Octoman

Uncle Sasha did a lot of odd jobs for various community organizations for the Ukrainian communities in Freedom.

"Uh HUH." After Dayv's family left, Ben whispered "Hey, Man, I got a lot of TV shows on my hard drives back in the dorm. Remind me to make you copies of The Sopranos and Breaking Bad. They're, um...they're good shows. No other reason."

"Hey, I got an invite to go up to the roof and hang out with Micah and some others while he plays guitar.  Wanna come?"

Ben came to a sudden stop. His jaw fell open. "...Dude. DUDE. 'GUITAR'? You SERIOUSLY just asked THE DEAF KID if he wants to come to a freaking JAM SESSION?" His eyes started to tear up. "Day ONE, and you're ALREADY makin' fun of me? I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA BE MY FRIEND! HOW COULD Y-BWAHAHAHAHAH!" Ben cracked up laughing so hard he actually did wind up squeezing out a couple of tears. He leaned on Dayv with one hand to steady himself. "OH MY GOD! *WHEEZE* YOUR FACE! *COUGH* I'm sorry, Man, that was mean." He moved his hand from one of Dayv's shoulders to the other, pulling him in for a quick half-embrace before breaking away. "Hehhh. Hell YEAH I wanna come."

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Forever Boy

"I have not, but add me!" Pan called out to Davyd, as he raised his hand in a greeting before following along with Micah to the roof. He slowly started floating rather than walking, his feet reaching just an inch or so above the floor and stairs, leaving just a faint trail of Pixie Dust dropping from his feet. 

Swinging his phone around in his hand a bit, he quickly shifted it into his pocket and answered Micah's question about Davyd. "A trip to the Carribean, Veronica was kind enough to invite Davyd, Lulu, Adam and myself." He could tell more, of course, but it felt like Micah needed to get things off his chest, so he held back. His stories of adventure could always wait for another day.

He followed, and listened, floating alongside his friend with his hands behind his back. He talked of his family, of fights with his mother, of the death of his father, of his plans for the future. Truth to be told, Pan had a hard time relating. He had never known a parent, he had never had anyone that he cared about holding him back from his dreams. Never been the one to stop others, or be stopped in turn, but still, he listened, sitting down on the air and floating just off the side of the roof as Micah played the haunting melody. There was something familiar about it, to tell the truth, but Pan couldn't quite place it.

"Ha!" He couldn't help himself, after the somber speech, after talking about his future, his fears, and then, his dressing down of Leroy. 

He chuckled for a moment, before taking a deep breath to try and stop. "Sorry my friend, that last note was just... perfect!" He let out another short giggle, before shaking his head. "I must admit, I know little of a mother's love. That has always been an absence for me, but I believe that her position comes from care, rather than any malice, no?" He made a slight pause, for the effect, of course. "But, even then, I believe that you should do what you want to do. If you want to fly, then you fly, under your own power or in a marvelous machine! If you want to be a hero, to protect people, then I believe there is no higher calling than that of adventure!" He was moving his hands in front of himself, weaving images out of his Pixie Dust, of Micah, flying in a rough approximation of a fighter jet that Pan had seen once, but was obviously unfamiliar with. He held his hand up, palm to the sky, and let the tiny Micah fly around them in the jet, with sound and everything. "I do not know what happened to your father, and I am truly sorry for your loss, my friend, but is part of love not the ability to let someone be themselves? To let them do what they need to do? Given time, I am sure that your mother will understand." His lips twisted into a mischievous smile. "And besides, if I remember the rules of this world right, it is not like she can stop you once you come of age, no?" 

As the little plane flew around them still, Pan's thoughts turned to something else, that last part. Micah's statement to Leroy, while not unexpected, was perhaps a tiny bit exaggerated. Now, Pan was all for playing a prank, but Micah's feelings on Leroy seemed excessive for something as small as Leroy's little insult. Pan leaned in, just a bit closer. "Now, about Leroy: I can freely admit that he is not easiest person to get along with here, but I have fought alongside him, and perhaps that has helped a bit, but I cannot help that there is something more to this than what happened earlier. Am I completely wrong here, my friend?" He kept his eyes close on Micah. There was a mystery here, small as it might be, and he would solve it.

"Yeah, I'm not trying to mess with you, buddy. I know we've lived pretty different lives. And...you're right. She's worried because she loves me. It's just...I dunno. I guess this is just kind of part of a teenager? Me and her are kind of...readjusting."

At the statement regarding his father, Micah closed his eyes and continued to play.

"He died. Heart attack. Just....dropped dead one day at the office. I said 'bye dad, I love you' that morning, and that night he was gone. He didn't even get shot or anything. That happens, you know? Get too much beer into some rednecks and, well...anyway."

He opened his eyes. 

"I think we'll figure it out, but that was kind of rolling in the back of my head today, yeah?"

He laughed at Pan's words. He couldn't help it.

