Torpedo Lass vs. Queen Anne's Revenge

RocketLord

Torpedo Lass

"Oh hello mate. What do we have here?"

She looks at the chain, scratching her chin. "You have got to be playing."

She looks up the chain into the sky. It stopped at 100 feet.

"I could secure this ship all I wanted, but this would still be here..."

She decided to walk over to the chain and see if there was a way to disconnect it from the ship before climbing it. Of course holding on to the chain...

Edited by Sailor
extra info...

GM

The chain was securely fastened. There seemed to be some weird device secured around several links to keep it in place, like a great big, metallic hook, which had rolled around to connect to itself. The chain itself seemed rather formidable. Not something that could easily be broken, even with Torpedo Lass' power. She could try, of course, but that could always attract unwanted attention.

If she looked closely at the point where the chain disappeared, she could see a slight shimmer, like the heat over a road. Something there, but not quite there either. Obviously, the chain had to be connected to something, after all.

Below, she could hear voices and activity. Obviously, someone was down there, and they were reacting to the news of Torpedo Lass' exploits.

• 2 weeks later...

Torpedo Lass

"Oh isn't that cute." She muttered.

She looked over the mast the chain was secured to... some radio stuff, but the radar domes weren't connected to it... possibly one of them would be a sattelite transmitter so there could still be comms, but she wasn't sure. There wasn't really time to look up the blueprints. She took off her vest and clapped her hands like she was knocking dust off of them. She took a few steps back. "Secure the ship, then we deal with whatever is delivering these goons." She thought before crouching. "If you can't cut the rope, break off what it's attached to..."

In a sudden burst of violent force from her super-dense leg muscles she lept forward tackling dead-on into the mast, spearing it effortlessly like a collision with a bridge, sending it swinging away from the cruise ship. She rolls into a wall on the top deck bumping her head. She rubs the top of it with an eye semi closed. "Well... stealth is no longer an option."

She went over to the hatch knocking it open. "THIS IS TORPEDO LASS, SURRENDER NOW OR I WILL USE FORCE! SHOW ME SOME HANDS!!!" She shouted, getting ready to jump down.

It's showtime. One breath and she is going to go on the offensive.

Edited by Sailor

GM

The chain held, even as the mast was knocked off. It had been heavy, but not that heavy, especially not as Torpedo Lass noticed that the mast was now just hanging in mid-air from the chain above. It was quite a peculiar sight, to tell the truth. A chain hanging out from nowhere in the sky, with the mast from a cruise ship attached to it, slowly drifting away. Quite surreal too, to tell the truth.

At the sound of Torpedo Lass springing into action and deciding to just smash things, the cabin below became a flurry of activity. As she rubbed her head she could hear indistinct shouting and yelling, people moving about and then, when the hatch opened, she was met with the sight of at least ten people dressed as pirates, some looking like they might be crew, others like they might be, well, actual pirates. 

"GET 'ER!" a red haired woman with her hair in dreadlocks, an eyepatch and a sword in hand quickly took charge of the situation.

• 4 weeks later...

Torpedo Lass

"Oop... looks like they want a fight after all."

She grabbed her vest and with a step back she jumps away, landing on the bow, the nose of the ship and the open sea behind her. Putting her vest on she saw the pirates scurrying up on to where she was. "I can do this all day, boys! What I want is your commanding officer on deck right now! I want to Parley!" She shouted. "At this point neither of us are in a good position. So it's time to figure out what the hell is goin' on!"

Time to find out what they want... if they attack the goons should be easy enough, but she wanted it from their commander's mouth what they want. "Just so you know I can be reasonible, but all I care about is this ship, her passengers, and crew. Whatever reason you guys are attacking ain't worth harming any of them!"

She did the last buckle of her vest. "Let's see how they respond..." she thought.

Edited by Sailor

GM

Some muffled yells could be heard from inside the cabin as she jumped back, then frantic sounds of movement from all over the ship, more yelling, more noise of movement. Whoever these pirates were, it didn't sound like they had some way of staying in touch with each other, no radios or phones or anything like that. It wasn't long before Torpedo Lass found herself facing at least twenty pirates, all positioning as well as they could, but with little actual tactics. There were several gaps in their ranks, several spaces where she could slip through if need be, and none between her and the ship's nose and the sea.

The captain, the woman with the dreadlocks and eyepatch, approached, holding her right hand up, hand open, with a cutlass in her left hand. She smiled, as she stared at Torpedo Lass. "Parley, you say? An' what good woul' that do us?" She laughed. A deep, hearty laugh. "We're here for riches, lass! Maybe some fun!" The other pirates roared in agreement. "What can you offer that's greater than the riches on this ship, lass?"

