Horrorshow -- Dorm Roof

Dayd grinned, "so, you think you've got me figured out, Micah?"  His flesh rippled, smoothly reshaping itself, even flowing over his clothes and making new ones, until he was the spitting image of Pan.  "With all the superpowered craziness that goes on here, how can anyone be sure of anything?"  Another ripple, and now he was Benicio's clone.  "The 'one and only,' eh?"  Tentacles slid in and out, at the same spots they had on Ben, "might want to get your eyes checked."  Another ripple, and he matched Claude.  "Ah, another sci fi fan!  Heinlein's not a fave, though-" he paused at Ben's remark, managed to suppress a chuckle, "but I do have a soft spot for..."

This time his change was not smooth.  He doubled over as his skin split with a wet tearing sound.  Two arachnid limbs spread out from each leg, and his arms shredded away to reveal a shorter chitinous limbs, lacking any sort of fine manipulator, suitable only for stabbing or slashing.  His head retracted into his chest, which split open as his ribcage extended out and twisted into a powerful pincer-like mandible.  Accompanying this change was a stuttering growth, and now his Arachnid form was almost ten feet long.

"... you know this one, yes?"  The voice was definitely Davyd's, but deeper and more grating. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sure thing, Inky." Claude responded to Ben and the others as he slowed down his cardistry tricks and showed how he was manipulating the cards, all while listening to the conversation. He was more than amused that pretty boy proposal was named Leroy, which pretty much instantly made Claude permanently mentally assign the moniker of 'Jenkins' to the alien prince. 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, RocketLord said:

"How much have you been told about Claremont, and what might happen? It is, after all, not quite a normal school, and things are rarely quiet around here." 

"Trust me Sparky, it takes quite a bit to break my weirdness status quo. Unless there's somethin' like a secret sex dungeon ran by the headmistress here, it ain't likely to be more than a tiny blip on my radar." Claude snarked in response to Pans' question and pixie sparkles. 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, KnightDisciple said:

Micah looked thoughtful.

"Which one is Silat?"

"Pencak silat," Claude said the name in Indonesian before returning to English, "Is a full body strikin' martial art. Anythin' goes, you name it. Strikes, kicks, locks, grapples, throws, and weapons. There's a ton of styles that can be called Silat, but it's generally stuff that's useful in a real fight and none of that kayfabe stuff you see on screen." 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, KnightDisciple said:

"Cool trick. Heinlen's got some fun books, but he's also...kinda weird. Most folks can't do all of that. Some of it, even a lot of it, but...yeah."

He smiled a bit.

"Funny how he doesn't mention fixing cars or planes in there."

Claude scoffed a little. "Those were just examples, even though it's not like grease monkey skills are any different. I can rebuild a transmission as easily as I can blueprint and construct an aerospike engine." The Bostonian remained quiet as their conversation was interrupted by a valkyrie descending from the heavens which caused Micah to become more maudlin, for whatever reason. 

He had shifted the cards around in a complex looking shuffle when Davyd showed off his party trick. Claude had to admit, it was a pretty damn good trick. Enough to wrest both a panicked  "Ah, jeez!" from the Beantown boys mouth and sending the entirely of the cards that were in his hands flying as he flailed his arms in surprise. 

"And that one, Benji, is known as the 52 pickup shuffle." He sighed as he began collecting the cards. "Couldya warn a guy next time there, jumpscare?" 

Edited by Semi-Autogyro

Benny had a good, firm handshake, two pumps and then he released it.  Had that straight back, and eyes forward mannerism that seemed a little off, or at least read as different.  Releasing Kam's hand, "Nice to meetcha Kameronm" he read the pivot, and he nodded curtly and turned towards Heroditus.

"Don'tcha worry about makin' pleasant if ya aren't a fan s'far," having caught the diplomatic pause, as he reached out to him, and shook his hand as well, just and firmly and succinctly with that big mitt of his.  Then he released it, moving back to pick up his things, and push open the door, "Sure have.  I figure ya can have first dibs, I am used to this sorta thing and can make most situations comfortable.  Only thing is I ain't the quietest guy and I get up early, so I wanna make what accommodations I can for ya."

