Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

September 3rd, 2019

9:30 PM

 

Greely Point

 

 'Screwtop' Igglioni had disappeared. A week ago, he had simply stopped returning home. The Scarpias were mum on what had happened when his wife tried to find out. No one were to share anything. Couldn't look weak, after all. Behind the scenes, they were fighting an uphill battle. Screwtop Igglioni might have been an Igglioni, but he was one of the Scarpias now. If nothing else, someone disappearing him off the street could not stand. Rumor was that he had last been seen at Greely Point.

 

But of course, Screwtop had someone other than the Scarpias and his wife that might be interested in finding him. A certain young would-be AEGIS agent, and part time car. And Chromium would have heard of his disappeared father, at least.

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium had many options, most of them didn't involve his family and he preferred to keep it that way, they thought he had just run away he kept in contact with his mom via email when he had the chance but he didn't talk to them much at all. That all changed once he realized that his dad, Tony "Screwtop" was missing. So it was that he was driving around Greely Point in the shape of a Porsche, looking for anything that might lead him to his father. First off he wanted to see who, and by who he meant organized crime, was operating in the area.
 

 

Normal people didn't just mess with the Mafia, but if someone was tangling with the Scarpias then it was someone with some oomph. There was much less concern about getting caught doing illegal things in Bedlam, and the Mafia's iron fist was not shy to come out if someone messed with them. Little did the force that had taken his dad know, there was a silver fist too...it just didn't work for the Mafia. Racing tires grabbed on the street as the silver Porsche drove around looking for clues.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

As the Porsche that was Chromium stopped at a red light, a group of youths approached. They were clearly marked as a youth gang, probably one of the many gangs that the Scarpias would be recruiting from. Five in total, a pair of them stopped in front of the car, the last three circling it. 

 

"Man, would ya look at this, Joey?" One of the guys in front, a youth with black hair and the beginnings of a moustache, leaned down, resting against the hood of the car. "This is a serious car here."

 

Joey, whose pants were hanging just a bit too low, and was standing at the side, by the passenger sheet, pressed himself against the window. "Hey man, I think its one of those fancy new driverless cars."

 

There was a short pause, then Joey spoke up again. "Let's steal it."

Share this post


Link to post

If Chromium had a face at that moment he would have smiled, instead the beautiful, gleaming, silver porsche didn't all that happened was the locks popped up when the first kid put his hand on the door handle and Chromium waited. With any luck at least one of them could climb in, and then the questioning portion of his search could start. Perhaps these guys could tell him more about his dad's disappearance, or at least give him a lay of the land around this area.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"Hey, man, look at this!" Joey spoke up, his hand on handle, slowly pulling it to find the door unlocked. "Dumb thing's not even locked! Anyone could take this thing!"

 

The youth in front, with the rather wimpy moustache, looked up, a wide grin on his face. "Yo, its like our public duty to steal it, then. Gonna do the people owning this car a big service, right? Teach them that they gotta put proper locks in these things!"

 

Joey nodded eagerly and pulled the door open, then threw himself inside, grabbing the wheel with both hands. "Aw, this thing is cool." 

 

"Shotgun!" another called out, pulling the passenger seat door open and diving in, while the others began circling around to the back seats.

Share this post


Link to post

Two was enough.

 

As soon as Joey and mustache's doors closed there was a snapping sound as the doors locked, followed by a hard rev of the engine to scare off the other boys and then it was off to the races, Chromium tore out of there, leaving behind a layer of rubber as he headed for the freeway as fast as he could make it. He knew the boys would panic, and as soon as they were done screaming his voice came over the radio,"Co-operate and I'll let you get out...but for now I have some questions, let me know when you're done getting upset and I'll start asking, what do you say, Joey?"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"Hey!" Joey grabbed for the doorhandle to try and open it again, but was thrown back into his seat as Chromium tore down the street. Both boys started screaming. Joey desperately trying to grab hold of the wheel to get some kind of control of the car, and his friend just holding on to the car seat, holding his hands up in front of his hands.

 

And then, the voice from the radio! "Dude!" "The car's talking!" "What the hell!" Cue more screaming, while the car continued to tear down the road, before they finally calmed down enough to answer, at least.

 

"Alright, alright! Just... just let us go, man! We weren't gonna steal you, we were just playing, honest!"

