Vibora City Morgue,

13th February 2020,

Probably to Early for most

Latresia Barnes was not having a good day, already having spent far to long trying to sort out something for tomorrow and it might all be for naught either. She wasn’t meant to be in today but the police had insisted she came in and did this one, a body found abandoned in the Oldcorne district with the old money of there insisting it been handled quickly and quietly.

Female around 20 years old, appears human. Corpse is overly pale and appears emaciated. she intoned into the recorder as she began to prep for the autopsy, it was always sad when they died this young

No outwards signs of wound on the body, will now open up the body. What the f…?”

Opening the corpse the smell of decay filled the room, no something unexpected but not as someone who had apparently died so recently. The source of the smell was more obvious from the internal organs, that appeared withered and mummified and not the type of organs you’d find in someone so freshly dead. It was something that beyond her knowledge, however skilled she was, it was something for those with a very different skill set.

We better get the Police Chief down here, and see if those new superheroes of ours are free to come on down.”

Persephone

Camellia's second phone, the one she kept solely for official City Defender business, blared to life, waking her from a deep sleep a couple of hours before her alarm clock was set to go off. Thursday morning was one of the worst times for something like this to happen. She had a full load of talk-therapy sessions on Thursdays. It was the most popular day of the week for that. Patients liked to lighten the emotional load right before the weekend. None of them would be happy if she had to cancel on them at the last minute. (They'd be even less happy if she charged any of them the actual going rate for her services, but that wasn't something she wanted to hold over anyone's head.)

The wheels started turning in her head as she listened to the dispatcher's description of events. I suppose this COULD be super-science gone wrong, some sort of distortion of local temporal physics...but no, this has "supernatural" written all over it. Which means it's time to call in an expert.

"Alright, this could be an extra-normal hazard, so let's not take any chances. Lock down the morgue and evacuate the medical examiners immediately, and get a S.W.A.T. team down there. Everybody just sit tight, nobody go back inside until I get there. I'll haul tail over, and I'll be bringing a civilian consultant with me."

On her other phone, her personal phone, she dialed up the number she'd first gotten from a business card on Croczilla Night. "Hey there, Betsy, it's Persephone. Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. We should make time to grab a cup of tea soon when we're not fighting monsters. Did you get that wine and cheese basket I sent to your office around Christmas time? Listen Sweetie, I'm so sorry about the early call, but there's a ruckus down at the morgue and I hear tell it's right inside your wheelhouse. Somebody's dead, but not the right kind of dead. Can I swing by and pick you up?"

Chris hadn't slept.  Every time he tried the nightmares came, so much blood.  Not that he could make sense of them but the Voice insisted they meant something if he could only see it.  Not that it was being helpful in explaining any of it, just screeds of being filled with glorious purpose.  He left home before the sky had even begun to color with pre-dawn light, not wanting to worry his mother with his restless pacing.

He found himself in the alley behind central processing with the Voice growing louder, his pacing and muttering to himself not doing any favors int he eyes of anyone manning the security cameras.  He finally gave in and pulled out his phone as he leaned against the wall next to the door and the Voice quieted finally.  "Carlos?  Yea it's Chris, I need a favor..."

Within five minutes a junior custodian popped the employee entrance and let Chris in.  They got down to the basement just in time for the Lockdown to sound, "Fuck!  Hide in here."  Carlos insisted quickly unlocking a custodial closet before they got picked up in sweep.  

"You're literally asking me to hide in a closet Carlos?"  Chris smirked cockily and stepped in as the young janitor glared, "Just keep quiet and I don't know you if they catch you."  the door closed and Chris quickly got changed and emerged into the empty hallway as Sagrado Corazon.  He could hear the sounds of the Morgue being cleared and SWAT moving in and began to make his way in that direction.

The Immutable Betsy Brooks

A bleary eyed Betsy took a few second to focus on her cell, playing Poison Ivy back at her, brain still trying to shake last nights hangover. You should never try to drink two lycanthropes under the table it seemed, still half the fun was in the trying. Stumbling around she managed to put the call on speaker and listened to Persephone explaining the situation.

She should be focusing on the details but all she could think about was how good that cheese had been, it was so difficult to get good cheese in this gods forsaken country. Still at least some of the information got through as summed up the situation up succinctly.

Bollocks! Grab me some strong black coffee on the way would you sweetie, give me a reason to get semi decent.”

