Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

angrydurf

That's smart thinking. Problem here is that lots aren't stopped by hand weapons. 

She wasn't sure how much the other woman knew about Earth, so she went on - Energy weapons cost $$$$$ - and some people here can take anything up to one of our nukes without flinching. So you have to figure out smart plays. 

She thought for a minute more, then said BRB. 

A few more minutes of silence - and then a picture came through - 

Fa'Rua couldn't make out the face of the woman in the image - she'd taken it in front of a fairly crude reflective surface in what was maybe a bathroom, with her back to the camera she was holding over her left shoulder. But she could see shoulder-length black hair dyed pink at the tips, a white shirt that showed off the kind of upper body development that you wanted to take with you into a good bar brawl, and a right arm flexed to show the muscle. 

A moment or two later. 

If we're gonna talk 'guns', I owe you a picture. That's Earth slang for muscles, by the way. ? 

I've heard stories of some of the, Heroes?, of Terra.  I honestly thought they must be exaggerations.

Fa'Rua looked at the details the matrix provided on 'nukes' and blanched,  Clearly they were not.

A military grade longarm can handle most wildlife and pirates we encounter thankfully.

She waited fiddling with the controls on the scanners absently as Ashley excused herself.

Worth the wait  The Lor suggested playfully,  That's the kind of 'gun' I'd be happy to have close at hand in a tense situation.

You're sweet. Ashley realized, standing in the privacy of her shared bathroom, that she was grinning. It had been a long time since she'd been complimented on her body by someone who meant it, wasn't immediately trying to get her into bed, and was actually a full-grown adult. Maybe I can show you how I use it next time you're on Earth. Oh Jesus what if she beams down in her underwear Ashley took a moment to reassure herself that was very unlikely, because who ever heard of anyone getting weird and clingy over the Internet? 

Dammit! Just let yourself have something good, one time! 

She leaned against the counter and texted 

I want to do this again, but I have to go. When are you free next? 

Thanks you are very easy to talk to.

Fa'Rua looked down at the remainder of the reply and smiled

I've never actually been, but it's definitely on the list now ;) 

The lor checked comparative times and did some quick calculations

I'll probably be back on sensor duty in your, evening?  1800 hours?  and have personal time in the block before then, from 1400 hours?  I think I translated time correctly based on the timestamps for your Freedom Hall.

You've made a slow night much more pleasant.