Empyrean (Infinity & Eternity)

• 2 weeks later...

Debriefing:  Incident #3MP7R34N-214597 - 'Empyrean' entity encounter  ((Twenty Questions Empyrean))

Classified - eyes only - Lor Star Republic Ministry of Colonial Expansion Bureau of Internal Affairs

Greetings  Lieutenant Zal'Nar, Seeker Zal Na'ar can we get you anything?  No?  We shall begin with some baseline questions.

Where were you raised Lieutenant, Seeker?

I was born on Relsys five station twenty three ward nine.  And it's Scout Sergeant, I'm not with the Navy any longer.

I was born on Relsys as my sister answered, but raised in the temple of the celestial path.

Understood Scout Sergeant, but please refrain from color commentary and answer the questions directly.  Describe yourselves.

I'm fit, athletic, tall by Lor standards, the ear points are natural, the purple hair isn't, Violet eyes, those came in with my mentat abilities.

Athletic build, pointed ears, likely distant Zultasian genetics.  Head shaved in accordance with the principles of my order, lavender eye color manifested with my own mentat abilities.

How would you describe your speech and mannerisms?

I'm sarcastic and Looooooove answering pointless questions.

My affect is subdued which while calming for most can seem emotionally distant to those expecting a more impassioned demeanor.

Why did you join your order or the scout corps?

Me and the brass didn't see eye to eye, scout corps lets me fly and do more than look good in a uniform.

The order was instrumental in my coming to understand my place in time and space, the teachings have been a great boon in my personal growth spiritually.  It was only natural that I would serve to aid the republic and continue my travels of the path.

Understood, in light of recent events we must ask, how would you rate your current mood and mental state?

Bored and bit tired of doing party tricks for you lot.  We have useful work we could be doing.

I am experiencing elevated anxiety due to the situation naturally but well within the bounds of standard experience, were I to place it comparatively it would be slightly below that you feel at the implied revelations of our encounter.

Thank you for that Seeker, but we're not the subjects here, please try to keep on topic.  We'd like if possible to speak to the entity once more if we may.

As I explained before my attention does not waver from this time and place whilst manifest even if my gracious hosts are speaking, just as they are aware of what you say to me.  We are as one.

Yes, of course it was a turn of phrase, Empyrean you wish to be addressed as?  How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?

As I have said while I am an ally to your cause I am not a weapon for your republic.  As you would categorize them my strengths are in mastery of the power cosmic, to create and destroy energy and matter, as well as this projections relative immunity to the harms common to these dimensions.  My weakness as you would see them are the reliance upon my hosts, I would label our bond a greater strength but this is clearly not what you intend to ask.

Very well then could you explain why you have possessed our citizens?

Possession is inaccurate, they were chosen as hosts due to their perceptions together being capable of comprehending our joining thus they could invite me understanding what that would mean in ways less aware entities of your realm could not.

As you claim yes, but why embody to this 'Lower Dimension' whatsoever?

We are not of an accord in this matter thus only a portion of ourselves in invested here, we do so to better understand the denizens of this limited existence given the importance of this realm in the greater struggle.

Yes the struggle, you mentioned this before could you describe what it is you struggle against and what side you take in this struggle as you explain it?

Of course.  The struggle is the only struggle that which all others are but shattered reflections of, the constant struggle of creation against destruction.  There are forces at work which would see existence come to an end, and we wish to see creation to continue to grow.

Why would a being eternal as you claim to be care for lesser beings existence?

We do not, I speak not of your existence but of all existence.  You and your allies fight the destroyers of this realm thus our causes are aligned even if your individual existence is of importance only to yourself and those around you.

So you have no loyalty to anything less ephemeral than this struggle, you think of us as pawns?

That would be inaccurate, the pawns you speak of in this game are controlled, you have free will to serve creation or destruction, our loyalty is to creation, you are part of creation and not opposed and are thus a miniscule part of the whole we serve to defend.

You then serve only this objective ideal of creation, like some sort of god?

No, gods and religion as you know them are smaller than creation, or destruction though they like all being of will may serve either.

Can we speak to our people again?

You have been, but they will now reply if you like.

This Empyrean claims you joined of free will?  Have you selected this beings objectives over those of the Republic?

Of all the backwards xenophobic ...

I believe what my sister means is that there is no selecting of this beings will over that of the republic, it does not need the republic but will defend it from the forces that wish it and this world unmade.  