Luckily she kept spare clothes for such emergencies, though how did she got back to office she wasn’t sure, throwing on a Bauhaus t-shirt and some lived in jeans before throwing on her long coat. Boots would require laces and hand eye coordination so for now she slipped on some comfortable trainers. She still felt rough but she was at least ready for whatever was going to happen.

Persephone

Camellia wasn't "in costume" yet when she knocked on the door to Betsy's office. She hadn't had to ask where to pick Betsy up. Not that they'd socialized much yet, but not only had she never been to Betsy's apartment, she wasn't sure if Betsy even had one, or if she just slept (or passed out) in her office every night. When Betsy opened the door, she was greeted first by an outstretched hand holding a cardboard Café Chupacabra to-go cup, and then, behind it, a smiling blonde woman with tired eyes, but nowhere near as tired as Betsy's own. "Drip coffee with three espresso shots. If it doesn't kill you, then it should bring you back to life. They call it a 'Dead-Eye', but I'm thinking of lobbying them to rename it 'The Betsy'." Next she held up a small paper bag with the tip of a croissant poking out the top. "But whatever you call it, it's not a good idea to drink one on an empty stomach." Once relieved of Betsy's drink, Camellia took another sip of her own, a flavored latte that would have been much more gentle than Betsy's fare if it weren't for the shot of custom chemical fertilizer Camellia had added after the fact. It made the drink lethally toxic for anyone else, but for Camellia, it was the only way she'd found to replicate the effects caffeine had on her before her transformation into a plant hybrid; it was simply what made coffee COFFEE again.

She led Betsy out to her car, a BMW Series 7 luxury sedan. "It was a gift," Camellia had said back when Betsy first saw it, as she said often, self-consciously, but truthfully, in response to questions no one had asked and accusations no one had made, anytime a manifestation of her pampered upbringing leaked through the down-to-Earth self-sufficient adult life she still had a long way to go in crafting for herself. She gave Betsy all the details she had on the way to the City Morgue. "I probably over-reacted, I know, but I reckon better safe than sorry."

She parked a few blocks away from the morgue. "Not much competition on the street at this time a day. Still, being all 'official' does come with perks." She reached across Betsy's lap to pull an emergency vehicle parking permit from the glove compartment, which she hung from the rear-view mirror. "With this out, you can park literally ANYWHERE inside city limits without being towed or cited. I try not to abuse the privilege, but it sure does take the edge off of city driving. Anyway, time to get into character." She glanced around to make sure she wasn't being watched, and, satisfied, began her transformation from Camellia to Persephone. Under her clothes, lavender-hued leaves, vines, and patches of moss sprouted up from her skin in strategic places to form a costume, while chlorophyll flooded her skin, turning it a bright, rich green. New pigments leaked into her eyes and hair, changing them from blue and gold to violet and indigo. Her hair, already falling down past her waist, extended another several feet until it brushed the backs of her ankles. A single tug removed her dress completely; she'd long ago replaced all the clasps with magnets to facilitate the quick removal. She tossed it over her shoulder into the back seat. The leaves and vines growing out of her legs and feet wrapped around her shoes as well, the only item of clothing she now wore which she hadn't grown from her own flesh. She pulled down the sun visor and studied her reflection for a few moments. More pigments were released into her skin on her face, staining her lips and eyelids with various shades of purple, and her trademark sunflower sprouted up from under the hair on the side of her head into full bloom. She wore no mask, but to anyone not intimately familiar with both women, Persephone was now nearly unrecognizable as Camellia. The transformation complete, she quickly exited the vehicle and made her way to the medical examiner's building.

Sagrado Corazon made his way slowly and carefully through the hallways beneath the station on his way to the morgue that seemed to be the center of all the excitement.  The dull red of the emergency lighting was cut by the soft gold of his own luminescence, he hoped sufficient not to spook any cops down here already on edge from whatever was behind the lockdown.

As destiny or happenstance demanded he arrived at the scene almost exactly the same time as Betsy and Persephone.  He nearly took his leave seeing the more experienced and confident heroes on the scene already but steeled himself and joined the group outside the morgue, "Do we know what we're dealing with?"  he enquired offering no further explanation for his presence that might make him sound more insane than helpful.