"A pleasure, you prefer Benny then?"  Kam confirmed as the roomates made each other's acquaintance.  The new student successfully guided to his room the Dakanan was a bit at loose ends, "As I understand it Herodotus has specific needs for his sleeping arrangements."  He nodded to the Atlantean prompting hte young man to elaborate, "I'll make sure to pass on you were looking for them should I encounter the RA."  he offered helpfully.

As the new students broke off to discuss their arrangements Kam looked back to Lulu, "Did you happen to witness Leroy and Judy's reunion?"  he inquired delicately, "Not to spread gossip, but I have the bare details and he seems most distressed."  he paused uncomfortably, "I'm hoping an outside opinion might prove enlightening."  he did wsh to cheer up his roommate, brooding did not suit the extradimensional prince.

Kam glanced into the room to offer helpfully, "If either of you have further questions I'm right downstairs."   prepared to leave them to their own conversation for the time being.

Lulu couldn't help cocking an eyebrow at Herodotus' brief description of the Surface World. "Ah'm guessin' you're missin' the ocean a lot, right about now. Here, maybe this'll help with the homesickness."

She closed he dark eyes, and suddenly the Atlantean was transported back beneath the deep sea water in an illusion she created just for him; it was as though he was standing on a sandy sea bed, with dappled sunlight from above playing over pink coral. A school of silvery fish darted past him and around him, and in the distance the song of a humpback could be heard. Of course, the illusion wasn't perfect, looking much more like something out of a nature documentary or city aquarium than a actual trip back to the ocean, but the cool against his skin and the beautiful and eerie acoustics beneath the waves were still a welcome reprieve from the harsh onslaught of surface life.

Then all too quickly the illusion was gone, and he was back up on dry land. Lulu opened her eyes and shrugged apologetically. "Did ah get anywhere close?"

In response to Kam's inquiry, the teen telepath sighed and shook her head. "Oh Lord; don't get me started on that boy." She turned to the two new arrivals and placed a delicate hand on her chest. "Excuse us, gentlemen; Kam and ah must discuss affairs of the heart." She then joined Kam on his way back downstairs, and got a little catty as she described the morning's events.

"So anyway, Leroy's been avoidin' Judy all summer, just ghostin' her to hell and back, okay? Then he shows up today, and admits her has no real excuse as to why he ain't called or sent even a single text. Then he lays out a whole bunch of flowery hoo-haw about how Judy is the sun who lights up the dawn and whatnot, and then, he has the nerve to propose to her. As in marriage! Right in front of the whole school! So naturally, Ash bein' Ash, she flips out and drags Judy off into the nether regions of the dorms, never to be heard from again."

Finally Lulu paused to take a breath and nod. "Yep, that pretty much covers it."

Edited by Heritage

Kam pinched the bridge of his nose as Lulu gave a more objective if not factually different account of the encounter.  "His customs are not our own it is a difficulty."  Kam tried weakly to defend his roommate.  "Though I can't help but agree that this approach is singularly blind to societal convention."

He raised a brow curiously, "And Judy's response?"  he questioned carefully, "Reasonable or no Leroy seemed of the impression she was enamored of the idea foolish though it may be."  he explained with a shrug and slight shake of his head, "Poor girl has lost much, I imagine such an offer from one as, dazzling, as Leroy must have been tempting at the least."  he frowned slightly, "Not that she is enamoured purely of his glamour but it undoubtedly colors the relationship."  Yup he was definitely only half talking about Leroy and judy as he thought aloud.  Catching himself in his ruminations he glanced back to Lulu with a weak smile, "Ah he asked my advice and was less than clear as to the source of the upset among the Smith sisters."  he offered evasively.  "He does care even if he has awkward ways of showing it."

Artificer -- Dorm Interior, 2nd Floor, Room 214

Heroditus winced a bit at Benny's grip, but smiled and nodded along.  "I appreciate that, Benny, though- ah!"  He was taken completely off-guard by Lulu's psychic illusion, but after a moment realized what she was trying to do, and allowed himself to enjoy it.  He smiled at her when it was done, "that was incredible!  There were some inaccuracies, yes, but I see what you were trying for," he nodded, "and appreciate the effort.  Can you read images from minds as well as project into them?  If so, I would be happy to show you my home.  And you could share that with others."