"Well, some of what he said touched some deep nerves. Beyond that-"

22 minutes ago, Semi-Autogyro said:

The song that Claude had been listening too finished so he decided might was well go explore the campus some more. Or look for some food. Either sounded fine. Claude had seen the e-mail that indicated the cafeteria would be open if the parents wanted to eat with their kids before they left. 'Eh, beats sittin' here staring at nothin' at least and I'll get a bead on if I should skip eatin' chow in this joint,' he thought to himself as he rose to his feet and took out his earbuds.

Once he did so, Claude heard the last strains of one of the Man in Blacks' more famous songs. Well, cover. Cash did more than his fair share of those. Whoever playing wasn't bad, they sounded more like a serious hobbyist than professional but the emotion was there. That would mark another one of his future classmates that had been packing an axe of some form. In this case wooden. 'Maybe I'll ask around later on in the semester if anybody is interested in making a band,' the Bostonian idly mused as he walked towards the pair of students. Nicky boy back in the room had a decent electric from what he had seen.

He caught the tail end of their conversation as the red haired boy was much more animated than his more morose counterpart with the acoustic in his hands. The subject was about Leroy and his ill advised earlier antics. 'Eesh, not touchin' that train wreck again,' Claude thought as he cleared his throat to get their attention."Yo," he drawled as he gave the pair a lazy wave in greeting before addressing the guitarist. "Just wanted to say that was a good unplugged cover of Riders ya just did."  

And then a new guy was there. Micah glanced at Pan and tried to communicate the idea of "we can talk about it later" before he turned to Claude.

"Uh. Thanks. Not like I can do a whole band piece, but it works pretty well with just an acoustic, and that's what I've got. Plus, I like the song."

He stood up and offered the new(?) guy a hand to shake. 

"My name's Micah. Nice to meet you."

Forever Boy

Pan listened, but otherwise remained silent. Micah needed to speak, to get things off his chest, and some times, as much as he liked to talk himself, it was best to listen, was it not? He was getting somewhere, at least! While frustrated, Micah could at least his mother's point, and he had his own thoughts on the matter, on his father's death, and on the buttons Leroy had pushed, and... then the new boy, Claude, had called out.

So close. Oh well. Pan would find out what was "beyond that" some other time! Obviously, Micah wanted to keep this private!

"Ah, yes, you were the one that Ashley was threatening, were you not?" Pan flew closer, quickly grabbing Claude's other hand and shaking it, grinning all the while. "Happens to the best of us! Several times, probably! I am Pan, happy to meet you!" He let go, flew a step back and bowed in mid-air.

Inside-Sun Dragon

On September 20, 2019 at 8:28 PM, angrydurf said:

"First things first, did you perchance apologize in the course of this display of devotion or ...?"  he asked a bit tiredly and bit his lip nervously, "Marriage is not normally arranged at such ages, and uh, blooded anything is in the territory of the unusual to say the least."  he let out a small sigh, "Ashley I'm sure is protective they seem to be of quite conservative background despite the fate of their world."  he paused to consider the situation for a long moment, "If she truly feels as you do Judy will come around if you manage to make genuine amends."  he glanced to the stairs then paused thinking carefully, "Ashley may feel a responsibility for her younger sister without family here, perhaps you should make clear to her your intentions and impress upon her that you'll not break her sisters heart with your antics, that this is real and not a spoiled princes flight of fancy."

"This is no fancy, Kameron Kingdom. Judy Smith knew I was sincere and was agreeing to have me when Ashley broke in claiming their parents would not approve! The parents they just lost last year! Whom she never speaks of!" Leroy frowned, rubbing his chin, his tattoos of monsters and destruction shimmering across his exposed upper body, "The more I learn, the more I wonder...anyway!" He rounded suddenly on Kam again, golden eyes bright, "Her fears are groundless! We will not be wed for at least another two years and Dee does not let me off the claw easily should I cause her pain or worry. After graduation we will be adept and well-connected heroes who truly understand one another, my family will have accepted her into the fold and I will have found a way for her to live exactly as she wishes. Our future together will be glorious and nothing can stop that!" 

He turned to the Atlantean occult engineer, positively vibrating with excitement, "Good Heroditus, I must introduce you to someone, a Surfacer named Nicole. Her talents are precisely in your wheelhouse and of matchless fusion in the Arts. I must consult with you both soon over the movements of souls." Gesturing out the window he went on darkly "This world is fraught and wounded, and so much of it hecause people are trapped in the bodies of their birth. A solution must be found, and soon!"

"Oh! Kameron, I neglected to ask: how was your summer, my friend?" He smiled cheerfully up at the other boy. "Mine was endless family gatherings and nodding politely at severed heads." He rolled his eyes, laughing at the mere notion.

Shaking his head as he demurred Kam replied to the Atlanteans question, "Ah no.  Not my area of study." he raised a brow at Leroy, "I believe Leroy made the suggestion based on my having any scholastic interests a point where we are known to diverge."  he teased mildly.  

The secret prince of Dakana stared at Leroy for a long moment at his roommates stream of consciousness reply and nodded slowly as he tried to parse all that was said, "Ah yes, She graduated last year but I'm sure if you're interested the school could put you in contact."  he noted to Heroditus regarding Nicole. 

