Wednesday January 22nd 2020 11:13AM EST

42 degrees Freedomheight Light rain wind gusting to 30 mph offshore

Skies over Kingston

Over the abandoned homes, squatters, and bold rebuilders that comprised Kingston now the rain fell in the kind of lazy drizzle that said even it didn't want to be out in this weather.  Those too proud or too poor too flee the ruined suburb went about their days heads down and focused on the next step and getting in from the blustery wind and chill wet that coated the near empty streets.  High overhead the clouds, or space itself twisted and through the rent between worlds something emerged unnoticed by those below.  That wouldn't last long.

The Unbreakable Kronk emerged from the twisting rift in the warpwold his transit beacon giving off a foul acrid smoke and letting out a high pitched keen before falling silent and still no matter how hard he tapped the display.  Against the backdrop of the dark clouds the black and chrome of his wyldride was but a shadow for any soul who looked up.  Of course dimensional transit by such crude means would have alerted many looking for such things or sensitive to the warp and weft of the terminus and the fallen worlds it left behind.  The bulky rider looked out over the city trying to get his bearings and soon his eyes fell on the doomforge, apparently unguarded but for distant proles far below.

With a wild whoop and bellow far below the hearing of most humans reverberating off the clouds above he charged the cannon mounted in his sidecar and gunned the engine of the inter-dimensional bike the repulsors leaving a golden afterglow in the skies above as he angled for attack,  "EAT MOLTEN DEATH YOU GLORIFIED TIN CANS"  Kronk boomed as he unleashed a blistering burst of charged particles from the scavenged ship cannon mounted at his side.  

With a crashing boom the sky was lit by the stream of energy as it crashed into the nihilor steel of Doomforge sending arcing lighting crawling the dormant buildings armored bulk.  With a mad laugh the biker swooped past and turned about angling for a fresh attack heedless of the panicked proles below fleeing from his assault, "COME GET ME DRONES I GOT A FRESH SPOT JUST FOR YOU!"  he challenged slapping the side of his bike where he'd meticulously painted miniature Omegadrones for each confirmed kill.

Triakosia

Dancia floated above the literal scar that was Kingston, a memory that cut to her core. It represented something that she failed to stop, though she helped save the world, the very thing that destroyed her own world. When she could she spent her time doing what she could to help often, floating above the place listening for potential problems and looking after the few that choose to stay in this part of the city. 

Being able to pick up and more importantly filter sounds from orbit it wasn’t difficult to pick up the sounds of battle that had suddenly broken out in Kingston, and quickly she flew towards the sounds of the struggle ready to help out as needed.

Archer II

Go patrolling, the old man said. Maybe pick somewhere outside Southside for once, the old man said. Yeah, Connor had picked somewhere outside Southside alright. Had taken a while, but he'd made it to Kingston. He'd meant to give the Doomforge a look at some point anyway. The old man hadn't let him go and fight back in '18, had locked him up rather than risk Connor going out against a Terminus Invasion before he was ready. That still stung, but with the chaos taking place at the Doomforge now, it seemed like he'd get his wish anyway.

Some giant frog man on a bike, flying around and shooting at the guards? That wasn't really what he had expected, but it wasn't like Connor had any idea what kind of things the Terminus would spit out. Not that a biker frogman was high on his list of ideas...

He'd need to get into a good position before he took his shot. A grappling line arrow later, and he was scaling the Doomforge, trying to find any kind of place where he could get to and get ready to fire at Froggy.