And you can leave this compact whenever you will it?

"Of course we can, you ass."  Fa'rua answered as the Empyrean form dissipated leaving her and Jolan standing next to each other in the containment unit.

"The Empyrean is genuine in it's desire to better understand this realm I think this realm is of greater importance than even we who dwell here fully understand."

Empyrean: Origins  

The probability of a habitable zone in the orbital debris of a white dwarf was astronomical.  None the less on the outer edge of the system a Lor Scout frigate popped into existence and fired it's sublight engines to begin a survey orbit.  "What did I say about telling me the odds Jolan?"  the commander of the vessel smirked from the pilot's chair.  "Never to do so, which is why I refrained from stating 'odds' and merely pointed out that this deviation from protocol will hardly endear you to your new commanders."  replied the plainly dressed monk from his seat at the coms deck, "As expected no signs of system scale communications on the standard band".  Turning in her seat  Fa'Rua eyed her brother, "And I told you I have a good feeling about this one."  she countered smugly.  Calling up the ships scanner suite on her MFD the commander engaged standard sweeps, "Beginning deep field  orbital scans, who knows what kind of resources might be floating here ready for the taking.  "Resource acquisition is not our primary objective, we're to seek out habitable territory."  The monk narrowed his eyes, "I see, the finders fee on minerals for corporate extraction, you have debts."  the tone carried the first hint of disapproval of the conversation.  "I have a life Jolan."

Three Months Earlier

"While I appreciate the elegance of your plan minister I assure you she will not respond well to this partnership."  Seeker Jolan, wanderer on the celestial path and ordained spiritualist of the Lor Republic explained diplomatically.  "Given her record Seeker I really have no better option.  You'll serve as a diplomatic liaison if intelligent life is encountered, psych profiles dictate she will respond better to family than traditional command structures."   The ranking minister of the Exploratory Scout Corps offered plainly.  Before the seeker had opportunity to speak further the door slid open to reveal a fit young officer mostly uniform for her rank in the scout corps.  "Sergeant Zal Na'ar, I presume, I've taken the lib--"  the Lor stopped in her tracks staring at Jolan, "Oh hell no."  she intoned boldly and looked about to turn on her heel and walk out. 

"SERGEANT!"  cracked the supposedly civilian minister of exploration drawing the former naval  pilot up sharp and into a brief rigid attention before she relaxed glaring at both men.  "Have a seat."  the minister insisted and offered a cup of water as well.  "I've reviewed your record, you're a hell of a pilot, and have what we're looking for in the corps hence you being granted rank and a ship commensurate with your skills and training."  There was the carrot.  Next would come the stick.  Jolan sat impassively his prediction proving true with no need of peering into the future.  "The Seeker will be your diplomatic liaison to account for your, history." 

Fa'Rua glared at the minister for a moment, "I don't need my LITTLE brother playing babysitter, get me a chart and a ship and I'll find you habitable worlds for colonies." she insisted.   "How many crews do you run with diplomats on board?"  

"All of them."  the minister replied flatly, the response not unexpected, "The frontiers are littered with lost and separatist colonies,  exiles, shipwrecks, pirates, with the events of the incursion bringing them back into the fold is just as important as the new worlds initiative."  He stated plainly.  "You're free to refuse the placement on a ship, I'm sure we can use a skilled navigator to chart potential targets for exploration, or there are always corporate freight haulers looking for pilots."  the threat was implicit, this or might as well be grounded.

Present Day

The ship coasted along it's orbit it's advanced scanners sweeping the system for signs of habitable bands, or more likely minerals ripe for extraction.  Jolan puzzled over the comms sweep as he tried to filter out the noise of the dense stellar mass at the core of the system.  "I'm getting errant signal..."  the alarms then blared the central screen coming to life with readouts of a fully powered orbital station currently tracking their vessel.  "What in the ..."  Fa'Rua declared as she pored over the results, "That orbit is way too close to the star, any systems would be fried by the stellar wind."  she was already altering course to bring their own ship into that orbit, "emergency power to particle shields we're getting a closer look."  she explained to her brothers disapproving gaze.  "I'm not certain that is prudent if there is a hostile..."  Fa'Rua cut him off with a gesture, "If there is a hostile force able to maintain  that orbit we're already scrapped."  she countered and punched up an approach vector as the scanners continued to read out the unlikely power reading from the base.  "No life signs, maybe it's orbital degradation and it already cooked the builders.  "I do not think so Fa'Rua,"  Jolan replied with real concern in his voice as he patched the coms over, "I was able to run the coms through translator protocols, It's incomplete, but what we got was from precursor researchers."   'instalation zzyggyxk research facility'  played on loop, an aging IFF system perhaps.  "Flag it and send a burst com to control.  We'll clear and release the site for the archeology teams."  Fa'Rua explained with giddy glee. This was even better than a platinum rich debris band.

