Slammed into the Ubermensch, and made an annoyance to the Ubermench, right up in his face, trying to buy time.  "Guys! If youse can beat feet, I am tryin' ta talk nice like to this here Nazi jerk! For the record, Nazi, ain't the first time I heard that from youse guys, but every time ya keep showin' up, I getta keep introducin' ya ta my fists!"  It was a flurry of blows before he spun about and cracked the vile paragon right in the chops with a spinning wheel kick, driving his heel against him.  "I may have lied a little, sorry 'bout that!"

With that, and a laugh, he pushed off the larger man, and leaped out of the building, ricocheting about as he did so, and landing into a tumble to keep moment and ended up running at full tilt. He used his abilities to keep looking back over his shoulders, as he hustled at the rear.  "Swear ta God, youse guys are all gettin' out, ya here me! RUN!"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

"Nein!" Die Übermensch was angry. The ground shook around him as he struggled to rise. Despite the blows that the young heroes delivered, he seemed momentarily stunned at best. The small bruises that their assault had dealt him already seemed to be healing as he slammed a fist into the ground, burying it to stop himself from being sucked into the portal.

"I will not be denied! Do you think a cave will protect you? I will tear the entire mountain apart on top of your heads!"

Cosmic energies began to flare around him, as the last few villagers ran into the cave. Just Watchdog and Forever Boy still stood their ground, the rest of the time tossed heroes was inside the dark cave.

"There's a thought," said Watchdog. She had taken the opportunity, among other things, to take Pan's measure - or as much as she could, anyway. I'm not gonna run. He's not gonna run. So we're gonna run. She reached into her belt, grabbed a grenade, and threw it at the roof of the cave. The sticky stuff on the back of the beeping red plate hit the rock and stuck there, beeping with a red flashing light that both accelerated rapidly. 

"Better make me fly!" she told Forever Boy, standing there as if she had all the time in the world. 

Forever Boy

"Then think happy thoughts!" Golden dust exploded from Pan as he finally pulled back alongside Ashley. No, he would not run and leave her behind, he had made that much clear, and neither would she, so... "Together, then!" Flying backwards, towards the cave, he kept his eyes on die Übermensch, until, finally, he turned and everything turned dark around them. 

Everyone else was up ahead, further in the cave, but at the speed the two were flying, it would not take long to catch up, even if the space was getting kind of cramped. 

As the explosion rocked behind them, Pan finally let out a loud laugh that echoed through the caves.

GM

As soon as Ashley and Pan disappeared into the cave, die Übermensch finally freed himself. The portal to the Zero Zone closed behind him, he sneered as the explosive rocked the opening to the cave, which fell to pieces in front of him.

"Untermenschen."

He didn't waste any time. He pulled his arms back, then threw them forward, cosmic energies surging towards the mountain. Within moments, it was reduced to rubble, something that no one should be able to survive.

At least not in this time...

Led by Macedon, the refugees from the past moved through the dark caves. Winding, twisting, turning, they went where the Mesa willed it. Paths would open and close as they approached, the darkness was absolute, until, after what felt almost but not quite like forever, the cave opened up into the Painted Desert once more...

As soon as Adam was safe, he collapsed. His shoulders sagged and he took a deep breath. He was tough, insanely so. He had never been injured in any real sense ever in his entire life. Übermensch knocked Felix out cold, and Adam knew Felix was about as tough as he was.  Übermensch was out for blood. He was a nazi and perfectly willing to do great evil to them. All they were guilty of was trying to help innocent people.

Adam took a deep breath, and focused. This was his first real brush with danger, and he performed admirably. He was going to do what he had to do. He wasn't just gonna take being a superhero seriously, he was going to train, to toughen, to grow. The first thing on his list? Learning to throw a proper punch.

"Well guys, we did it. We won!" He laughed and stood up. "Hell yeah!! We fought freaking nazis, and we kicked, their, ass!" 

Benny lingered behind everyone else, breathing a little hard. He was insistent that everyone else was more towards the escape side than the Nazi side.  It wasn't a matter of confidence in his abilities or a worry that something was going to fail, it was...

It was, something else entirely. Coulda...

A frown on his face, as he dropped to his one knee, draping his arm across the other, he half turned his head, "Everyone good?" yelling that back to the rest of the teens and others who could understand him, which seemed not so likely.  But then, what did he know.  His brain was rattled by shots to the old hat holder anyways.  He didn't get the Mesa, he didn't get time stuff, or any of that magic jazz.  He did get that a veritable monster had given them chase and closed up that other side of the cavern.

On the outside of the caves, Watchdog took this opportunity to declare "God-f*cking-dammit" before she turned to Macedon. "So, you've got the long-range comm unit," she said, waving at the older man as the refugees around them took in their new world. "We've got a _hell_ of a lot of temporal refugees who we can't just leave wandering the Arizona desert now that they've traveled seventy-five years into the motherf*cking future!" Her voice went up there just a little at the end. 

"Ashley, it'll be fine," said Judy, putting a hand on her sister's shoulder, her light dying down to reveal a bruised but smiling face. "We did it. We went back there and we made a difference. And you're hurt more than anybody except Legatus," she added, "come on, let me help you. Ah can help anybody who needs it!" she added, raising her voice so everyone could hear, "Ah have a medical kit and Ah can do first aid, set bones, anything y'all need!" She was pale, and a  little wobbly herself, but wasn't bleeding or limping visibly the way her battered sister was. 

Even Pan appeared a bit pale, as he flew out of the caves. From the darkness, and into the harsh sun, he held a hand above to shield his eyes, as he whistled as the sight. "The storm is gone." The air was clean, no sign of the storm that had driven them into the cave in the first place.

He moved above the refugees and the young heroes, as they all moved from the caves, trying to get a count of everyone, finding anyone for Judy to help, helping with translating for those that didn't understand English, and, as he passed Ashley, he couldn't resist. "Relax, Watchpuppy. We saved the day, enjoy it for a bit. Let the grown ups deal with the paperwork."

GM

Fortunately for Ashley's worries, Alexander Macedon knew the right people, and one of those people were Travis Hightower, mayor of Red Rocks. This wasn't the first time that Red Rocks got new blood from another time. Wouldn't be the last, either. It was rare for this many travellers to turn up at once, but it was nothing that Travis couldn't deal with, especially with some outside support.

It didn't take long for the citizens of Red Rocks to arrive and to help the time lost refugees. At one point, once everyone was out of the cave, no one had kept their eye on it. Then it was gone. As the refugees, villagers and heroes were transported away in groups from the mesa, it was suddenly gone.

Mayor Hightower could only chuckle. Young heroes tossed across time, to a terrible war. The death of all in a village averted, and now he had to deal with the clean up. Sure, he could do that. After all, it was all according to the Will of the Magic Mesa.

END