GM

Royal Hill

August 20th 2019, 4:30 PM

Sirens, shots being fired. The roar of motor cycles tore through the streets of Royal Hill, as three figures escaped the scene of their crime, weaving in and out of traffic on full speed on their bikes, quickly leaving the police cruisers behind. They were all dressed in black, as were their bikes, with heavy bags full of money strapped to their sides. Each seemed to have fire arms of some kind in their hand, occassionally turning to shoot back at the cops in case they got too close.

Far behind, they had left behind an armored truck, doors blown open with explosives. A diamond transport, the driver and guard had been left alive, but hurting. New wares for some other upscale jewelry shop or another in Royal Hill, the robbers were sure to get away, unless someone intervened.

The Meta-Naut, generally, was not the sort of hero who stopped bank robbers. She was more of a "foiling the plots of time nazis" kind of hero. But things were a bit spare and it seemed like with all that wild firing, someone was at risk of getting hurt. So she bit back her pride and gave chase.

Hurdling down the roads of Royal Hill, the Meta-Naut quickly caught up with the bikers. Gracefully as she could, she positioned herself directly above them so as to make their firing lines awkward and that much harder to hit her. Considering they had guns, it seemed a prudent choice.

"Hey, babies," she cooed. "Like I get it, everyone's hard up on cash these days and life sucks but unfortunately, you are all shooting wildly into the air and that could hurt people. So I am going to have to ask you to stop." 

Edited by Shofet

Justice

Alright, she shouldn't be excited, but honestly, Robin just couldn't help herself! First time trying out her brand new modular armor in the field! No more switching around complete armor sets, just switching out bits and pieces as necessary. Like right now, all armored up, racing down the street on the Law Rider. Most of the red parts of her armor had been covered up by silver armor plates, which, admittedly slowed her down, but should also make her pretty much bullet proof. And she could easily swap it out if these guys turned to be all about speed! It was cool! It was awesome! And now she had to make sure she made a good first impression with her brand new armor!

Her red scarf flowing behind her, she tore through the traffic and out on the road in front of two of the bikes, blocking their path. "Hey guys, haven't you heard?" Reaching out with her right hand, she briefly reached into a small purple portal, then pulling it back to with a small handheld blaster in her hand, much smaller than her old Justice Buster. "It's time for justice!" Then, twirling herself to the side, she took a shot at the one guy she hadn't managed to block of, an electric blast from the gun striking his motorcycle.

GM

"AH! THERE'S TWO OF THEM!" the guy that had driven a bit away from the others desperately tried to hold on to his bike and get some control. Somehow, he managed and didn't crash, but it took all he had to stay in control.

The other two robbers stopped right before crashing into Justice, probably more to keep themselves safe than to avoid hitting the super hero. "Outta the way!" If the driver a bit away from the other seemed to be more of an individual, the two drivers in front of Justice reacted in complete sync. Both raised their automatic weapons, one shooting at Justice, the other turning up and shooting at Meta-Naut above. For both, the shots went wide. Professional or not, these guys might be great drivers, but not the best shots.

The Meta-Naut

Out of nowhere, another hero arrived! Raya was pretty sure she recognized her, too. Justice, she thought. She seemed to have two of the goons stopped, but another one was speeding away. Sure, the electric blast had slowed him down, but that didn’t mean much if he was still moving at all. The energy wrapping around her hand and taking the form of a gun, she leveled it at the fleeing biker.

“Not so fast, buddy!” she called.

Out came a tether, flying up and engulfing the bike. With all her might, she pulled on the bike, and was pleased to see it suddenly come up and fly towards her. Then, her gaze turned to his buddies. Which of these jerks was she going to throw it at?

Justice

"Two?" Justice honestly sounded puzzled when she asked, staying on her bike as the shots went wide. Then came the tether, pulling out the bike from under the one guy that she hadn't managed to block off, making him eat pavement. Right, that was one was to stop him, kinda along the lines of what Robin had planned to do on her own.

And then... wait, was that!? "The Mighty Meta-Naut!" If her eyes had been visible, they would probably have been showing stars. This was great! This was awesome! "This is so cool!" She loved team ups!