Kingston, post Invasion, had its issues. Violent crime had been skyrocketing. The persecuted criminal underclass that lurked in the Fens and Lincoln had been…branching out, shall we say? Which, of course, left Terrifica with yet more work to do. Like the proverbial Hydra. Lock one off, and two more leaped in to take their place. She was merely looking for the latest hotspot in this part of Freedom. Dimensional teleportation tech, building off what the Terminus had left behind. Someone there had brains. So she had the scanner on her face when the literal frog man rode through dimensions. It lit up her screen like a neon sign. So she rode right over there on the Terrifi-cycle. Just in time to hear him yelling. Dear god, as if there wasn’t enough problems. “Hey!” She pulled over and got off her bike to stand in the middle of the road. She shook out her staff, juuuust in case. “Hey! Could you not?! People are trying to sleep, for one, and I don’t want to know what happens if you blow up a Doomforge!” Seriously, what deity had she pissed off to encounter a frog man with a burning itch in his trigger finger? “Look around! You are not in the Terminus! There are no Omegadrones! So would you please go home!” Did her annoyance slip in her voice? Yes, yes it did.

Another scorching burst of energized particles scored deep pits in the near unbreakable steel of nihilor as the invader fired another volley and wheeled about in a tight loop overhead with a roar of challenge booming out over the grey skies.  "WHATEVER HAPPENS IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!"  Kronk bellowed back at Terrificas admonishment as he hovered overhead and looked about suspiciously, "WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS OMEGAHO."  the amphibious humanoid taunted, "YOUR FOUL MASTER TOOK MY HOME NOW I HUNT HIS MINIONS!"  he exposited as he revved the engine of his ride and charged the cannon for another volle of fire. "DOOMFORGES DON'T JUST BUILD THEMSELVES!"

Was that Terrifica calling out to the guy? That was good, right? Froggy didn't exactly sound like he worked for Omega, but they had no idea what would happen if he did blow it up, did they? It was some kind of interdimensional doomsday machine, right? Maybe it'd blow up everything. The people in charge had to have a reason for having left it here in the first place.

Getting to a higher point on the Doomforge with somewhere he could actually plant his feet and get a proper shot. No reason to go for the heavy stuff yet. A riot foam arrow should do the trick, but better to wait for now. Give Terrifica another moment first.

Triakosia

It’s a little more complicated than that stranger.” she didn’t need to shout though her voice carried well enough

Triakosia floated down from the sky, cape flowing out behind her as she dropped down to a few meters above the newcomer, giving a little smile and nod to the two heroes she’d met before.

“We fought off the forces of Omega a few years ago, this is just a remnant of the fight that we’ve not been able to destroy. Let’s stop with the fighting and talk this out, or we’ll have to stop you from causing further trouble.”

Omegaho? Well. That was…clever. The frogman was now closer, there was no need to shout. The night was quiet enough. “Glorious? Tell that to the people who live in the blast radius and are either killed or suffer stranger fates.” Terminus energy could have…interesting…effects. To the point where death could be seen as a mercy in some cases. “You won’t find any minions of Omega here.” Ah, there was Triaskosia. Nice to see someone a little more…bulletproof. “It’s as my associate says. The Terminus tried to invade. We drove them away, for the second time in thirty years. I helped. A lot. That” She pointed at the Doomforge with her staff.”Was left behind, and we’re still figuring out how to remove it without something terrible happening. As I said, look around.” She gestured in a vaguely circular motion with her staff. “Does this look like the Terminus?” She planted her staff firmly in the ground with a thunk. “However, if you insist on doing dangerous and violent things in a populated area, well…” And there was that self satisfied smirk of hers. “We’ll just have to stop you, now won’t we?”

The giant amphibian peered suspiciously at Triakosia then Teriffica before lowering his bike to the street and de-energizing the cannon as he dismounted.  He looked around at the distressed but not destroyed landscape and shrugged, "WELL, DEFEATED THE TERMINUS, TWICE NO LESS."  He remarked feigning being impressed, poorly.  Kronk stepped forward and extended a hand to Terrifica, "WELL LET ME SHAKE THE HAND OF THE....WOMAN?  WHO DEFEATED OMEGA!"  He declared words echoing off the empty homes and desolate streets around them.  The ploy was predictable, almost comically so, if not for the stakes should his widely telegraphed attack land.  He attempted to pull her off balance to drive his sloping brow down toward her in a devastating if ill aimed headbutt.  