Torpedo Lass

"Riches?" Torpedo lass said. "So people's smart phones, possibly laptops are riches? There really isn't a lockup for big money jewlery and things on modern ship, as most people keep that stuff at home and their bank accounts now a days is secured from illegal expenditures. So what I'm tryin' to figure is some pirates with a ship that can cloak is actually lookin' for first." She said, gesturing to the swinging chain. "I mean you don't send somethin' like this at some regular old cruise ship just to steal pocket change from people who probably can afford to lose it... mostly. I mean coming at what amounts to a oversized floating theme-park with a shanty that can cloak?"

She quirked her eyebrow. "What's here, Captain? What's makin' you go all-in with your Klingon bird of prey? Then we can start talking about 'offers'."

Edited by Sailor

GM

"'Tis a big ship, lass. They're bound to have riches and trades for us to pillage." She shook her head and raised her cutlass towards the heroine. "No ship sails the seas just fer fun, not even in this strange world. Either they're rich fools seekin' adventure, or they've got goods we can use. If they're just rich, it'll just be some more work. I admit, I don't know what all yer fancy words like Klingon or Cruise Ship means, but I figure this will give ya some idea of where ya stand, lass!"

She raised her right hand higher, still held open. Above, a full-rigged ship appeared in the sky, cannons ready at its broadside, all rolled out and ready to fire. On the deck of the ship, Torpedo Lass could see numerous pirates positioned, all ready for the fighter. The ship was slowly circling above, the remains of the chain and mast that Torpedo Lass taken away from Queen Anne's Revenge.

The captain smiled, her hand still held high. "So, tell me this, lass: What can ye offer that we can't just take?"

Torpedo Lass

"Well then, I hope you don't mind if I hit that... YEET!" TL didn't even hesitate... at least verbally. She jumped with all of her strength and threw the best punch she thought she could muster. All she had was air. Something didn't feel right about that jump when she took off. She lands on the stern, to think of her next attack. Hit-and-run superheroes she thought weren't part of the plan... or any sort of response to their piracy.

Edited by Sailor

GM

"Ha!" The pirate captain jumped back, away from Torpedo Lass' strike, a triumphant grin on her lips. "Come then, lass! Let's see who's the better fighter!" 

She swung her cutlass around, pointing out all the pirates that surrounded them. "You lot stay outta this! It's between me an' the lass here!" She lowered her raised hand, and the ship above fired. Cannonballs soared through the air, splashing into the water near Torpedo Lass' position, while the captain laughed. "An' my lovely ship up there, of course!"

• 2 weeks later...

Torpedo Lass

She had to get the knock-out quickly. Once this crew of pirates would start to go into disarray she could focus on that ship... If she can't give orders there will be an opening for a good old fashioned boarding.

So she jumps again, This time throwing a knee that will hopefully land in the face of the captain, aiming to land at the stern.

Might as well take a few pages from the boys in Naval Aviation and get some boom and zoom going.

GM

"C'mon, lass! Yer brave, so how about starting to move!?" The captain was perhaps a bit too confident, now. She started to move to the site, trying to dodge the outcoming kick, only to be hit straight in the face. Reeling back, she stumbled a few steps and shook head head.

Raising a hand she opened her mouth, then noticed something was off. Chewing a bit, she eventually spit a tooth out, giving Torpedo Lass a chance for another shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Torpedo Lass

She felt that tooth come loose... and it might have been more than rattlin' her bones that was done on that first hit. Now it was time to press the advantage! She lept at the pirate throwing two well practiced kicks, although she felt the second might not be as clean as the first... she really needed to start actually training with someone familiar with combo-style kickboxing. But now she was face to face with the captain. She knew that any shot on her position would hit the captain as well. That and they've not raided the boat completely yet... she hoped.

But now this fight Torpedo Lass was very much interested in ending.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Torpedo Lass' hits came fast and hard. Up close like this, she took out the Captain's advantage of the ship's backup, that much was true. The Captain might have avoided one blow, or two even, but they just kept raining down on her, with enough force and power to finally send her flying out over the ship, tumbling towards the water below.

Indistinct shouting rose from the deck of the flying ship, the cannons fired again, hitting straight on the target this time!

Torpedo Lass

It did hit... sort of. As most of the rounds hit the water behind her but one hit her square in the face but then the round slides off her cheek... She points at the ship. "I HOPE YOU GOT LIFE VESTS, CAUSE YOU'RE NEXT!!!"

She was starting to get angry... the adrenaline keeping her focus on the fight. There was something off about that hit she thought as she lept into the water where she KNEW the pirate went in. Time to press the new advantage. She goes in after her relish, and takes a swing, her fist glowing greenish like phosphorescence in the wake of a ship at night...

