Recruitment

Ember very nervously gets into the confined space, He finds himself a good spot were he crouches down, making sure his back was against the wall, and he was a good position to escape at a moments notice. Ember hated being in confined spacers, especially with a mob of villains, and a demon.

Ember sat quietly as he listened to Razor his eyes going wide with the amount of cash to be had. Although Ember had doubts he didn’t know the capabilities of the other villains here, but he knew his own. His own powers weren’t to good in confined spacers. And his Forfire blast couldn’t roast a cockroach.

Despite his doubts Ember stayed this was an opportunity, and he could use the cash. And if worst came to worst he could always try and hide as a civilian by turning back into Sirius.

Embers eyes lit up when Bel demonstrated his power, While the Fox found the beast intimidating and scary as hell (though perhaps that was the point?) Ember couldn’t help but think there was something familiar with him, other then the fact they had met on the abandoned oilrig.

Pushing his mind back on topic Ember waits patiently, he was curios why he had been summoned, especially compared to some of the others here tonight.

Malice saunters into the cramped quarters, taking a seat on one of the sides of the table, the chair showing no obvious sign of breaking under his weight. He looks rather uninterested in the affairs until Daedalus' name is mentioned. Daedalus huh? I always wanted to match wits with him, and 75 mil ain't too shabby either, and the gold to boot. Malice leans over in his chair and examines the plans intently. His fingers trace some of the walls and he mutters something to himself. "I've always wanted to tangle with one of Daedalus' designs. It probably won't be pretty but I could probably get that safe open, not to mention provide some much needed firepower for this mission. Assuming we're all still in, what's your plan of attack?"

Razor seems amazed by the power to summon money at will, but when the question is asked of him he shakes himself and answers.

"I do not know why you were called here. My job is merely to greet you, present the job, see if there are any takers, and get a better description of your unique skills."

"We don’t know what’s kept in the safety deposit boxes within the fed because we don’t care. If you wanted to you could try to find out yourself…"

Suddenly Steinman speaks up speaking quickly and twitchily.

“over a hundred artifacts from various world organizations, including a collection of Hishikawa Moronobu wood block prints, something called the draconian staff, held by the feds from some cult, and the Mogkok ruby, being held until “marital affairs are settledâ€Â, not to mention the Numismatic Society’s collection of rare coins. There are more, anything the world, that someone wants kept safe."

Razor looks at him over his shoulder with thin eyes, seeming to suggest anonymity, then turns back to the assembled crowd.

“Before we discuss the details of the job, I want to make sure we are all still interested." Razor says looking at Belphegor, Exile, Ember, and Ronin

Ember is timid at first about the proposition, but the chance that there could be powerful magical artifacts… there had to be at least something that could help Ember release his power… Ember nods to Razor “I’m in.†he says quietly

I only know what half that stuff is... but what I do know, I want! Gotta play it cool, though, don't make my true intentions too obvious.

The demon shifted his stance a bit and stroked his chin with one hand for a few moments.

"I'm in, too," he finally said. "While I don't need the money, the chance to deprive certain others of theirs appeals to me."

Exile's mouth got ever so slightly moister as he heard what was known to be possibly to acquire in the course of this mission. Both money and gold were good on their own, the latter more than the former since it could be used to bargain with some entities for magical lore and the like, but the more specific items were better than both. The possibly information on the others involved was worth a lot on its own as well.

"I do believe this could be a beneficial enterprise to be a part of; I will partake. The elderly one said a few moments after Belphegor announced his participation.

• 3 weeks later...

Tired of the relative silence, Malice looks up from the map, leans back in his chair and observes the group saying "Yeah, yeah yeah. We've all got our reasons for being here. If any of the particulars would have scared us off, there wouldn't really be much reason to responding to a rather vague letter. So let's get down to it. First things first, and though I hate to use the phrase, it suits the situation, so without further delay we must ask what each of us brings to the table."

"I realize that knowledge is power, and many of us would not like to reveal too much about ourselves, but the situation dictates that we at least disclose at least a minimum of useful, if not somewhat bland information. My own abilities are quite easy to decipher, but other are not. But to make sure none think I'm doing this for soley my own benefit, I'll go first. My abilities have a definitive technological bent. I am well versed in most things electronic. My suit greatly enhanced my strength and durability along with an array of different armaments."

Ironhide nods slowly, aggeeing with "Malice's" thought "My powers are..how to put this best?..Hmm..Alien, in nature..a few years ago I was abducted and subjected to a variety of experiments that gave me the ability of flight, and the ability to increase my density-giving me greatly enhanced strength and durability." He looks at the others around him, guessing besides himself, the tech head, and maybe the groups employer group, that the others were all magic users of some kind-one he knows for sure, the other two simply look the type.

Ember listen's quietly before speaking up, "Err I run fast, and jump high... oh and people tend to get burnt." Ember says rather quickly before he slunk back down in a bad attempt to stay unnoticed. Although to attempt to prove his point he holds his paw out for a second allowing flames to dance along his fur, before quickly suppressing them and moving his paw back to himself.

Exile nods slightly as the others reveal the meat of what they're capable of. After the canine makes his rather quick, and slightly nervous, statement the elderly mage steps forward slightly figuring he might as well say his bit now. "As something of a master of the mystical arts my powers are what can be called magical in nature. Primarily I can attack both up close and at range, defend myself and others as well as teleport. As the situation demands I can achieve other effects, or alter ways I achieve them, though it might require a significant measure of time if ritual magic is called for. Outside of these capabilities I have some 'utility' powers, but I see no direct reason as of now to reveal the extent of those."

Razor smiles. “Good, initiative, that’s what we like to seeâ€Â

Razor looks around the table at the various explanations of their abilities, though his eyes seem somewhat distant. Then he nods as if understanding something.

