Vibora PCs Meetup

Heritage

Torque would like to build on the relationships started by the heroes working together during the hurricane. She'd like to arrange an informal meeting between interested parties to discuss possible future collaborations. Betsy would probably be the point of contact to set things up, but Taye has no idea where such a meeting might take place.

You mIght wanna check in with @Avenger Assembled to see if he had any kind of follow-up planned already.

I'm potentially interested if there is some sort of specific goal or plan for the thread. I'm less interested if it's yet another meandering social thread that won't go anywhere and will eventually just fizzle out. I'm pretty sure I'm already in a few of those right now.

Two very valid points!

thought AA was leaving it up to us to get things started, but I very well could be wrong; certainly worth checking in with him!

As far as the second issue goes, I don't have anything specific in mind yet, just wanted to get the ball rolling. Might be best to have some initial OOC discussion here, including who took the mayor up on her offer, which I think was only discussed in chat.

For the record, Torque said yes.

Edited by Heritage

@Avenger Assembled Persephone is potentially interested in becoming one of the "municipal defenders", but she needs to see the fine print first, and she's probably not the only one. Can you provide any concrete details about issues such as:

• What is the time commitment for the character? Would they be able to maintain a full-time job or school schedule, or would they be too busy giving speeches at ribbon-cutting ceremonies when they're not subduing supervillains or helping with disaster relief?
  • To whom does the character have to disclose their secret identity, if they have one?
  • Related to the previous question, is any additional police protection or the like provided for the character's family?
  • To what extent will the city government pry into the character's personal life, and what restrictions, if any, does the position place on the character's personal conduct? What sort of "morality clause" is there, if any? For example, is a municipal defender going to lose their job if some reporter snaps a picture of them at a strip club, or a political protest?

What is the time commitment for the character? Would they be able to maintain a full-time job or school schedule, or would they be too busy giving speeches at ribbon-cutting ceremonies when they're not subduing supervillains or helping with disaster relief?

My gut for this one is "whatever's necessary to provide complications" - same as any other job. 

To whom does the character have to disclose their secret identity, if they have one?

Someone in the city government. 

Related to the previous question, is any additional police protection or the like provided for the character's family?

If they want it - but then you have to figure out how many of them know why they're there. 

To what extent will the city government pry into the character's personal life, and what restrictions, if any, does the position place on the character's personal conduct? What sort of "morality clause" is there, if any? For example, is a municipal defender going to lose their job if some reporter snaps a picture of them at a strip club, or a political protest?

As much as is interesting! I'd assume they'd obviously be in trouble if they did that sort of thing in _costume_... as it is, since their ID is still secretish, it's not going to be widely-known that Person Lady at the protest is actually Superwoman. 

Sounds good. Persephone would also say "Yes" to the mayor, and yes, she's willing to meet up.

It would probably be easiest if the meet-up just picked up directly where Storm of The Century left off, since everyone's in one place.

@Avenger Assembled Should the PCs who accept the mayor's offer buy a Benefit feat to reflect their official backing, or is it strictly a fluff thing?

Cheval would agree to the offer, after having his agent read through the fine print.

Sounds like a good idea to get some plans down first. Cheval would personally like to at least set up some emergency plan to call for backup in case anyone needs help with something too big to handle on their own, potentially discussion of setting up a more formal meeting space, whether its actual headquarters or not. 

Everyone okay if I start this? I would probably have it set in a conference room set aside for the heroes by the mayor's staff, starting more or less right after any who chose to sign did so. This would be a private meeting without any government folk, though they'd probably like to have at least some idea of what we come up with after the discussion.

As a private discussion, Woodsman would be welcome to join, but would not be beholden to anything the municipal defenders agree to as a team. If Woodsman wouldn't want to be there, that's obviously cool, too.

If this seems wonky to anyone, let's figure it out now in OOC before we start IC ?

Edited by Heritage