Out of respect for this fine bit of Bavarian engineering, and her friend? Colleague? Betsy left the croissant in the bag and just sipped at the coffee as she listened to what Persephone had learned. The coffee along with the darkened interior was helping her to regain most of her composure and once they’d arrived all she had to do was put on her sunglasses and she was in costume and ready to go.

Munching on the croissant Betsy ignored the crowd of worried professionals and went straight for the corpse, handing the coffee cup to the examiner as she lifed the sheet on the corpse. She examined the corpse in general before lifting the gums to look at the extended eye teeth.

“Yeah, this poor sod looks like a vampire, I think they’re dead but just in case…”

With a swift movement she took out a stake and rammed it with some force into the withered heart, causing a few of the onlookers to wince. Nonplussed she took back her coffee and took a few more sips.

“I think she might be a failed rising of some kind, though those organs suggest something older… Oh hey Sagrado here to join the fun?” she looked at Persephone and smiled before adding

“I think we should investigate further, if that’s all right with our City Defender?”

Persephone

The young saint arrived just in time to here the green woman mutter "When I asked them to evacuate and lock it down, I honestly didn't expect them to DO it. I guess we have more pull around here than I'd realized...¡Guapito! Well aren't YOU a sight for sore eyes!" She smiled and gave him an enthusiastic hug. "<¡¿How have you been?! ¡You look great! What are you doing here? How did you get inside? Well, I'm glad you're here.>" Her Spanish had improved noticeably since their last encounter.

"Do we know what we're dealing with?"

"Not yet, no. That's why I dragged Betsy out of bed at this ungodly hour. You know me, I'm a lady of science. When it comes to things that go bump in the night, I'm about as useful as a trap door in a canoe. But if anyone in this city can tell us why a dead person isn't the right kind of dead, she can. And maybe that same blessing that let you cut the puppet-strings for all those zombies on 'Croczilla Night' will come in handy against whatever did this."

Persephone choked and coughed when Betsy pulled the sheet off the corpse and the stench of decay flooded back into the room. "Oh Good LORD." She grimaced as her eyes ran up and down the body. "That was one of the best parts of my residency: No pathology rotation. I never had to do an autopsy. We had to do our time in the E.R. like everybody else, sure, but there isn't really much difference between someone who JUST died and someone who hasn't. And sure, we trained on cadavers, but thirty hours of draining and embalming creates something WORLDS apart from...THIS." Her expression morphed from nausea to melancholy when her eyes ran up to the woman's face. "That poor girl...so much life left to live...her momma and her daddy must both be fit to be tied..." She crossed herself.

“Yeah, this poor sod looks like a vampire..."

"So is that what they ALL look like? On the inside?" It suddenly occurred to her that Betsy's examination of the corpse was less formal than expected. "Wait, shouldn't we be wearing gloves, and mas-" She had a latex glove pulled halfway onto her hand when...

With a swift movement, Betsy took out a stake and rammed it with some force into the withered heart, causing a few of the onlookers to wince. Nonplussed she took back her coffee and took a few more sips.

"...I guess not," she muttered as she crumpled the glove up in her fist and tossed it in the trash.

“I think she might be a failed rising of some kind, though those organs suggest something older..."

"'Failed rising?' So when one of...THEM tries to...make another one...it doesn't always work? Is that why, after you staked her, she didn't crumble into dust, or, I don't know, explode or something? Do we need to...cut off her head? Or burn the body? Anything like that? Is the medical examiner who inhaled this going to be alright? Do they need to be quarantined?"

“I think we should investigate further, if that’s all right with our City Defender?”

Persephone let out a half-laugh, half-sigh as she rested her hands on her hips and cocked her head to the side, directing both a grin and a raised eyebrow at Betsy. "You know darn well you don't need my permission for anything. I'm not about to let this whole 'City Defender' thing go to my head. It just makes things easier for ALL of us when at least SOME of us appear to be working WITH the proper authorities instead of going behind their backs or over their heads. There's no sense in leaving doors closed that could be open. So yes, Sugar Plum, I'm asking you, pretty-please with whipped cream and a cherry on top, help me figure out how to keep our city from going to Hell in a blood-sucking handbasket."

Edited by Grumblefloof

Sagrado recoiled at the sudden burst of stench as the corpse was revealed and stifled a gag when Betsy drove the stake through it's heart.  "What fun there is I suppose."  he replied weakly and focused on Persephone so as to not lose his lunch, or breakfast, on yet another outing with his fellow heroes.  

