Training Day (IC)

"Perhaps.  But, it may be her own business if she isn't aware that she's not organic so to speak."  Yves mused in response to the weighted statement.  Her eyes forward on the road ahead all the while.  "Her video history existed before the robotic animal appearances.  And to be frank, her appearance is more subtle than the animals.  I caution before rushing to the conclusion that her suspected involvement is greater than it is as we have yet to step foot on the communes."

Uttered quickly and at a lower register than the rest of her statements an hmmm sound escaped her lips.  "My suggestion is instead of inviting her out for a meeting.  Lure her to what is believed to be a new sighting.  Even if we have to re purpose a piece of the machinery from the hideout to see what her reaction would be to an incident in which we set all the variables."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eira snapped her fingers. "Danica could do that," she said, with rather more sincerity than the last time she had suggested Danica was capable of something. "She is very persuasive. I can engineer something tonight. We could do it at the communes," she suggested. "That way we can kill two birds with one stone. And after that," she added firmly, "we tell her we know her secret. We should not - use her because I was able to get an advantage over her. I think it is likely she is aware of her own nature. There are not so many synthetic intelligences that she came to this place by accident." She was silent for a moment, then added, about the time  they pulled up to the hotel."I will make a holographic copy of the crocodile. She has considerable interest in the crocodile," she added, "it features more than any other robotic creature in her recordings.

"I still think she made the crocodile and snuck it in as a ringer," Danica put in. "It's just too different from any of the other creatures. It doesn't _fit._ But yeah, seeing the crocodile would probably get her attention. I can call her and tell her we're hot on the trail, just let me know where and when. It's not even a lie," she reasoned with a wry grin, "so long as I  don't mention exactly what we're hot on the trail of. But if you're determined that we should tell her what we know, we may want a backup plan in case she gets all murderstabby about it." 

"It's quite possible that she is more involved than simply trying to ride this story to fame.  We are simply steering the conversation into an honest direction."  The AEGIS agent gave a noncommital shrug before taking a turn at the next intersection.  "If she truly did plant the crocodile as Danica suggests.  Then she may have a system to track it, and therefore would expect this to be a trap of sorts.  Of course even if she is aware of such, if she chooses to retort with violence."  Yves' eyes darkened as her posture stiffened. "I am quiet fluent in that conversation.  I assure you of that."

Yves left arm moved to the nape of her neck and squeezed gently before she stretched it out.  "Still.  I can't help but feel this is more coordinated than teenage clout chasing.  Or else there would have already been another legitimate crocodile sighting by now or else it is being contained somewhere when not ruining someone's golf handicap."