The ship settled into the still operational if alien docking bay without difficulty.  Fa'Rua dropped out of the airlock and began readings before opening the may door to let Jolan out, "We have breathable atmo."  she confirmed, "No viral load, completely sterile, and whatever this thing is made of us cutting the stellar wind out completely."  Jolan descended to the deck marveling at the ancient site still pristine.  "It seems impossible."  he marveled truly surprised in a way Fa'Rua had never seen her precognitive twin.  "We need to get to the central command station."  she said and shouldered her riffle just in case as they passed into the base itself.  Most doors were sealed and impervious to any tools they had to bypass them.   Those that were not slid open as they arrived and closed behind them.  "Almost like the base is guiding us somewhere."  Jolan remarked bringing his sister up short, "Why do you have to say things you think of Jolan."  she gritted her teeth as she hissed at him unable to shake the feeling of being watched now.  "Lets finish our sweep and get back to the ship."

Deep inside the base they came upon what seemed to be the bases power source.  The shimmering pool gave off no heat but readings indicated an energetic density unimaginable to modern Lor science.  "What in the ..."  Fa'Rua remarked in disbelief as Jolan stared transfixed at the pool, "Pure potentiality." he murmured almost trance like as he stepped closer and reached out, "Don't!"  Fa'Rua ordered and flickered folding space to appear close enough to grab his wrist just as he made contact.  There was a rending sensation of displacement and the twins could for a moment see everywhere, everywhen.  Then there was a comforting warmth, a light, and a voice, We are Empyrean  the voice came from all directions overlapping across time and space, from a place outside of both.  We seek knowing  the formless concepts built into words in their minds.  We would join with you for knowing and share in knowing  the offer was indistinct but the power behind it unimaginable and a part of the twins accepted the offer, secure in an understanding of the meaning they could not explain.

Six Months Later

The Empyrean appeared outside the scout ship floating in space behind the retrieval vessel the depowered stations orbit had failed as it slowly looped toward the sun outside the reach of Lor ships.  The Scout ship had barely been freed before the orbit grew too erratic.  The energy being appeared to the shock of the crew scrambling to battle stations and hailing the entity on all frequencies.  The response code of the lost Scout crew was unexpected but caused the ship to stand down.  When the entity dissipated into Fa'Rua and Jolan in the airlock the captain sent an emergency message to the ministry of colonization and exploration before locking the scouts in the infirmary until they could be retrieved.

The Questionaire!  
Fa'Rua - Infinity
Jolan - Eternity
Empyrean

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
The best pilot in the sector, probably galaxy.
A seeker on the path of celestial knowledge
We are Empyrean, creation given will

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Callsign Infinity
Eternity is the name I took up on setting my feet to the path
We are Empyrean

What is your full birth name?
Fa'Rua Zal Na'ar
Jolan Zal Na'ar
We are Empyrean

Where do you live?
Onboard the starhopper best scout frigate in the corps.
Currently aboard the  Lor Republic Colonial Scout Corps STR-40P3R exploration and patrol frigate
We are native to the Empyrean Realm

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
We exist outside of linear time

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Female
I ascribe to masculine socializations
We are Empyrean

How would you describe your heritage?
Lor spacer
Lor, born outside the gravity well
We are Empyrean

How tall are you?
5'10" in common terran units
5'11" in common terran units
7'3"  when projecting to these mimited dimensions

What is your body type?
Lithe and athletic, my girlfriend says amazonian and blushes so I guess that's a good thing
Healthful, athletic.
Projected cosmic energy

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
None
Not beyond those standard for my race
This projected form is very limited but only due to the constraints of this realm

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
She is beauty, she is grace, you try to touch this she punch you in the face
I try to maintain a demeanor of calm and an anchored presence
On the cosmic winds of ethereal flow

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
Pale complexion, not much chance to tan on station, Violet eyes, Hair dyed in a whit to purple ombre 
Fair, cool undertone, Shaved head, white when unshaved, Pale lavender eyes.
This projection has a 'skin' of iridescent cosmic energy and hair and eyes of the fires of creation manifest

