Shofet

All Aboard the Nightmare Ship! (OOC)

Since Dr. Ea'Po is Lor, and Dok's ship is based on a Pegasus spaceplane -- like the kind Daedalus used when going around space -- there's a chance she could recognize it as being Terran.

Before leaving his ship, Dok's going to use his ship's sensors

Super-Senses 43 (Accurate, Analytical, and Extended 3 [10,000 ft. {1.89 miles} increment] on all Radio senses [12], Analytical, Extended 3 and Radius for all Visual senses [10]; communication link [with Doktor Archeville; radio] [1]; danger sense [radio] [1], detect geological data [radio] [2], detect life forms [radio] [3], detect weather [radio] [2], distance sense [1], infravision [1], low-light vision [1], radio (with accurate, this is also radar) [1], time sense [1], trace teleport [radio] [1], ultravision [1], uncanny dodge [radio] [1], x-ray vision [4])

to run a quick scan on the hangar and on Starlok and Dirge.  Using his Mental Quickness 4 (x25), he can Take 20 in [1 minute = 60 seconds / 25 = ] 2.4 seconds, or 1 [standard] action, getting 23.  That should get him some good info.

Since the scans are radio-based, Dirge's Electromagnetic Awareness will pick them up, so he'll know they're being scanned.

Dok's got his Nanotech-Enhanced Brain set to "Enhanced Presence," so his Charisma is 24/+7 right now.

Since the scans are radio-based, Dirge's Electromagnetic Awareness will pick them up, so he'll know they're being scanned.

Dirge's Awareness is a radio-type sense, but radio waves aren't what it detects. Unless the scan specifically uses magnetism or electricity, which it doesn't sound like it does, he won't have any idea.

I'd imagine that some of the scans are MRI-like, so using radio waves and magnetic fields.  The whole of the electromagnetic spectrum, really.

I'd like to remind the thread GM that Dok has the following

Comprehend 3 (languages 3 [read all, speak any one at a time, understand all]; Drawback: Power Loss [requires time -- GM’s discretion -- to process and assimilate entirely new languages]) [5PP]

So I'll leave it to you as to how long it takes for Dok to learn GalStandard from Dirge & Starlok's bantering.

I don't want to hand it over just yet, but I did notice that on your sheet. I figure he's probably starting to parse grammatical structures and what type of ordering it is (subject--verb-object, for example).

He does have Eidetic Memory and a decent INT bonus (even without using nanites to cheat enhance his brain), so he could well remember what was said when he didn't understand it, and apply his translation to it later!

So, @Dr Archeville, these machines (AEDDs) are capable of interfacing with you through your Datalink, and the Dok senses that he could get their data without taking anything away from Dr. Ea'Po. At least for 100 feet. He also hears them already chattering between themselves and Ea'Po's datapad. 

Connected to device ID 4T72AA. Port 1921 active. Sophont created structure. Low light levels. Ambient temperature 289.2 Kelvin. 4 lifeforms within sensor range. All conform to list 4. High electro-magnetic activity detected.  All systems optimal. Behaviour pattern: Cautious. Standby mode active. 

Dok's Comprehend (Electronics) can -- at the GM's discretion -- let him make a Computers check in place of Diplomacy checks when dealing with machines (and Disable Device in place of Bluff).

Currently his Computers & Disable Device are at +20, and he's got Skill Mastery for both, for a result of 30.

Checking the Interaction and Attitude charts under the Diplomacy skill, 30 is enough to turn an Indifferent being Helpful.  (Or an Unfriendly one into a Friendly one, or a Hostile one to an Indifferent one.)

That may be useful to know when he's dealing with the AEDDs, or any other machines in the Atchpa structure.