Springing back as she pulled away Kronk shook his head, "YOU ALMOST HAD ME UNTIL YOU CLAIMED TO BEST THE LARD OF ENTROPY TWICE!"  the hulking toad bellowed and braced himself, "I'M NOT SOME TADPOLE FRESH FROM THE BROOD POND!  WHAT'D HE GIVE YOU TO BETRAY YOUR WORLD, MAY IT ROT IN YOUR HANDS!"

Terrifica did not merely spring back. She danced back several steps, well out of melee range. She pointed one end of her staff at the frog man. “Beings like you make me feel so tired.” What this function of the Terrifi-Staff did could not be characterized as a beam. The appearance was actually the reverse. The heat from the frog man’s immediate vicinity was sucked into the staff, chilling the air around him so rapidly that ice formed around him. Normally, he would be trapped. The drawn in heat was expelled out of the other end of the staff in a blast of raw heat. This was what she called the Freonic Ray.

But alas, his reflexes were a bit too quick on this occasion. Well. That was unfortunate. Still… “You have no idea how insulting it is to be labeled traitor by someone who literally just met me. You don’t even know my name, let alone my loyalties or capabilities. And yet you provoke a two-” Archer’s arrows came in. “-three on one fight. With people who weren’t offering you one, might I add.” Yep, that’s our Terrifica. The thrower of subtle shade. “If we were actually servants of the Terminus, why aren’t we killing you right now?”

Big and ugly made his intentions clear. Tried to headbutt Terrifica. Alright, that was everything Connor needed. With Terrifica moving and countering, he had to wait for the right moment when she put just enough distance between herself and the toad. 

Didn't take long. Terrifica was good, staying close without sticking too close. Connor took his shot, or rather, shots. Three riot foam arrows fired one by one, straight at the big toad. With barely any time between each, they struck their target, each quickly expanding into a rapidly hardening light grey foam. It shouldn't take more than a moment, if they had that long.

The giant frogman was hit squarely by the freonic blast, Ice forming along his beaten leather jacket and limning his form as he bounded out of the column of ice before it could immobilize him, directly into the path of Archers incoming volley much to his chagrin.

As the riot foam hardened around him holding him in place anchored to the ground and nearest wall by the sturdy polymer foam he strained against the bonds grimacing at terifficas taunts, "There are worse things in the Terminus then death, girl."  he grunted and let out a bellow of rage.

"I WILL NOT BE CHAINED AGAIN!"  he boomed loud enough to be heard for miles around by those sensitive to such frequencies.  With a mighty effort he tore first one, then both arms free of the foam and wrenched himself free of the bindings shaking hte remnants from his coat and glaring at the foes arrayed before him eyes a bit wild almost more akin to a trapped animal.

Triakosia

Dancia was about to try and correct the alien over his mistaking her for Centurion, even if she’d been inspired by him in oh so many ways, when everything began to kick off with some form of bluff on his part. She was as much impressed as she was annoyed by the sudden turn of events, luckily thing were looking to be quickly sorted out in a nonviolent way.

“If we were the servants of Omega we wouldn’t be anything like a gentle as we are right now, please stand down so we can resolve this peacefully.”

Just to make sure he was down and more amiable she gave a used a massive gust of breath to hopefully knock him off his feet onto his stubborn butt.

“Well, someone’s got issues. I know a good therapist, if you need one.” For once, Terrifica wasn’t being mocking or disdainful. She was not, however, going all gooey in concern. It was merely a matter of fact statement. “After, of course, we’re finished going a few rounds and you stop behaving so thickheadedly.” She pulled a special emitter from her utility belt, and slid it over the regular one on her staff. Nothing like a few extra shots to really help the opponent to get the message. This, however, was not the Freonic Ray. Though she could see its secondary effects beginning to take hold. The Freonic Ray worked twice, after all. Much more efficient that way. No, what she was trying now was just a flash of brilliant light and a blast of very loud sound. Like a flash bang grenade, but much stronger and on a single target. A frozen moment where the staff stuttered (oh, again with third capacitor?) but it fired and scored a direct hit. The effects, however, left much to be desired. He was a hoppy frog, she’d give him that.