GM

The rider that had gotten around Justice turned his head when the Meta-Naut called out to him, only to feel his bike being pulled out from under him in a moment. Still having had some speed, he yelled out before falling flat on his face, quickly rolling back into a sitting position and raising his gun, firing several missing shots in Meta-Naut's direction while shouting incoherently.

"Get her!" one of the other two riders shouted over the noise, both quickly firing at Justice, one of them actually managing to hit her, only to see the bullets bouncing off the heavy armor plating that was currently covering Justice.

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut heard Justice call her name, and an involuntary grin crossed her face. Hey, she was being recognized. And by a hero she herself recognized. That had to mean something, didn't it? Earned her a whole lot of coolness cred, at the very least.

What was not earning anyone any coolness cred, however, was the guy presently shooting at her. She looked at the motorbike currently held by her tractor beam, then the biker. She narrowed her eyes, and with full force chucked it into his side.

"Bite me, dude," she said sourly. Then she heard the fire ricocheting off of Justice and did a bit of a double-take when saw the hero was still looking at her. "Uh, Justice, honey, might want to focus on the goons. Don't want to have to call you an ambulance after this is done!"

Justice

"Right, right! Sorry!" Well, that was embarassing. Way to make a good first impression on the Mighty Meta-Naut. Get all starstruck in the middle of the fight and get hit. Not that it really mattered, with the full armor on, at least. Honestly, Robin should've come up with her M.O.D. system a long time ago!

Opening her hand, she dropped her Shock Blaster, which disappeared into a purple portal, while at the same time she reached into another portal, pulling out a large hammer with a two-handed handle, and what seemed to be the exhaust of a rocket on one end of it. It was easily as tall as Justice herself, and grabbing it with both hands, she quickly swung it towards one of the two robbers, who, even with his helmet on, seemed suitably scared as the massive rocket powered hammer collided with his chest, sending him flying down the street and hitting the asphalt between the stopped traffics.

Finishing spinning the hammer around and planting the long handle into the ground, while still holding it with one hand. "Look buddy, you got the Meta-Naut over there, you're all alone, and I got my freaking giant rocket hammer. How about you just drop that gun and turn yourself in?" Now, this was a much better first impression.

GM

Watching his friends be taken down, first with the Meta-Naut throwing a bike at one, then Justice striking the other with her rocket hammer, the last of the robbers waited a moment, then raised his hands, dropping both his gun and his loot. "Yeah, I'm not stupid. I give. Just... don't hit me with any hammers or bikes, alright?"

He slowly stepped off the bike, keeping his hands raised the entire time, while the cops were starting to filter around the cars, quickly slapping handcuffs on the robbers, while lifting the unconscious ones up. They shared some pleasantries and thanked the heroes, before they started the work of getting the bad guys out of there, and redirecting the the traffic until they could move the bikes.

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut beamed. That was so easy! Well, a lot of the stuff in Emerald City was easy, they weren't exactly swimming in world-ending threats, but this was especially easy! And also pretty mundane. No Crime Guns here. Which was good! Because that was super annoying.

She was rattled out of her thoughts when she looked down at Justice. A massive grin split the Meta-Naut's face, and she descended down beside Justice to praise her. "You have got some amazing tech, you know that? And skills, too."

"I know you, you're Justice, and I know you know me, so... You want to hang out while I ask you a million questions about your set up? I will feed you and put coffee in you if I have to. Or beer, or wine, or whatever you want."

Justice

Well, this wasn't exactly the most difficult thing that Robin had done since putting on her first armor. Seemed kind of mundane compared to some of the other stuff she'd been through, really. She let go of her rocket hammer, letting it fall into a purple portal that should it back to the AnneX. First test run for the new Z-Space arsenal had proven to be pretty good, then! Stepping down from her bike, she was already recalling bits and pieces of her armor, with the heavy armor on top detaching and disappearing into small purple portals, much like her weapons had.

She looked up as the Meta-Naut descended and commented her tech, and under the armor, she was positively glowing! And the Meta-Naut knew about her! Awesome! And... yeah, it was pretty obvious she knew who the Meta-Naut was, wasn't it? 

"Ah, yeah, sorry about that. Y'know how it is when you see one of your heroes, right?" 

And she wanted to ask about her setup and tech? Robin could almost squee. She had done so before, but she fought the urge this time.

