Emerald City recruitment

RocketLord

I've been working on a number of plotlines for Emerald City for a while, which I think its time to pull together and try to drum up some activity for Emerald City.

So, why should you care? What makes Emerald City different from Freedom City?

Emerald City is fertile ground. Unlike the decades of super heroic traditions of Freedom City, super heroes is a relatively new phenomenon in Emerald City, starting with the debut of the Emerald Spider in 2016. In the ordered and controlled Emerald City, you can make a difference. You're not just one out of an endless line of heroes, working to maintain the status quo and keep everything as it is. You are one of at best dozens heroic individuals, a force of change, out to change the city for the better. Why didn't Emerald City have any super heroes until a few years ago? Why are they appearing now? All mysteries that you might solve.

Emerald City is full of intrigue and mystery. Behind the scenes, the enigmatic group known as the Chamber keeps the city ordered and controlled. They keep you content and happy, and strike down terribly at any that wrong them... and the city doesn't even know they exist. Through the use and abuse of Emerald City, the Chamber deal in illegal weapon sales, human trafficking and conceal the horrible abuse of the rich and powerful. Organized crime rules the streets, and immortal corporations carry out horrific experiments on the weakest parts of society. Will you be one of the heroes that find out the secret of the Chamber? Will you be the ones that will finally challenge them and bring about change?

Emerald City is a city of contradictions. On one side of the city, MarsTech and ArcheTech compete, creating technological marvels, pushing the boundarise and science and knowledge. On the other side, cryptids and magic flourish in the streets. Beings from other worlds and realities are drawn through Emerald City, through its peculiar connection to Z-Space, the realm between realities. All manner of strange beings walk the streets, all manner of adventure and mystery awaits.

Emerald City is constantly changing. Your actions matter, what you do will change the landscape of the city.  It won't be easy, it will cost you blood, sweat and tears, but what you do will matter. Will you be one of the heroes that Emerald City desperately needs?

- - -

At the moment, I have the following plans for longer storylines, with more probably spawning from them, or coming along the way, and plenty of intersections between the individual storylines, while leaving room for plenty of other, smaller threads and stories.

Mars Ultio

Max Mars has introduced the Ultio Suits to the public! Now anyone can be a hero, but that you can doesn't always mean that you should. Not everyone is cut out to be a hero, especially not within the framework of Superheroes as a Service! To compete against MarsTech and show that they are still in the game, rival companies have started rolling out their own corporate heroes.

Of course, Max Mars is secretly a member of the Chamber, so the odds of him creating a never-ending number of heroes cannot be entirely altruistic. Not everyone in the Chamber agrees with Max Mars' new initiative, creating friction and fractures within the Chamber. Maybe this will finally push the Chamber to the breaking point of their rising tensions?

Emerald Invasion

Emerald City might be the premier threat to Emerald City, but they are far from the only one. Emerald City has a peculiar connetion to the the extradimensional realm known as Z-Space, the buffer zone that exists between different universes. From Z-Space, Professor Zed has vowed to conquer the Emerald City of Earth Prime, to free it from its hidden masters! Professor Zed sends his multiversal armies of heroes, villains and monsters to invade Emerald City. Perhaps letting him free the city might be a better choice of evil to rule Emerald City, or maybe you're better off with the devil you know.

Emerald City Secrets

The Chamber rules Emerald City from the shadows. Their reach never-ending, they seem like an unstoppable juggernaut. No one knows who they are, few know that they even exist, but Rebellion knows that something is wrong and that someone rules the city in secret. Join Rebellion in navigating the labyrinthine secrets of Emerald City to uncover the truth.

The New Commander

Rita Lang wanted to help people. She really did. Her nanomachines would be used to heal people, to restore what they lose, to make them healthy. To make them better, but, accidents happen. Animal testing resulted in strange deformities and the discovery of a hive mind network in the nanomachines. When one of her coworkers wanted to move on to human testing, Rita was desperate to keep things at a slower pace. Desperate enough to use the nanomachines to take command of the coworker and an army of lab rats during an encounter with Salvo. Ultimately, Rita Lang succeeded in her goals. Only Salvo knows what she did, and Rita holds the secret of Salvo's identity to bargain.

Using the nanomachines for evil was a means to an end, not something that Rita had ever wanted to do, but perhaps the experience had an effect on her. Rita Lang is ready to take command

Community

Until now, the heroes of Emerald City has been fractured. Lone agents, reacting or acting by their own agendas. Meetings have been by chance, team ups happening solely by luck. Maybe its time to change that. After her meeting with the Emerald Spider and the Mighty Meta-Naut and the launch of the Mars Ultio suits Justice has put out the call  on HeroHouse and CapesList to meet in Betlehem Heights.

- - -

Right now, this is, as far as I can see, every non-archieved PC in Emerald City, so taking the liberty of tagging their players. Everyone else is of course welcome to join with visitors, new migrants to Emerald City, or brand new characters. If you're interested, let me know here or on Discord, and I'll work you into something. If you have any storylines in particular or get any ideas based on this, let me know!  

Blackstaff

Comrade Frost

Dalir the Dashing

Dreamer, The

Emerald Spider

Justice

Kanunu

Levity

Mag-Might

Meta-Naut

Oz

Rebellion

Salmon/Slipstream

Salvo

Sha'ir the Spellsmith

Techneaux

Ultra Girl

Venomax

Waverider

Edited by RocketLord

I can definitely see Nolan Aeronautics and their Nolan Emergency Aid and Response initiative coming into conflict with MARS at least on a rhetorical level (Nolan trains and has screening to ensure supers under their umbrella are good types to be patrons of), and Levity herself might be in a situation where she may have to clean up after someone else's mistake. Which could turn a shouting match into something less... friendly. At least in Mars' terms. Nolan genuinely wants to help (and has a good history with heroes in general) and this difference in philosophy could be a friction generator.

<<Levity here, ready for sortie.>>

Kanunu is available for the meet up or any of the more smash em ups.  Unless drug along by someone else he's not likely to dig in too deep in the secrets of EC  though.

More global than EC local at this point but as the new chosen of Heshem Ouroboros is a good match for dealing with dimensional hijinks like Doc Zed.

Alright, here's the social thread: Justice has sent out the call for the heroes of EC to meet up, so join up if it sounds like something you'd do: Calling All Heroes

There's a few threads going atm, which is great. If anyone want to get something set up for their characters, let me know here, on discord or by PM, and I'll start setting up threads for you. Tell me what you'd want to get involved in, and I'll make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...

The following heroes have decided to give being a team a try:

Emerald Spider

Justice

Kanunu

Meta-Naut

Protectotron

Salvo

Santa Muerte

Venomax

Visionary

Waverider

So far, the team is unnamed. They're currently working on figuring out what MarsTech is up to with the whole Ultio Suit thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dreamer just got approved, as someone who helps and protects those less fortunate than her she'd definitely want to fight the Chamber, help against the Emerald invasion, and if things start going bad with the Ultio suits she'd definitely be up to fight them.