Damn. Didn't hold the guy for even a moment. Big and ugly just smashed out of the riot foam like it was nothing. At least Triakosia flew in and... blew wind at him. Didn't even phase the big guy. Placing the arrow he had chosen back in the quiver, Connor moved his fingers back, picking a few others. Big, strong, tough. Taking hits, keeping on going. Still, sounded like he was fighting against the Terminus. If it was all just one big misunderstanding, then it wouldn't do to put arrows in him, right?

Something to calm him down a bit, then. Letting the Strobe Light Arrows fly on by one, Connor aimed straight by the big guy's eyes, where he'd be hit by quick bursts of dancing lights from all around, no matter where he looked. Not close enough to get to the others, but hopefully enough to stop the big frog guy for a moment.

Kronk weathered the hurricane winds the paragon unleashed, digging in and crouching against the force of the air rushing past with a hearty croak, "HAHA I KNEW YOU WERE FULL OF HOT AIR!"

His clever wordplay was cut short by yet another volley from the savvy staff wielding savant,  just managing to turn his head and clamp his eyes shut in time to avoid the worst of the disorienting blast she unleashed.  "YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THA-" He was not so quick when yet more arrows rained down from some unseen pearch to assault his senses with light and sound overwhelming him and leaving him locked in and twitching his retort cut short as his nerves were scrambled.

Triakosia

Dancia gently touched down in front of this frog faced alien, cautious but also optimistic that she could turn them around to be an ally,

We didn’t want to bind you, but you forced out hand.” keeping it friendly realising how much of a threat that could have have sounded.

You must be aware that if we were servants of Omega we would probably have destroyed you rather than entrap you.” she was aware that right now she’d probably be playing the carrot to Terrifica's stick.

If you know how to get rid of this monstrosity...” she gestured to the Doomcoil “… we would greatly appreciate the help.”

A grappling hook arrow and a short swing later, Connor landed on the ground, close to Triakosia, Terrifica and big and ugly. His trick had worked, the pretty colors kept the big guy stunned for the moment. Not that he had any idea how long it'd last. Not like he'd been testing out his arrows against frogs before.

Keeping his bow in hand, but without drawing an arrow from the quiver just yet, he approached as Triakosia addressed big and ugly. "You wouldn't listen, man." He stopped some six feet away, not wanting to get too close just yet. He needed to have time to react if Mr. Toad started acting up again. "You agree that rioat foam and pretty lights are better than starting to hit you, right?" A bit out of character, maybe, but the guy had sounded confused. No reason to fight someone that didn't know what was going on.

“If you don’t think so, my staff has functions I haven’t used on you yet.” Was Terrifica taunting deliberately, playing bad cop to Triakosia’s good? You betcha. “I was thinking Heavy Particle Cannon next.” That was a lie, but froggy didn’t know that. Taser was next. “Honestly, it’s three on one. If we were trying to take you out you’d be on the ground by now.” She shrugged idly. “But if you’re feeling especially masochistic today, well...” She removed the special emitter, stored it back in her belt, and then pointed the emitter end at the frog man. It began to glow faintly and energy charging inside was clearly audible. “I suppose we can indulge you.”

Weaving on his feet as he struggled to clear his head after the disorienting barrage of light and sound they seemed to be starting to get through to the titanic toad.  "Sister, you don't know the terminus if you think they'd rather kill than capture a specimen like this."  he gestured to his warty hide with a disturbingly wide grin.  "I'll give it to you if this is a trick you all are real dumb about it and that sort don't last long in the Terminus."  He eventually acknowledged with a small shrug.

