Reptile Brain OOC

Thevshi

Well, Fearmaster finally gets to do something!

He will pick his sorry self up off the ground and then hit Artificer with a Stun effect (rank 5). It is a perception range attack, so auto-hits. A DC 15 Wills save against the Stun for Artificer.

This brings up:

Round Six

28 Veronica Danger (unharmed) 4 HP

20 Ms. Thursday (unharmed) 4 HP

17 Octoman (unharmed, slowed) 4 HP

14 Chelone (unharmed, fatigued) 3 HP

12 Thunderbird (unharmed) 5 HP (Has Rank 10 Turtle Sell around him)

11 Goanna (bruised 2)

9 Rhinoceros (bruised 3, calmed)  

8 Artificer (unharmed, fatigued) 0 HP (Will save vs Stun effect pending)

6 Fearmaster II (unharmed)

Veronica's Gem Variable Pool: AF: Ranged 2; AF: Melee 2; Acrobatics 8 (up to +19)

Veronica's Magic Pool:

1) Immunity: Fear (Extras: range to touch (+1), Burst Area (+1); Feats: Progression: Area +4 (125’ radius burst) [7 PP]

2) Blast 9 [18 PP]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veronica is going to move up around behind Artificer so she can see around the ice wall and blast Fearmaster. She gets a 17 on the first roll, so I will use one of her HP to reroll, getting a 24 this time, which hits Fearmaster.

He has a DC 24 toughness save and gets a 11, yeah, will reroll (HP back to Veronica), getting a 15, but with the reroll that becomes a 25, so he is fine.

Ms. Thursday is up! @Cubismo

Not sure where Ms. Thursday would in relation to what side of Artificer's wall she would be on, but assuming she's on Goanna's side she's going teleport into Touch range with him, attack and immediately teleport back to where she was. 

Move Action: Using Teleport on Powers of Porrklubba Array to get into Touch range with Goanna.

Free Action:  Swapping to Strike + Dazzle on the Array. 

Standard Action: Attacking Goanna using All-Out and Power Attack on the linked Strike + Dazzle. Got a 17 so I'll burn a HP to re-roll into a 21. That's 32 Tough for the Strike and a 20 Ref for the initial Dazzle Auditory and 20 Fort for any subsequent attempts at recovering. 

Move Action: Using Turnabout on Teleport to trans-locate back to original position. 

Ending Conditions: Ms. Thursday is at 3 Defense. 

@Cubismo Cube, there is one problem. The last time Astrid used Porrklubba she had it on the Strike+Dazzle already (to strike the Rhino). So you cannot teleport without using the one array switch to change to that. If you want to fly over and hit him (she is on the opposite side of the ice wall in any event, I should probably do one of my maps here soon :D )

Whoops!

Well with that being the case I suppose I'll use Extra Effort to surge for another move action so I can teleport out of the away after attacking Goanna with Strike. So things should now play out as so: 

Move Action: Using Flight on Device to get into Touch range with Goanna.

Standard Action: Attacking Goanna using All-Out and Power Attack on the linked Strike + Dazzle. Got a 17 so I'll burn a HP to re-roll into a 21. That's 32 Tough for the Strike and a 20 Ref for the initial Dazzle Auditory and 20 Fort for any subsequent attempts at recovering. 

Free Action:  Switching to Teleport on the Array. 

(Extra Effort) Move Action: Using Extra Effort surge to Teleport to about 500 Ft away from Goanna. 

Ending Conditions: Ms. Thursday is at 3 Defense and is fatigued. 

I'll make the edits in the IC. 

I just realized that Octoman has Immunity to poison, so Goanna's venom doesn't affect him. Unless you want to give him a Hero Point and override that Immunity in this instance?

Octoman (2HP)

Move Action: Move to touch-range with Fear-Master, in front of Artificer.

Free Action: Swap Octopus Power array to Paralyze.

Standard Action: Attack Fear-Master with the Paralyze effect.

All-Out Attack for +2 Attack / -2 Defense, +10 Attack.

Attack roll: 14. Ugh. That doesn't even hit his flat-footed Defense.

Reaction: Burn a Hero Point for a re-roll.

Attack roll (HP re-roll): 28. That's an 18 on the die, which is a critical for this attack.

That's a DC23 Fortitude save against Paralyze for Fear-Master.

Edited by Grumblefloof

Ah, missed that, nah, we will just go with it not effect him (I will correct my tracker).

As for a feint, your move action would need to be to move somewhere that you can target Fearmaster II, as the ice wall is between you and him currently (Artificer is standing at one end of the wall, so exposed to Fearmaster II).

So I burn an HP to avoid Fatigue.

Free Action: All Out Attack 5 (Defense Bonus is now +9, Attack is +13), and Power Attack 5 (DC for Lightning is now 32, Attack back to +8)

Move Action: Move laterally to get a better shot at Fear Master. Staying 60 feet in the air. 

Standard Action: Ranged attack with Lightning. 14. Gonna use an HP to reroll (if 14 somehow hits, ignore). 17, which becomes 27 with reroll (9 becomes 19). DC 32 Toughness Save. 

Okay, Goanna is going to move over to where Octoman is and just attack him, getting a 14 on his attack roll so he misses badly.

Artificer is still dazed, but on what would have been Fearmaster’s turn gets another Will save against DC 15, with a +1 this time. @Dr Archeville

This brings up:

Round Seven

28 Veronica Danger (unharmed) 4 HP

20 Ms. Thursday (unharmed) 3 HP

17 Octoman (unharmed) 4 HP

14 Chelone (unharmed, fatigued) 3 HP

12 Thunderbird (unharmed) 4 HP (Has Rank 10 Turtle Sell around him)

11 Goanna (bruised 2)

9 Rhinoceros (bruised 3, calmed)  

8 Artificer (unharmed) 0 HP

Veronica’s Gem Variable Pool: AF: Ranged 2; AF: Melee 2; Acrobatics 8 (up to +19)

Veronica Magic Pool:

1) Immunity: Fear (Extras: range to touch (+1), Burst Area (+1); Feats: Progression: Area +4 (125’ radius burst) [7 PP]

2) Blast 9 [18 PP]

Reaction: Sacrificing another HP to remove Fatigue condition.

Move Action: Using Flight on Porrklubba Device to move around 420 Ft. closer to Goanna. 

Reaction: Spending another HP add Snare 8 (Feats: Accurate 2, Improved Critical 1 [19-20], Precise Shot 1) onto the Powers of Porrklubba Array.

Free Action:  Switching from Teleport to the new Snare Power on the Array. 

Standard Action: Attacking Goanna: 1d20+12 27 using All-Out and Power Attack on the Snare. That's a 23 Ref for the Snare.

Ending Conditions:  Ms. Thursday's Defense is now at 3.

Octoman (1HP)

Move Action: Octoman Feints Goanna.

He takes the -5 to do it as a move action and takes 10 with Skill Mastery to get a total of 22.

If Goanna loses, he's flat-footed against Octoman's next attack.

Free Action: Switch the Octopus Power array back to the Dazzle effect.

Standard Action: Octoman sprays ink at Goanna.

He'll All-Out Attack for +2 Attack / -2 Defense and Power Attack for -2 Attack / +2 Damage.

Attack roll: 12.

I don't think that hits even Goanna's flat-footed Defense. But if it does (he's Entangled, maybe that closes the gap?), then it's a DC20 Reflex save, or else Goanna is Blind and olfactorily dazzled.