Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

The priest didn't seem sure, but he stll offered a prayer in French. <"There's nowhere to run. The Nazis have come to burn this place. They want to punish the resistance fighters, and the moment you're gone, they'll be back for Oradour-sur-Glane."> 

 

While Donar and Madame Blitz yelled from the explosion that rocked them outside, a grenade dropped down from above Judy and the priest. Die Eule laughed from above as the grenade went off at Judy's feet, threatening to catch both her and the priest in the blast. He didn't bother with anything else as he moved, quickly disappearing under the cover of the explosion.

 

The heavy doors of the church were flung open, as Madame Blitz stormed inside. She was bruised, with tears in her suit, but otherwise she didn't seem nearly as harmed as one would expect after taking a grenade to the face. "Schweinhund!!" A lightning blast danced across her hands, shooting out towards the Watchdog!

 

For his part, Donar shook his head. The blast had taken more out of him than he would admit. Maybe now would be a good time to stirke against the thunder god?

Share this post


Link to post

Legatus

 

XVIII recognized the costumes, if not the names, of these "Übersoldaten." The one that had attacked him, albeit ineffectively, was called something like the Red... Falcon? Eagle? Something like that. In any case... a smile spread across his lips - what better chance was there to prove to himself his own worthiness if not to fight the foes of Centurion's youth? Flinging himself into the sky, he pursued the Red Eagle.

 

"You will fall before me! You won't even get a chance to face him!" He shouted, launching himself headlong into his foe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Legatus' blow crashed directly into die Roter Adler, sending him flying away, with the teen of adamant hot in pursuit.

 

Within the church, Watchdog only just managed to throw herself in the path of the blast, protecting Daystar from the grenade by pushing her out of the way. The priest was not so lucky, however. Caught in the blast, he was flung back against a wall, unmoving.

 

---

 

In the sky high above, Legatus battled Roter Adler.

 

In the church, Watchdog and Daystar fought against the hidden Eule and Madame Blitz, while Donar still remained outside.

 

To the West of the school, Sea-Wolf fought his way through Forever Boy's mists, while Specimen fought against die Walküre. 

Share this post


Link to post

Forever Boy

 

The wolf-man in the strange clothes rushed past them, while an explosion rocked the church. Adam's hit against the woman resounded. That explosion couldn't be good, or the lightning strike or... Their friends needed them. Well, maybe not needed, but their presence would probably be a good thing. Pan looked around. Running wolf-man, sword wielding woman in armor. If they turned tail, they would just follow them, and that wouldn't help their friends, would it now?

 

He sent his shadow hunting. As it hurried across the ground towards the wolf-man, he instead turned to the woman and called out. She couldn't see them. She had only felt Adam's blow, swinging wildly to try and get him. "Come now! I am far away already! Over here!"

 

His shadow caught up to its target, quickly grasping on to the wolf-man, entangling him, wrapping around him and binding him in place. Good, good. Advantage to the good guys, so far.

Share this post


Link to post

Specimen took advantage. He was not the best trained, as his hits were wild and wide. Yet, there was a lot of power in his fists and with die Walküre, he could really put some weight behind his blow. 

 

He ducked slightly, coiled his body, and slammed his fist straight into her chin. She took off into the air, flying at least a hundred feet into the air before vanishing beyond the nearby buildings. 

 

"I just knocked an Ubersoldaten out cold." He said scanning the area. "Now for the other one." He said, preparing to help Pan with his wolf problem.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Die Walküre looked away, and then she flew. Sailing up high above the buildings of the small village, out of sight of the heroes and the Nazis they were fighting, she disappeared into the distance, far away. She went silent immediately, the sheer force of the blow being more than enough to take her out almost as soon as she had realized what happened.

 

Sea-Wolf might have heard the sound of the blow, but he was otherwise occupied, with the strange shadow grasping and grabbing at him, holding him in place, holding him to the ground even as he struggled to get free. His arms by his side, he struggled and grunted, pushing against his bonds. The shadow started to move, but it wasn't enough. He would not break free that easily... and both of the super powered teens he had tried to evade would be able to reach him.

 

Roter Adler titled off course, but regained his senses after Legatus' blow. He was shaken, but not out of the fight quite yet. Still, he was wounded, as he tried to climb higher into the sky, away from his pursuer. 