"That sounds great! There's this little great place nearby, local coffee shop, none of that corporate stuff!" Not that she minded corporate stuff or anything, but, y'know, the other was better. "Lemme just slip out of the armor." She reached for her belt and pressed a button. With a sound like something deflating, the pink gem in the middle of the gem faded in color, and small purple portals opened up all around Robin, bits and pieces of her armor flying off her into them before leaving her her dark red undersuit, with a pink zipper going over her right breast and up to the high collar, an old-timey pink lion on the left breast, grey boots and gloves with pink trim, and of course, a dark red domino mask to keep her identity secret, with her long brown hair falling down her back. She quickly mounted her bike again. "Alright, ready when you are."

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut watched with interest as Justice’s armour faded away, replied with an undersuit. Oh, she’s adorable, she thought to herself with a smile. It was good to see a tech hero here in Emerald City, it bode well for the future of humanity as a whole. The Meta-Naut firmly believed that some day, superhero hyper-tech would make the world a better place. Sure, governments were restricting things now, but it was only a matter of time.

“Sure, local coffee sounds good,” she said.

She rose up into the air, and then looked back down at Justice. “Sorry, I don’t have much to remove. I take off my helmet and you know who I am and that’s… You know, maybe one day, but not today. Still, really digging the under-outfit. Real cool.”

Justice

"That's cool, my armor just gets kinda clunky, and hey, I got the perfect storage, so why not use it? And I got kinda tired of just wearing jeans and t-shirts with a domino mask, so hey, heroes need costumes, right?" She picked up the helmet stored on the bike and put it on. Safety and all that. Reving her bike once, she turned to wave at the officers before heading down the street, motioning with her head for Meta-Naut to follow.

It really wasn't far, just a block or two, so it wasn't long before she could pull over and get off the bike. Storing the helmet on the bike again, she motioned for the Meta-Naut to land. "Here, watch this. Best bike lock ever!" Turning to her belt, she touched the big pink-purple gem in the center of it once, and a large purple portal appeared in front of the bike, which then drove into it, before the portal disappeared again. "Neat, right?" She was pretty proud of this, and she really didn't get to show her stuff off to other heroes. "So how about you? Your gear's advanced, built it all yourself, or do you have genius inventor as backup?"

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut's eyebrows flew up at the sight of the bike disappearing. That was pretty neat. She would definitely have to look into being able to do that with her own stuff. She imagined it was probably some sort of dimensional pocket, but she couldn't be sure. It could be a simple teleportation as well, though she doubted it. 

The Meta-Naut suddenly looked a bit uncomfortable, before gesturing to the badge she kept on her top beneath her jacket "Ah... Ahm... Hmn. So... This is going to be the short version. It's from another dimension, my mentor made it, and I don't actually know how to make more, but I do know how to keep it in working order and could probably fix it if it ah... broke. Like, I get tech, but this is beyond anything I've ever seen," she said, fumbling with it. "Like... It technically breaks a lot of laws of physics to work, also the laws of thermodynamics. From what I can tell, it's powered by a genuine perpetual motion engine."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Kiiiind of embarrassing, but yeah..."

Justice

Huh. Robin gave the Meta-Naut a sort of odd look, her brows furrowing like she were in deep thought, her eyes quickly scanning over the badge, then running all over the Meta-Naut's body, or at least her armor and equipment. One could almost hear the wheels turning in her head as she studied it. This was amazing. She'd been working hard on trying to get something small and wearable that could summon her armor, but this little badge was, well, beyond anything she'd made. She'd settled for her belt, and then using the portals from her amulet, but the Meta-Naut had just been given this and wasn't even sure how it worked? Lucky! Robin would simply have to try and find out more about it and how it worked!

"That's awesome!" She skipped completely over Meta-Naut's statement about it being embarassing, her eyes fixated on the amulet. "I mean, I guess I technically breaks some laws of physics with these portals, but that's not really something I made myself either, but aside from that, my tech's pretty conventional compared to yours. Just lots of different parts."

She put on a wide grin as she placed her hands behind her head and looked up at the sky. So, Meta-Naut's tech was from another dimension. That was pretty cool.

"So, another dimension, huh?" She looked around quickly, then leaned in closer and whispered conspiratorially. "Ever been between the different dimensions?" 

