The Meta-Naut

20Q/The Interview

Raya Wells did not know where she was. Up until a few minutes ago, she had been in her living room, lazily munching on a bowl of caramel corn as she watched the latest episode of She-Ra, but now she was in some strange, white room with only a desk and two chairs in the middle. The light above her artificial and antiseptic, though she could not actually find the source.

Before she could get too panicked, the walls suddenly split open, revealing a young man in what appeared to be a silver jumpsuit. He took his seat at the table, and smiled at her as he set what looked like a black pen on the table.

“Hello,” he said. “I’m Xander Krane, and I’m a superhero historian. I imagine you’re confused, but there is no need for alarm. I am merely here to conduct an interview for historical records. You are the Meta-Naut, yes?”

Raya nodded slowly, getting to her feet. Compared to this guy, she felt under-dressed, wearing gym-shorts and a tank-top. “Uh… Okay. Interview. What?”

“Oh, yes,” Xander said, pressing a button on the pen. “We are collecting information on the heroes of the past, and want a more accurate picture. Please, this won’t take long. Just take a seat and we can begin.”

Raya stared for a moment, and considered telling him where he could shove it, but in the end decided that she really just wanted to get back to her show. So, she obliged, taking the seat across from Xander and folding her hands in front of her.

“Alright,” Xander said in a soothing tone. “Let’s begin.”

To start us off, where are you from? That is… Where were you born?

Uh… I was born in Miami, Florida, in the USA. I lived there until I was about 5, and then I got sent to another dimension and enslaved by dinosaurs.

Oh, how terrible. You have my condolences. It must have been difficult to be separated from your family so young. Were you close?

Oh, yeah, we’re close. Um, when I got back from the Dinosaur Dimension I worked hard to try and fix that relationship. So, I have lots of dinners with my mom and I sometimes take my dad and brother out to sports stuff.

I’m glad you found a way to fix things. Was your family the motivation to enter the world of superheroics?

Uhhh… Sort of? You could say that. I started travelling dimensions and through time on my own to try and mend the damage that had been done, and I sort of fell into helping people. I don’t really think of myself as a superhero, more of an adventurer.

But you do help people and fight villains, yes? If you don’t consider yourself a superhero, why would you do that?

Ah, crap, I don’t know. I guess I just don’t like seeing innocent people get hurt or pushed around. So if I see that, and I’m out doing adventuring stuff I figure I might as well help, you know? I mean, if I don’t, who will? Could be nobody. I don’t think I could live with that.

That sounds fairly heroic to me. But if you say you’re an adventurer and not a superhero, that’s up to you. But what motivates you to adventure, then?

I mean, it’s travelling. Why does anyone travel? To expand my horizons, to feel free and get away from all my other responsibilities for a while, and just be somewhere else and see sights no one else has seen.

‘To get away from your responsibilities’. What sort of responsibilities were you getting away from?

Well, the big one is Compass Rose International, it’s the company I’m CEO of. It’s involved in space tech. Satellites, rocketry, stuff like that. Like, I like doing it and believe in what they’re doing but it’s stressful and I like to get away from it sometimes. And also… There’s family stuff. I love my family, but my disappearance caused a lot of damage that I think has left these scars that’ll… They’re not going to be fully fixed, ever, really.

I see. That could be quite stressful, yes. Do you do anything else to relieve stress? Any hobbies beyond adventuring?

Yeah, of course. My big one is cartoons. I really, really love cartoons. I also like swimming, baths… I collect My Little Pony stuff. Uh. My Little Pony is this cartoon franchise for little girls. It’s… They’re like these multi-coloured horses and some of them have these magic powers and they’re really into friendship.

Cartoons. I understand in your time those were seen as something juvenile. Did it not concern you how people would perceive you?

I mean, no, not really. I like what I like and people can shove it. Like, okay, yeah, sure it’s for kids but I didn’t really get to have a childhood so I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to judge me unless they want to try and be enslaved by insane dinosaurs for 12 years and see how weird they end up. Spoiler: Liking cartoons for little girls is probably not the weirdest thing you could pick up in that situation.