Once the door was open, he saw that his sleeping accommodations had been provided for.  Instead of two beds, one against either wall, the room contained one bed along one wall, and along the other was a large horizontal metal and glass cylinder, with some machinery underneath and wheels on the bottom, connected to some tubes and pipes coming out of the wall.  Benny sorta recognized it as an iron lung (he'd seen a few in hospitals, back in the old days), which is indeed what Stephanie Harcourt had started with, though this one could completely enclose whoever was inside it.  On top was a sheet of paper with instructions, along with a few sticky notes on various controls, which were located both inside and outside the chamber.

He approached and gave it a cursory examination, nodding satisfactorily.  "Good, good, it looks like everything is in order here.  Oh," he turned back to Benny, "I'm also an early riser, so that should not be an issue."

Edited by Dr Archeville

"Yeah, s'what everyone calls me."  He nodded at Kam's question, though he then shrugged a bit, as he moved his bags into the room, and glanced about, making sure there was a window, as he set his stuff into a neutral sort of corner, and he frowned a little bit, as he was a bit more neutral.  They were talkin' 'bout people he didn't know, and if you didn't have somethin' nice to say, wait until they were out of the dang room.  He nodded at the words, "Oh one of them fi-"  He cut himself offer, and he frowned a little bit, rubbing at the back of his head, and that short brown hair.

He took off his jacket, it was too warm to really warrant it, and he set it on the bed, looking at the tube that dominated the other side, and he nodded a little bit.  "Yeah, yeah, makes sense."  With the jacket off, it was easier to see his body, and he was effectively a tree limbed tank of a kid, thick necked, and looking a bit like the standard bully, a fact likely missed by his roommate.  The books he had requested were in the bookshelf by his bed, and he reviewed their spines, and nodded.  He was playing catch a lotta catch up.  He didn't like being on his back foot like this, but he'd push forward on this.  Nearly a year to worry over it, and adapt a bit to modern life, enough to not be spooked, but he had blind spots, that's for sure.

Fortunately the info about him hadn't been shared, that would make things far more difficult.

Forever Boy - Dorm Roof

On 10/3/2019 at 6:23 AM, Dr Archeville said:

"... you know this one, yes?"  The voice was definitely Davyd's, but deeper and more grating. 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:20 AM, Semi-Autogyro said:

"Trust me Sparky, it takes quite a bit to break my weirdness status quo. Unless there's somethin' like a secret sex dungeon ran by the headmistress here, it ain't likely to be more than a tiny blip on my radar." Claude snarked in response to Pans' question and pixie sparkles. 

"And that one, Benji, is known as the 52 pickup shuffle." He sighed as he began collecting the cards. "Couldya warn a guy next time there, jumpscare?" 

Pan just chuckled at Davyd's changed form, then moved closer, flittering around him and inspecting him. "Your control is improving, yes?" he asked, clearly interested in this new, monstrous form. "I did not think you could switch between forms this quickly, or with this much detail." It was fascinating, really. Clearly, Davyd lived up to his codename, but to Pan, he was simply exciting. 

Latching on to Claude's comment about the secret sex dungeon, Pan was quickly by his side, shaking his head. "No such thing, my friend, but a group of students did try to summon a host of succubi this past Halloween." He looked over at Micah, trying to keep him from falling out of the conversation. "I told you about this, right?" Then back to the new students, the wide grin still on his face. "I do not believe that it was approved by the headmistress, but I am sure that you can find some other magically inclined students to help you, if need be." What else could potentially shock him, then? "How about an attack by a Giant Krampus, then? Nearly trashed the school, but the students banded together to defeat it!"

On 10/3/2019 at 12:23 AM, Dr Archeville said:

Horrorshow -- Dorm Roof

Micah may have been a mild kid, but he was generally unflappable. But Davyd turning into that was a bit more than even he could just shrug off.

"Okay, yeah, I probably didn't really give you enough credit. Though in my defense, this isn't wildly outside of "shapeshifting"?"

On 10/4/2019 at 9:20 PM, Semi-Autogyro said:

Claude scoffed a little. "Those were just examples, even though it's not like grease monkey skills are any different. I can rebuild a transmission as easily as I can blueprint and construct an aerospike engine." The Bostonian remained quiet as their conversation was interrupted by a valkyrie descending from the heavens which caused Micah to become more maudlin, for whatever reason. 

