A Portal Without A Cube

Ecalsneerg

Geckoman took the craft up higher and higher, before spinning the chair around and hopping out of it. "Best way to learn to do something is in time of need. See those three levers? One controls thrust, one controls turning, rising and descending, the third is the brakes. Why don't you try and fly it slowly," asked Chris, leaning back on the door and fingering his utility belt.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Left thrust, middle steering, right brakes. Learn fast and catch me," smiled Chris, flipping out of the door, flicking out a remote and closing it behind him before free-falling through the air towards the water. "WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!" he laughed, "I am the Geckomaaaaaaaaaaaan!" The teenager flipped around as the winds buffeted him, but kept smiling as he fell faster and faster towards the water.

Darian's eyes fly wide open and his jaw drops as Chris jumps out of the ship. Thinking fast, he looks at the three levers, "OK, left is thrust and middle is steering that means," he pulls the left lever towards him and the pushes the middle one away. The ship plummets toward the water faster than Geckoman can fall. Darian winces and his reflexes grab and pull the right lever just inches away from the water. He breathes a sigh of relief that neither he nor the ship are in a million pieces. The sudden realization hits him that his friend might not be so lucky. "Chris," he shouts as he straightens up the ship enough where he can run to the exit hatch. "I do not know how to open this thing," he gasps thinking about the fate of his friend. Is he dead on the water or splattered on the ship, the nervous thoughts race through Darian's mind, Will I be stuck in here forever? How will I ever know or do anything ever again?

The Geckoman pulled his orange goggles on as his eyes started to water from the fall. Reaching out with the remote as Darian brought the ship down to the water's surface, he opened the door slightly and pulled out his grappling gun. "Angle it to the left and..." The hook shot out, wrapping around the handle and jerking hard, sending Chris into a fast spiral around until he kicked his foot out and gained purchase to the surface. Staggering, he brought his other foot down and stood on the roof of the ship. "See, you learned fast there, didn't 'cha!" laughed Chris, breathing hard. "I also think I broke several toes."

Darian breathes a heavy sigh of relief. He shakes his head and laughs thanking fate for sparing his friend. Looking to Chris, he smiles, "That was a truly harrowing experience. Can you warn me before you do that again? I am sorry about your toes. We should get you to a hospital before your adrenaline runs out and you start feeling the pain."

• 2 weeks later...

"Nah. I can regrow a hand in an hour or two, some toe bones'll take a lot less time." He collapsed backwards into a chair. "So... reckon you woulda figured it out as quick if I hadn't presented you with the need to do so?" smirked Chris, wrapping a piece of cloth tightly around one foot as bones started clicking into place again.

Darian laughs as relief washes over him, "Well, I have had on the job training before, but was never that intense!" Calming down, he takes a seat and looks to his broken footed friend, "So, you have regenerative tissue? How did you aquire them? Were you born with them? Did you use some other method to get them?"

"I pricked my hand on a needle which contained what I assume was radioactive gecko DNA. After that, I've had heightened senses, the ability to stick to things and I heal faster. I'm not entirely sure how it works, I'm not a biologist or anything. I'm assuming some sort of rapid 'mitosiosis' or whatever you call it."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I dunno. Maybe. I mean, yes, I know I'll heal from pretty much everything," conceded Chris. "But just because I don't suffer permanent damage doesn't stop it from happening at all. I shatter all the bones in my body, I'll probably repair them but I'll have to spend a period of time in utter agony and praying I heal before the damage proves fatal."

"So, really... I suppose being cocky is just me being me."

• 3 weeks later...

Darian nods with a shrug, "Well, I cannot argue with fate. You are still here. And that makes everything... cool." Doing a non-chalant look around the ship and then back to Chris, "This is all well and good, but we should set this flying lesson when we both are prepared for it." Smiling, Darian kicks back in the passenger seat, "I have something to show you when we get back. Maybe you are interested in interdimensional travel?"

"That sounds pretty damn cool," said Chris, taking the wheel and steering back to Darian's house. "We could see what we look like in other universes. Maybe I'd be taller..."

Then a thought occured to him, more important than dimensional travel. "Wait! We never finished the pizza!"