Little girls… Speaking of, in my records I have your preferred gender listed as ‘other’. I understand that too was frowned upon some in your time. Would you like to talk about that?

Ah, jeez, that becomes public? Okay, fine, yes. I identify as gender-fluid. Most days I feel like a woman, and some days I don’t. When you have a device that can change your body, you’re able to explore parts of yourself that you might not have otherwise. Unfortunately, in my time there are people who are jerks and aren’t cool with that and I don’t really want to deal with it.

So you do care to some extent about how others perceive you.

Yeah, okay, fine, you caught me. Look, I want people to like me just like anyone else does, and some aspects about me… can get in the way. I don’t like it, but that’s how it is.

I sense you are becoming agitated, and I apologize if my questions have been the cause of that. Let us move onto something lighter. What is your greatest ambition, your dream?

My dream? My dream… I don’t know, honestly. I don’t really think about long-term stuff like that. Life’s so short, I’m trying to enjoy what’s in the now, instead. Look, I’m lucky in a lot of ways other people aren’t. I have a lot of money. Too much money, and that means I don’t have to think about ‘some day’ getting what I want. I can get it practically whenever. I want to take a cruise? I don’t have to save. I can just do it. Want a new outfit? Can call up a guy and have it made super fast.

You almost sound bothered by your wealth. Why is that?

I mean, I’m not blind. I see there’s a lot of people around me who don’t have a lot and I wonder if they might have more if people like me weren’t around. But… I can’t go back to what it was like the Dinosaur Dimension. I need that security. And… I try to help people with the stuff I got, I really do. But… I’m at the stage where even if I wanted to get rid of all my wealth, I’d just go back to being rich real quick. So I do what good I can with it, and yeah, sure, I get to enjoy the benefits, too.

I’m not here to judge you, only to understand you, Ms. Wells. Tell me, if you really could change any of this, who you were and who you are, would you?

No! Absolutely not. Look, I got a raw deal in some areas, but like I said, I’m super lucky. And besides… I’ve seen enough alternate timelines to know that you’re never just changing one thing. Everything ripples. I don’t think I could deal with losing the friends I’ve made, the relationships I’ve built.

Friends? What sort of friends?

Well, the first one that comes to mind is this kid called Rebellion. He’s pretty serious, and he’s got this dark and brooding thing going on, but he’s a good guy on the inside and I really enjoy working with him. I don’t think he’d like Raya, but he’s always been good to the Meta-Naut…

Well, what about relationships?

No, I don’t… I’m not seeing anyone at the moment. I make my attempts, but I’m not like… in a super great place for anything permanent, and I don’t know if I’m committed to the whole ‘monogamy’ thing and there’s a lot of people who aren’t jazzed about that idea. Maybe some day.

What about the reverse? Do you have any enemies?

Oh, God, so many. Of course there’s the Dinosaur King, who is like this… T-Rex who is also a Nazi? Well, not a Nazi. More like Mussolini. But like, yeah. He’s the guy behind the whole “slave to dinosaurs” thing. And then you have Captain Crime, who’s more a pain in my butt than anything but he does keep coming back… Then you have Bad, Bad Baboon who is this… monkey crime boss from another dimension… Uh… Oh, and Sergey Killimov, who is this evil business dude who’s like Compass Rose’s rival. OH! OH! And evil me. From the evil dimension.

You seem to have a lot of enemies, yes. Does that scare you?

Ah, nah. I’m the Mighty Meta-Naut, baby. They’re not going to take me down because I’m ready for them.

Then what does scare you?

…You’re going to laugh. But I’m afraid of the deep ocean. I have been so many places, but the ocean freaks me out more than anywhere I’ve been, even more than space or the Dimension of Unrelenting Torment or the 1970s.

Do meta-humans or aliens scare you at all? Their presence on Earth?

