Vibora Bay - Storm of the Century (OOC)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll set the miracle VP to 

Boost 3 (Persephone's flight power; Extras: Total Fade; Flaws: Others Only; Power Feats: Slow Fade 2(3 Minute duration))  [5PP]

To add a rank of her flight power and a rank of progression too it.  Can reapply if it takes more than three minutes to get there.  If That works.  I Think that should allow both passengers and get our speed up a bit.

An advance of what I think I'm gonna try when we get in rounds a couple questions.

Is it possible counter the summon equivalent making the zombies?  (I'm guessing not)

Baring a direct counter to the effect what'd be a good base power for putting the dead back to rest in this context.  Some kind of limited damage or like a stun?

If minions damage seems the most straightforward.   but wouldn't think it'd effect the big guy so not sure.

Persephone will keep maintaining her Flight and Environment Control (Light) effects, and she will use either her Move Object or Create Object effect to lift up the rubble so she can make sure no one was inside the church when it collapsed.

If she can treat the rubble (or at least part of it) as one "object", then she can use Move Object to move a weight of 12 tons five feet per round, with each halving of weight resulting in a doubling of speed.

If she can't treat the rubble as a single object, then she can use Create Object to make a thing that rises up from underneath the rubble, and that thing can support up to 12 tons of weight (same lifting strength as the Move Object effect), though it can't move once it's done coming into existence and filling the space it's gonna fill (up to 10 50ft cubes worth of volume).

Both effects have Indirect 3, so she can come at it from any direction she needs to.

Sagrado Corazon 

Nullify, Transform, Healing, lots of possibilities! 

Persephone and Speed Demon 

You do indeed find people who were trapped in the church! You're right that you can't move all the chunks of debris at once, but you're able to find the pastor and his family in the ruins of his office. 

Woodsman

Riley gets close on his motorcycle and shoots at the zombies with an exploding bolt, woo! He knows better than to use fire on zombies, so let's call it an ice bomb. 

Reflex save: 

http://orokos.com/roll/754008 = They fail! 

Tou vs 25

http://orokos.com/roll/754010 That's going to take out a significant chunk, since they are minions, but there's still a horde - and now they're after Woodsman! Luckily they're zombies so they're not as fast as a guy on a motorcycle

Cheval

Croczilla: 

The DC to hit him is 14, so that hits and gives you significant Autofire. 

Tou vs 32 

http://orokos.com/roll/753992 31! He takes an injured (since he's a construct) 

He's sore now! 

The DC to hit Cheval is 17 Croczilla will All-Out Attack, dropping his defense to -1.

http://orokos.com/roll/753995 19 

That's a DC 40 Tou save, plz! 

His Grapple check is +50. 

http://orokos.com/roll/753998 = 54! 

one less than Cheval can make on a nat-20! 

Okay, he'll seek to throw him. Cheval weighs around a ton. 

Croczilla has STR 85 for this purpose. 

2000 lbs is the Heavy Load for STR 35. 

85-35 is 50

10 steps up the Time and Value Progression Table 

1000 ft! Okay, he'll throw him 1000 ft straight down, into the crypts under the church, where he'll find interesting things and also make a DC 30 Tou save (he got slowed down by stuff he passed through) as he hits rock bottom. (Sorry Cheval, but you've got power enough to take them hits!) 

Initiative time! 

Woodsman: 26

Croczilla: 6

Zombie Horde: 10

All credit to Grumble on this one for Torque's attack!

Move Action: Get her into position.

Free Action: Use Extra Effort for a power stunt, to temporarily gain an Alternate Power feat for her 10PP Vehicular Movement array.

Alternate Power: [10PP]

Area Strength 10 (Area Type: General, Area Shape: Burst, Area Size: 50ft radius) [10PP] (Descriptor: Helicopter Blades)

Standard Action: Make an "unarmed" attack. Now that you have that power, it will hit everything within 50ft of wherever your initial move action placed her. They all get a DC20 Reflex save for 1/2 damage, then a DC25 Toughness save.

Initiative roll: 1d20+2=19

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 21

I'll burn a Hero Point to apply Ultimate Effort on the first Toughness Save, for a total result of 37, resulting in a bruise.

Can't make that grapple, since I'm at the Break Strike in the array, but let's see how well it goes anyway: 1d20+27 = 46, close, at least!

Finally, Toughness save for being thrown down: 1d20+16 = 29, another bruise, but Cheval is still standing!

Also, ow! But at least the beast attacked him!

Any chance for a HP for acting heroic by distracting it away from the others? ?

Edited by RocketLord

Woodsman:

Woodsman can't even be sure of reliably hitting the creature in the head, given how big it is. And he's being pursued by zombies! 

So he'll turn around and drive towards the monster, because that's what Woodsmen do. 

Drive check: 23

Acrobatics: 20

Climb: 25 with Skill Mastery

He reaches the monster and begins ascending it! With Speed on his Grappling line, he'll reach its head at the top of next turn. 

Cheval will be up as soon as I post IC, @RocketLord