GM

The Pirate Captain fell into the water, shaking her head as she tried to breathe water for a moment, before giving up and starting to swim up towards the surface. She didn't even have time to react before Torpedo Lass dove into the water after her. She barely even noticed, didn't even have time to react, only just managed to turn her head, and then Torpedo Lass upon her!

The blow hit home, the pirate was once more blown through the water, before falling still and slowly starting to sink.

Above, the pirates flocked to the railing of the ship, all looking into the water where Torpedo Lass had disappeared, while the ship overhead slowly began descending towards the area where the pirates had gathered.

Torpedo Lass

Mary suddenly was quite satisfied with the result. She puts her vest on the pirate, turning a valve it hisses to life sending the unconscious pirate to the surface, keeping her head above the water like a proper life vest.
She follows suit following up with her, swimming to the surface and dragging the pirate over to the raft she had left at the other side of the cruise ship and easily flopping her in, then swimming at a decent and sane speed to the other side, before getting into the raft herself.

"Okay.... seems your captain's disagreement with me is sorted!" She shouts to the crew on the deck of the cruise ship. "Two options! Either you guys get on your little dinghy over there and take your drowned rat of a captain out of here, or once the US Navy shows up wondering why there's some distress signals that got broadcast from this location and they discover you guys messing about... well... I don't know what their mood will be."

"And judging by the hull of your ship... I don't think it can take some anti-ship missiles from an F/A-18. I should know... former Navy."

She says, crossing her arms, standing on the raft like it was nothing. "Your call."

"If any of you want to keep causing trouble for this ship... well I haven't had this much fun in a while. But you can see I'm reasonable. Even saved your captain instead of leavin' her to the sharks."

The side of her cheek smarted a little... but it was worth it. "WELL?"

Edited by Sailor

GM

The pirates looked at each other. They seemed unsure on who should speak up, on what decision to make. Finally one of them, a large man with a short beard and bald head stepped forward, slowly lowering his pistol. "Aye. We will step down, Lass." There were a lot of pirates there, but they had just seen what Torpedo Lass had done. "Give us the captain, and we'll be off! If ya don't, then we'll have a proper fight, none a' all this one-on-one nonsense!" 

The ship from above threw down an unfolding rope ladder, while the rest of the pirates gave agreeing murmurs and shouts. They all remained standing right now, a large group. Torpedo Lass might be able to take them all on on her own, but maybe she made the right choice by choosing diplomacy for now.

Torpedo Lass

She took the vest off the captain and puts it back on herself. "Well, stick to your end of the bargain and you got a deal."

She puts the captain over her shoulders and jumps up near where the crew is on the cruise ship. "Okay..." Torpedo Lass gently lays the Captain down on deck. "...There she is, seems we got an understanding." Right now if they're going to leave without further threatening the Cruise Ship, she considers the battle over. Hopefully the Navy doesn't show up suddenly and considers shooting first. She doesn't want a fight this close to the cruise ship. "As long as this ship, passengers, and crew are unharmed, I can live with this arrangement." she says. Crossing her arms. Watching their every move, particularly watching the port holes where the cannons are, as well as the deck of the pirate ship.

Edited by Sailor

GM

The ship remained above, remaining stationary above the ship as the pirates began to climb the ladder one by one. One carried the captain, still unconscious, all made various grumbling noises and curses, some in English, some in another language, a rather melodic sound, though with some harsh words. It wasn't long before they had all climbed aboard, and the ladder was pulled up.

The pirate that had agreed to Torpedo Lass' offer leaned over the ship and shouted something. It was difficult to make out exactly what, but something about them remembering this. Slowly, the ship started to fade from sight, before it was gone, leaving Torpedo Lass and Queen Anne's Revenge behind.

Torpedo Lass

She crossed her arms, watching their ship closely for a few moments.

She then went to the Bridge of the ship, to check on whoever was there, and to get a hold of Engineering. "Hey guys still okay down there?"

Looking around she scratched her head. "Would be easier to know who the captain was if everyone was in Navy uniforms... Who's the captain here?"

All she needed... and wanted to do... was to make sure there was no one on the crew severely injured. If the ship was otherwise in working order would be a good idea to know where they were going. And to get permission to stay on board until the ship made it to port.

Edited by Sailor

GM

It didn't take that long to find the captain, and aside from finding a few unconscious pirates that the others had left behind, the rest of the voyage to the nearest port was uneventful. Sure, the few remaining pirates acted up now and again, but they were quickly subdued, and they actually garnered some attention from the crew and guests. With Torpedo Lass walking the halls, some of the ship's guests even came to believe that it had all just been an elaborate show.

Queen Anne's Revenge sailed on... and the Sky-Pirates sailed on in the sky. Perhaps their threat would come true, perhaps not. Only time would tell.