Valkyrie - PL 11 - Cosmicarus

To me, it doesn't seem like you want your character to be pretty much base human when she can't get her Will on. I'd think about using partial flaws so that with an extra bit of effort (and a Will save), she goes from super-human to OMGKaboom.

Your use of OMGKaboom amuses me :)

And you are right, that is what I want. Hmm - give me a little while. I'm at work at the moment so I may have to have another look again. Thanks for your patience, I didn't expect this much extra work.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this version will work much better. There's a few mechanical things I'd need to see fixed before I approve, though...

You wrote Defensive Roll 3, but I think you mean Dodge Focus 3. You're adding to Defense with it, and your numbers add up that way, so that's a minor fix.

You said Attack Specialization above in your attack section, which I think is a typo. You have enough Attack Focus (Melee) to get the +4 you said.

I don't feel that you should need to buy "Affects Insubstantial" on your Strength and your Super-Strength. If you put it on your Enhanced Strength, that's enough to get the effect for both.

Buying down Protection to Sustained is +0 in cost, not -1, because you lose the Permanent flaw and then lower from Continuous to Sustained. It's basically the same as using Force Field. Because of that, you're 8 points overspent there (with the extra).

Your Regeneration (the part that requires a Will save) is only 16 pp, not 17. That means you're 6 points overspent at the end (assuming you take the pp from the second "Affects Insubstantial" and put it there).

I think this version will work much better. There's a few mechanical things I'd need to see fixed before I approve, though...

You wrote Defensive Roll 3, but I think you mean Dodge Focus 3. You're adding to Defense with it, and your numbers add up that way, so that's a minor fix.

You said Attack Specialization above in your attack section, which I think is a typo. You have enough Attack Focus (Melee) to get the +4 you said.

I don't feel that you should need to buy "Affects Insubstantial" on your Strength and your Super-Strength. If you put it on your Enhanced Strength, that's enough to get the effect for both.

Buying down Protection to Sustained is +0 in cost, not -1, because you lose the Permanent flaw and then lower from Continuous to Sustained. It's basically the same as using Force Field. Because of that, you're 8 points overspent there (with the extra).

Your Regeneration (the part that requires a Will save) is only 16 pp, not 17. That means you're 6 points overspent at the end (assuming you take the pp from the second "Affects Insubstantial" and put it there).

Yep, all the numbers add up. You wrote down 15 under the Protection 8 (Impervious), but you costed it properly at 16. You have your first approval.

One last point which doesn't change the numbers much - you could increase your Dexterity to 12 with one of the points you spent on your Reflex save. Same effect mechanically, for the most part, but you get a little better at driving. If you decide to change that, it's still approved.

Yep, all the numbers add up. You wrote down 15 under the Protection 8 (Impervious), but you costed it properly at 16. You have your first approval.

One last point which doesn't change the numbers much - you could increase your Dexterity to 12 with one of the points you spent on your Reflex save. Same effect mechanically, for the most part, but you get a little better at driving. If you decide to change that, it's still approved.

I should have paid more attention. You only have 14 pp in feats, not 15, but I'm not sure what happened in your skills. It's hard to tell which is the attribute modifier and which is the skill rank, but it looks like you have 32 ranks, given your overall skill modifiers and your attributes. That'd be 8 pp, which works out to 1 too many.

Also, initiative is +5 because your Dex modifier went up.

I should have paid more attention. You only have 14 pp in feats, not 15, but I'm not sure what happened in your skills. It's hard to tell which is the attribute modifier and which is the skill rank, but it looks like you have 32 ranks, given your overall skill modifiers and your attributes. That'd be 8 pp, which works out to 1 too many.

I should have paid more attention.

I think that I should have paid more attention - I was just too eager to finish. In any case, I've fixed those problems. I could see how the skills were confusing (I had used my will bonus for conentration instead of my wisdom bonus :oops:).

I took the point from where I had it in feats and put it into my concentration skill, which is totalled properly now. And I fixed the Initiative bonus. Thanks!

I think that I should have paid more attention - I was just too eager to finish. In any case, I've fixed those problems. I could see how the skills were confusing (I had used my will bonus for conentration instead of my wisdom bonus :oops:).

I took the point from where I had it in feats and put it into my concentration skill, which is totalled properly now. And I fixed the Initiative bonus. Thanks!

Regeneration [recovery rate]

All to standard actions (bruised 2, unconscious 2, injured 5, staggered 5, disabled 7, ability 7)

FLAW: Check required [will] (-1)

FEAT: Persistent

FEAT: Regrowth

16 points spent

Regeneration [recovery bonus] 6

6 points spent

Technically, you have 32 ranks of Regeneration with the "check required" limitation, making the Will save to use any of it DC 42 (10 + Power Rank). :shock:

I'm not sure that I like the idea of breaking Regeneration down into its parts to make the will save less difficult, any more than I'd like a player who bought Force Field 1 ten time to make it harder to nullify and to make the Concentration check lower (e.g. to keep it activated when stunned). At the very least, the ranks of Regeneration (recover bonus) should always apply to the DC, since they always apply to the recovery roll. So that would make the DCs: Bruised 18, Unconscious 18, Injured 21, Staggered 21, Disabled 23, Ability 23. I think I'd be okay with that.

Certainly if the DCs are 12, 12, 15, 15, 17, and 17 and your Will save is +11, then a -1 Flaw isn't warranted.

All to standard actions (bruised 2, unconscious 2, injured 5, staggered 5, disabled 7, ability 7)

16 points spent

6 points spent

Technically, you have 32 ranks of Regeneration with the "check required" limitation, making the Will save to use any of it DC 42 (10 + Power Rank). :shock:

I'm not sure that I like the idea of breaking Regeneration down into its parts to make the will save less difficult, any more than I'd like a player who bought Force Field 1 ten time to make it harder to nullify and to make the Concentration check lower (e.g. to keep it activated when stunned). At the very least, the ranks of Regeneration (recover bonus) should always apply to the DC, since they always apply to the recovery roll. So that would make the DCs: Bruised 18, Unconscious 18, Injured 21, Staggered 21, Disabled 23, Ability 23. I think I'd be okay with that.

Certainly if the DCs are 12, 12, 15, 15, 17, and 17 and your Will save is +11, then a -1 Flaw isn't warranted.

16 points spent

6 points spent