“Alright, I suppose the Ronin will have to remain a silent partner and we’re already aware of Belphegor’s abilities. It’s time to continue.â€Â

Razor invites the assembled party to look at the schematics on the table as he explains them.

"As we know the building is built like a fortress. There is only one way in or out. Security beyond any other building save freedom hall. And the city police know it."

Razor smiles as he addresses the group.

“But its greatest strength is its greatest weakness.â€Â

"Getting in shouldn’t be a problem. We should have enough firepower among us to get in through the front door. But just to be sure we have purchased an old armored car. It isn’t running yet, but it will be. Our brothers in the field will waylay the armored car on route from DC giving us enough time to get in through the door."

Razor addresses Malice directly. “We would like to see if you could create a kind of radio jammer to block their internal communications. It could provide us the valuable time we need to get to the vault."

"After we are in we will need to break into teams. First is the vault team, which will go quickly to the vault. After hearing your abilities that team will consist of Exile and Malice. If exile can get at least one look at the inside of the vault, were in, and I wouldn’t want to deprive Malice of his chance to tinker with Daedalus’s Vault. It should be located here.†Razor points to the map. “As soon as some guard hits the alarm you only have five minutes to get to the vault and keep the vault from closing. If it’s anything like Modern bank vaults today, the door will close automatically and stay shut for a period of 24 hours. No one can open it then, not even the Fed Manager.â€Â

"The second team will be subdual. This team will be responsible for taking care of the guards and accountants in the building. This team will be Iron hide and Ronin, if he is still with us. Try not to kill anyone. Every person alive it a potential hostage, which we may need.â€Â

Razor pauses, his face turns grim.

“This is important. We are prepared to kill innocents, if you’re not, tell us now.â€Â

Razor looks around the room grimly and then returns to the plan.

“After you have subdued the guards bring them back to the main hall here. And shove the most pathetic against the windows, which should dissuade the snipers till we make our escape.â€Â

“Team three will be investigation. This team will find the Federal Manager and make him talk about what’s in the vault and any other security measures the building has to offer. Belphegor, Mr. Big, and Steinman will make up this team. After he talks Belphegor will go help whichever team is in need of assistance.â€Â

"Fourth is Surveillance. That’s you, Paw, you’ll be placed hear, on the third floor tower. You’ll keep an eye on the Feds and let us know where and when the cops arrive. Also with your speed you can offer support to any team that’s in trouble."

Razor smiles again.

“Now here’s the best part. The escape team, made up of Madman and myself, will be placed here.†Razor points to an old maintenance room on the first sub level. “Know how I said the buildings greatest strength was its greatest weakness and that the building used to be an old water reservoir?â€Â

Razor lifts the map to show a 1930s sewer schematic and a resent sewer schematic. “In the old plans there is a pressure relief valve and slue that runs from the reservoir all the way to Wharton Lake in the forest preserve. Now in recent plans it doesn’t exist at all. So we checked. It’s big enough to drive a dump truck through and it ends right at the Federal Reserve. The sewer companies have been using it as an easy run off pipe. The best part however, is that the only thing between the bottom of that Maintenance room floor and that slue is about a foot of concrete and an inch of rusty Iron, which we plan to handle with this."

Razor reaches into the folds of his robes and places a stick of dynamite on the table.

“In short the plan is to get in, clear the vault while we cut through the floor, move the goods to the maintenance room, load up the dump truck with gold and goods, and drive to safety while The Order covers you. Any questions?â€Â

Ember twitches a little at the high pitched sound of the radio but other than that ignores it, Somewhat glad he was rostered onto Surveillance. It meant he could play his part with the least amount of risk associated with himself. and if things did go south he was far enough away to vanish...

Ember nodded in his acceptance of the role, Than he sneezed...

While Malice didn't like the idea of killing innocents by any stretch of the imagination, it looks like he would have to play by their rules for the time being. They had the right idea of using them as hostages, and their plan was very well thought out and intricate. But if everything went according to plan, they could pull this off without much difficulty at all. What worried him however was the radio jammer.

"I believe I could whip up a radio jammer of some kind, but it will take some time. Jamming the radio frequencies of the guards while maintaining our own communication is no small feat, especially considering the area that needs to be covered. Rough guess as to how long it'll take is 2 to 3 weeks, as I have a day life and would be rather suspicious if I disappeared. If I was rushed I could get it done in about a week, but the quality would be noticablely less. And as an aside, I'd prefer it if no innoccents came to undue harm."

Ironhide inwardly cringed at the idea of killing innocent people, not so much because of capability, but because it brought attention the wrong attention to be precise.

He agreed to be the groups muscle, hoping Ronin held up his end of the deal..he hated it when people broke thier word.

He is, however, happy to hear the demon Belphigor might end up helping him out some if the strange martial artist was a no show.

“Killing is not what we want either. Each person left alive is a bargaining chip, or that’s what was told to me. But every one of the grey order is prepared to do it, you don’t have to be, but we need to know who we are working with.â€Â

“Unfortunately the time of the heist is yet to be determined. It will be soon, but the boss apparently wants to wait for the right time to strike, or something like that. But it will be soon.â€Â

You notice that Razor is growing a little more relaxed and his speech seems a little less rehearsed.

Ember suddenly sneezes rather violently, flames leaving his nostril's and ears, and the strange fur pattern on his chest and back glow before vanishing as quickly as it had started. looking around somewhat sheepishly ember says somewhat timidly "Sorry."

As Ember wishes he hadn't just done that he begins to pick something up. his knows didn't itch anymore, and there was a strange scent on the air, especially around those with magic, he could almost.... It must be his imagination, what else could it be?

• 3 weeks later...