"I'm going to switch to - Galstandard," said Eira in a soft whisper as she sat next to Pan at the edge of the pool. "This place is a good test, don't you think?" she asked Pan, looking around at their friends and all the adult heroes. "The ones who would actually be hurt have left or are leading. We can blame anything that happens on youthful high spirits, yes?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zhenshchina-voin

Thought the method might be suspect the beasts seemed calm enough so she continued to fuss the shadow dog until asked her question by Leroy. She turned but stayed on her knee’s, many being intimidated by her heigh, a gave a little chuckle at the question.

I do not recommend how I entered the World of Man, for I entered in a time of war. It helped that I spent time among the soldier in the field, those that believed in what they were fighting for. If I only knew what the leaders were really like when I met them the one time. They sent me to the border to protect the Night Witches, not real witches but all female pilots, there I found women who lived the life I’d had back home. Found love for the first time since I’d left home.”

She shrugged and smiled at the teen.

Give me a chance and I will tell you long tales of joy and woe! I did it by living the life I wished, maybe giving a little here and there but not often or many. Is that what you wish to hear? Or does it only raises more questions?”

Octoman

Meet me in the room next to the pool. Left side.

Ben texted back. Left side. Got it. Then he slid his phone back into his own thighmeat, where it was quickly absorbed. He made seemingly random hand gestures while talking, pointing alternately at himself and everyone around him. "Hey, so, nice ta meetcha, sweet pool, tasty grub, but I need to, uh...take care of something. Bee-arr-bee, or tee-tee-why-ell, depends on how it...yeah." He grabbed a pair of fresh towels on his way out of the room.

Once he had ducked into the other room, he glanced around and whispered while drying himself off. "Hey Mia, you here yet?"

"I can honestly say that I have no idea what Galstandard is." Pan's response came with an amused tone, but he shook his head lightly at what Eira said. To everyone else around them, the response was in a strange language. It was melodic, charming even. In a way, it sounded like spoken poetry, but the words made little sense, entirely alien to any human language. To Eira, Pan simply spoke Swedish. <"If you are suggesting what I think you are suggesting, something about a plan for a certain great prank, then maybe keep it secret? I am not saying we do nothing, of course, but maybe something else, yes?"> Much like his English, Pan's Swedish sounded just a tiny bit off. Nothing was shortened, there was a melody to his words, it didn't sound quite like a natural speaker, yet so close.

Eira looked at Pan, eyes unfocused and a little suspicious, but then seemed to brighten. "<Pan, give me some credit,>" she said, switching immediately to Swedish as she smiled. "<It would not be the same trick. I have some sodium polyacrylate in my bag in the changing room...>" She looked down, dangling her feet in the pool, and said, "<But it _would_ mean no one could use the pool until it was cleaned - so perhaps we should finish with it first.>" She slipped off the side into the water, giving Pan an ingenous smile. "<How long can you hold your breath?>" she asked him, hanging onto the side with one hand. 

Pan grin was split by him sticking his tongue out at Eira. <"Oh, I should give you credit now? We cannot all be one-trick ponies."> Of course he spoke with a wink and a smile, while he experimentally waved a foot through the water. <"Again, I have no idea what that is, but do you really think everyone here won't figure out it is you? Do you really want to be stuck cleaning things up? I mean, I am all for getting in trouble, so if we do it, then we run."> No more actually getting caught for the trouble that was caused.

As for the second question, he gave it some thought. <"You know what? Let us find out!"> With that, he stepped out from the edge of the pool, taking a deep breath as he let himself fall deep into the water.

Eira let herself go too, down to the depths of the pool where they were protected by the anonymity of eight feet of chlorinated water. So here they were again, just a boy and a girl floating down below, Eira standing there on the pool bottom like a statue with her hair flat behind her back, her hands folded behind her back as she studied Pan. Once the initial sheaf of bubbles came off her she really could stand there still as a statue, not breathing or twitching, watching Pan underwater. 

Up above, Tarva peered down at the underwater teens with a gay smile on her face, then turned to Kimber with her eyebrows raised and a "Who would have thought?" shrug of her broad shoulders. "I think I frightened that poor octopus boy away." 

"You do have that effect," Kimber agreed with the tongue-in-cheek amusement that came with knowing that if Tarva had been serious about doing anything more than lightly teasing the teenagers it would have looked far different. "Although I think it might have to do more with all of those kids pairing off like awkward super-powered rabbits," she added low enough not to be overheard by any of the aforementioned kids. Her expression turned a little more serious and she hesitated for a beat and unconsciously floated a littler closed to her partner before asking, "What's your read of Pan? So far as overly charming natives of magical storybook lands go?"

"Well, between hubby and wife over there, and oh, things I hear, the adults are all joining them in that...but yes, Pan is a familiar type, isn't he?" said Tarva with a thin smile as she settled down onto one of the chairs by the pool. She took out, as if from nowhere, a large black parasol and arranged it over herself as she spoke, shoving it through a circular holder in the side of the chair. "He's a dream come to life, Eira doesn't dream - a natural enough pairing once you get past the different species. A bit more clean-cut than I'd have expected Eira to bring home, but perhaps she has plans to change that." Her smile broadened as she relaxed in her personal shade. "It all may end in tears, but..." She reached over and took Kimber's hand. "Better to have the heart to break, hmm?