Pffffft. Dude, no. Do you know how many versions of Earth I’ve been to where humanity never evolved and instead the world’s ruled by like… hyper-intelligent amoebas? Or clowns? They’re all people, and people aren’t that scary.  

Very good. One final question for you, Ms. Wells. How would you like the people of the future to perceive you?

I’d like to be remembered fondly, I think everyone does. But, you know, I’ve been to the future. Not this specific time, but… yeah. But I’ve never been brave enough to check out what people do think of me. I’m kind of glad I’m remembered enough that you brought me here because it means people do remember me in some way… Yeah.

With that, Xander turned off the little pen, and smiled at Raya. “Thank you, Ms. Wells, this has been very enlightening. I shall return you to your own time now, and then file this interview away. You have been very helpful.”

Raya nodded, and rubbed her arm. “So how do people remember?”

Xander wagged his finger. “Ah, ah… Mm, well, you can just travel to the future to find out, but I’m not supposed to tell you. If you weren’t going to do it on your own, you might change things. Anyway, I shall send you back to right where you were.”

There was a blinding flash, and suddenly, Raya was back where she was sitting, holding her popcorn in her hands. “…Huh,” she said to herself, and then picked up the remote and restarted her show.

HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am Raya Wells, AKA the Meta-Naut, a woman who adventures through dimensions and across time!

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I mean, most people call me Raya, my mom calls me Ray-Ray sometimes and my Communications director calls me Wells.

What is your full birth name?

Officially, it’s Raya Wells, but it’s actually Rosana Carvalho. Long story.

Where do you live?

Emerald City, Oregon, baby.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Okay so this is a little weird. I am 24 years old, but thanks to some time-dimensional weirdness, I was born in 2008. I spent a lot of time in another dimension where the rules of time are different. About 12 years by my perception.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I am female-presenting most of the time, but I identify as genderfluid. Sometimes I am male-presenting and sometimes I am neuter.

How would you describe your heritage?

Like a lot of Brazilians, I am mixed. I am predominantly Afro-Brazilian and Atikum (a native tribe in Brazil), but I also have a lot of Portuguese in there too.

How tall are you?

5’10”, and proud of it.

What is your body type?

Tall and skinny, some curves here and there. I don’t have a lot of muscle or anything but I think I look good.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Nope, I am super lucky. No allergies, no disabilities.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I’d say I got a pretty powerful stride. Square shoulders, stand up straight, little hip wiggle.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Brown, brown and black, my friend. I guess if you wanna be really specific… Bronze-ish skin and like… oaky brown eyes? And I don’t know what else to say about my hair colour. Black. Just black.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

One side shaved into laser lines while the rest droops over onto the other side. And no, facial hair is gross. Even when I am in guy mode.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Pfft, yeah. Of course. I’ve left a string of broken hearts all over, and don’t let nobody tell you they broke up with me.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I occasionally pierce my ears but I do not have any tattoos. Scars? A few on my hands from working with machinery, as for birth marks… They faded when I was a kid.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No, I don’t think so.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Like many geniuses, I am left-handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Stuff that catches your attention. If it’s bright and flashy, I’m usually into it. I favour uh like pant-suits and stuff but like anything that cuts a sleek line. I really like neon colours like pink or green or purple, but it’s not a hard and fast rule. Sometimes I have to go more muted for business stuff but not always. When I’m relaxing, it’s stretch pants and a loose sweatshirt though.

Do you wear makeup?

Of course, and I’m real good at it too. Love golds and pinks… Winged eyeliner, naturally.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Uh… Hmn. I guess I’m a… contralto? Somewhere between that and mezzo-soprano. I’ve heard people call it warm. Some people complain about vocal fry but they’re old white dudes and I super don’t care!

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I like to run my fingers through my hair, sometimes I run my fingers down the bridge of my nose, and occasionally I’ll pop my cheeks when I’m thinking. Yeah, some people call that annoying but uh… You know, I don’t want to change for them.