"<Friends in low places.>"  He answered quietly, "<Couldn't sleep.  Ended up here just in time for the excitement.>"  the young saint explained as he returned the hug and collecting himself once more returned his attention to the matter at hand.  "So vampires, they're a thing..."  He sighed heavily, "I mean they would have to be I guess."  

He approached the body and looked over the remains glancing to Betsy, "I, suspect, there are more."  he offered cagily, "Or will be."  time was different for the Voice and it lacked clarity at the best of times.  "Did the examiner find anything to suggest where she came from before..."  he gestured at the rotten mess in her chest cavity.

• 2 weeks later...

“Always hard to be sure what will happen with vampires what there being so many different types running around these days. But turning is about force of will and some just don’t have what it takes to come back, or sometimes they have the will not to be reborn. I hope she wasn’t stuck in this state for any time.” with an after thought she also added in Spanish

<”Also so we don’t have any embarrassment later I speak decent Spanish, as you can obviously tell, and Romanian it a weird story of a great drinking partner.”>

With a clap of her hands she focused herself back on the task at hand, taking back her coffee to have a few more sips.

You were just about to tell us, sorry these City Defenders here, about where the body was found.”

GM Post

The Medical Examiner wasn’t apparently phased by Betsy energetic display, apart maybe for a slight wince when she stakes the corpse. Pulling herself up to her full height she was all business, as she deliberately directed her attention to Persephone and Sagrado.

The corpse would found in the early hours out in Oldcorne, unsurprisingly it was quickly moved to here.” there was a note of an edge in her voice at that, as anyone who lived in Vibora City knew Oldcorne was where the influential old money tended to live.

“As soon as the weirdness showed itself we called you in, time of death is obviously difficult but I’d estimate it can’t be more than ten hours.”

Persephone

"<Couldn't sleep.  Ended up here just in time for the excitement.>"

"Sorry, Dear, I can't imagine this will help any with that."

<”Also so we don’t have any embarrassment later I speak decent Spanish, as you can obviously tell, and Romanian it a weird story of a great drinking partner.”>

"<¿You do? ¡That's great! I did French in school, but I realized I needed to pick up Spanish when I found out a third of my patients speak it as their native language.>"

The corpse would found in the early hours out in Oldcorne, unsurprisingly it was quickly moved to here.”

"Oldcorne. Not far from my old stompin' grounds. No wonder they'd haul tail outta there lickity-split. Easton's unofficial motto may be 'Not In My Backyard', but Oldcorne's is 'Not In My Backyard, Or My Front Yard, Or Anywhere On My Block'. And Valentine's Day weekend? I'd bet a week's salary someone's gettin' married at Sterling Manor tomorrow, and they probably don't want any crime scene tape in the weddin' album. But now I'm startin' to wonder just how old some of the 'old money' is out in that neck of the woods."

"I. I think I couldn't sleep because of this."  he admitted reluctantly willing with all his being that the comment let slip wasn't seized too firmly to and breathed a sigh of relief as the conversation moved on to the topic at hand.

Chris blinked briefly at Betsy and laughed, "What is it with people always assuming the Spanish is to keep secrets and not just because it's the better language eh?"  He teased lightly and listened to the examiners explanation.

"I knew Oldecorn had it's fair share of old bloodsuckers but didn't expect that to be literal."  he quipped studiously avoiding looking directly at the corpse, his humor a bald attempt not to think too hard that at one point that had been a living breathing human.  He glanced to Persephone and then Betsy, "Do you have their effects?"  he asked the medical examiner, "If we can narrow the search before we start knocking on doors in that neighborhood it'll probably help."  he offered with a small shrug.  And there was a chance something there might offer some clarity in the visions that had been swirling in his mind.

GM Post

The Medical examiner nod at a relatively straight forward question in this day of so far.

Of cause there wasn’t much but we boxed them ready to send to evidence. Mia if you would please?”

The assistant hurried off, quick to get out of the madhouse that this place had become. And after a few minute she returned with the evidence box which she handed to Corazon with a smile. Inside was only a fresh garland of flowers and the kind of simple dress you’d see in a Jane Austin dramatization.