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut was a bit confused at the sunny reception from Justice. She had expected, at the very least, some level of pity or scorn, given her own clear genius while the Meta-Naut could not even figure out how her device actually properly worked. But no, the hero seemed entirely happy with her badge. Well, at the very least it made the Meta-Naut feel a bit better about her whole situation.

Then Justice said something intriguing.

"Between dimensions?" said the Meta-Naut, invisibly narrowing her eyes behind her helmet. "How could you possible go between dimensions?"

Justice

Of course Robin couldn't suppress her grin. She tapped the big purple-pink round stone in the middle of her belt. "This one right here." She'd only brought one other person to Z-Space so far, but maybe it was a good idea to bring someone else too? Show off a bit, work on getting some more friends, right? She'd done her fair share of team ups so far, Emerald really did have more heroes in it than she'd first known, but they all seemed rather disorganized, didn't they?

"It's not really something I made on my own, but it's a good power source, and, y'know, its a pretty interesting place." She touched it, clicking one of the buttons on her belt to open a small portal. Sticking her hand inside, she quickly pulled out her Shock Blaster. "Makes storage easy, right?"

She didn't even notice the worry that the Meta-Naut had felt, she was just too excited about meeting another hero.

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut moved closer, trying to get a look at the jewel. The implications of there being a place between dimensions was fascinating. What else could there be that the Meta-Naut was missing? Were there multiple spaces between dimensions, or was this like the aether that the ancient greeks thought separated worlds? 

"...Here's a thought," the Meta-Naut said. "What if we get that coffee to go, and you show me your dimension-between-dimensions?"

She was being risky, a bit. It was entirely possible that Justice would take offence at her being so forward about it, even if she had been willing to let her know it existed. After all, could be private. Maybe if she offered up something in response. "You know. Maybe we could make it a transaction, too. Is there any sort of world you think you'd like to visit? Could take you there."

Justice

Shock Blaster back in the portal in the armory, close the portal. No need to leave all that open for too long, right? And no reason to wave a blaster around.

Robin paused for a moment when the Meta-Naut suggested she show the dimension-between-dimensions. That... was actually a pretty cool name to call it, though she'd been told it was called Z-Space, so why not stick with that, right? It wouldn't make sense to call her place the AnneX otherwise. She gave it a moments thought. She honestly didn't need anything in return to show off the AnneX and Z-Space, but travelling to another world did sound pretty awesome... Still, she'd feel bad about taking advantage of the Meta-Naut like that.

"Y'know, I don't mind showing off a bit, its not like you have to take me somewhere in return." She couldn't suppress a grin. "Not that I'd say no, of course! So, you can travel to other worlds, huh? That's awesome! I'm a bit more limited like that, usually just hanging out here in Emerald or in Z-Space."

The Meta-Naut

The Meta-Naut beamed. "Hey! I certainly won't pass it up if you're offering it for free," she said with a shrug. "But yeah! I visit other worlds all the time. Different timelines, sometimes ones with different physics... Gotta be careful though, there are some universes out there where if you go to them... BAM! You're torn into a giant pile of nothing because your atoms didn't agree with your destination's choice in physics."

She smiled at Justice. "But no, seriously. We can visit wherever if you really like, I don't mind. I just want to see yours first, that's all. Seriously, name any sort of timeline or place you can think of. Wanna go to a world where all guys are gals and vice versa? Earth-XX. Wanna visit that but everyone's also evil? Anti-Earth-XX. How about a world where everyone has some kind of superpower? Earth-Ultra. Ultra-7, I mean, the other ones kind of suck for a variety of reasons..."

She held out her hand. "Whaddaya say?"

Justice

Justice nodded to herself at the Meta-Naut's explanation. "Makes sense. Multiple different universes, different laws of physics. I kinda knew they were out there, but haven't been able to go there from Z-Space." 

Different worlds, though! Z-Space was just the place between worlds, and well, it had stuff, but not like what the Meta-Naut was explaining. It sounded cool, so of course she'd accept.

"I'm in." She accepted the Meta-Naut's hand, then pulled her along towards the coffee place. "But coffee first, and then its off to Z-Space!" A sudden realization dawned on her. "Oh, right. Z-Space. That's what the place between dimensions is called. Its on the Z-Axis on the X- and Y-axis between dimensions, see?" Well, kind of, at least. It made sense anyway!