Micah frowned a bit.

"Okay, but you just said that's your power. Which is awesome, by the way. I'm just more saying that It's easy to write that but hard to put into practice. I...I guess I can't properly put my thoughts together on this, not yet? I'm just a teenager, man. Like, I hear what you're saying, but for people in general I don't necessarily agree. You're kind of an exception."

Micah's expression was not upset, just frustrated at his difficulties fully forming and articulating his thoughts. And also contemplation and introspection, something that looked natural for him. 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:14 AM, RocketLord said:

Forever Boy - Dorm Roof

Latching on to Claude's comment about the secret sex dungeon, Pan was quickly by his side, shaking his head. "No such thing, my friend, but a group of students did try to summon a host of succubi this past Halloween." He looked over at Micah, trying to keep him from falling out of the conversation. "I told you about this, right?" Then back to the new students, the wide grin still on his face. "I do not believe that it was approved by the headmistress, but I am sure that you can find some other magically inclined students to help you, if need be." What else could potentially shock him, then? "How about an attack by a Giant Krampus, then? Nearly trashed the school, but the students banded together to defeat it!"

Micah tapped his chin in thought at the question.

"I think you mentioned the succubus thing. Seemed like a dang fool idea from folks who've read all the wrong books."

He smiled at the mention of the Krampus.

"He was a big sucker, but we took him down!"

Octoman

"Alternate Earth prince, as one would have it. Not quite alien, but I have found that being alien or not can be quite relative here at Claremont. I believe that he is from a place that he calls Earth-2, as is his dragon companion, Dio."

"Alternate dimension, yeah, there's tons of tho-DRAGON? Dude has a freakin' pet DRAGON?! And they LET him? Does the dragon, like, live here too? I have all the questions. How much does it eat? WHAT does it eat? ...WHO does it eat? Is it smart like a dog, or smart like a person? "

"How much have you been told about Claremont, and what might happen? It is, after all, not quite a normal school, and things are rarely quiet around here."

"Well, I mean, I don't like to BRAG or anything, but when I met *cough* BOMBSHELL a little while back, helped her take down a supervillain, save some peeps, no big deal, she told me this place is basically Superhero School. So I'd be pretty disappointed if some weird stuff DIDN'T happen. Like, I'd ask for a refund, except, y'know, scholarship. I paid GOOD NOTHING to go here, and it better be worth every penny!"

"Which one is Silat?"

Pencak silat," Claude said the name in Indonesian before returning to English, "Is a full body strikin' martial art. Anythin' goes, you name it. Strikes, kicks, locks, grapples, throws, and weapons. There's a ton of styles that can be called Silat, but it's generally stuff that's useful in a real fight and none of that kayfabe stuff you see on screen."

"Yeah, that's the one. Most Southeast Asian countries have their own flavor. I learned the Filipino one. Getting in touch with my roots over on the side of the family tree that doesn't get a lotta water most of the time. You ever see The Raid? Basically that. But, like, pretty much every martial art has 'THE REAL STUFF WHAT REALLY WORKS' and, like, the shopping mall version, and I got the one next door to the pizza place."

Heinlen's got some fun books, but he's also...kinda weird. Most folks can't do all of that. Some of it, even a lot of it, but...yeah."

"I mean, let's not dance around it. The guy was a bastard. But his stuff rocks and rolls. You're reading it, and it's like, 'Damn, this dude's a full-on FASCIST, and he should have to, like, wear a bell around his neck so every woman knows where he is at ALL times, but I STILL can't stop turning pages. He's trash, and so am I!'"

"I mean...if you're curious, I'm okay if you want to put a hand on the guitar. Just try to keep the touch as light as possible, it's all acoustic. I don't mind, though."

"Dude, I was kidding. I mean, thanks and all. But it was a joke. Besides, I probably don't know the lyrics anyway. Just get yer groove on."

