The Immutable Betsy Brooks

Betsy took her time and finished her second, or was it third? Cup of coffee before taking her feet off of the table and made her way over to Cheval.

Okay big man, what do you have for me?”

She did have respect for the guy, having heard rumours of his exploits as she travelled around this city dealing with it’s supernatural citizens.

Don’t forget that card as well, as long as I’m not to hung over to answer obviously. she grinned at this, she could manage pretty well through up to the most serious headache.

CHEVAL

Marcus stepped a bit aside. It felt wrong to hide things, but he needed to be sure what this actually meant before he wished to share it with everyone else. He held up one of Betsy's cards to indicate that he had indeed taken one and flashed her one of his usual smiles. After he was sure the others were gone, or at least were not listening in, the smile faded, and his face grew far more serious.

"It is not something I boast about, but I can see and talk to spirits. Last night I saw something I have never seen before. It chilled me to the bone, but I have no idea what it actually means." He looked around again, before leaning in. His voice barely a whisper, as unnatural as that was for him. "The dead man, the one that might have summoned the beast, it was not just his body that had been killed. His spirit, his soul, it was there, as dead as the man. It felt wrong, unnatural. It should not be so." Marcus suddenly felt cold, but he repressed the urge to shake. "Tell me, my friend, do you know what it means?"

Betsy might mess around when appropriate but this was something else so she quietly listened to Cheval’s admissions with suitable nods when needed.

There are things that can strip the soul from a body drain it just like a juice box, but they also tend to be a big deal. I’ve got some contacts in the supernatural community, and I suspect that they’d heard of a beast like that.”

She thought for a few minutes before adding.

Looks like this bugger needs looking into, and as I’m not officially on the team I can have a poke around and see what I’ve found.”

CHEVAL

She listened, at least. That was good. He had not had much contact with the supernatural community that seemed to exist in the world of heroes, but he had heard that some tended to be arrogant, so it was nice to have his preconceptions proven wrong.

"I would not call the man's spirit drained, exactly. It had been murdered, and after it had left the man's body. It was simply hovering there, left for us to find." He sighed, and shook his head. He had to clear his thoughts of this. "Thank you, my friend. I'm happy that we agree that it needs looking into." He paused for a moment, looking at the other remaining heroes. "Do you think we should tell the others? I'm not so sure, at least not while I don't know what all of this means."

That’s still unusual they souls normally ready to move on or bloody furious to be dead, unless I guess it the could be the pure soul without the personality. A gros bon ange if you will.”

As to the other question Betsy thought about it for a minute before adding.

Hmmm, maybe the sexy guy, he seems to be keyed into similar ideas, but not the crazy survival guy that would just be messy. The peppy plant girl seems solid but I’m not sure that this is the kind of thing she’s use to handling. Same goes for the speedster, and the robot is just a robot y’know?”

CHEVAL

Unusual was one word that could be used to describe the sight he had seen, but Marcus supposed Miss Brooks was more used to this kind of thing than him.

"Perhaps, but if he is the only one it would be fit to tell, then I believe it is best that we keep it to ourselves for now." He had no issues with Corazon, but he was still a kid, as far as Marcus was concerned. There was no reason to burden him with with something like this. "I have your card, and if you find out anything, it should be easy to reach. I look forward to hearing from you, my friend."

A little lie, perhaps. He didn't particularly want to learn more about what could murder a soul, but he had to, of course. Time to leave, then. He had other business to attend to, after all.