Returning his attention to Leroy he let out a small sigh, "I have my doubts now is hte time for the fullness of this conversation."  he pointed out wearily glancing to Heroditus who was putting on quite the brave front not fleeing from the madness.  "Clearly her sister does not approve, you are both very young for such commitments."  he shrugged slightly as he tried to offer helpful guidance.  "I know it not your usual method but perhaps in this case rather than dramatic gesture it would be suitable to try and understand where she is coming from."  Kam countered as helpfully as he could manage, "They have lost much in a short time, you quite swept Judy off her feet then vanished for months leaving her quite forlorn."  He tried to give Leroy a chance to piece it together then gave up before he got the wrong idea, "A proposal may please Judy, Ashley however sees it as another promise she doesn't trust you to keep, perhaps give her reason to trust you to do so."  

Motioning to Heroditus to follow he began moving toward the stairs, "Lets see if perhaps the RA is upstairs or at least allow you to see your sleeping arrangements shall we?"  he suggested helpfully and nodded to Leroy, "You coming or need to get arranged down here?"  he inquired

"Okay, Benny it is. Well, we do have another Ben right now, so ah might call you Frankie at some point; we'll see how it goes, ah guess." Lulu flipped through the pages on her clipboard. "Ah can walk you to your room, if you like; just want to see who your roommate's goin' to be." She peered down at the page and squinted. "'Heroditus Stylianos'; well, that's a mouthful! Ah guess you'll probably meet him today."

She led him inside and up a flight of stairs, waving at several of her fellow students as she passed by; apparently Lulu was a popular student. "So, what kind of powers do you have, Benny, if you don't mind mah askin'? Ah'm a telepath myself." 

On 9/26/2019 at 10:54 PM, KnightDisciple said:

"My name's Micah. Nice to meet you."

On 9/27/2019 at 2:55 AM, RocketLord said:

"Ah, yes, you were the one that Ashley was threatening, were you not?" Pan flew closer, quickly grabbing Claude's other hand and shaking it, grinning all the while. "Happens to the best of us! Several times, probably! I am Pan, happy to meet you!" He let go, flew a step back and bowed in mid-air.

Claude shook the offered hand from Micah when then the other teen grabbed his other hand and shook it with lot of enthusiasm. Then the words uttered by the manic pixie dream boy hit home. The only thought in his dumbfounded mind was a 'What?!' before he mentally shoved the shock aside to address the pair a moment later. "Names' Claude. How you doin'?" 

Luckily Pans' introduction had bought him a few more moments of respite to parse his thoughts. 'Okay, so maybe a causal loop situation? How the hell did the Doc miss something like a fictional character bein' nonfictional? Gah, need to talk to him directly about this. Might as well bring along new roomie too. Save some explanations, at least.' While he was sorting out the temporal issue, Claude just sort of let his other idle thought at meeting Pan just shoot out of his mouth unfiltered. 

"Dat a nickname? 'Cause I'm wonderin' if your parents intentionally decided to name ya after kitchenware and you have a sister named Dish runnin' 'round here somewhere." Came Caludes' response in fullbore Southie accent along with an inquisitively quirked eyebrow behind his sunglasses. 

Edited by Semi-Autogyro

Benny carried his bags like they were nothing alongside her, nodding at her words, "Heh.  Benjamin is kinda a common name."  The 'youse guys' accent pretty strong, placing him as from the Northeast, probably.  He blinked a bit, at the question, and he scrunched his nose, his upper lip curling back, not so much in a sneer, more as a curious expression from his owlish look at her.  "Uh... I get back up, that's the best way to put it.  I dunno.  Heh," he had a short chuckle, a little amused by the turn of things, as he looked back around them, at the other students, who were demonstrating their own powers around him.

This wasn't entirely what he was used to... were there more people like him now?  Was he remember things right?  It was hard to parse.

"I kinda, yanno, kinda got raised by the Padre who drop me off... er, the Father, I guess, he doesn't like me callin' him Padre."  He said by way of explanation, "Taught me how to box and other things.  Helped with some discipline.  Got some chemicals dumped on me in an accident, so's I just, yanno, get back up."  He looked pensive, but he nodded at his words.

Artificer -- Dorm Interior, 1st Floor

Heroditus shifted uneasily, partly from being unaccustomed to standing in a non-buoyant environment, partly from the awkwardness of being a third wheel in Leroy & Kam's discussion.  Kameron does seem wise, I shall have to remember him should I have questions.  He perked up a bit at Leroy's description of Nicole, fell a bit when Kam said she'd graduated already, but perked up again at the promise of contact being made anyway.  He took a long drink from his waterskin and was about to excuse himself when Kam suggested going upstairs.  He bowed slightly to the secret prince, "thank you, that is very kind of you.  I do hope all is in order!"

And so, Kameron and Heroditus ascended the stairs and made their way to room 214, getting there just as Lulu and Benjamin did.

