A Missing Screwtop

RocketLord

Carrying the mans weapon Chromium sighed, great clearly they had experience with superheros of various stripes if they were already crying morph. In the meant time he was wasting time listening to them jabber, with no real way to figure out which way was the best Chromium headed towards the left door. He figured he wanted to go deeper into the ship to find his dad, if he was a bad guy he'd have the brig in the very bottom of the ship...and that was what Chromium planned on looking for.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

As it turned out, Chromium was in luck. The left door open out into a large freight area, which seemed almost bare, save from a number of military vehicles. Three jeeps, a single APC, what seemed to three SUVs. The freight area was quite large, and at first, there seemed to be no immediate way for the vehicles to leave. If he looked up, Chromium would be able to spot what seemed like an opening in the middle of the roof, the deck of the ship. It could most likely be raised, allowing the cars to leave. And sure enough, there was a lift directly under the opening that seemed designed to raise up, letting the vehicles drive out.

The area seemed empty, aside from the vehicles, but right there, against the back of the room, he saw a man tied to a chair, a black bag over his head.

Chromium had to restrain himself, he almost just burst into the room and straight towards the person he thought was his dad, then he spotted the cameras and he frowned. Looking up at sides of the room he tried to determine if he could ooze his way up the wall without getting spotted, then he looked down at the floor to see if he could get under the floor. Before he went in there he had to have a plan, once they knew he was in there he was likely going to be spotted and all hell would break loose....worse he wasn't even sure if it was his dad.

He glanced over to the vehicles, perhaps he could sneak from car to car in his liquid form without being spotted, one slender thread of silver liquid at a time. He waited a little longer as he weighed up his options.

GM

The cameras seemed to be pointed at just about any angle in the room. It was clear that it wasn't going to be easy for Chromium, whether that was his father or not. Slipping under the cameras could be possible, but they moved, shifting their perspective, and often, they would turn to look at other cameras. If he was fast, then perhaps he could slip under them, but it would take timing and preparation.

Moving under the floor be difficult. It seemed to be the hull of the ship, but it might be possible to move between the cars with the right timing, taking time between each movement and wait for the cameras to turn away. Of course, it would require the exact timing between several different cameras.

Whoever had set this up was professional.

Chromium sighed, this was beyond his ability, but he had been training with Lady Horus and she had shown him that he could use the machines that made up his body for many, many things even if some of them were less obvious and more difficult for him to get right. Furrowing his silver brow he focused his mind on his body and slowly a crackle of electricity slid over him and he faded from sight. Smirking he looked down at himself, obviously not seeing anything, he chuckled and slid into the bay!

Slowly, slowly he moved his way to the prisoner at the end of the bay, breathing deeply he tried to deepen his voice so his dad wouldn't recognize it,"Screwtop, is that you?" Then it was just a matter of getting out of here....

GM

The figure at the other end of the area perked up at the sound of someone shouting, frantically looking around, even if he obviously couldn't see anything through the bag over his head. As Chromium came closer, he could clearly see the bruises, cuts and burns on the man. Obviously, someone had been working him over.

The man made some muffled noises from under the bag. It sounded like he was gagged in there, not just bound and blindfolded. It was a protesting sound, like he was trying to get his would-be rescuer to back away, or maybe to warn his captors? Who knew?

Still covered by his camouflage Chromium looked carefully over the arms and legs of the captive, looking for any tell tale tattoo's or scars that he'd recognize his dad by...he was a mobster by trade and there had to be at least a couple that Chromium could pick out before he made his next move. Either way a gag and a blindfold? This was too much, and Chromium had little patience, looking up at the cameras again he made a choice.

Lifting the chair and it's occupant up just enough it didn't touch the ground he moved the pair off behind one of the cars and out of the line of sight of the cameras before starting to cut him lose, it was time to see if this was the person he was looking for?

GM

The man's arms was a mess of cuts, scrapes and bruises, making it difficult to make out anything. It seemed like he had some recognizable tattoos, but it was hard be sure. 

The moment the chair started moving behind one of the cars, the lights turned red and an alarm sounded. It was a blaring sound, loud, annoying, meant to draw attention. The man made several muffled noises before the man was cut loose, and he quickly reached up to pull away the hood, then pull the gag in his mouth, just a dirty piece of cloth.

"What's the matter with you? I don't know not-!" The man paused, as he stared the man before him. He was bruised and battered, but one thing was sure: This was Screwtop alright.

Frowning Chromium looked up at the blaring sirens and the flashing lights,"Damn.....I had hoped to swim away from under the ship, but I just realized you can't stay under water for ever.....come on...let's get out of here." Grabbing his dad's arm he dragged him towards the door he had come in,"They have to have life boats on this thing, maybe we can use one of those to get away....unless you have a better idea?"

GM

Screwtop violently pulled his arm out of Chromium's hand. "Get your hand off me! I'm not going anywhere with the first guy that's not hitting me." Battered, bruised, he still had his spirit, it seemed. 

