground in front of the vehicle and took her shot, a burst of force shooting from the gun's barrel and hitting one of the Mafiya man straight in the chest, sending him flying back.

 

Then she noticed the guy hovering on a spray of water. "Oh, hey! I'm Justice, guess you're one of the good guys too?" Focus, focus. Meeting another hero, cool! Very cool, but she really had to try to focus here, this was lot of bad guys. Best thing she could do was probably get in close...

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Swinging down from on her quantum filament Peri only had a few seconds to decide a course of action as she lined herself up to a nearby skyscraper. She wasn’t a tactical genious by any means but she’d been doing this a while and had a good sense for such things. Best thing to do for now was to slow things down to give everyone a chance to react to the attack.

 

Leaving already when we’ve just been introduced? How about we stick around for a little while? Oh high guys.” she gave a little wave at the other heroes, both of who she’d worked with before.

 

With a series of hand signals she laid down a small area of quantum stickiness to keep the fleeing villains in place.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

<"The hell!?"> The Mafiya soldiers looked up just in time to see the quantum webbing falling on them. Three dove to the side, rolling and quickly crouching, firing the assault rifles at Emerald Spider in mid-air. Three others were caught in the sticky quantum web, struggling to move.

 

<"Get them! Fire!"> Another of the Mafiya barked orders, pointing ahead. All around him, everyone not stuck in the web or already shooting at Emerald Spider fired at Justice, Kanunu and the trucks.

 

"What's going on out there?" Metamind called from his truck, the middle one. The last one, the one containing Dinostroyer, was starting to move and shake, like someone inside wanted out.

Share this post


Link to post

Kanunu stepped off the wave onto the top of a transport as the next volley of automatic fire raked across the field  of battle.  The wave collapsed and crashed over the transports in a deluge as the big islander ceased holding it together.  With a turn of his wrist and a stomp of one bare foot he pulled the flow up and around the transports in a rough dome of rushing water the flow fast enough to deflect bullets and halt the advance of any of the Mafiya soldiers.  "You all calm down someone don't want you all talkin."  he bellowed to the imprisoned villains. Just his luck to imprison these nut jobs and then have to guard them from some angry mobsters.

 

Leaping off the transport he landed near a group of the gangsters and wagged a finger at them, "They got a debt to pay to society not your boss now step off before you get yourselves hurt yea?"

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Justice

 

"Hey, ES!" Alright, this was good! Emerald Spider was here, and with the big guy with the water? Yeah, these goons didn't stand a chance!

 

Dropping her gun into a portal, Justice readied herself, spinning up the servos in her gauntlets, while tiny portals opened around her, armor plating attaching. Time to see if it would be enough to stop those guns. She really hoped. Water guy was running for the people on the ground, after creating the water all around her and the vans, and well...

 

"I'll go high."

 

This was a new trick. She'd practiced, of course, but it was still pretty good. Jumping forward, she vanished with a body tight portal opening around her, then jumping out right in front of one of the gunmen on the roof. The motor in her right gauntlet spinning up, she punched, only to have the guy step out of the way... leaving Justice alone on the roof with a good number of bad guys.

 

Alright. Not good. A quick adjustment on the fly, and tiny portals opened up for even more armor, bulking her up. She'd be slower, sure, but she'd deal with that.

Edited by RocketLord

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Hi guys, good to see you again! We should try this next time with less villains!”

 

She did a little flip over the heroes combined with a little wave, before firing a quantum filament to take her back up and around in the air. For now she was working to contain and slow the villains so the others could take them down quickly.

 

Swinging between nearby objects she made a rapid series of hand movement to lay down a series of fine quantum lines, fine enough to be hard to see but strong enough to trip and unwieldy foe.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

GM

 

The group in front of the building all tumbled down, caught in the Emerald Spider's web, but quickly scrambled to their feet to take positions once more. A few cursed in Russian, one of them yelled something in Russian, and then they were all shooting once more, bullets flying all around the Emerald Spider, while the others fired at the trucks.

 

The group near Kanunu was clearly intimidated by the large man, quickly changing targets to him and starting to fire. "You have no business here!" one of them shouted, in a rather heavy Russian accent. Almost cartoonishly so.

 

On the roof, Justice found herself targeted as well, bullets flying all over her or bouncing off her armor. The man that had given the orders gave her a single look, then turned his attention back towards the cars. "Fire! Show them what happen when you forget debt!"

Edited by RocketLord

Share this post


Link to post

"You all just make it my business."  Kanunu retorted derisively as he closed the gap with the trio.  The spray of bullets pancaked against his invulnerable flesh and fell harmlessly to the ground like they were throwing pebbles.   "See now I gotta hurt ya."

 

The hulking Hawaiian stepped in grabbed the barrel of one rifle snapping the butt up into the wielders face and sending him to the ground clutching his face.  Flowing into the next step he dropped the rifle and snapped a quick jab to the next mafiyas gut then brought his knee up under his jaw as he doubled over sending him sprawling unconscious.  Flowing like a cresting wave he slammed into the final of the trio and closed one giant hand over his face lifting him up and off his feet only to carry through and slam him to the pavement.

 

"Who's next!"  he bellowed as the watery dome behind him pulsed in time with his breathing.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

"HEY!" These guys really weren't playing around, were they? Shooting all over, not caring who they hit, and shooting straight at her? At least the armor held up, it wasn't anything more serious than that, which, really? That was good. Really good. Really nice to stay just a little bit safe from the bad guys, and to know the armor was working and...

 

She had to get to work. Full power to the gauntlets, get through these guys and get to the guy barking orders, right? The motors in her gauntlets and boots whirred to life once more. Pulling back, she delivered a quick blow that connected with the chest of the nearest shooter. The blow sent him tumbling back, out cold. As the next raised his gun at her, Robin spun around, delivering a roundhouse kick to his face that sent him down for the count, continued the movement to spin around and jump, kicking the last one and bringing him down, before she landed on the roof right behind him. Then looked up to the rest of the people on the roof and their leader.

 

"Hey! Stop that! Those people are already going away!" She set into a run, she had to get through them and stop this.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Swinging over the scene Peri had a good feel for how things were turning out, so far it was looking good, but things could change at any minute. So having done enough to slow some of the others down she now focused on taking a few of them down.

 

Stopping briefly on a light post she made the right fingers movements to send a quick series of quantum balls towards the thugs, with enough kinetic energy to make there day very difficult. Then she took back off swinging around, hopefully making her a more difficult target.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The men on the ground fired in vain at the Emerald Spider, the kinetic energy in the quantum balls being more than enough to send them tumbling all over the pavement. These Mafiya wanted their debt repaid, sure, but they obviously hadn't counted on super heroes showing up.

 

After all, why should they? This was Emerald City.

 

On the roof, the gunmen fired on Justice, bullets bouncing off her armor. She was up close and ready now.

 

The obvious leader of the group sneered at the sound of his soldiers falling and pulled up his phone, opening it and calling a number. "This is Olek. We need help. Send big guy for the trucks."

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...