Horrorshow -- Dorm Interior, 2nd Floor

"Hrm?  Oh, thanks!  I've been wanting to watch those," he nodded, smiling.  "Mom would never let me, said they were 'too violent' and a 'bad influence.'  Uncle Sasha seemed to like 'em, though, would always go off to viewing parties with some of the guys he works with."

Davyd completely and utterly fell for Ben's feigned indignation, and was halfway through an apology when the prank was revealed.  He scowled and frowned, pulled one arm back like he was going to swat at Ben... then began to laugh, and turned his slap into a high five.  "Man, you got me good!  You've got to teach me how you do that so well!"

Soon they were on the roof, with Micah and Pan and Claude.  "Hey guys!  I told my roommate about this, invited him along.  Hope that's okay.  Ben, this is Pan," he gestured towards the floating boy, "he & I got up to some wild stuff down in the Virgin Islands over the summer.  And that's Micah," he gestured towards the guitar player, then the third one, "and this is... oh, sorry, I don't believe we've met."  He extended a hand to Claude, "name's Davyd.  This is Ben."

On 9/27/2019 at 3:55 AM, RocketLord said:

Forever Boy

Pan listened, but otherwise remained silent. Micah needed to speak, to get things off his chest, and some times, as much as he liked to talk himself, it was best to listen, was it not? He was getting somewhere, at least! While frustrated, Micah could at least his mother's point, and he had his own thoughts on the matter, on his father's death, and on the buttons Leroy had pushed, and... then the new boy, Claude, had called out.

So close. Oh well. Pan would find out what was "beyond that" some other time! Obviously, Micah wanted to keep this private!

Micah just rolled his eyes.

"Only you would be proud of that, man."

On 9/28/2019 at 3:43 PM, Semi-Autogyro said:

Claude shook the offered hand from Micah when then the other teen grabbed his other hand and shook it with lot of enthusiasm. Then the words uttered by the manic pixie dream boy hit home. The only thought in his dumbfounded mind was a 'What?!' before he mentally shoved the shock aside to address the pair a moment later. "Names' Claude. How you doin'?" 

Luckily Pans' introduction had bought him a few more moments of respite to parse his thoughts. 'Okay, so maybe a causal loop situation? How the hell did the Doc miss something like a fictional character bein' nonfictional? Gah, need to talk to him directly about this. Might as well bring along new roomie too. Save some explanations, at least.' While he was sorting out the temporal issue, Claude just sort of let his other idle thought at meeting Pan just shoot out of his mouth unfiltered. 

"Dat a nickname? 'Cause I'm wonderin' if your parents intentionally decided to name ya after kitchenware and you have a sister named Dish runnin' 'round here somewhere." Came Caludes' response in fullbore Southie accent along with an inquisitively quirked eyebrow behind his sunglasses. 

Micah's expression became a bit more guarded at Claude's comments about his roommate's name. Still, he spoke politely and with a friendly manner.

"I'm alright. And it's not a nickname, that's his name."

22 hours ago, Dr Archeville said:

Horrorshow -- Dorm Interior, 2nd Floor

"Hrm?  Oh, thanks!  I've been wanting to watch those," he nodded, smiling.  "Mom would never let me, said they were 'too violent' and a 'bad influence.'  Uncle Sasha seemed to like 'em, though, would always go off to viewing parties with some of the guys he works with."

Davyd completely and utterly fell for Ben's feigned indignation, and was halfway through an apology when the prank was revealed.  He scowled and frowned, pulled one arm back like he was going to swat at Ben... then began to laugh, and turned his slap into a high five.  "Man, you got me good!  You've got to teach me how you do that so well!"

Soon they were on the roof, with Micah and Pan and Claude.  "Hey guys!  I told my roommate about this, invited him along.  Hope that's okay.  Ben, this is Pan," he gestured towards the floating boy, "he & I got up to some wild stuff down in the Virgin Islands over the summer.  And that's Micah," he gestured towards the guitar player, then the third one, "and this is... oh, sorry, I don't believe we've met."  He extended a hand to Claude, "name's Davyd.  This is Ben."

Micah blinked, then shrugged. He took a half-step forward and offered Ben his hand for a quick shake.

"Nice to meet you, Ben. I'm Micah, like he said. Didn't really expect this big of an audience, but oh well."

He sat down on the same wall he'd been perched on before, and began to strum aimlessly for a moment.

"So. I've figured out what Davyd can do, and Pan and I are roommates so I know his powers pretty well. I'm, ah..."

He stopped, then looked up. The sky above them darkened for a few moments, as a cloud just...appeared. As soon as it appeared, it was gone. He looked back at the others, his face holding a slightly mischievous smile.

"Let's just say that I don't care too much about weather forecasts. But...what can y'all do?"

He started to play his guitar again, and this time the chords of another song came out. 

Octoman

"Man, you got me good!  You've got to teach me how you do that so well!"

Ben pressed his hand against his own chest. "Hey, Man, what I have, I'm not sure it can be taught. But the first step is just, like, putting yourself in the mindset. Pretend like what you're saying actually IS true. You make YOURSELF feel it, and you'll make THEM feel it."