He looked over Triakosia at the looming Doomforge and grinned, "Get rid of it, well you hit it with the biggest guns you got and keep hitting it till it blows."  he replied with a hearty laugh and looked around, "Course most places with a Doomforge there no one around to care about what comes after."  The large amphibian looked back to the trio who had pulled short his own attempts at just that, "They say Nihilor steel is unbreakable, and they're almost right, Almost."  he offered with a too wide grin and a jangle of chains from under his battered leather coat.

He rolled his broad shoulders and looked down at the genius threatening him, "Listen sweetcheeks you can threaten me with a good time all you like but you're not my type.  Hear me?"

Triakosia

As tempting as it was right now to punch this rather irritating creature in the face it wasn’t really going to be constructive. Besides he seemed to know something, maybe something that could be helpful to finally clean up this part of the city.

We’re right in the middle of the Freedom City so destroying it like that is not an options, if it had been then we’d have done it already. And I come from a world destroyed by Terminus so I like to think I know a little of what I’m talking about.”

She smiled at the alien as she tried to change track a little.

Look we don’t want to fight you here, so what can we do to convince you that we’re on the level here?”

Right. 

Big and ugly was as loud and boisterous calm as he was when he was attacking them. That was just a bit annoying. Terrifica was threatening the guy, Triakosia was trying to make peace. Good cop, bad cop. Where did that leave Connor, then? Silent backup? 

"Why are you here?" he finally asked. Big and ugly had to be here for a reason. It couldn't just be random, could it? "If you're coming from some other world, why come here? The Earth's beaten back the Terminus again, so, what, you just came sightseeing? Came to find that big hunk of junk?" 

Terrifica did something unexpected. She threw back her head and laughed. Playing the heavy wasn’t her style anyway. “Threaten you with a good time? Hardly.” Her staff powered down. She collapsed it and put it back on her belt. “How’s this for a trick? I’ve put my weapon away.” She spread her arms wide. “Now I’m unarmed and not offering you violence of any kind. No, I think the time for diplomacy has arrived.” She smirked. Well, there were many ways to be the bad guy in a conversation. “Now, if we’re going to establish a fair dialogue, the first thing is to know each other’s names. The second thing is to describe yourself just a little. To that end, I am Terrifica. I am most likely far more intelligent than you are, and I adore talking. Violence is just so…uncivilized.” Hmm. A touch hammy. Well, so was he. “Your turn.” She continued to smugly smirk. “Or would you prefer to hit an unarmed person who doesn’t want to fight you?”

"That there's a less elite group than you're thinking."  The big amphibian scoffed at Triakosia.  "Those things aren't any less dangerous intact though, just take longer."  he pointed out with a shrug.  He let out a laugh of his own and shook with mirth, "Sure sure you all are on the level.  If you weren't yer boss would be sending the big guns in by now."  he smiled too wide with his oversize mouth and took a few steps toward his bike to pull a device off and toss it at archers feet where it clattered to a stop emitting a faint whine and stench of ozone.  "Something like that kid."  he answered in turn and pointed at the device, "That there hones in on the big T and punches a hole through the walls so I can bring the fight ot the drones yea?"  he offered and frowned, "Well it did, something bout punching in here blew it out."

He looked down at Terrifica as she broke out in laughter and shrugged, "That ain't all that elite a group neither."  he pointed out with  a  croaking laugh of his own.  "KRONK"  he boomed, standing proud at the name, "CALLED THE UNBREAKABLE."  he added the title bouncing off the walls and windows lining the street.  "An of course I'd prefer to hit an unarmed person that don't want a fight rather than an armed one that does."  he scoffed, "Startin to think you might not be the brains of this operation you think you are."

Triakosia

Dancia had to suppress a little grin at the aliens comments about Terrific, she was a good hero obviously but boy did she know it, but she was trying to play the senior role.

Please to meet you Kronk. You could consider me a Lady Centurion, but most call me Triakosia. I guess you could consider me the Atropos of our little trio of fates!”

She guessed that Kronk wouldn’t get the reference but she enjoyed those old references to home, maybe his arrival was making her feel a little nostalgic.

I’m afraid your going to have to give us something before we let you free.”