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
Shaved sides long on top combed over one side usually sometimes just tied back when on a long mission.
Clean shorn on head and face.
We project the fires of creation in a semblance of hair feather or crest to the comfort of the observer

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
I do, and my track record when on leave says I'm right
I don't give it particular thought.
We are not concerned with such matters

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
I got drunk and had my first squad number tattooed on me, that was an expensive coverup when they turned out ot be trigger happy pounders
I wear the marks of my ascension along the celestial path, and the marks of mastery on my hands and arms for my training.
This projection is undamaged

Do you resemble anyone famous?
No they resemble me ;)
Not to my knowledge
This projection has been recorded in action and is known to many

Do you have a dominant hand?
You'll have to do better than that to find out how dominant these hands are.
I am right handed but have trained to complete tasks with the left
I do not

What kind of clothing do you wear?
flight suit or scout armor on duty, less on downtime, I clean up good when out for R&R
I maintain my orders ascetic manner of dress unless diplomatic meetings require finer dress in which case I will wear the formal robes of the order.
This projection does not feel cold nor heat clothing is unnecessary

Do you wear makeup?
When I want to yea
I do not.
This projection does not need such things

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I manage to do ok on karaoke night
I project in the deeper registers normally though not so much as to be distinctive
We rarely project pressure waves to communicate, our voice is the cosmic chorus and can be overwhelming for the unfamiliar

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
I am not good at sitting still I like to be doing things, I also am told I have no idea how a chair is supposed to work
I tend to take on a passive posture and remain in still and quite, this can be unnerving to those unfamiliar with my order though I attempt to keep such discomfort to a minimum.
This projection is an ever shifting projection of cosmic power

History

Where do you come from?
A mining station in the Relsys system
I was born on a mining station in the Relsys System but come from the temple of the celestial path
We are Empyrean

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
I left to join the navy and never looked back even when that didn't work out, always forward right?
I left home to train with my order as a toddler.
Projecting to this realm is not so much a move as a limitation

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
I'm loyal to the Republic, it's people, it's government is a mess but hte scout corps is at least trying
I am loyal to my path and the needs of the many, that normally lines up well with the policies of the Republic.
We are the realm Empyrean and the will of the realm there is no distinction between place and will

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
It's too small for me, but it's important, and it helped make me who I am
The temple was a marvel, I miss it.
The Empyrean realm is us as we are it

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Ward nine station twenty three, it was cramped but you knew your neighbors, for good or ill
The temple was huge when I arrived as a child, it shrunk as I grew, but was as a shining pearl of knowledge along the path.
Such temporal and spatial limits are not part of our existence

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
Growing up a mentat was odd, there were one or two in the system on administrative duties related to their talents.  I guess it led me to want to use mine to help too.
Many of the acolytes were mentats with difficult to manage powers.  Our order offers structure needed for such younglings.
We are One

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
I have always been a good pilot, driver, whatever from racing drones in the halls to hoverbikes in the mines to skiffs in the belt.  And I still am.
I have learned many talents in my time with the order but beyond my mentat abilities nothing stands out among my peers.
We are the will of creation

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
I mean Jolan having to leave was rough, we were close, twin close, I dunno it's hard to explain.
Before I came to understand my path I resented leaving my family, I understand now that every step along hte path is needed even the painful ones.
We exist out of time

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
First time my dad let me sit on his lap and run the controls on his skiff, I knew then I needed to fly, and that it wasn't going to be a skill or bulk hauler
When I took my spiritual name and started upon the path, I saw all that could be, a glimpse of the path, it resolved my will to walk the path.
We have always been as we are

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
I am fair certain that we don't have room for that list, suffice to say if I was less amazing I'd probably be dead
I spent much time resenting my gifts for the price they bear.
Time is a construct of those unable to detect that outside it's grasp

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
Normal mining station stuff mostly, till the academy, that was a whole new world, literally
I was trained with the order until adulthood, It was what set my foot on the path
We always seek knowledge

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
Dad gave me the dumb decorative throttle bar I got him from the station shop when I left, I still stick it on any ship I pilot.
I do not, such attachments are but temporal fetters.
We do not have possessions as you understand them

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
When the war started, not so much a hero as a soldier, but that was the first step
I have not, I do as my path dictates.
Heroism as it is known is but a manifestation of the struggle, we have always opposed destruction

