Knight of Earth

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am a student in the heroic mentored by Gaian Knight and I will be as great as Velocity!

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Knight of Earth

What is your full birth name?

My birth name is James Winters, my chosen and actual name is Ivy winters.

Where do you live?

I live with my father in my parents’ house.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I am 16, I was born in 2003

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female

How would you describe your heritage?

Caucasian? I heard there were some British involved at the start of the 1920s, but other than that, I have no idea.

How tall are you?

About… 6’3” last I measured?

What is your body type?

Well… My body was a dancer’s built, but nowadays my stone limbs are a bit broader than that. Most of it is still in shape though.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No. Well, outside of what happens when I go into an anti-magic zone.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I am surprisingly graceful for being close to 265 pounds that is mostly stone. I do walk with confidence, it is either that or shying away from everything.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I have a light tan, my eyes are grey and my hair is blonde.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I wear my hair loose, just letting it flow down my back. And of course I do not have facial hair.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

If I was a bit further along, maybe, but no. Others seem to like my slight androgyny, but I like a more feminine look.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I am kinda missing three of my limbs, that counts for scarring, right? Other than one birthmark on my remaining arm, I have nothing, really.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Not that I know.

Do you have a dominant hand?

My right one, the one that is still here.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

I tend to wear skirts over clothing that’ll conceal my limbs, I don’t need the pity that I get from others seeing them.

Do you wear makeup?

Yes, just enough to enhance my femininity.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Given that I was on puberty blockers before my voice cracked… It sounds pretty feminine.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I tend to put some hair in my mouth when nervous, it came from the time that my hair was at the length that it naturally happened, and I never really stopped. It doesn’t really annoy me.

History

Where do you come from?

I was born and raised in Freedom City.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Nope.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I mean, I like it here, but anywhere where they speak English, I could probably live. So no, I don’t consider myself patriotic. And how I feel about the government? Right now I can’t help but feel a bit intimidated because of the power it has.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

See above.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

It’s Freedom City, it’s in America. And though the odd invasion is &%$*ing scary, it is comforting to know that the Freedom League is nearby as well.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I… wasn’t seen as a minority? Most interactions they assumed I was just a white boy, so I wasn’t seen as one. Then when I found out I was transgender I also went to a different school, so I was just another girl there. I didn’t change with them though, and for all that it is said that kids can be hellish if you don’t fit in, I had an exemption in that most people just didn’t notice me.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I was really good at dancing, ballet to be more precise. This has made me far more graceful than most, but I mostly miss it nowadays. It is kinda hard to do it with stone limbs and a centre that is so far from what most people have.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Not really, most of the ‘exciting’ bits happened a few years ago.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

The car crash. It helped me get into contact with Velocity and with Gaian knight, but it cost me my mother. It is the reason I became a hero though.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Fill in this questionnaire? Other than that… Maybe not always being a girl can come back to haunt me?

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I went to a normal school in Freedom City until recently, I had the normal amount of schooling and I enjoyed it for the normal amount. (I did enjoy it, unlike what some of my classmates did.)

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I have a few things, a stuffed bear, some things that I thought were worth something at one point. Mostly sentimental things though.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

Because I want to help people like Velocity helped me. It was about one and a half years ago when I figured out I wasn’t crippled for life.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Nope.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Some people know me as male?

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Not really? Maybe a bit on the theatrical side for my superhero persona, but not really.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

People would ostracize me and not accept me for who I am. I would be willing to go to quite some length to avoid such a conversation, but only with lies and with non-physical things.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Nope.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Ronald Winters and Bonnie Winters née Onera

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Their standing was pretty good, my father was a well-respected mechanic working on the higher-end cars, while my mother was a nurse.

Where are your parents now?

My father is still doing what he always did, while my mother had better be in Heaven or some equivalent, otherwise I am going to have words with the one in charge of the afterlife.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We didn’t move for as far as I remember.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I used to get along great with my mother, while I didn’t really get along with my father. Then after she died we both closed off from the other, now we live in the same house but we don’t really talk.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

My father views me as his too whiny ‘son’, while my mother would view me as her great daughter for stepping up as a hero with my powers… I hope.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Nope.

What was your birth order in the family?

First, and last.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Nope.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Nope.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I loved my mother, I don’t hate my father, but I don’t love him either.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Nope.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

No? Maybe my father for not being as tolerant of LGBTQ+ as my grandmother, but other than that, no.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Nope.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Nope.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I would love to have a partner, though I am divided on children, that would depend on my partner, I suppose.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone who loves me for who I am, and who I get along great with.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

No, I do have some mentors, but no real close friends, maybe I will get some at Claremont.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Nope.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My father would be worried, for all that our relationship isn’t the greatest. Otherwise… Velocity and Gaian Knight and Tiamat.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Nope.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Nope. Well, dangerous driving.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Nope.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