History

Where do you come from?

Born in Miami, Florida to two Brazilian parents. Mom’s family had been in for a few generations but dad was first generation.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Oh, yeah. I’m living across the continent now, up in the Emerald Cities. Before that I was temporarily enslaved by dinosaurs in another dimension, which is probably a big move?

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Ah, so… The US has a lot of good points. It’s multicultural, it’s allowed me and my family to prosper… But like, I’m a dimensional traveler and I’ve been to better? Like the reason I don’t up and move is that I do feel some level of loyalty to this place but there are plenty of worlds where the USA doesn’t exist and the average quality of life just… blows everything here out of the water, and there are ones where the USA is just better than it is here. But this USA, the one that I’m living in now, is the one I was born in and it’s the one that’s done the most for me. So… I don’t know. Yeah, I guess I am loyal. Helps the government and I have an understanding.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

Miami? It’s great. I sometimes fly down to get cubanos and it really does feel like almost another country sometimes. It’s a really great city.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I am Brazilian-American and part black. In Miami, that’s not that weird. In the Dinosaur Dimension, I was the only human and that has done irreparable damage to my psyche. In the greater USA, yeah, sure, I get the occasional weird comment.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I’ve always been really good at being super cool. No, ah, I’ve always been pretty good with tech, and that’s probably why I am where I am. I’m also decent with people and I have a good way of remembering historical dates which helps a lot of my adventuring.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

At five years old, I accidentally teleported myself to another dimension in which dinosaurs had never gone extinct, and were also fascists. They enslaved me for 12 years. I’d say that was pretty traumatic.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Gonna go ahead and just refer you to the previous answer.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

So that dinosaur thing? Entirely my fault. Mom had a dimensional transporter, and I wanted to meet Twilight Sparkle. I randomly punched in a bunch of stuff I don’t remember, and then voluntarily transported myself.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I did not go to school. My teacher was a pterodactyl scientist who was also a secret rebel against the fascist government. I did not enjoy it.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Hahahahahahaha. No. Absolutely not. Because I was enslaved.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I’ve never really considered myself a hero, any good I do I feel is mostly incidental. Like, okay, I’ll step in if someone’s threatening someone or doing something dangerous and all that but that’s not really heroic? I’m in this for fun.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I don’t really justify myself to people.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Technically guilty of patent fraud and the United Government is complicit. Except no one can really claim the patents because they’re from the future and other dimensions so I’m probably safe.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I mean, yeah, I probably portray myself as more together than I am, and that’s because I really don’t want people… budging in and being all condescending.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Well, the big thing is that they might harass my family and make life more difficult for them. I don’t really care about what happens to me, I can easily just bug out to another dimension, but my family? That’s another story. I won’t kill anyone but I will totally use my powers to make your life miserable if you mess with me, too. I can find out secrets too.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Technically, I am guilty of an illegal border crossing. However, this is in another dimension run by evil dinosaurs so probably not a problem. And no, it’s not public knowledge because who would believe that?

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Beatriz and Hugo.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

For the first five years of my life, yes. After that, I was raised by a Pterodactyl named Ptu, who was a scientist who took care of me when I accidentally sent myself to his dimension. Good guy. I miss him.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My birth parents were pretty well to do, as befits a scientist and an actuary, and they were pretty well liked. Ptu was… very isolated. He hated the government and people tended to give him a wide berth. He was also a scientist, specifically a theoretical physicist and engineer.

Where are your parents now?

Mom is working at a classified location while dad is living here in the Emerald Cities! I don’t know where Ptu is.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Well, following my return, my mom has been moved around a lot by the USG, while dad simply followed me. Ptu… He stayed in one place. Dinosaur King City.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

We get along pretty well. Both like to make up the time they lost, I do think they prefer to treat me as the kid I would have been if the problem hadn’t happened, but I love them both very much.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

That’s… difficult. There’s a lot of regret, there, I think. Their kid grew up without them, that’s got to be painful. But they are proud of me, I know that.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Enzo! He’s pretty annoyed that I am older than him now despite being born after him. He’s a little turd but I love him. He can be a pain but he means well and we play video games every so often.