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium's voice was filled with the smile he couldn't make,"A wise choice, Joey, the question is what do you know about Screwtop Igglioni? What are the rumors doing the rounds on the street and have you seen him?"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"Screwtop?" Joey's voice was shaking now. "Man, I don't know nothing 'bout Screwtop!" He was shaking in his seat, while his friend was fighting to try and get to the seatbelt, with little success.

 

"Hey, hey! I heard something!" the other piped up, receiving a kick and a shout to shut up from Joey. "C'mon, slow down man! I'll tell you, promise! Just... Slow down! I think I'm gonna hurl!"

 

The kid started making noises that support what he had said, while he scrambled at the window, trying to get it open. "C'mon! Slow down! You want him to puke all over this thing?" Joey shouted, reaching out to try and grab the wheel, even if he had no control at all.

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium slowed down to a normal speed, cracking the windows just enough to let some air in,"Don't hurl in the car! There is some air and I'm slowed down...now, what do you know? And make it quick, there is an offramp that goes straight to the beach coming up and the car doesn't need to breath, you do!"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Joey's friend looked ahead, then to Joey, who was empathically shaking his head. "C'mon man... This guy's a psycho!" It wasn't long before Joey gave in. The entire experience seemed to more than enough to shake him, after all.

 

"Alright, alright!" It was Joey speaking up this time. "I heard some guys saying they saw Screwtop getting taken off the street right here in Greely. Some place down by the docks. They say some black car just drove up and he was pulled into it, then it drove off!"

 

Joey's friend was hanging out of the window by now, doing his best not to see his lunch again, but he tried to nod in agreement. "Down to the docks. Billy said he saw it drive to some big, black tanker. All we know, man! Honest!"

Share this post


Link to post

"When was this? What day and what time?", once Chromium had his answers he pulled off the freeway and stopped in an empty side street opening his doors and saying,"Thanks, Ride is over, everyone out and don't try steal cars...it's bad to be a criminal!"

 

Once they were out he spun his tires and tore off in the direction of the dock, it was time to see if there was still a black tanker on the dock...his dad could be on it.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"I don't know man! C'mon, just let us go already!" Joey was crying by now, and both scrambled out the moment they had the chance, just staring after the car as it disappeared down the streets.

 

As the car approached the docks, the black tanker came into view. It was still there, after all, but despite the time, the docks were far from empty. Security, dressed in vaguely military uniforms, but with little in the way of insignas or any other identifying marks. There were a lot of them, too. Some stationed aboard the ship. Some patrolling, moving around the docks. It was difficult to get an accurate count, but Chromium would have to decide how badly he wanted to get aboard that ship.

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium drove around the area looking at the tanker from various points of view, seeing the people moving around he focused more attention on the ship itself. In particular he kept an eye out for an anchor rope...if he could get under water and down to the anchor rope he could take on liquid form and flow up the anchor rope and into the ship itself. Hopefully remaining unseen, once he was inside it was a different story, but one thing at a time!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

A car driving around the docks, looking for a way to get aboard a ship? Not the most stealthy approach, as Chromium would come to learn. After all, not everything could be solved by a car, some times it would perhaps be better to approach a situation in a more human shape, even if that human shape seemed to be made of solid chrome.

 

As he drove along, he started hearing shouts from all around him. "Stop!" "Don't move!" "Get out of that car!" It seemed that he had not gone unnoticed. Now positioned on the docks, overlooking the tanker, with the anchor rope in sight, he had been noticed, with at least five guards carrying rifles approaching.

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium hesitated, he had meant to keep himself at a distance and get in the water from the shore further along but in his inexperience he had made the mistake of assuming that cars would not really be noticed now it was too late, he had the choice of going in here or fighting his way in from here. In the end he did what any young adult male would, he made a rash choice that he'd likely regret later.

 

There was a shriek of tire on concrete as he spun his tires, a small plume of smoke billowing out from the rear wheels as they scrabbled for purchase and then the porsche shot forward, not at the ship itself but off to one side and the water below. Either the men would have to get out of the way, or get run over as Chromium made his way to the water and whatever waited below!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"What the hell!?" The men threw themselves to the side, obviously not wanting to be run down by the car. A few of them took shots, but none of them managed to do any damage to the speeding car. Just before he hit the water, Chromium could swear he heard one of them shouting about a boogie in the water.

 

Hitting the water, Chromium would have trouble seeing anything. The already grimy water was only more difficult to see through in dark night with only the few street lights above for illumination. He could make out the shape of the ship in the water. The anchor chain would be nearby, just ahead, but would he be able to make it to it? One thing he noticed with no doubt was that he was, of course, sinking. A car, or a man of metal? Not the best thing to put under water.