"Hey guys!  I told my roommate about this, invited him along.  Hope that's okay."

"Hey, and if it ISN'T OK, just PRETEND it is so you don't hurt my feelings!" Ben slapped Micah's shoulder and laughed. "NAHHH, if you guys wanna be alone, just tell me to go lick a wall socket. I don't have FEELINGS!"

"Ben, this is Pan," he gestured towards the floating boy, "he & I got up to some wild stuff down in the Virgin Islands over the summer. And that's Micah," he gestured towards the guitar player, then the third one, "and this is... oh, sorry, I don't believe we've met." He extended a hand to Claude, "name's Davyd. This is Ben."

"Nice to meet you, Ben. I'm Micah, like he said. Didn't really expect this big of an audience, but oh well."

Ben held his hands up. "Heyyy, don't worry about it, man, audience isn't as big as you think. I mean, if you really want me to appreciate the performance, I can stick my hand on your guitar the whole time you're playing, 'cause I'm not feelin' it unless I'm FEELIN' it, ya dig?" He waved a finger in a circle next to his ear. "Had a little accident last year, turned the volume down and broke the knob off. Gonna need you to speak into THESE." He pointed two fingers toward his own eyes. "And guitar strings don't have lips."

Ben distributed an array of fist-bumps and high-fives to the assembled teens. "What up, thanks for lettin' us crash this little shin-dig. Benicio Wang, the one and only. Brooklyn born and bred, that's my main superpower. Also a LEET HAXXOR extraordinaire, and MASTER OF ONE-HUNDRED HANDS KUNG FU!" He jumped into a fighting stance, and eight tentacles burst out from under his shirt, aligning themselves roughly with his arms. "Just kidding, I took Silat." He dropped out of the combat stance and the tentacles quickly retracted, making wet slurping sounds as they slid back into his body.

Forever Boy

On 9/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, Semi-Autogyro said:

5 hours ago, KnightDisciple said:

Micah's expression became a bit more guarded at Claude's comments about his roommate's name. Still, he spoke politely and with a friendly manner.

"I'm alright. And it's not a nickname, that's his name."

"Oh yes, I was brought up alongside Pot, Glass, Fork and Knife. There was a whole theme there. Sadly, they are all home on Neverworld." Pan winked at Micah as he explained, sounding completely sincere. And after all, who would know if he spoke the truth or not? He had never told anyone how Pixies were named, and they had named him Pan, after all.

4 hours ago, Grumblefloof said:

Ben distributed an array of fist-bumps and high-fives to the assembled teens. "What up, thanks for lettin' us crash this little shin-dig. Benicio Wang, the one and only. Brooklyn born and bred, that's my main superpower. Also a LEET HAXXOR extraordinaire, and MASTER OF ONE-HUNDRED HANDS KUNG FU!" He jumped into a fighting stance, and eight tentacles burst out from under his shirt, aligning themselves roughly with his arms. "Just kidding, I took Silat." He dropped out of the combat stance and the tentacles quickly retracted, making wet slurping sounds as they slid back into his body.

While Pan had waved in greeting to Davyd, he was mildly put off by Ben, and his rapid fire speech with so many words that seemed to make so little sense, coming all at once. He blinked, returning high-fives as necessary, moving quickly to keep up with him, before letting out a loud laugh. "I have no idea what half of what you just said meant, but it is great to meet you, Ben!" He did a quick bow in mid-air to Ben, pointing to the sky. "No dark clouds when Micah is around, my friends!"

Micah had a good point, though! New students, new friends, new adventures! Everyone here could do something, it seemed, even Ashley was handy with her gun, even if she didn't even remotely like being here, so, it would be interesting. "Yes, let us hear it! Ben obviously has the whole multi-armed thing, but what else can you do? And what about you, Claude? As for me... It should be obvious!" He took a few steps around in mid-air, while golden dust fell from him. Of course, he could do much with the Pixie Dust that they wouldn't learn just from that, but where was the fun in telling them everything?

Goodbye...

The sudden emotional silence inside his head told him the connection was gone. To be honest, Nick wanted the conversation to continue. Lulu had other duties and was no doubt greeting other new students. He liked her. She was good people. He made a mental note to seek out Lulu, and by extension, her boyfriend, Adam.

With a silent sigh, Nick hauled himself vertical and sat the guitar on the amp. Room 102 was quiet although he could pick up sounds in every direction. Claude must have vacated. Curious fellow that one. Chewing his lip, Nick considered what to do next when the obvious struck him.

Slapping his own forehead, Nick peeked out the door, left and right, and headed down the hall during a quiet moment. The crowds had thinned considerably much to Nick's relief. He stood before the empty cart blinking. After a pause, he shuffled back to his room. He smiled at the armload of goodies. Claude was probably good people too.