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
It is not, not really, but I'm not really one to talk up my time in the service, I'd rather build something than destroy it
It is not.
It is not

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
I mean my service record got me saddled with my little brother as babysitter, I have issues with authority who care (authority, authority cares alot)
I do not
Not in the manner in which you speak

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
I do not, I am what I am and proud of it, I have no time to pretend I'm not
I do not, tough I try not to cause disquiet in those uncomfortable with such.
We do not maintain our projection through these two always when we are not projected to this realm they walk in our stead

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
All the way to the bar to get a stiff drink before I have to hear about it again
Lies of omission at most and even those carry a toll on trust.
This is not duplicity and does not need to be protected

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
I was almost ejected from the Navy, those records are sealed now, but there are people who know and could act on that knowledge
No
We are not bound by such strictures

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
Mom and Dad
Keril and Gar Zal Na'ar
We are beyond biology

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
I was.  It was good years if boring.
I was not, I trained with the Order of the Celestial Path to amster myself and my talents.
We are eternal outside of time as you understand it

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
Everyone knew they could count on Dad if they needed a hand or something fixed on their skiff or quarters, he was a loader, ferrying ore off station to the freighters.  Mom helped out with the kids in the ward, if their parents both worked.
My parents were working class, respected and liked by their peers but of little authority.

Where are your parents now?
Still on station, still in ward nine, they like it there, dad talks about retiring, usually to some colony I help found.  I don't think they'll ever really leave though.
They continue to work on their home colony.  They near retirement age and my find a more pleasant place for their twilight years.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
If only.  We lived in the same cramped corner of hte ward as Jolan and me were born in
My family was stationary.  I left for the order and remained there until this assignment.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
Mom didn't know how to handle me, Dad was indulgent ot a fault probably.  We talk for holidays, but I don't visit as often as I probably should
They were affectionate in word and deed, They are kind people that would have raised me well had they been equipped to do so.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
They kinda always knew how this would turn out.  I think they're glad I'm not in the navy any more, less worry int he scout corps I guess?  even in peacetime.
They look at me and are sad at what was missed, they grieve for what might have been.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Jolan, my stuck up priest, monk, brother.  He's not so bad if boring.
Fa'Rua, she is, unpredictable, which is novel and thrilling in it's own way if frustrating at times.

What was your birth order in the family?
I am the oldest, and those thirty seconds totally count
Fa'Rua is insistent on retaining her title as the elder as meaningless as it may be.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
The minister of exploration saw fit to have him looking over my shoulder, yay...
We are assigned together in our mission of exploration and outreach on the frontier.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
I try to be less in touch but then he starts in on the intercom citing regulations until I talk to him
We have a bond that distance never really eroded as uncomfortable as it makes Fa'rua.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
I used to hat my uncle, he was a sexist jerk that said I shouldn't fly, but he got his wings yanked for drinking on duty so what's he know
I do not.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
I guess my dad?  He always encouraged me even when he and mom were scared
Not in my family no.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Not really, try as I might they are accepting and loving
There is distance there but not in that way.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Mom traces her line back to founding colonists on Relsys, which is not really either
I do not.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
That might be too strong a term for Ash, but she's hot and tough and deserves better than she gets at home.
No

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
Kids might be a bit much, I dunno I don't feel the need but mom says that'll change.  I think she just wants grandbabies.
My order does not attach in such a manner, celibacy is not requisite but children are out of hte question.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Hot, able to hold their own in a fight, not too clingy and willing to travel. 
We do not engage in such within the Order.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Not really, I mean Jolan is always there but that's different he's my twin brother you know?
Fa'Rua though it goes beyond friendship we are bound by the path we walk.
We are, fond, of our hosting entities they understand much.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
I mean kinda?  Ash is a VERY good friend but also more ya know...
Not in the manner of which you speak.
Is this not the same as the prior question?