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium had many problems, swimming was certainly one of them, fortunately breathing was not! As soon as he could he switched to human form and made his way towards the anchor chain, the plan was to turn liquid and send a thin tendril of himself up the anchor rope up the rope and into the ship where the anchor usually stored it's chain and then bring the rest of himself up and in before reforming. Hopefully that would give him the element of surprise when he was on the inside. Although, on reflection he would realize he'd likely given up surprise with his water drive.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Bullets were flying everywhere through the water, some even hitting Chromium, and flattening harmlessly against his chrome skin. It seemed like whoever had stationed the guards hadn't counted on someone that was bullet proof coming for them. Still, they kept up the barrage, bullets flying everywhere around him. He could vaguely hear some shouting from above, but the water blocked most of the sound.

 

Reaching the anchor, it was easy enough to become fluid and flow up it, but it would take a moment to reach the ship. 

 

Entering, Chromium would find himself in complete darkness, with only the massive chain holding the anchor immediately visible, though there was a door leading out of the room just up ahead.

Share this post


Link to post

Assuming his silver humanoid form Chromium started forward slowly, while he didn't expect to get the element of surprise as of right now the guys with the guns didn't know where he was and....for now....didn't know he was bullet proof! He'd like to keep that little element of surprise as long as possible, for right now he needed to find his dad and that meant looking around a little. Realizing that there was perhaps a better way to do this he melted into silver goop again and slid up onto the roof, sliding through the cracks on the door he moved into the ship itself, trying to stay against the roof and reveal as little of himself as possible as he slithered around slowly searching the ship.

 

He never really got used to being a big puddle, but he did find it's uses!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Sliding under the cracks of the door, Chromium found himself between the legs of a large man dressed in a dark grey military-styled attire, an assault rifle in his hands. He was shaved bald, and seemed rather gruff and focused. The man didn't seem to notice the puddle moving between his legs. At least not yet. 

 

The room itself was long and brightly lit, a pathway leading to the anchor room, which they obviously determined should be guarded. 

 

With the puddle moving across the roof, the man at least didn't seem to notice, but as Chromium reached the end of the hallway and the open door, he would have to come into the man's field of vision if he wanted to move on, unless he decided on trying something else, of course.

Share this post


Link to post

Forming up behind him, his silver body seeming to rise from the puddle that had slid under the door Chromium raised a fist and slammed it at the back of the man's head, even as he did so he was leaping forward ready to tackle the man and his gun and drag him to the ground. With any luck he could get him in a chokehold before he could get any warning off or fire his gun! As strong as Chromium was he knew that being quiet was likely his best bet, even if it was not his strong suit!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The blow was more than enough, even as Chromium moved around to catch the falling guard. It seemed that even someone that at least appeared to be highly trained couldn't stand for a sneak attack with a fist of chrome. With Chromium moving around to catch him, there were little noise made as the man dropped to the floor, but on the other hand, he now found himself holding the man in his arms. Knocked out, sure, but the question was for how long? And where he would he stash him? Aside from the anchor room that Chromium had just left, there were little in the way of places to hide him, and judging from what he had learned at AEGIS, someone was bound to show up at some point.

 

The man groaned as Chromium held him. Lucky blow or not, it was a question of when he would wake up.

Share this post


Link to post

Chromium frowned down at the groaning man and made a choice, with a sigh he searched the man seeing if he had a radio or any other equipment that would help him move around undetected. Then he looked for a place to hide him, a smirk curling his face as he opened the door to the anchor room. That would be the best place, then he took the clothing off of the guy, tying him up if he could and put his clothing and weapons on....even if he had a silver face it might give him just enough time to react before they did.

 

Once he was dressed he headed out in search of the brig....and hopefully his father.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The man had a radio strapped to his body armor, a small device on the right side of his chest. It was easy enough to get off, along with the rest of the man's uniform. There were some rope around that could be used to tie up the soldier. Probably a good choice, he was bound to be pissed whenever he woke up.

 

So, silver skinned man in an uniform. It might buy him some moments, true. Moving out through the doors, Chromium found himself in another hallway, with new doors down the left and right paths. Both seemed to lead further into the ship. The radio made a scratching sound, like the hull of the ship was blocking the signal somewhat, before a somewhat garbled voice came through. "... ar is gone. Drove right into the water and disappeared. Be on guard, it might be a 'morph." The radio fell silent again.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...