How to build "hands of power" ?

Poodle

I have a character that wants to be able to cast a ritual that enables his punches to have different descriptors eg, "holy, silver, flaming fists of fury". I don't know if he is limited to one descriptor at a time although that would be weird seeing as most other powers seem to have more than one descriptor. How many ranks of variable descriptor would he need to be able use most descriptors? Is Limitation [unarmed attacks only] applicable or even necessary? Is it enhanced trait power or something else?

Thanks for any help.

That would be buying Two ranks of Variable descriptor on his unarmed attacks.  That is one Damage type descriptor at a time.  So fire or silver not both.  Two ranks is a broad category like "Any Magic Descriptor"  which means it's a magic attack (cus ritual) and does magic fir or magic silver damage.  Only one type of damage per round.

But you really should buy that on a damage effect not just unarmed.  it doesn't make much sense to get magic fire hands and all they do is what a puch does but with fire.

1 hour ago, angrydurf said:

But you really should buy that on a damage effect not just unarmed.  it doesn't make much sense to get magic fire hands and all they do is what a puch does but with fire.

He only has two attacks, punching stuff and a tranq gun. He has a strike power. All I want is for his punch to be able to affect things an ordinary punch can't. I don't want or need extra damage as that would put me over PL caps