Horrorshow

Davyd noticed Tarva's entrance (wowza!), and her smooch with the azure apparition (aww), and Mia's sudden departure (should I?... nah, I'm sure she'll be fine), but he was much more interested in the shaddow doggos (shadoggos?).  He knelt down to ruffle one as Indira & Erick described their encounter with the Meta-Grue.  "Victim?," he looked up to her, still scritching the shadow dog behind the ears, "hrm, yeah, I can sorta see that, from what I've heard about... them."  He still didn't feel right thinking of himself as part of the Grue, but on a deeper level it felt wrong to not be considered part of them, too.  His gaze had gone back to the dog, but he looked up to both of them, "have you had any encounters with him since then?  Or with any other Grue?"

Pan watched as Eira sank to the bottom of the pool and just... stood there. His expression was slightly puzzled as he drifted by, a few bubbles escaping his mouth or nose every now and again. Even under water, he moving, golden dust falling into the water around him, his flight pushing him around in the water, rather than actually swimming.

Slowly, he moved closer to Eira, until he stopped right in front of her face, only inches apart, staring into her eyes... then made a face, stuck out his tongue and pushed away with a wide grin.

The stone-faced robot stared at Pan - and suddenly burst out laughing. She chased him underwater, the water blurring slightly as she zipped around in her personal magnetic field. She couldn't wrestle him through his pixie dust and she couldn't actually catch him up to him underwater, but his stamina was much less than hers. So she pursued him tirelessly, all around under the water, ready to grab him and fling him out of the water again if he seemed to be flagging. 

Even if he should try and hold his breath, Pan of course couldn't stand still under the water, at all. As Eira gave chase, Pan zipped back and forth under the water, staying just out of her reach the entire time, grinning at her the entire time. 

The pixie dust glittered in the water around him, a shimmer, a shine, while he held out a hand towards her, only just out of Eira's reach. Despite his grin, he was slowly beginning to struggle with staying under water. Not quite there yet, but getting there, the longer he stayed under.

Finally, he stopped moving and held a hand out towards Eira again, before opening his mouth completely, air bubbles exploding out from his mouth and rapidly rising.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:38 PM, Tiffany Korta said:

Give me a chance and I will tell you long tales of joy and woe! I did it by living the life I wished, maybe giving a little here and there but not often or many. Is that what you wish to hear? Or does it only raises more questions?”

Nodding seriously, the shorter boy took a pause to collect his thoughts, glancing over with a loving smile at the flitting flier and curt cyberbeast chasing each other around the room. Turning solemn as he returned to Klara, Leroy began at once,

"I am engaged to a young woman of this Earth, while I myself am from another. You see, mighty Zenshchina-voin, the world I know is similar to to yours in certain respects, at once more isolated and more connected than this one. Such as marriage ceremonies, apparently, um" he coughed into a fist, the white scars on his cheeks blushing pink, "one is expected to...nevermind! The problem I have, glorious one, is that contradictory and nested complications assail me at every turn, and to overcome them is the only path to bliss with the one I have pledged my life to!" Leroy's eyes shone like molten gold "You returned to your world with your love, I have heard. This way is closed to me. I beseech you, warrior, to forge thy tongue to a blade, and cut to the heart of this confoundity, this bedevilment without end!"

"If I cannot do this, I will prove unworthy, weak. It would be more tolerable to perish."

Eira and Pan erupted to the surface together, holding hands like diving partners, landing together by the side of the pool as if they'd practiced it for ages. Eira blinked a few times, staring at Pan - and said, "...Good job," before she turned and walked quickly away from the pool area. "I am going to go back and change!" she called out as she zipped through the crowd and headed straight for the room the girls had been using to slip into their suits. 

Pan was, as one would guess, short of breath, just looking at Eira, forcing a wide grin through his heavy breathing, and holding a hand up to a thumbs up gesture, before leaning back and breathing out with a loud laugh. 

He looked down at himself and his stage of dress, waved a hand, and his green, white and red uniform appeared, complete with his domino mask. Reaching up, he brushed his wet hair back from his face, then reached for his mask and pulled it off. He threw it away, where it quickly dissolved into golden dust.

Now, there had to be someone else here that he could get to know while he waited for Eira.

Edited by RocketLord

Zhenshchina-voin

Please call me Klara, no need for formalities we’re all friend here after all, and I think you need the help of a big sister rather than a warrior woman.”

The mention of her homeland, one denied to her due to a bigots that controlled the land where here people hid themselves from the world of man. But she wasn’t about to deny this young man her help, she wasn’t a sage but she had gained some wisdom in her years among humanity.

Love isn’t a battle to be won, it is a thing of beauty like a wok of art. Sometimes you may enjoy it briefly or savoured for the rest of your lives. It is important that any descisions as your futures are not something for you to decide for yourself, you partner must involved in such things as well. There is far to go but people here are more accepting of whatever lifestyle you choose to live, when I arrived many would not accept who I choose to love... And now thanks to bigots I cannot return to my home.” she forced herself to smile and think or happier things.

As to those physical things I am not the best person to ask in such manners, my college over there would be happy I’m sure to explain the basics for you.” she gestured towards Foreshadow.