Moving in didn't take long for Nick either. A drawer's worth of clothes, toiletries in the bathroom, and a couple pairs of shoes slipped under his bed. Various and sundry school supplies were dumped unceremoniously on his desk. Three framed pictures were in his hands when he spotted Claude's photos. He examined them for a moment with a wistful look on his face. Two of the three of his own photos were tossed in the empty bin. The third was placed on his desk. The subjects were a younger Nick, proudly holding a trout, and an older man holding a fishing pole. Both sported big smiles.

Edited by Dariusprime

Claude grinned at Pans' answer, not missing the wink to Micah. "Well I'd imagine they'd be helpful to have around with imaginary..." He was cut of mid sentence as two more guys showed up.

He shook Davyds' hand and gave the other a fist bump to a tentacle. "Claude. 'Sup." 

The Bostonian glanced upward at the cloud and then smirked the antics of the Brooklyn Octopod and Pan, inwardly he was grateful to Selena had told him that the first day was usually unofficial power flexing day. So he had come prepared for Pans' exact question. "Sorry, I ain't as flash as you guys." Claude drolly replied as he reached into one of his pockets and drew out...a deck of cards? 

Claude did a bit of up close magic for them as he talked purposefully staring straight at Ben. "Ever hear of  Robert Heinlen? 'A human bein' should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a buildin', write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wahl, set a bone, comfort the dyin', take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.' That's me. I can know or learn pretty much anythin'. Usually they call it polymath or savant, but I prefer Renaissance Man."  

Edited by Semi-Autogyro

Octoman

"I have no idea what half of what you just said meant."

"Yeah, I get that a lot. Most people can't keep track of where I'm goin'. Just go with it and you'll be fine. I always know what I'm doing."

"Ben obviously has the whole multi-armed thing..."

"Tip of the iceberg, Amigo. I got so many powers outta that accident even I don't know everything I can do. Seriously, I feel like I find a new power every other week. I'm strong, I'm fast, I'm flexible, my blood is weird, the other day I found out I have more than one heart..."

"Sorry, I ain't as flash as you guys."

"Hey, they don't come flashier than yours truly. Or they didn't until I saw that 'Leroy' kid. Brother's got MAD style. Like he just walked off a freakin' RUNWAY. Is he, like, an alien prince or something? I know they got aliens that look just like us. Not like the Grue, where they CAN look like us, but, like, ALL the time."

Claude did a bit of up close magic for them as he talked purposefully stalking straight at Ben. "Ever hear of  Robert Heinlen? 'A human bein' should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog..."

"DUDE, SICK!" Ben was smiling from ear to ear, almost completely hypnotized by Claude's prestidigitation. Almost, but not so mesmerized that he couldn't follow along enough to start nodding his head and repeating the Time Enough For Love quote in unison with Claude. "...butcher a hog, conn a ship, yeah, Heinlein, The Moon is a harsh mistress but she only charges a hundred and fifty bucks an hour. Man, I wanna learn how you did ALL of that."

Ms. Thursday

The skies above Claremont Academy suddenly darkened and turned stormy. Clouds appeared out of nowhere and replaced the clear summer sky. Students and parents were on the verge of rushing inside to avoid the showers but quickly realized that there was no need when the clouds dissipated just as quickly as they had arrived... But a moment before they did a beam of rainbow light cut through the dark sky like a sword and hit an empty section of the parking lot with a crash that sounded a lot like a bolt of lightning. 

Emerging from the mess of multi-colored magical energies that lingered where the Rainbow Bridge dropped its passenger was a very annoyed Astrid Torsten, who was flipping the bird to the sky even as she walked out out of the parking lot. The Half-Asgardian was wearing her typical fare: A denim jacket and pants ensemble that had both seen better years, a Darkthrone t-shirt she had gotten over the summer, and a sweet pair of black Doc Martens. She also had two massive duffel bags on her. One was held in her left hand and the other strapped to her back.  While the latter shifted and moved about with Astrid's angry steps, the former was held tightly to avoid any movements that could end up breaking anything precious within. 

When Astrid got to the front of Claremont's doors, and finally lost the barely suppressed urge to shout at the sky like a maniac for her bumpy ride back to Midgard, she softy dropped the duffel bag in her hand and dove into her pocket for something. After a few seconds of rambling for a sheet of paper that would tell her where the Hell she was supposed to go and who her roommate was supposed to be Astrid gave up and started cursing. A lot. In several languages. And very, very loudly. 

It took about a half-minute of her literal raging at the gods for dropping her at Claremont with the aim of a drunk archer and likely losing her roommate notes in some random dimension for Astrid to realize that she was making a fool of herself and that she should probably care about that.

She sighed, made one last curse under her breath and pushed inside Claremont after she picking up her duffel bag again. Without an guide on where she was supposed to be Astrid moved across the campus building looking for the front desk before halfway changing her remind. It was a pain to lose the note but she still had time to just wonder around and see if saw anyone she recognized. If anything that was probably for the best. Talking with someone familiar would definitely chill her out after weird Aesir shenanigans. 

"So basically you're good at boxin' and you're really tough? That's cool. Ah ain't tough at all, so ah for one am happy to have you on the Claremont team. 'Diversity is our strength!'" Was that a quote from someone? It probably was, but Lulu wasn't sure. She led Benny right to his door just as Kameron and his charge arrived.