What was your birth order in the family?

I am the second and last child.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Enzo is living with dad, and he is 13, so he is not having any kids any time soon. I hope.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

We talk. He’s kind of in his own tween world so… Like there’s not much to talk about but it’s there.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

Raya Wells does not play favourites.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

I think every family member is equally special to me. Like I said, I don’t play favourites, especially since I got separated from them for so long.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

So, because of the nature of my mom’s work and all the shakeups that my disappearance caused, I am not really in touch with anyone but my immediate family, so if there are black sheep I don’t know about them.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Dad says we’re related to Emperor Max. I doubt it. I think we’re mostly just descended from peasants or whatever.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I do not. Maybe one day.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I’m not opposed to a partner, but children is probably a no-go. I am not the mom-type because I am psychologically damaged and that probably would, you know, inhibit my parenting skills. And I’m pretty goddamn firm.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Pretty and able to put up with the mess that is me.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I guess I have Rebellion, sort of? We’re work friends. We don’t know each other’s secret identities but you know, we work well together. Also Justice. She’s like this tech hero. Really cool.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Raya Wells does not play favourites.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Lots of people. I’m the CEO of a fairly large company and my parents would definitely freak at losing me again. So would my brother, and I’d like to think Reb or Justice would look for me.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Lost how? Because I’ve had a lot of breakups. Usually with the line “I’m your boyfriend/girlfriend, not your babysitter”. Which, you know. Hide in my room for a couple days drinking a lot and consuming pizza. No one’s died.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Well, I have the Dinosaur King. He’s like Mussolini but a T-Rex? He enslaved me and had my mentor arrested. Also probably wants my badge. There’s also Evil Me. She’s an interdimensional arms dealer and she hates my guts for reasons I don’t know because I really don’t care about her at all.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Probably just straight up planning to kill me honestly. None of them are particularly smart aside from my evil doppelganger.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Enslaved me.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Loyalties are for suckers. But… Probably my family first, then my friends, then my company… Then, I don’t know.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I really don’t know how to answer this question. I guess I trust me the most. It’s hard to form normal relationships when you-- No, you know what? My mommmy. She’s a good lady and she’s always there for me and she gives the best hugs.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

The Dinosaur King. Because he enslaved me.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Intelligence is perhaps the trait I admire most. The ability to solve problems seamlessly with just your mind is perhaps one of the greatest qualities you can possess. And yeah, I’m pretty smart, but there are plenty of people who are smarter.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Being a jerk, mostly. Like, there’s no reason to be rude when no one’s provoked you. And maybe sometimes? But I don’t think I’m particularly rude to people who weren’t rude to me first.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I do! My parents, my brother, and this lady I’m seeing named Moira all know it. Otherwise, I hide it because it would probably damage my company’s stock value to know I regularly risk my life. Also I don’t like the press snooping into my life.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I work fine with teams, not that I’ve been on many. I’m definitely more a leader though. I like things done my way.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I am not.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I am a registered member of the Democratic Party, and I pretty regularly donate to candidates I agree with. I don’t spend too much time.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My mom and my dad, really. Professor Ptu, too. Look, I’ve traveled through time enough to know that most people are pretty flawed, and a lot of people we normally look up to were pretty bad, actually. So I look up to the people close to me.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

I did find out George Washington was super racist when I met him. Did not take well to a WOC trying to talk to him. That sucked. Also just generally a very mean person. Like, to everyone. He made the serving girl cry.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Again, I don’t think of myself as a hero. I’m an adventurer. But sure, I get the warm fuzzies when I do help people, yeah. Probably why I do it so much.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Sure, debilitating injury. I would never turn evil, I don’t think. That’s for chumps.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I’m rich. Very rich. Most of my “short term goals” are resolved within a matter of minutes.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I really don’t know. Would it surprise you to know I don’t really think that far ahead? I really have everything I want. I guess… maybe having repaired my family a little more? I don’t know. This is a terrible question for me.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