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Depends how?  Jolan certainly regardless, if he wasn't also missing, Scout corps if we miss too many check ins.  Ashley maybe, But long distance being what it is.. She'd probably think I ditched her, maybe need a dead drop to send out so she knows I didn't just ditch her....
Fa'Rua is probably why I go missing but otherwise she would note the absence, the scout corps and my order if they stop receiving reports.
Were this projection to cease to manifest it would be noted by the hosts and few others.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
I have not, yet, I mean I had hookups in school and the academy, even after but nothing I'd call love
My order does not attach in a way that risks such a loss.
We have seen much lost to the forces of destruction

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Not that I know of?  But like I stepped on some toes in the academy, and after.  They might have a hate on I don't care about?
I do not.
We stand opposed to the forced of destruction that wish to see creation undone

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
They probably would try to get my wings pulled, maybe go pirate on a blood soaked quest for revenge like in the holos?
My path will have struggles but the future is not written.
The enemy will always set about undoing what has been built destroying all in it's madness.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
I thought I'd say the Major that tried to get me kicked out of the Navy but really I'm happier out so maybe that guy that tried to blow me up when I visited Ash?  He was a real jerk.
That is yet to come.
The enemy has many in it's service that thwart our goals across time and space.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Uhm, My crew, the Lor, the Republic, uhm Ash but like that's different.
The Path, Fa'Rua, The Republic.
We are loyal to our cause.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
Jolan.  He may be boring but I can count on him I know it.
Fa'Rua, she is unpredictable but she will answer the call.
We trust ourself

Who or what do you despise? Why?
I mean I'm supposed to say the communion right?  But like that's over, and they were not even really them right?
I despise no one.
The servants of the enemy

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
I guess I admire sticking to it, even when it's hard.  I like to think I do, but I ducked out of the navy when it wasn't what I thought it was so maybe I'm deluded.
I admire the ability to remain objective, I try to maintain such, sometimes I succeed.
The denizens of these realms limited as they are fight with a fervor unmatched against the foe.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Sexists, ain't nobody got time for that.
Hate hurts only the one hold it.
The enemy and it's servants.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
Not really though kinda on earth, Ash and Ju'Deth know.  Also I guess it's not widely known about the Empyrean.
We host the Empyrean entity so are in effect it's secret Identity.
My hosts would qualify though it is not necessary to keep it secret.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I work well on a team but don't deal well with orders, So I guess leader but not out of competence.
I endeavor to do so.
We will work with allies against the enemy, and will lead the efforts

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
Not unless you count me and Jolan?
I am not.
We have lent our power to many allies and serve now with our hosts

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Not much of a joiner.
I am ordained as a Seeker along the celestial path.
Not in the manner you speak though we have been worshipped

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
I don't have many left
The founders of the order who walk the path in the heavens.
This is not our way

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
I used to think the Navy could do no wrong, I was wrong.
Not as of yet.
There are those who falter but such is the way

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
It's exciting, which goes a long way, Helping too is pretty amazing.
The Path has many turns and many steps.  Progress is it's own reward.
It is not a choice it is what we are

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
I mean never say never.  I'm not good with authority to start we're all one bad day away right?
The Path is mysterious that which seems good can be evil.
Never

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Deep frontier exploration and patrol, maybe with a certain terran Liaison.
The next step on the path is the one before you.
We will continue to do as we have always done.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
I do not plan out that far ahead.
The next step on the path is the one before you.
We will continue to do as we have always done.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
One of my more impulsive moves getting someone killed, just gotta hope that I stay a step ahead.
Falling from the path, such a fate wallows in madness lost.
The end of all

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
Many things probably too many things
When the time comes one knows the price.
This is not truly possible.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I was raised poor enough to know money matters.  But also that you only need so much to make it.
Attachment to material things is not the way.
These things are of no consequence

How do you generally treat others?
I mean I can come off cocky and demeaning, but I try not to be mean
With kindness.
Withe curiosity

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Not naturally, I mean I kinda trusted the navy and that didn't go great.
I trust people to do as their path dictates.
We trust those of this realm to act as those of the realm act

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
Outgoing, very confident, due to the being amazing
I am outgoing as is needed by the order and confident in my abilities.
We are always curios about this realm and its denizens

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
Usually, I'm pretty good and getting what I want.  Lately I try to keep that to the one.
As I do around the plain or unavailable.
These biological urges seem to occupy a truly staggering portion of one's faculties.