"Oh, hi Kam! How was your summer? Oh, and is that Herodotus with you? Hi, nice to meet you!" The cheerful redhead smiled and waved at the Atlantean exchange student.

Edited by Heritage

Inside-Sun Dragon

On 9/27/2019 at 7:34 PM, angrydurf said:

Motioning to Heroditus to follow he began moving toward the stairs, "Lets see if perhaps the RA is upstairs or at least allow you to see your sleeping arrangements shall we?"  he suggested helpfully and nodded to Leroy, "You coming or need to get arranged down here?"  he inquired

"I suppose the unpacking needs doing sooner or later. Yet it is such a lovely day, Kameron Kingdom. I simply must admire it for a time! A pleasure to meet you, Heroditus Stylianos!"  Waving after the other two, Leroy turned to one of the windows, smiling benevolently upon the sunlit planet as if it were his own work. 

Only after their footsteps receded did Leroy let out a long sigh and relax his grin, slumping forward until his head hit the glass. Staring outside at the Claremont Academy walls, he muttered under his breath "Fitting."

Suddenly a girl had fallen out of the sky, a very familiar one, the sight banishing in an instant whatever Leroy had been thinking about. Shoving open the window he launched out across the grounds, waving furiously with both arms and legs, the robes flapping and swirling around him like the wings of a particularly ungainly and colorful bird. 

"Astrid! Hallooooo! Battle-maid, Ms. Thursday! It is I, Leroy, the boy who spent most of that fight with the goat-man-giant in a frozen mass!" he landed lightly on the ground next to her, his eyes piercing gold and dancing with joy, "How has your summer been? What is Asgard like? Were there any dogs?

Ms. Thursday 

Even though Leroy literally jumped out a window and hit the ground didn't hear him land. Then again, that's not particularely surprisingly when you can manipulate gravity and give yourself a nice soft landing. Astrid might have been envious about his much happier landing compared to her own if she wasn't already smile at him.  

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Leroy," she cautioned jokingly, putting on her hands in mock protest. "I know it probably feels like you haven't seen you me in ages but you gotta ease into the questions. A girl can only answer so much on the spot, ya know?" 

She careful dropped both her duffel bags to the sides and enveloped Leroy a tight hug. Sure, it might have a bit to familiar, but Astrid was still a little angry and needed some positive feels. Plus, Leroy seemed like the type of guy that was into hugs. Astrid released him from it after a second and started answering his questions, listing them off with her fingers. 

"Now with that out of the way. Pretty good since I got to do a lot of travelling. Cold, miserable and filled with easily angered drunk people. And totally. Big ones too. Especially the wolves. I actually tried to make one a pet. That was definitely a bad idea. Fun try, but still real stupid." She giggled to herself reminiscing about her sad attempt at wolf training before asking her own question. "What about you, huh? How was your summer? Went back home for a bit?"

6 hours ago, Grumblefloof said:

"Hey, they don't come flashier than yours truly. Or they didn't until I saw that 'Leroy' kid. Brother's got MAD style. Like he just walked off a freakin' RUNWAY. Is he, like, an alien prince or something? I know they got aliens that look just like us. Not like the Grue, where they CAN look like us, but, like, ALL the time."

7 hours ago, Semi-Autogyro said:

Claude did a bit of up close magic for them as he talked purposefully staring straight at Ben. "Ever hear of  Robert Heinlen? 'A human bein' should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a buildin', write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wahl, set a bone, comfort the dyin', take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.' That's me. I can know or learn pretty much anythin'. Usually they call it polymath or savant, but I prefer Renaissance Man."  

Pan watched as Claude explained and worked his magic, his right arm resting in his left hand by the elbow, his right hand in front of his mouth half-concealed a wide grin. He loved magic tricks, even if he had never heard about Robert Heinlein or any of the others that were rapidly mentioned. A renaissance man, then? A super learner? Interesting. 

And Ben's powers, they sounded outright strange, but so fascinating. And the way he spoke of them, he was clearly not born with those abilities, or those arms. Interesting.

Observing them for a moment still, he clasped his hands in front of himself. "Alternate Earth prince, as one would have it. Not quite alien, but I have found that being alien or not can be quite relative here at Claremont. I believe that he is from a place that he calls Earth-2, as is his dragon companion, Dio." As the others, he made sure to speak in Ben's direction. "We were on the same squad last year. He was interesting to fight alongside." He paused, then his smile brightened, as if he remembered something good. "How much have you been told about Claremont, and what might happen? It is, after all, not quite a normal school, and things are rarely quiet around here." 

Kam frowned slightly at his roomates reply but nodded agreement eventually.  "As you say, enjoy it then Leroy."  he replied with a shrug.  The Sun Dragons romantic entanglements would have to wait for another day to be resolved it seemed.  

