Aster---PL10---Villian---Eyeonthemountain

OOC: This guy will be replacing contour as my PL10 guy if he gets approved.

Players Name: Eyeonthemountain

Power Level: 10 (150 pp)

Unspent PP: 0

Characters Name: Aster

Alternate Identity: none

Height: 3'3"

Weight: 2500

Hair: none

Eyes: none

Description: All Asterians are short and stocky, and weigh in the region of a 500 pounds, with bodies denser and tougher than those of nearly any other race. With slivery skin and darker torsos and limbs, most of which have knobs of muscle or semi-metallic substances protruding roughly, most Asterians are not considered beautiful, though they find the patterns of each other 's bodies attractive, even if they cannot explain why.

Stats: Cost 10

Str: 6 (-2) [30 (+10)]

Dex: 6 (-2)

Con: 26 (+8)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 8 (-1)

Combat: Cost 18

Attack: +10: +3 BaB +1(size) +2 (melee focus) +4 (attack spec (slam))

Defense: +7 (+6 flat-footed) (+6 BDB) (+1 size)

Initiative: -2

Saves: Cost 12

Toughness: +13(impervious)

Fort +10 (+8 Con, +2)

Reflex: +0 (-2 Dex, +2)

Will: +10 (+2 Wis, +8) (10 impervious)

Skills: Cost 8

Concentration 10 (+12)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Native language is magnetic pulses

Notice 4 (+6)

Stealth 0 -2dex +4 size (+2)

Survival 7 (+9)

Feats: Cost 7

Melee focus 2

Attack Spec (slam) 2

Improved Grab

Power attack

Ultimate save (toughness)

Powers: Cost 97

Density[Permanent, Innate] Rank 12 Cost 37

Grants 24 Str 6 Imp toughness 4 immobile, 8 super strength(sustained)

Note: Super strength here is Sustained

Feature: Can speak and understand the native language of the last person he has touched. But only that one language until he touches another being. Cost 1

Immunity (Sense Motive, Life Support, Criticals) cost 13

Impervious Toughness Rank 7 Cost 7

Will 10 ranks cost 10

Magnetic Control Ranks 5 Cost 10+4

AP Flight 5 ranks

AP Super-Strength [sustained] 10 ranks

AP Nullify electronics (all) 2/rank 5 ranks

+nullifying field +0

+duration (concentration) +1

+full power -1

AP Blast (Magnetic Force) [PF] Rank 4

Penetrating Slam 4 ranks Cost 4

Shrinking [Normal strength] rank 4 Cost 8

Grants +1 Att, +1 Def, -1 toughness, -2 Intimidate, +4 stealth

Supersense: Detect Magnetic fields (mental) (Accurate, Acute, Ranged) Cost 6

Drawbacks: minor vulnerability to magic -2pp

no sense of smell -3pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS --- SAVE DC --- DAMAGE TYPE

Unarmed --- Toughness DC 25(penetrating 4) --- Physical Damage

Trade-off: +3 Toughness/ -3 Defense

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (18) + Saves (12) + Skills (8) + Feats (7) + Powers (100) - Drawbacks (05) = Total Cost 150

History

Aster

Aster is a large planter orbiting a very old Blue-white star in the same general region of the Milky way as Earth, though no on on either planter is aware of that. Aster is a very large planet, rich in mineral resources and has a disproportionate amount of the heavy metals, causing a high level of background radiation, a very high level of gravity, and strong magnetic currents. It takes a touch race to survive here.

The Asterians are such a race. Built low and wide, Asterians have a very high metal content in their bodies, and adaptions necessary to live here, adaptions that many considered super-powered offworld. All Asterians are short and stocky, and weigh in the region of a 500 pounds, with bodies denser and tougher than those of nearly any other race. With slivery skin and darker torsos and limbs, most of which have knobs of muscle or semi-metallic substances protruding roughly, most Asterians are not considered beautiful, though they find the patterns of each other 's bodies attractive, even if they cannot explain why.

Asterian society is a complicated, and very long lived one. Asterian society is based on females, who occupy the centers of family units made up of anywhere from 1 to perhaps as many as 7 females, all but one of whom are daughters of the dominant one. In this grouping, males are attached to the families by brother-sister ties, rather than marital, a concept they do not really understand. Males in one family group will date , and procreate with females form other groups, but will not live with those females or take care of children, that being the duty of that female's brothers or cousins. Still, individual females and males may be monogamous, and have relationships spanning all their lives., though this is not the norm.

Aster is a technologically backward place, even withthe metals and intelligence of its people. No one is sure why technology never took root here, but perhaps their mysticism is to blame, or their strong self-sufficiency. No Asterian has trouble feeding itself or growing, as they mainly feed on magnetic currents, with small ingestions of metals and others molecules to foster growth. Even an abandoned child, an extreme rarity, has a good chance of surviving on its own and growing to adulthood.

But spiritually the race is very aware, and advanced. Magic has a strong place in society, though only females have the ability to harness it, and it has never worked even a kilometer from the surface of Aster. Asterian females know of other dimensions, and have the ability to know much of what goes on on Aster, though not further, their magic being so limited to the strong magnetic field of Aster itself. Both sexes possess a powerful ability to read each other, so much so that they rarely communicate verbally, instead interacting by variations in each other's magnetic fields. Asterians can read auras and even a professional poker player might not be able to hide their innermost thoughts.

Unfortunately for Aster, they are fairly well known by a large number of unscrupulous races, who value the creatures for various nefarious purposes, though they have learned not to take females, as they do not survive long off Aster. But the males, with their magnetic controlling abilities, easy upkeep and ability to destroy the workings of electronics, make excellent bodyguards, slaves, and gladitorial contestants.

And this is where Aster comes in, kidnapped a few years ago from his homeworld and taken away by a slaver who thought to use Aster for this purpose, and was staring to try and ..... train him.... a training cut short when his ship suffered a fatal malfunction on its journey and burned up in Earth's atmosphere, a journey only Aster was capable of surviving.

Personality:

Aster is a being who has a very self-centered view of himself and life. On his own planet there were rules, and the rules were enforced. Plus they made sense. But here on earth, he sees no rules, and no one is there to force him to obey them. So he does what he wants. Not out of malice, not really, but he cares little for all these breakables (people, things and buildings) all around him.

Honestly, I do not know. Two of my characters were retired when I took a break from these boards. Contour is not working out as I wanted him to, and he was mostly being play tested here before I played him in a game that never got off the ground.

I played Aster in antoehr game that died an early death, but I enjoyed playing him there. I could resurrect Sanctis from the archive if you prefer, I like that concept laso.