Share this post


Link to post

Secret Secret agent Ashley Tran saw the grenade flying towards the President's daughter and did the only thing she could do - she kicked it with her toes as hard as she could, sending it caroming against the wall where it exploded, shards ripping through the tough leather of her sleeves where she'd thrown up her arms to protect her face; the blast striking the priest and sending him smashing against the wall. She'd picked Judy over someone else; the same as she always would. And then the lightning hit, blasting past her and into the far wall, close enough that her jacket sizzled from its passage. She spun, saw Madame Blitz, and snapped her guns from their holsters without breaking stride. "Je suis la vengeance de la garce parisienne!" she snarled in her schoolgirl French before firing a volley of laser blasts into the Nazi's chest. 

 

Daystar screamed in terror and grief as the explosion rocked the space around her, watching the priest hit the wall with a bone-crunching thud. She wanted to yell for Ashley's help but she was under attack by Madame Blitz, and the man who had murdered the innocent priest right in front of her eyes was somewhere up in the rafters of the church. Somewhere - she looked upward, eyes glowing as brightly as the rest of her body - she could see him. "You can't hide from God for what you did!" she yelled up at die Eule before she put her hands together and reached within - drawing on a blast of gamma rays that blasted a searing green as they tore through the air past the masked German assassin. The blast didn't hit him dead on (which would have killed him instantly) but the mere penumbra of it struck him down, the heat from its passage igniting his costume and sending him tumbling to the church floor with a bone-

Share this post


Link to post

"I hate Naziiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!" Benny was not a eloquent soul as he sailed into the air, landing on one foot before Madame Blitz, the lady chucking grenades at Judy and Ash, and so she had to be dealt with fast, and in a dead sprint for the few feet between them, as he threw at overhand right, clubbing her right in the face, "An' even if yousa a dame, yer still goin' down!"  Benny was well and truly pissed, the he was aware enough to catch Judy's response to what happened.  The screams and smoke grew louder and thudded in his ears, or was that the rush of blood there?  The first Invasion played in his head.  He failed again.  He failed. He failed...

 

There was a click as instinct took over, as he shot down, his shoulder dropping right into her gut, as he dipped under her center of gravity, and his arms going around the back of her knees and he took her off her feet, as he leaped up with her, aiming for a wall to fulfill his namesake, and careen towards Pan and his issue.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Madame Blitz looked shocked as Rebound appeared, sailing through the air. They managed to hit a window, smashing through it and out on the ground outside the church, where they could both see the strange golden mists.

 

<"Get off me! Get off!"> Madame Blitz was struggling, lightning dancing over her body until she finally released a powerful electric burst.

 

---

 

At the other side of the church, Donar finally came to his senses, just in time to see Daystar blasting at the ceiling and die Eule falling moments after. With a loud yell, he ran forward, knocking the fleeing people aside as he swung his large hammer, then threw it straight towards Daystar, where it would collide with someone at full force before flying back to Donar's hand.

Share this post


Link to post

Legatus

 

Soaring after Roter Adler, Legatus struck at the flying man quickly and efficiently - he had no wish to draw this combat out when his squadmates might have need of him below. "Fall down, Nazi!" Even as he shouted it, he realized he would probably need to save the man from splattering messily on the ground if Roter Adler did actually fall. With that in mind, he slowed his ascent immediately and prepared to catch him - just in case.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The blow was more than enough. Roter Adler tumbled, fell through the sky. They had been far up, flying so fast, so high, and now he was falling. Unless Legatus wanted to change story by the premature death of Roter Adler, he would have to act fast. Of course, it might not matter so much to the teen of adamant.

 

There was plenty other for him to deal with, after all.

 

Inside the church, Watchdog and Daystar were facing Donar. The thunder god's hammer slammed into Watchdog as she once again protected her charge, not that Donar seemed to care who he hit. Rebound had pulled Madame Blitz out the window to the East of the building, getting closer to Forever Boy and Specimen. Between them, Sea-Wolf was bound by Forever Boy's shadow.

Edited by RocketLord

Share this post


Link to post

Forever Boy

 

Pan whistled as the Nazi warrior woman went flying. Adam's blow was impressive, but he was soon distracted. The crash ahead, the noise near the church. Yelling, people being hit and hurt. He could distinctly hear Rebound shouting about hating Nazis as glass shattered, and the sound of more fighting from inside the church. 

 

"Adam, my friend, can you handle the wolf? I think our friends might need us." He didn't wait for a response, before flying off at full speed towards the church and Rebound. 

 

A glittering golden sword formed in Pan's hand as he flew, which he quickly swung towards Madame Blitz as he reached Rebound. The blade might have bounced off her force field, but at least he still did some damage. 