It’s the deep ocean. It’s being trapped in the deep ocean. I don’t know how someone would trigger this, but if they did, I would kick them square in the jewels. Repeatedly.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Plenty of things. My family, to avoid being retaken by the Dinosaur King, to stop the spread of fascism here… Yeah, plenty of stuff.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Look, I’m one of the richest human beings on Earth. I’m not super comfortable with it, but it’s there. I love to share, I spread the love around where I can, but it’s very hard to get rid of. As for what it is to me, it is a way for me to give my family what it deserves and to do the same for others.

How do you generally treat others?

I like to think I treat others well. As long as they treat me well. If they don’t, I’ll make them wish they did. You can bet your butt on that.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I am trusting to people who have earned it. And yes, my trust has been abused. I have had secrets given up by exes who I thought were mature enough not to do something like that but hey! Look at me being stupid. People are awful sometimes.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I ooze self-confidence, and I love hanging out with people. Definite extrovert. Most of the time. Sometimes, I do like to retreat and be away from people so I can just gather my thoughts.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Smoothly.

What are your most annoying habits?

I pick my nose. There, I said it. Also, I leave wet towels on the floor. Oh, and I throw tantrums when plans change suddenly.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Fascists, and because they want me dead.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

My favourite food is my mother’s Feijoada. It’s a Brazilian dish. And I tend to like all sorts of food. Spicy especially. Shamefully, I do act like a freakin’ hoover when I eat food. It’s a learned habit.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Dry rose champagne. Also really into cherry coke.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Cheesecake. New York Style.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Shamefully, most veggies. Most dinosaurs eat meat, and I had to follow along with their diet, and it’s… yeah.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Baby blue, and I love all colours.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Favourite music is rap and hip hop. Really into Childish Gambino, but I love all sorts of stuff. Don’t really hate anything, love all music really.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Really into ocean scents. That sort of salty, briney thing? Yeah, really dig that.

Do you have a favorite animal?

My favourite animals are my two dogs, Dre and Diddy. Dogs in general, really.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

Probably my power badge. It’s literally irreplaceable and it’s one of the only things I have to remember Professor Ptu by.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Oh, **** roughing it. Give me a spa any day.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Sewage Treatment Plant Worker.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

I’ve met enough gods to know most of them are just high on their own supply, and honestly so dysfunctional they should probably be worshiping us instead.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Yes. I’ve met Gods, some are more active in other dimensions than others, and honestly, it’s usually

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes, I probably could. I haven’t, but if I were in a war situation or I really had to defend myself and it was kill or be killed, then yes. I would do it. Same if I had to protect my family.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

One of the big things is that I’ve met enough divine sources to be pretty confident there’s an afterlife, which does blunt the blow a bit. That’s not saying I’d do it readily. But if I felt I really, really had to do? Like to save a lot of people, like a country or something? Like if someone had their finger on the button that’d fire a nuke? Yeah, I’d do it.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Yes.  Usually if it’s a life-or-death situation. I’m probably more permissive of other people than myself, but if it’s the choice between one murderous nut and a whole load of people, sorry, I’m going to make that choice. Not going to feel great about it, but I’ll do it.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I don’t really know. There are so many contextual factors that I can’t give you a proper answer. It’d really depend on what was happening in that moment.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

This is a source of anxiety for me and I would appreciate if you refrained from such questions in the future.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Revenge. Specifically, humiliating the offending person back.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Revenge. And yes. I haven’t forgotten about who did it, either. Coming for you, Dinosaur King.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

This has been pretty nice so far, and I don’t want to get into it. It’s probably what you think it is. It’s the answer most people would have.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

1. Find a cure. 2. Have a party because I found that cure. 3. Continue partying. 4. Go on with life. 5. Have another party.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Not really? Well, the tech management is kind of unique? I know how to work a badge made in another dimension with nothing else like it. I learned it from studying under the guy who made it, in the Dinosaur Dimension.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

I learned on my own, really. The person who would have taught me was captured before he could really impart any wisdom.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I don’t think any of my skills are particularly unusual, outside of my powers.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I am the CEO of a space-tech company, which technically is actually not what earns me most of my money. I sometimes go to other dimensions and… take technologies that won’t be invented here but aren’t too world changing and then patent them.