Despite the blaring alarms and the mess of activity and light, he stared at Chromium, looking over his features, trying to see if he recognized him. "Dammit, Jason. I ought to kick your ass for this entire mess, and now you show up loooking like this? What the hell happened to you?"

"You can try dad, I'm a lot different than I was....and I stole your car, in the back was some goop...made me like this.", shaking his head he looked around,"Now we don't have time for a family reunion....although it is good to see you, don't tell mom." Gesturing to the nearest wall he said,"I can cut a hole through the walls or the floor, but there is only water behind us and people up top shooting at us if we get in the water....any suggestions?"

He looked around, gesturing at the cars,"I doubt any of these can survive driving through these walls either."

GM

"Like hell I won't tell her! You screwed up and then ran away? Is that how I taught you?" Screwtop pushed back, seemingly more focused on the fact that his son stood before him, even if it wasn't quite in the flesh. "You slice through that thing and we drown! Is that what you want? Only way out is through those doors!" He pointed in the direction that Chromium had entered. "Or straight up, but unless your fancy look comes with wings, I can't see how that's gonna work!"

He shook his head and growled. "Just like you to come storming in without a plan! I taught ya better than that!"

There was a noise of boots, people running down the halls leading into the freight room. They wouldn't have long now.

Chromium just glared at his dad,"Stubborn old man...you're in danger if I hang around. You know how they are about superheros here?" Moving as fast as he could he grabbed one of the cars, chucking at the door, nothing like thousands of pounds of steel in front of a door to stop anyone from getting in. Grabbing his dad he smirked,"I hope you like heights?" And with that he assumed liquid form, sliding up the wall, a tendril of silver goop wrapped around his father as she slithered along the wall up to the opening in the roof and out into the open, hoping they weren't expecting him and he could get his dad into cover before the shooting started.

GM

"So you claim to be a damn hero now?" Screwtop asked. Chromium could hear some mixed emotions in his voice, some disdain and disbelief, mixed with maybe just a little bit of pride. And then he just paused when his son picked up a car and threw it at the door, before the silver form moved up the walls and grabbed onto him with tendrils.

"What the hell!?" There was some fear in his voice now, some horror, even as the silver goop carried him to safety. He struggled slightly against it before just giving up, as they reached the opening and moving out onto the ship itself.

Almost as soon as they emerged, several laser sighs from all around them took aim, appearing all over both Chromium and his father.

The deck of the boat itself was rather bare. A few containers off to the side, a crane, otherwise a standard freight ship. Nothing big or fancy, no vehicles, but they were surrounded by at least ten men in the same uniforms as the one Chromium had stolen. 

"Make one move, and we'll see if your dad's as bullet proof as you," one of the men barked, before reaching up and speaking into a radio on his chest. "Commander, you there? We got him on the roof."

Chromium pulled his dad up, trying to ignore the way his dads reaction made him feel, and that was all the distraction needed before red little dots danced over his beat up old man. With a long slow, totally unnecessary breath the silver man considered his options, silver energy crackling over his fists for a moment and then fading. He considered throwing his Dad into the water, but he wasn't sure Screwtop could keep himself afloat for very long, he was in pretty bad shape, and worse...this was exactly what his Dad, and Aegis had told him, he needed to stop and plan not just rush into things.

Growling in his throat he slowly raised his hands in surrender, it was one thing to take Chromium hostage, it was quiet another to keep him captive....he just had to have time to think.

GM

"Good call, Shiny." The man that had barked the order before slowly moved closer, his gun raised towards Screwtop. "Get down on the floor. No tricks, no turning into a puddle, no nothing, got it?" He sounded confident, as he nudged Screwtop with the mussle of his gun. "And you, get over there and get those handcuffs on, old man." 

Screwtop glared at the soldier, but still did as he was told, moving over another soldier that handcuffed his hands behind his back. "Fat lotta good you did, kid. Now they got both of us."

The soldier that handcuffed him let out a short harsh laugh. "Why would we care about you, old man. You were just the bait."

Once Screwtop was handcuffed, the leader soldier turned to Chromium, once more aiming his rifle at him. "Don't even think about trying anything, Shiny. We might have orders to bring you in, but they didn't say anything about you being in one piece."

"You're right, should have left you to die, right? That's what we do in this family, hang people out to dry?", Chromium was pissed, and he wasn't bothering to hide it, even more so once he found out that his dad was simply bait and he had just gone straight in and taken it hook, line and sinker!

He snorted at the guy,"I'll cooperate but you might find it harder to hurt me than you think....I didn't get Shiny like this because of my natural genetics." For now he would cooperate, he knew that at some point he'd figure out a way to get both him and Screwtop out of this. If his dad let him, stubborn old man.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Screwtop didn't seem to care about the situation around them, or maybe he was just too focused on his son actually standing before him. His brows furrowed, his eyes growing dark as he crossed his arms. "You already did, boy." His tone was cold and somber. "What do you think happened after you ran off? You think the big bosses just let me go?" If he took the time, Chromium would be able to see that not all of Screwtop's scars were recent, and not all of the old scars were some that he recognized. Finally acknowledging the other soldiers again, he just glared at them. "Quiet down, not like you haven't all taken turns beating on me for the hell of it already."