Davyd doubled over as his skin split with a wet tearing sound.  Two arachnid limbs spread out from each leg, and his arms shredded away to reveal a shorter chitinous limbs, lacking any sort of fine manipulator, suitable only for stabbing or slashing.  His head retracted into his chest, which split open as his ribcage extended out and twisted into a powerful pincer-like mandible.  Accompanying this change was a stuttering growth, and now his Arachnid form was almost ten feet long.

"HELL YEAH! Dude, you didn't tell me you were a full-on shapeshifter! That's awesome! ...Wait, are you a Grue?"

"Your blood's weird? That...that doesn't hurt or anything, does it?"

"Nah, doesn't hurt. But the computer at the Interceptors HQ, yeah, I've been there, no big deal, it said my blood's, like, slightly radioactive. Not enough to hurt anyone, but the needle on the Geiger counter jumps a little when I walk into a room. And it's a funky color, and the consistency's like pancake syrup, so it looks more like movie blood than real blood, and it's under really high pressure. Like, when I get a cut, I turn into an anime character, just shoots out like a hose. Here, you wanna see it? Anyone got a knife or something? Dayv, bring one a' those claws over here..."

And then a beam of light came down from the clouds.

"WHAT." Ben ran to the edge of the roof to get a closer look, and then he ran over the edge. For a moment it appeared that he'd fallen, but his hands and feet were stuck to the side of the building.

"Punk Rock Viking Chick. Sweeet."

Edited by Grumblefloof

Lulu shook her head and waved a dismissive hand. "Oh, Judy said 'yes' right away! She gobbles up that romantic nonsense! Then Ashley flipped out, and there you go!" The redheaded telepath paused as she grew more thoughtful. "But you have to figure, Judy doesn't know what the future holds. And she's an old-fashioned girl; she wants a family and house full of kids and dogs, with a big yard with a tire swing out back. And she's afraid she'll never get that. So ah sometimes think she's trying to cram all of that in now."

She sighed, and felt a great deal of compassion for her friend.

Edited by Heritage

Artificer -- Dorm Interior, 2nd Floor, Room 214

Heroditus closed and opened the tube a few times, satisfied with the apparent integrity of the seals.  He glanced over at Benny, noted his physique (ah, a thick shark-like neck, likely a predator... though he seems amiable enough), then he noted both desks.  "Ah, it appears we have some of the same texts," he pointed to the identical books on history and technology on their desks, "perhaps that is why they placed us together, because we have similar... areas in which we need to focus on," he offered diplomatically.  "I admit there is much about the Surface world I am unaware of, which is one reason I have come here.   Perhaps we can assist each other in our education?"

Horrorshow -- Dorm Roof

"Jumpscare's a good handle," the ArachDavyd replied to Clause, "though I usually go by 'Horrorshow'."

"Thanks, Pan!  Yeah, been practicing over the summer."  He turned daintily on his four spindly limbs, and spread his mandible-pincer wide.  "Though I'd focus on speed, next I might focus on duration."  He was as delighted as ever with his powers, and proud of his increased skill.

He took a step back when OctoBen's question caught him a bit off-guard.  "Weeellllll..." he shifted back to his human form, though the left half was hairless and had crimson skin, "the lab accident I was in, that gave me these abilities, kinda... made me part Grue.  I'm still coming to terms with that, and Miss Grue's been helping me figure out just what that means.  Yes, I can drop names, too," he gently nudged Benicio as heshifted fully back to human form, "also, to find out why that lab had Grue biomaterials in the first place."

Edited by Dr Archeville

Forever Boy - Dorm Roof

Punk rock viking chick? Floating over by the roof, Pan looked down, then turned to Ben with a grin. "Ah, yes, that would be Astrid. Daughter of some thunder god or something like that, I believe. She is good on the guitar, too."

Then back to Micah, Claude and the stories, leaving a flutter of glowing Pixie Dust behind. "The Krampus was interesting, most of the school came together to take him down." He pointed out to the spot where the Krampus had been walking, where students had been flying all around him, crawling on him or just tried to stop him. "Quite a big guy, was quite violent with that tree he picked up. I wonder if he will show up for Christmas again this year."

He turned to Micah, a great big grin on his lips. "What do you say, Micah? Fancy a second round with the big guy?"