Persephone

Persephone touched the morgue assistant on the arm when she returned with the dead girl's effects. "Ah, thank you, Sweetie." She slid alongside Sagrado Corazon and peeked over the rim of the evidence box. "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, will you look at that. Excuse me, Pumpkin." She reached in past the young saint and picked up the garland. "Looks like I might be more than a bump on a log on this case after all. Sorry, I know I should wear gloves when handling evidence like this, but what I'm about to try requires more...intimacy." She turned away, lifted the garland to her face, closed her eyes, sniffed at it, gently thumbed one of the flowers, and whispered. "Hey there, Little Ones. You got any stories to tell? Can I see what you've seen?" She reached out with her mind to connect with the flowers, opening herself up to their memories, their experiences. Plants would often soak up the psychic resonance around them. For someone like Persephone, someone with the ability to tap into that stored resonance, every plant was potentially a surveillance camera attached to a very large hard drive. The green woman braced herself for what could, given the condition of the garland's former owner, be gruesome and traumatic images.

Whilst Betsy was from outside the city she’d spent a good deal of time getting to know the bay pretty well, but even then she knew places like Oldcorne the least. The rich tended to keep there problems to themselves, and they generally harbored a different kinds of monsters from what she was use to dealing with.

That’s the spot where all the rich old wankers live right? I mean technically that would include me I guess, but I never get any invited to there tea parties.”

She’d like to think she was a half decent detective, good enough to get paid at least, but she also knew that her two companions had skill that she could do well beyond her own abilities.

So can you guys give us anything to start with?”

Persephone

The green woman looked up suddenly, broken out of a trance. She drifted back to the group and gently placed the garland back into the box. "You said she only died about ten hours ago? These flowers were picked inside the last twenty-four or nearabout. They were grown in a greenhouse, a nice one, with a view. Then they more or less went straight to the marble orchard. Maybe she was visiting someone there when they took her. I didn't recognize either place, but I think I would if I saw them again. I'm fixin' to get back into my car and drive up to Oldcorne, mosey around for a spell. Y'all are welcome to come along if you like. I wouldn't mind the back-up, or the company."

Examining the stitching and design of the dress with a critical eye Sagrado Corazon frowned and shook his head, "This is the real deal, or a good enough copy it might as well be."  the young latino explained with some confusion, "Which even if she was, not recent."  he posited carefully, "Wouldn't mean she was still wearing what she wore when alive right?"

The saint tilted his head as if there was a distracting noise with a slightly pained look on his face pinching his brow before shaking off whatever had distracted his thoughts, "Not from around here, overseas."  he put forth without explanation, "And only recently out of the ground."  he frowned at the dress and placed it with care back in the evidence box eager to not be touching it.  "So if she was, a,"  he paused in disbelief at how weird his life had gotten, "Vampire.  How long would she have been buried?"

"Oldecorne?"  Chris winced slightly started slightly as if from a loud noise, "Yea Yea I'll come, always wanted to be mistaken for a gardener."

F*** yeah I’m coming along, first it’s vampires we’re investigating and second it’s a chance to piss off the rich toffs that remind we of home.”

She looked at the Medical Examiner and walked over to point at tha staked corpse before adding helpfully.

So if I’ve calculated this right then the stasis should drop and the corpse turn to dust, it well probably be sudden and violent so be careful. Put the remains in a nice urn and send it to may office, I’ll make sure she has somewhere nice to rest.” she handed her a business card before turning to the other heroes.

Okay then lets rock!”

Persephone

The green woman led the other heroes back to her BMW as discreetly as she could, glancing around to make sure there weren't any observers before dashing over to it and sliding inside as quickly as she could. As she had with Betsy before, she tossed a quick "It was a gift" toward Sagrado Corazon once they were inside. "At least it'll fit in where we're headed." Then she pulled into the nearest alley and went through the reverse of the process Betsy had observed upon their arrival. She stepped out of the car, reached into the back seat to grab her dress and undergarments, slipped them on, clicked the magnetic clasps into place, and then transformed from Persephone back into Camellia. The green skin faded to pink while the purple hair and eyes faded to platinum-blonde and ice-blue. The leaves and moss under her clothes fell away from her skin like they'd been shed by a tree in the fall, and they crumbled into dust before they hit the ground. The lower two feet of her hair did likewise, breaking free by itself and dissolving in the wind, so that what remained hung down to her buttocks instead of her ankles. She brushed stray dust off of her skin in a few places, shook the bottom of her dress to clear out a few more, then climbed back inside. "I reckon it's best if we don't attract too much attention at first." She glanced at Sagrado Corazon in her rear-view mirror as she pulled out of the alley and started driving toward Oldcorne. "Betsy and I already grabbed coffee on the way over here, but I'd be happy to stop somewhere if you'd like some. Don't drink out of my cup, whatever you do, or our next stop's the emergency room. Have you eaten anything today, Sweetie?"