That driver driving dangerously dastardly destroyed my innocence.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Myself, Velocity, Gaian Knight and Tiamat, people I’ll save.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Velocity, because she saved me first from the car and then from myself. Also, she’s cool.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Dangerous driving. It cost me my mother, and three limbs.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Care, care about other people and the world around them. I do believe I care about other people and the world around me, yes.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Recklessness. Specifically to the point of danger for others. I am a little reckless, it comes with the title of superhero, but I find my care makes me only reckless when only I am at risk.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Yes I have a secret identity, two in fact. Velocity knows all of them, Gaian Knight and Tiamat know of Ivy. I hide the fact that I was born male because I am not male, I hide my identity from others because I do not want to lose my father as well.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I know that I can take orders, but I will lead if I have to. I tend to prioritize the safety of others over completing a mission though.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

No, not yet, though I hope to one day join the Freedom League.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Nope.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Velocity, Gaian Knight, Tiamat.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No, and it doesn’t seem likely either.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes! Well… I hope so at least.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

If ever family were to be threatened to make me stop, then yes I would. Wouldn’t switch sides without alerting anyone though.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Do schooling! And heroing.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Get in a relationship with someone who loves me for me, have fun being awesome, have a rewarding job (pay is nice though), still be a hero.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

My greatest fear is reliving the accident that cost me my mother and my limbs, when something triggers this fear I try to either get them to stop driving like that or get out.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

… Depending on the day, maybe some extra sleep? … Seriously though, maybe for my heroes, but if they need it…

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I don’t really care about money or material wealth for as long as I have enough to support myself, I tend to save but I don’t mind spending it on friends. Material wealth is a means to an end.

How do you generally treat others?

How I want to be treated: like a person, I am kind unless someone gives me a reason not to be, I listen to people when they talk.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes? It hasn’t been abused.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I tend towards introverted behaviour, though I do have some self-confidence, it isn’t a lot.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Awkwardly.

What are your most annoying habits?

Reading too much?

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Drunk drivers, they are too reckless with not only their own lives but also of other people around them.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

My favourite food would have to be… pizza shawarma, it’s good. I prefer pizza, if that counts. I take the time to enjoy my food. (I’m a slow eater)

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Hot chocolate.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Ice cream.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Mushrooms. The texture is absolutely disgusting.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

My favourite colour would be red. I don’t dislike any colours.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I like everything that has lyrics I like, the genre doesn’t really matter, though I prefer opera.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Not really? As long as it doesn’t stink, it’s okay.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Foxes are awesome.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

A letter wherein my mother explains that she supports me as I am, and that she would stop pushing me to be more ‘manly’ and instead help me get started on the transition.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Creature comforts.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Putting down animals and doing surgery involving eyes. I have to gag just thinking about both.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?

I don’t really consider myself a spiritual person.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Not really.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Nope.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Really depends on the circumstances. Nope.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Because I believe all life has a worth, only if you prove yourself dead inside would I be willing to kill you.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Yes, and examined on a case by case basis.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I would try to save the one about to be killed. Yes.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

Depending on what it was, I would either try to get it back with or without powers.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Probably run from it.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Purposely: I would hunt down said person and bring them to justice. Happened to me? No.

Accidentally: I would do a lot see them brought to justice. Happened to me? Yes.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Planned murder of others. This shows a disregard for life that is just disturbing.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

1.  Kiss someone I have a crush on (if I’m in a relationship, that person).

2.  Alert my father of my real gender.

3.  Alert hero colleagues to my identity.

4.  Spend time with my friends.

5.  Organize a nice last party.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Yes, Gaian Knight and Tiamat helped me with the magic control.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Gaian Knight. I look up to him as a parental figure.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Geomancy, I found grimoires detailing how to use it in my mother’s hidden study, Velocity then directed me to Gaian Knight for further training.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

No, I’m still a teen. I plan to have a job outside of heroing to have something else to do, I would go bat&#!* trying to only do hero work.

What is your preferred combat style?

Barrier warrior, block line of sight, get them in a box, hit the box hard enough to rattle them. Or just hit them.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Nope.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I would like to be better at making artefacts like my limbs, to help others who have lost theirs.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I tend to be shy, but I try to learn.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

A normal day starts with me waking up at too early o’clock, followed by going to school. After that follows magic practice and then sleep. Meals interspersed of course.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I like dancing and woodcarving. Dancing is something I have been doing for a long time, while woodcarving was a therapy thing to increase dexterity in my remaining hand.

What do you do for fun?

Dance, read and make sculptures.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Yes, it looks like a large suit of armour made out of rocks. That is in fact, what it is.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I wear relatively loose clothing, with skirts over my pants.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Night clothes.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Yes, I have a necklace that mom left for me in her will, it is a nice obsidian hanger on a fine black chain.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Yes, in my mother’s hidden study.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

My preferred means of local travel is going by bike or walking, longer distance it would be by bus, longest distance (intercontinental) it would be by plane or teleporter (if I can ever get someone to teleport me for fun).

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

Yes, I have tried to make arrangements for my death. If I die, it first goes to someone I am in a relationship with (if that ever happens), then some part goes to my father/children if I ever have them, a lot goes to heroes (especially Velocity and Gaian Knight), and a lot goes to LGBTQ+ support organizations.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

My limbs?

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Probably my limbs, I would like to market them to the general public.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, because I try to be careful regarding collateral damage.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My will to help people.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Antimagic.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Come out, it might be scary, but it relieves so much stress. Also, have a backup plan ready for if your father does not accept you, but come out. Speaking as a fellow transgender, it really is relieving.