"Now with that out of the way. Pretty good since I got to do a lot of travelling. Cold, miserable and filled with easily angered drunk people. And totally. Big ones too. Especially the wolves. I actually tried to make one a pet. That was definitely a bad idea. Fun try, but still real stupid." She giggled to herself reminiscing about her sad attempt at wolf training before asking her own question. "What about you, huh? How was your summer? Went back home for a bit?"

"Ugh, yes," Leroy sighed dramatically(that is, more an usual), as they separated. He was almost too warm to hug, though otherwise perfectly suited. "I have heard of the wonders you call 'home' and shall not bore you with what small, sad things I accepted since childhood as everyday. This summer I enjoyed the hospitality of Mother's coastal-heritage cousins, the Lagos Ransome-Contes, and got to stare at all their bloody heads. It was hoped I would spark the flames of passion within one of my cousins and myself, so she would not have to meet anyone new when I get married. Even cousin Adrian was a candidate, the Demon herself! Who is the worst and whom I hate for being awful!"

Leroy crossed his arms, hunched a little little closer to Astrid and said, soft and sharply, "Ms, Thursday, if you have one hundred and eight rooms devoted to all the awful tyrants and fearsome monsters you bested in battle, one may begin to suspect you have something to prove. If the heads are still alive to blab of their tragic fates and miserable existence, one may be certain. If you wear the bloody heads in your cloaks...!" Throwing his arms up into the air Leroy growled and swung incoherently in frustration.

Recovering his composure, the Dragon Prince turned, gathered his robes and bowed solemnly. "Astrid, I need your help. Mother thinks I am too weak to be on my own. You are gifted with and have developed superlative such qualities gloriously. Without my star-heart, I am nothing. Will you help me seek out my own strength, and birth this Phoros within me in power, not only in pain?"

"I will return this with any favours you care to ask. Anything. No matter what it is." He raised his head and looked at her more seriously than she had ever seen him. "I must be worthy of Judy Smith, whom I now know is the destined savour of this Earth, but to stand with her I must stand on my own."

Edited by Ari

Astrid blinked. She was about to kindly explain to Leroy that she didn't understand what the Hel he was talking about before it hit her that she actually totally did.

She lobbed a finger Leroy's way. It would be the first of several energetic hand gestures she would make as she tried to decode Leroy's family problem. "Right, so, you're pissed because your extended family is a bunch of crazy chest-beaters that get off describing how they slaughtered so-and-so and such-and-such back in the good old days," she says sarcastically as she parodies the image of a proud warrior beating their chest.  "And because they're warmongering lunatics with a decapitation fetish they think you're too soft or some such nonsense because you aren't as murder-happy as they are even though you freaking helped kill a giant Santa-demon-thing." She was getting angrier now, her hands closing into fists as her voice rose higher. 

"But worse that, they want to sell you off to one of your freaking cousins!" Astrid practically roared out the words, not caring that other people may hear the conversation. "The Aesir aren't as bad as the Olympians when it comes to keeping it in the family, but faen meg, that doesn't mean they haven't tried to pull the same kissing cousins crap on me." She notably recoiled as the memory of a very awkward proposition spring back to mind. 

Astrid was raging but was able to reign yourself in enough to remember that she was supposed to helping Leroy with his problem, not venting her own familial drama. "But whatever, that's my cross to bear. If you're mom thinks you're weak, which is a totally freaking blinkered idea by the way, but if she honestly believes that nonsense and thinks you need to prove your manhood or whatever than I know of a couple Nordic beastlings on the loose whose heads you can bring back home to show how tough you are." 

She looked Leroy intently in the eye then. The anger was still there but it was more focused now in the demigoddess' piercing eyes. "Personally, though, I'd just tell mom she can stuff it for being an asshole, but if you really want to do this. Finding your strength, if that's what you wanna call it. Than like I said, I'm in. But remember, Leroy.  If I know anything about Judy its that she couldn't care less about you proving yourself. You're a mensch and she knows that." 

Astrid patted Leroy on the back as her speech/rant came to a close. They were dealing with heavy stuff and Astrid figured some levity would be nice about now. "Also... Your a total stud, which totally helps." 