What is your preferred combat style?

Ranged! I do not like getting punched in the face, so if I can be as far away from the people doing the punching as possible, then good.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

A few, mostly for philanthropy. Nothing athletic or anything like that. I was one of the 30 under 30, which I did not consent to.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Honestly? I’d like to learn Portuguese. I lost it when I went to the Dinosaur Dimension, and I’d like to get it back. Also, would really like to learn how to paint. I’ve seen some crazy stuff and it’d be great to immortalize it. As for what I can’t do… Um… Terrible singer, honestly. Bugs me.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Appreciative, honestly! I think it’s really cool people are so good at things. When you’re in my field, you meet people who are better than you all the time, so I think you should just try and learn what you can.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Honestly, it’s pretty loose. Usually I wake up at around 7 am or so, go into the office for a bit, then I have a meeting or two, then I’m usually free to do whatever I like. Normally that’s just checking up on projects and maybe bringing a few groups donuts something, sometimes it’s a long business lunch. If I don’t have business lunches, I usually just skip it so I just eat breakfast and dinner. When I get home, it’s cartoons and dinner.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Hobbies. That’s a hard one. Watching movies, TV. Do those count as hobbies?

What do you do for fun?

Adventure, obviously. Visiting other dimensions and time periods is probably the best thing I could ever do to have fun.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Not like a strict one, but I do have elements. If I need to cover my face for secret identity reasons, then I wear this chrome pilot’s helmet, complete with visor. I also have this snazzy white jacket with black lightning bolts. Sometimes I go full fancy and have red and blue tights! But often it’s only one or two of those elements.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I think we covered this. Pant suits, especially pastel coloured ones. Anything that cuts a sleek like, like I said. Sometimes just hoodies and jeans if I am feeling lazy, and if I’m hiding from the world, stretch pants and a sweatshirt.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

I sleep in the buff. Not ashamed.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Honestly, find a lot of jewelry tacky. If I’m wearing any jewelry, it’s going to be pretty simple. Silver or gold chain, maybe a simple silver band, hoop earrings.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I’m not telling you. (It’s in a secure bank.)

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I usually have a driver who takes me places. I also own a private jet. Because I’m one of those people.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I have. A lot of the money goes to my parents, some covers my brother’s education, and the rest goes to charities. I don’t have any hard and fast rules because that seems weirdly controlling. Not like it will matter, I’ll be dead.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

My right bottom canine is chipped from a fight. That’s all I can really think of.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

I’d like to be remembered as a good friend and as a good family member. Honestly, for the public at large, just don’t hate me, please. I really don’t want to be hated. I don’t know why I would be, but you know. Would suck.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, obviously not. I keep people safe from all the weirdness in the multi-verse. I report everything to the government, too, so they know about what’s coming. And it’s not like I’m doing most of my battles in super populous places. Okay, sometimes. But usually not.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

Probably my mind, honestly. I’m pretty clever, and I like to use that to my advantage. I think if I weren’t as quick on my feet as I am, I would probably be dead by now.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I’m really damaged. Badly. I’m constantly terrified I am going to push people away with my immaturity, and that’s… Probably something that will happen at some point. No joke.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice…

Raya, you’re going through a lot, but you have to realize that hedonism is not the way to cope with your trauma. Please, a lot of people care about you. Consider just opening up and talking with someone. It doesn’t have to be a therapist. You have parents who love you, and a brother too, and lots of friends. It’d be healthy for you.

Edited by Shofet