Share this post


Link to post

Adam took advantage of the wolf's helpless state to finish things up. With his opponent unconscious, Adam considered his next move. The church, he knew, was the center of everything. The nazis were focusing their efforts there, and he imagined the rest of the Ubersoldaten were likely gathered there. He didn't know why they had been sent here, but there were people to help and there was evil to fight. That's all Adam needed to know. He'd bound after the rest of them and help finish this fight. 

Share this post


Link to post

The hammer flew by Watchdog so close that the wind of its passage knocked her breathless. Cursing, she snapped a grenade from her belt and hurled it at Donar. This one didn't bounce off - it hit the Nazi storm god directly in the face and exploded, seeming to do him no particular harm as he stormed towards the Secret Service agent and her escort. Watchdog turned, ready to tell Judy what she'd always planned to tell her in this situation - RUN - but the Daystar had other plans. 

 

Judy glowed a brilliant white, eyes, skin, and hair all halogen fire as she faced down the rampaging godling. When she screamed, the air burned with her words, and when she fired energy from her outstretched hands it seared the air like a lightning strike.

 

"FALSE GOD! THIS ISN'T YOUR HOUSE!

Share this post


Link to post

There was an old adage in fighting, there is nothing as demoralizin' as eating your opponent's best shot, and grinning.  And Rebound grinned, as the electricity crackled and flowed over him.  "I'd feel bad 'bout this toots, but youse earned every bit of this." Hands gripped the portion of her outfit over her torso, and he pulled her up and he leaped up and into the church, in a big, graceful back flip through one of the broken windows and despite the lack of leverage, he just drove his fist into her face, and pushed away to land in a roll and up onto his feet, and ready himself to deal with the massive Donar.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Madame Blitz groaned. One hit after another, her force field barely keeping up, and then the boy that had grabbed her had the audacity to leave her behind. "Get back here... boy!" Of course, she wasn't alone. Even as she tried to get to her feet, she was in no position to pursue just yet. She heard Sea-Wolf's howl as he fell, saw the other boy that had appeared from the mists... and heard Donar from inside the church.

 

Singed, but not stopped, Donar sneered at Daystar. "Your God is nothing, American!" He caught his hammer as it returned to him, then swung it around and slammed it hard into the ground in front of himself. A shockwave exploded out from the point of impact, rolling through the church towards the altar and the three heroes.

Share this post


Link to post

Legatus

 

The Teen of Adamant swooped down reflexively to snatch Roter Adler from his death-fall. Even though he knew intellectually that Roter Adler was an evil man who had probably killed more people than XVIII had ever met, he also knew that heroes didn't kill - or let people die if they could help it. And he could, quite easily. Catching the falling man, he floated down to the ground before grabbing some metal from a scrapped tank and binding the Nazi with it.

 

Time to go help my squadmates. He looked up, searching for anyone who might need his help - including the native people.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Macedon had finally reached the village. Revolver in one hand, he was pointing to the North, towards the cave that they had left, shouting in French for everyone to get to the cave. While the majority of the Nazi soldiers were down or had fled already, he would take a shot whenever he saw someone, doing his best to keep them safe. Not everyone had made it out of the village, several dead left behind, but so far, all the survivors were making good time.

 

To the West of the church, Legatus heard the noise of explosions and fighting form the church.

 

Just outside the church, to the East, Forever Boy faced off against Madame Blitz. Specimen had taken out another of the Übersoldaten, leaving Seawolf behind as he headed towards the church.  

 

Inside the church, Donar stood strong against Watchdog, Daystar and Rebound, so far holding his own against the heroes.

Share this post


Link to post

Forever Boy

 

Benny rushed off to help the others. Good. It meant Pan would have to deal with the electric woman before him, but he was completely fine with that. The golden sword in his hand shifted into a rapier, as he stabbed at her, hitting her in the shoulder, puncturing the electric field, before he stepped away, leaving her grabbing her wounded arm. She seemed groggy, not up for much of a fight anymore. Good.

 

She was tough, that much was clear. Still standing, after all the punishment that both he and Benny had put her through, but he couldn't let that give him pause, could he now? Instead, he flew over her, pretended to sweep her leg and instead shifted the rapier into a hammer that he swung up, hitting her in the face.

 

And yet she still stood.

 

"I suppose the Nazis made their soldiers strong, did they not?" He was not as amused as he sounded. "Adam! I have another one for you!"

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...