On 10/10/2019 at 12:20 AM, Grumblefloof said:

Octoman

"Nah, doesn't hurt. But the computer at the Interceptors HQ, yeah, I've been there, no big deal, it said my blood's, like, slightly radioactive. Not enough to hurt anyone, but the needle on the Geiger counter jumps a little when I walk into a room. And it's a funky color, and the consistency's like pancake syrup, so it looks more like movie blood than real blood, and it's under really high pressure. Like, when I get a cut, I turn into an anime character, just shoots out like a hose. Here, you wanna see it? Anyone got a knife or something? Dayv, bring one a' those claws over here..."

Micah nodded as Ben explained the whole "weird blood" thing. His eyes widened comically at the other teenager's offer to cut himself.

"NO! I mean. Um"

He looked embarrassed.

"No. I believe you. You don't have to hurt yourself to prove it, Ben. I believe you."

On 10/11/2019 at 11:24 AM, Dr Archeville said:

Horrorshow -- Dorm Roof

He took a step back when OctoBen's question caught him a bit off-guard.  "Weeellllll..." he shifted back to his human form, though the left half was hairless and had crimson skin, "the lab accident I was in, that gave me these abilities, kinda... made me part Grue.  I'm still coming to terms with that, and Miss Grue's been helping me figure out just what that means.  Yes, I can drop names, too," he gently nudged Benicio as heshifted fully back to human form, "also, to find out why that lab had Grue biomaterials in the first place."

"I mean, with all the stories we hear on the news, I figure most of the labs around town have secret, freaky stuff. Us hero-types end up either getting powers from it, fighting it, or both, eventually.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:05 AM, RocketLord said:

Forever Boy - Dorm Roof

He turned to Micah, a great big grin on his lips. "What do you say, Micah? Fancy a second round with the big guy?"

Micah huffed, but with a smile on his face.

"If you think he's coming around again, I need to practice more. Need to see how he likes getting sun like noon in Arizona while I shove a few dozen bolts of lightning where the sun doesn't shine."

Edited by KnightDisciple

Kam let out a soft sigh, "Of course she did."  It wasn't surprising in the least and really on many levels wasn't even unreasonable.  "Well I for one am not foolish enough to step amidst a disagreement betwixt the sisters smith."  he shook his head bemused and shrugged, "While I don't  doubt her desires lie in such a direction but with Leroy?"  he laughed at the very thought, "He's hardly one for white picket fences and two point five kids."  The Dakanan pointed out with a small laugh, "that's more what I'd expect from..."  he paused as he considered what student might be so boring as that would fit, "Micah?"   he shrugged,  "He's a quiet one but seems the type, perhaps it's the reserved midwesternisms."   

He smiled to Lulu, "Well thank you much for the details shall be far easier to parse Leroys ramblings on the subject with such insight."  Not for the first time Kam wondered at the Headmistress boarding the reserved Dakanan and gregarious New Atlantean together.  It was on the surface quite the odd couple pairing, though they had more in common than was common knowledge perhaps.

Claude shuffled the cards he had back into his pocket, looking nonplussed again. "Yeah, I met a former student named Serena about a week or so ago that told me about the succubi thing. She didn't mention Bad Santa, though." 

He shrugged. "But if he's comin' round again you could make a trap for him ahead of time. Doesn't sound like he's the sharpest crayon in the box." 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:55 PM, KnightDisciple said:

"I mean, with all the stories we hear on the news, I figure most of the labs around town have secret, freaky stuff. Us hero-types end up either getting powers from it, fighting it, or both, eventually.

He leaned against the side of the roof with his hands in his pockets. "Eh most of the local back hats on the tech scene don't typically mess with Xenobiology, so that would be a decent place to start lookin'."  He told Davyd. "Mostly it tends to be the typical gadget or power armor measurin' contests with the hero types, from what I've seen."  He paused and turned his attention to Ben. "Just sayin this, Inky, but I'd be careful spoutin' off about your radiatin' ichor. Some people get twitchy hearin' that word." 

Edited by Semi-Autogyro

At Heroditus' words he nodded, managing to smile in a way that wasn't too much.  It was crooked, seemed to favor more the left side of his face where there was a dimple.  "I'm pretty good with history stuff, like stuff on land.  But, yeah!  Yeah.  I'm happy to help in anyway I can... but I am not really known for my brain.  I can throw and take a punch though..."  He conceded, as he looked at Heroditus as he rested his hands on his hips, striking the iconic hero pose without really pondering it.

