Vibora Bay: Even The Mere Reports Of Such (OOC)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules clarification, in case this isn't a handwavey custom type thing:

If this is a Snare effect like I suspected, then the DC22 Reflex save only comes when he's first trying to avoid it.

After that, his only options are:

1) Slipping out with an Escape skill check (full action, DC rank+20, so 32?),

or

2) An attack (which the victim can do with their Strength as a standard action) against the Snare itself, which saves "like an inanimate object with Toughness equal to the power rank" (so Toughness 12, takes 10, 22 on the save?).

If it's consistent with the other damage rules for inanimate objects, then the Snare would have to suffer at least a Disabled result (fail by 10+) to be broken open and release the victim.

And if this is also an +Engulf Snare like I suspected, then the Snare is part of the creature's body, so they suffer the same damage he inflicts upon the Snare. So if an attacker manages to Daze the monster, I believe it can't take the free action to maintain the Sustained power, and it loses its grip. (The Engulf extra specifies that "you suffer Feedback damage", so it sounds to me like it still treats the Snare as a separate inanimate object, rather than an attack on the Snare being a "direct" attack on you.)

Alright, Cheval will try to use his Drain Strike against the thing, if that's possible in his current situation. So that's a Drain Toughness at DC22 Fortitude, and a DC27 Strength effect with Vampiric against the Snare.

Still a bit out of it from my way too much overtime, do I need to make any rolls?

Edited by RocketLord

I'm so behind in this! Should I just lay low and let the pros take care of the problem, or can I realistically justify Torque leaping into action?

@Heritage You seem to have a lot of options. AA's kept the narration intentionally vague.

If you go back to the first OOC page, you can see where AA called for a Notice check to find Woodsman's bike outside. You could start by rolling that.

If she found Woodsman's bike, then maybe she kept searching around outside?

Torque could've been behind Cheval and Persephone in her human form the whole time, following them up the stairs and into the bedroom where the monster was.

Or she could have taken time to search around outside and she could only now be catching up to them.

Maybe she walked up the stairs in her human form and she's standing right behind them.

Or maybe she was in her helicopter form flying around the outside of the house and she just reached the second-floor window that would allow her to see in on the bedroom where the fight took place, and her headlights are only now shining through the broken glass. Maybe she flies toward the window and then changes into her humanoid form so that the flight becomes a leap and she comes crashing into the room from outside.

If she was outside, then she could see the plants enlarge and morph into giant spiked plant-tentacles and she could see which window they busted through, so she'd know pretty quickly where the fight was happening.

Persephone swaps her Plant Control array over to the Emotion Control AP.

She chooses "Hope," which counters Despair and Fear, and she doses The Woodsman with it.

It's Indirect and Subtle, so he may not pick up on it and it may catch him flat-footed.

If he wants to avoid it, here's her attack roll: 22, and if she hits and he wants to resist, it's a DC20 Will save.

If there's an existing Despair or Fear based power effect she needs to counter, then here's her power check: 15.

• 2 weeks later...

Persephone's now got her Impervious Toughness and Light effects up, but not her Flight effect.

She uses Extra Effort to power stunt a temporary Alternate Power feat on her Plant Control array:

Damage 10 (Extras: Autofire, Range [Ranged, 10 100ft Increments, 1,000ft Max]; Flaws: Action [Full]; Feats: Accurate 3, Improved Critical 2, Indirect 3, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Piercing, and/or Slashing Damage]) [30PP]

She'll use it to attack the face on the wall.

If she needs an attack roll, then she'll All-Out Attack for +2 Attack / -2 Defense and Power Attack for -2 Attack / +2 Damage, getting a 12 and then burning a Hero Point to re-roll and get a 29, and if that hits, provoking a DC27 Toughness save (plus any applicable Autofire bonuses).

If she didn't need an attack roll to hit the wall, then the tradeoff feats don't apply, the Toughness save is DC25, and she didn't need to spend the HP.

All of that is free actions except for the full action to use the Damage effect.