What are your most annoying habits?
I can be, scattered, this is a problem for more ordered minds
I can seem cold and distant without effort to be warm.
We sometimes violate social norms in our seeking of answers

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Not really.  I mean I don't like bigots, but who does?
I do not, I feel sorrow for those stumbling on their paths.
We do not

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
I like to try new things mostly.
A well crafted bone broth is revitalizing and easy on the digestion.
We do not eat but tasting new things is exciting

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
The one in my hand
Water
Consumption is not our way but we enjoy experiences and learning of new things.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
I recently sampled a spectacular terran dessert and would like another taste
I avoid such excess
We enjoy all new things

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Not really though if I never see another ration pack I'd be ok with it
No.
No

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
Love purples, but pink is starting to grow on me
I do not
We enjoy the full pallet

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
I like anything with a good dance beat or solid uptempo intensity
I enjoy any well crafted music.
We enjoy all music

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Fresh Air.  life on ship or station comes with a lot of breathing air that someone else has already breathed
I do not
We enjoy experiences

Do you have a favorite animal?
Ones that don't bite
I do not
We are fond of the myriad creations of this realm

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
My ship, it's freedom
We learn to let go of physical things.
We do not have possessions

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I do, the rougher the better, for awhile at least
I am not partial to either, what the mission requires will suffice.
This is why we are here is it not?

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Lots of them, anything that grounds me is right out
No
None not in service to the enemy

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
I am not
I am, the path guides me in all things.
We are beyond mere faith

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
not really but my earliest encounters with most of it was Jolan being taken so that might explain the take it or leave it.
My mentor in the order gave me many gifts of knowledge.
We are as we are

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
I attend daily prayers and holidays in the walking of my path.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
When I have to.  And I had to.
I would seek alternatives
Killing serves only the enemy.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
War, not much choice then
The path demands much.
We know death is destruction.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
It's too easy to justify, We need a better way
When all other options have been exhausted
The enemy will sometimes leave no option.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
You don't know until the moment.  It's always terrible
I would be saddened and try to help them heal the wounds of such action.
I would halt such actions.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I'd be pissed and get it back
Such is the impermanence of material goods.
We do not have possessions

How would you react to public humiliation?
I'd have to undo it with awesome
I endeavor not to behave in a shameful manner.
Such things do not matter

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I'd seek justice
I would be saddened their path was at an end.
I would repair the injury

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Genocide? xenocide?  Those are up there.
We have weapons that break worlds, and they have been used.
Crimes in service of hte enemy

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Visit my parents, Visit Ashley, Take ashley to space, Say goodby, Buzz Frankel's tower.
I would prepare myself for the next stage of my journey.
This is not how such things are known

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
 Not really.  Mostly I have natural talent that carries through.
A great deal of training with my order has made me the man I am today.
We have studied as much as we could

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
Me myself and I it's all intuition
My teachers at the order were very helpful.
We have always known what we are capable of

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I have a greater understanding of Terran life and times than most outside Earth
I learned much in the order but nothing not taught to all acolytes.
We do as need be done.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
Scout corps baby
Diplomatic attache to the scout corps.
No

What is your preferred combat style?
Mobile and ranged
Minimally harmful.
Overwhelming force

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
 I have not
No
No

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I think I gotta learn to drive a motorcycle
I am content.
We wish to learn more of this realm and it's denizens.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I watch and learn baby, then show them up
I will observe
We seek knowledge and would seek to understand

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Up in time to relive Jolan at the sensors, put in course corrections and start the days scans
The day begins with centering exercises, interruptions are a frustration.
We do not experience time as you do.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
Racing faster the better
I do not
We do not

What do you do for fun?
Racing faster the better
I do not
We do not

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
I have my scout armor mostly
I do not
We are as we are when projected

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Uniform or something that shows off the abs
simple jumpsuit or robes.
We cease to project our presence into the realm

What do you wear to bed most nights?
As little as possible
comfortable clothing
We do not sleep

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
I do not
I do not
We do not maintain possessions

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
In my bunk?
No I travel light and avoid such entanglements
We do not maintain possessions

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
My ship the star hopper, or my scout armor
whatever is needed
We project ourselves to where we are needed.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
I have not but it occurs to me I should at least ensure Ashley knows ...
I have, any positions or legal holdings go to the Order.
No

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Navy and Scout corps Pilots are chipped
Not likely
We could remake the projection

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
I'd like to be remembered as the best
I would like to be remembered well by those left behind

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
Not in general
If out of control perhaps.
We are capable but unwilling

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
I do what needs to be done
I follow the path
Mastery of the power cosmic

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
I'm not good with authority
I can be, hesitant.
Our power in this realm is limited to the projection we manifest

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Fa'Rua needs to slow down and think before acting.  Jolan needs to be open to more urgency.  Empyrean needs to understand that limited is not lesser.