"I like science, and I did some placements, I am not gunna make any lasers or a rocket ship, but..."  He lifted an arm and gestured towards the tank, "I can turn a wrench, and I am happy to help ya out.  Even show ya around, I was born in FC, after all."  

Octoman

He took a step back when OctoBen's question caught him a bit off-guard.  "Weeellllll..." he shifted back to his human form, though the left half was hairless and had crimson skin, "the lab accident I was in, that gave me these abilities, kinda... made me part Grue".

"Oh man, you got turned INTO a Grue? That's ROUGH." Ben patted Dayv on the back. "A buncha Grue tried to eat me once. The invasion, back when we were little. Had nightmares for a couple years. Hey man, I know how it feels to be Extra-Freaky when you used to be Original Recipe, just 'cause you zigged when you shoulda zagged. But we gotta come outta our cages and be Mister Brightside, right? Sure, we'll die virgins, but we got powers and this place'll teach us how to become awesome superheroes." Ben's facial expression and tone of voice were both jovial enough that it wasn't clear to what extent he was being serious.

"I mean, with all the stories we hear on the news, I figure most of the labs around town have secret, freaky stuff. Us hero-types end up either getting powers from it, fighting it, or both, eventually."

Ben's hands waved frantically back and forth while a waterfall of words came tumbling out of his mouth. "Man, I wasn't even IN the lab! Cops were already RAIDING the lab. I got hit by a TRUCK driving AWAY from the lab. Some old lady lost her grip on her dog's leash, 'cause she's OLD, and that's what old people do, drop stuff. Dog runs out into the middle of the street, 'cause it's a DOG, and that's what dogs do, that's why they got leashes. Some real bad dude did a bunch of mad science on a buncha animals, threw 'em in the back of a truck when the cops showed up. Truck almost hits the dog, but I'm like 'NOT ON MY WATCH', I run out there, it hits me instead, it crashes, animals get loose, I get bit, BOOM. Thought I was gonna DIE. You ever get bitten by something, like, REALLY poisonous? I'm layin' there in the middle of the street rollin' around curled up in a ball, like there was a house party in my body but someone called the cops and now everyone's running out the first door they can find. I can't breathe, EVERYTHING hurts, I'm sweatin' outta every PORE, tears AND snot runnin' down my face, I'm throwin' up so hard stuff I ate a WEEK AGO's gettin' sucked back up my butt, and somehow I'm also crappin' my freakin' PANTS, just gettin' squeezed like someone's tryin' ta make a Ben-juice SMOOTHIE outta me. Bad times, Man."

Staring at his schoolmate in no little astonishment(flinching noticeably at the description of his mother as an 'asshole', reflexively glancing at the sun), Leroy started to shiver as she neared the end. 

"Ms, Thurs...no, Astrid." His eyes were full of tears, his voice wavering, "I never thought anyone here could understand. It was so silly, and I...I have so many blessings. But...it is still so miserable..."

Putting his arm around her shoulders, he thumped her equally hard on the back.

"Thank you. I will not forget what you said. If you would take me as your student, regardless, I would be honoured." He indicated her luggage, "May I lend my might, comrade at arms?"

Making Leroy cry was definitely not how Astrid wanted her pep talk/rant to go, but seeing that it was one those 'someone finally gets it' cries, Astrid considered it a pep talk well made. She might have done without the asshole comment, though.

"No problem, man," Astrid says.  She tries to play it off as something causal. Like she's said something like this a hundred times and is just giving some advice to a friend. But her voice kind of breaks as she says the words and she has to suppress a snuffle. Astrid hopes that Leroy doesn't notice it. She still has her tough girl crud to maintain, as stupid and toxically macho as that is. 

"And I would be happy to teach ya, Leroy. Just give me some time to arrange a hunt or fight and we'll do this thing," she tells him, giving the prince a confirmative fist bump. 

When Leroy asks about her luggage, Astrid gives him a wide smile. "A stud and a gentlemen! Wow. Judy sure is lucky she got to you first," she confesses half jokingly and earnestly before picking up the luggage herself. "Thanks, Leroy, but I'm good."