Following a step behind Betsy and Persephone Sagrado Corazon ducked into the custodial closet he'd stashed his civies in as they passed tucking his belongings under one arm as unobtrusively as possible and not for the first time thought he needed to manage a better way to manage this whole costume change schtick.  He hummed appreciatively at the BMW as he slid in the back seat, "Girl, right on."  he nodded approvingly.  He quickly slipped into his skinny jeans and loose hoodie as she pulled away from the curb, "Your Daddy got a brother?"  he asked only half joking.  

At the offer of coffee or food his stomach betrayed him letting out a rumble as he tried to demure, "Nah I'm not even...", <grrrbbbl> "uh, if you're driving through anyway, caramel soy macchiato, double shot."  he requested as he fished his 'emergency' coffee card out of his wallet.  He slanted his eyes to regard Betsy where she sat and raised a brow, "So vampires huh, normal turf or..."  He was trying to get a read on exactly what her deal with the things that go bump in the night was, it did not seem one hundred percent antagonistic.

• 2 weeks later...

GM Post

Even though Vibora was generally flat Oldcorne still seemed to be above the rest of the city, as if it was trying to keep it out of the swamp. It was probably why it they had a cemetery up here rather than squirreling it away from the city. Even the houses looked like they’d be more fitting on the East Coast or even away in Europe. This was a part of the city that somehow felt older than everything around it, maybe it was just as undead as the woman they’d not long left behind.

Still despite that someone needed to cut the root out of this part of the city, so it might as well be them.

If it wasn’t booze it was coffee that kept Betsy going, ciggies were always a no go in someone else's car, so she’d insisted on a refill among with there second breakfast order. Fuelled by caffeine and able to thing of things other than a hangover she began to explain her theory.

So about the time our friend went into the box there was these girls that turned up in New Orleans from France. They were called Casquette Girls and the story is they were vampires sent to set up a court over here. Tried to visit the convent where they’re meant to be held but the good sisters wouldn’t let me in, either there’s to much vampire in me or they heard what I did when I was sent to convent school.” she took a big gulp of her coffee before adding

So my theory is that they were sent to Vibora as well, just not as obviously, though I’ll be buggered if I know who sent them here.”

Persephone

Camellia did indeed hit the nearest coffee shop drive-thru on her way to Oldcorne, where she ordered more coffee for herself and Betsy, and Chris's requested drink, along with a breakfast sandwich and a muffin to sate the young man's poorly-concealed hunger. She pretended not to notice when he offered his card at first, and then she shrugged. "Oh shoot, sorry Sugar Plum, I already paid with my phone. Oh well!"

She drove slowly through the streets of Oldcorne, looking around for any buildings that matched her vision from the flowers while listening to Betsy's tale. "Some night soon we're going to open a bottle of wine and you're going to tell me that Catholic school story. So if the New Orleans vampires were hiding in a convent, does that mean that this batch was, too? Should we focus our search on churches? Oldcorne's certainly got more than her fair share."

"Oh thanks."  Chris murmured slightly embarrassed both perceptive enough to note the kind duplicity and hungry enough not to look a gift horse in the mouth.  He leaned back to enjoy his coffee and devour the other goods delivered to the back seat while the ladies spoke.  "Convents aren't churches technically."  He corrected almost before catching himself, "And usually are more remote, I don't think there were any this close to the city especially back then.  The whole structure is about withdrawing from the sins of the world."  he finished with a shrug and picked at the crumbs in his muffin wrapper.  "I'm pretty sure she wasn't in hallowed ground before all this."  he added obliquely, though not really wanting to go into detail about why he felt that unlikely.

He stared out the window snickering slightly, "Doesn't take much the Sisters aren't much on free thought and individualism."  he suggested at Camellia's probing of Betsys history.  "We should probably start where the body was found, she would have been on foot unless she was dropped by someone else."  Because dressed like that she hadn't taken the long road but slept it off until her demise.