The soldier chuckled at the scene before him, the father and son arguing despite the situation. "Sure, Shiny. And you think we brought you here without knowing anything about you?" He kept his weapon aimed at Screwtop as he spoke, despite keeping his eyes on Chromium. "The Commander will be here in a moment, and then its your turn, Shiny."

• 2 weeks later...

Chromium dropped his head down, and shook his head,"Look at me dad, you think I'm bad now. I was stuck in the shape of a car for ages...I couldn't come back...I'm sorry." His head snapped up as he glared at the others,"I look forward to it....he may find he's bitten off more than he can chew as well." He snorted, turning his back on them waiting for the inevitable Commander to arrive.

Even as he did he looked around the place for a way to get his father off of here, if he could get his father inside of his car shape he'd be safe from bullets but there was a limited amount of time for that to happen...and more importantly, there was only so many places a car could go. He needed to figure out a way to get more shapes out of his body....a ship or submarine would be useful right around now.

GM

"I know what you are thinking." The voice that came from behind the men was deep. Every word sounded like it was spoken with precision and purpose, the tone hard and determined. "If only I could turn into something else."

The man that approached was tall. Every step he made echoed with a metallic sound as he stepped across the ship, placing a hand on the shoulder of one of the soldiers to approach Chromium and his father. He was clad in the same uniform as the other men, but with no sleeves. His arms shined in the light, a dark silver. His face, any kind of visible skin, it was the same. His eyes were silver, he was bald. In many ways, if not for his decidedly African-American features, the man looked a lot like Chromium himself. 

Even Screwtop had gone silent now, his mouth slightly agape as he stared between his son and the commander. 

"You stole something important, son. Did you really think that nobody would ever come looking for you?" He didn't seem to be wearing any weapons, but then again, neither did Chromium. 

Chromium turned and what he saw made his mouth fall open, he stared at what looked like a replica of him, except different, darker and a little bigger but otherwise it was looking at what he would be when he was done growing,"Wow.......Holy......." He blinked and shook his head,"I didn't know it was in the car....It was an accident." His brain processed a little and he frowned,"Did you do it on purpose to yourself?"

"Who are you?"

GM

"Sure it was, kid." The commander strode up to Chromium. Once he stood directly in front of him, he crossed his arm. They made a metallic sound as they connected. "Nobody ever steals something on purpose. You're just an innocent bystander and yadda yadda." He reached forward and grabbed Chromium's chin, turning his head around to get a good look at him. "Not bad, kid. Real shiny, there. At least bullet proof. Gonna be interesting to see what else you can take." Still holding Chromium's chin, he gave it a quick squeeze while leaning in close enough that they reflected in each other's faces. "You will address me as Commander Irons, punk. Do not forget that." He let go and stepped back, putting his hand up in the air and waving it around. "Get them prepped. Level 3 manacles for the kid. Dump the old man in the water, we don't need him anymore."

The soldiers got to work, two moving to take care of Screwtop, while the rest moved towards Chromium, two of them carrying a rather large, and heavy, dark block with holes for his hands. Whatever Chromium was planning, now would be the time to act.

• 2 weeks later...

Chromium's silver eyebrow lifted slowly, and shook his head loose from the bigger silver guys grip glaring at him but keeping his mouth in check. That was until Commander Irons decided to threaten his dad,"NO!" His eyes turned to his father and yellow electrical energy surged over his body crackling over his entire frame as he lifted his foot and let out another yell,"Not my dad!" The foot slammed down and the deck of the ship rippled outwards, shards of metal flying everywhere as he started towards his dad, bullets he couldn't stop but if he let his dad get thrown overboard tied up it was over for Screwtop and Chromium couldn't let him die!

Better to die fighting than just submit and let his dad die! His massive fists raised as he got ready to take out as many of the minions before Commander Irons could react.

GM

"No!" Commander Irons was smart, it seemed. He reacted immediately, steeling himself as Chromium's fist slammed into the floor, a shockwave rippling through the floor of the ship and into the soldiers on the way. All but one of the four soldiers that had approached him fell to the sides. Both Screwtop at the two soldiers that had moved towards him dropped. Commander Irons was made of sterner stuff, it seemed. 

He looked absolutely livid. "You little punk." His voice was surprisingly calm. "Men, deal with the old man. The kid is mine."

GM

"Ah, screw it!" Screwtop was the first to speak up after the order was given. With far more speed and precision than one would imagine, he slammed his elbow directly into the nose of the one still standing soldier. Completely surprised, the soldier dropped to the ground while Screwtop quickly reached for his weapon, taking aim at the surrounding soldiers as they started reaching for their weapons and rising to their feet.

Commander Irons rushed forward. He was silent now, moving in quick, focused strides. He lunged forward with his right arm, the sound of chrome meeting iron creating a metallic clang as he punched Chromium directly in the face.