Upstairs he led the way easily enough to the Atlanteans room pausing outside as Lulu and Ben arrived as well, "Indeed Lulu."  he gestured to his companion, "Herodotus, Miss Lulu Beaumont." he intorduced and glanced to the student with her, "I imagine this is the Benjamin D'amatto you were inquiring after?"  He extended a hand to the young man, "Kameron Kingdom a pleasure to make your aquantence." 

"I managed to keep myself busy."  Kam replied with a wide smile, "And yours?"  

Blocky Benny D'amatto nodded at Lulu's words, "Ah, yeah, I guess. Ain't find of getting hit, but I can take a punch and bounce back. Still don't recommend, so yanno, try ta b in another part of the city when it lands. But my... Yeah, uh, kinda got into boxing because help me not be a delinquent." He downplayed himself pretty strongly, because thats was what ya were s'posed to do, right?  Right.  His tone cheery, in a sort of plucky underdog sort of way, which was a little incongruous with someone who was at least two and a half Lulus.

Then the other two guys where there, and he gave that jerking headlift to them, as he grinned.  Laden with bags he had to set them down before he reached out a big mitt to Kameron, taking it and shaking it.  "Benjamin Franklin D'amatto, but everyone just calls me Benny."

On 9/30/2019 at 11:58 PM, Grumblefloof said:

Octoman

Micah actually leaned back, just slightly. Not out of disgust, Ben could easily read that much. But instead, just out of...Ben was a lot

"Silat's cool."

Micah looked thoughtful.

"Which one is Silat?"

On 10/1/2019 at 7:48 PM, Semi-Autogyro said:

Claude did a bit of up close magic for them as he talked purposefully staring straight at Ben. "Ever hear of  Robert Heinlen? 'A human bein' should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a buildin', write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wahl, set a bone, comfort the dyin', take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.' That's me. I can know or learn pretty much anythin'. Usually they call it polymath or savant, but I prefer Renaissance Man."  

Micah raised an eyebrow as he wound down his song.

"Cool trick. Heinlen's got some fun books, but he's also...kinda weird. Most folks can't do all of that. Some of it, even a lot of it, but...yeah."

He smiled a bit.

"Funny how he doesn't mention fixing cars or planes in there."

On 10/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, Grumblefloof said:

Octoman

"Tip of the iceberg, Amigo. I got so many powers outta that accident even I don't know everything I can do. Seriously, I feel like I find a new power every other week. I'm strong, I'm fast, I'm flexible, my blood is weird, the other day I found out I have more than one heart..."

Micah gave Ben a slightly concerned look.

"Your blood's weird? That...that doesn't hurt or anything, does it?"

He glanced down at his guitar, then back at Ben.

"I mean...if you're curious, I'm okay if you want to put a hand on the guitar. Just try to keep the touch as light as possible, it's all acoustic. I don't mind, though."

19 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Pan watched as Claude explained and worked his magic, his right arm resting in his left hand by the elbow, his right hand in front of his mouth half-concealed a wide grin. He loved magic tricks, even if he had never heard about Robert Heinlein or any of the others that were rapidly mentioned. A renaissance man, then? A super learner? Interesting. 

And Ben's powers, they sounded outright strange, but so fascinating. And the way he spoke of them, he was clearly not born with those abilities, or those arms. Interesting.

Observing them for a moment still, he clasped his hands in front of himself. "Alternate Earth prince, as one would have it. Not quite alien, but I have found that being alien or not can be quite relative here at Claremont. I believe that he is from a place that he calls Earth-2, as is his dragon companion, Dio." As the others, he made sure to speak in Ben's direction. "We were on the same squad last year. He was interesting to fight alongside." He paused, then his smile brightened, as if he remembered something good. "How much have you been told about Claremont, and what might happen? It is, after all, not quite a normal school, and things are rarely quiet around here." 

"Hm. I'm sure he was. But you're right about how interesting Claremont can be-"

And then a beam of light came down from the clouds. Micah actually turned that direction before the beam of light came down, his eyes widened in more than a bit of shock. He stood staring for several moments, trying to determine what just happened. This time was just long enough for his rather sharp vision to see the rather friendly hug between Leroy and Astrid (who was a nice girl for the time he'd spent with her, at least). For just a moment, the air around him got a touch chillier. Then he turned toward the others and smiled. He began to play an upbeat but eerie tune

"What were we talking about? Right. Rarely quiet 'round here."

Pan could, by this point, clearly tell that having Micah play music seemed to let him open up more than otherwise. Might be the open air around them, too!

Artificer -- Dorm Interior, 2nd Floor

Heroditus stared at Lulu for a moment.  Such red hair... I have never seen such!  Is that common among Surfacers?

He blinked a few times, smiled and extended his hand to her.  "Yes, Heroditus Stylianos, of Atlantis.  This is my first time on the Surface World.  It is very," he searched for a diplomatic word, "nice."

He turned to Benny, took a quick sip from his waterskin as he waited for him to finish shaking Kameron's hand, then offered his.  "Hello, I'm Heroditus.  Benny, was it?  I shall remember that," he nodded.  "So, we are to be roommates.  Have you shared a room before?"