Vibora Bay - Storm of the Century (OOC)

This looks like it was once, a long time ago, a place of magic and worship - you can see marks burnt into the walls that represent African orishas, along with Christian symbolism and other things. But all the magic markings on the walls look burnt away and very recently, as if they've just happened - if there was power here before, now there's nothing but ashes. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheval jumps out of the hole and tries his hand at another Break Strike aimed at the beast! 1d20+12 = 15, with Autofire, Penetrating 3 and Knockback+7. DC27 TOU + eventual autofire if that hits. Trying to go for a knee, maybe slow the thing down a bit by disabling it.

And using a free action to quickly shout to the others about the strange stuff down in the hole, someone better at magic might be able to use that

Edited by RocketLord

Sagrado Corazon:

Free Action:  Extra effort for a power stunt on his Voice Array.  He'll be fatigued next round if he doesn't buy it off with an HP

Power is Nullify 10 (Rest in Peace; Nullify Animate dead (1pp/rank base); Extras: Area(General, Perception{auditory}), Duration(sustained) 2; Flaws:  Range(touch); Power Feats: Progression 2?)  [32PP]

Not sure how progression interacts with perception areas but nothing better for those two PP so hopefully it amplifies his voice to be heard over hurricane and monster.

Move Action:  Get in an optimal position to intercept the zombies Woodsman so carefully delivered.

Standard Action:  Activate the above power to try and knock out the force animating the zombies.  Nullify check is 1d20+10=28.

Wait, is Torque attacking the zombie horde, or the giant zombie croc?

The power stunt I'd designed was assuming he was mowing through the horde, which is why it was a General Area attack that wouldn't need an attack roll. Is Heritage not still using that?

Persephone

Free Actions: Maintain her Flight and Environment Control effects.

Move Action: Move to within touch-range of Cheval. (If he's more than 100ft away, let me know and I'll have her Surge for more movement.)

Free Action: Switch her Plant Control array to the Healing AP. This ends her Move Object effect, so the rubble falls back down.

Standard Action: Heal Cheval.

His Con bonus is +13 and her Healing rank is 9, so his minimum roll is 23. That's over the DC15 it would take on his recovery check to remove both of his Bruised conditions, so he's fully healed.

Free Action: Activate her Impervious Toughness effect.

Since her Healing effect is Distracting, her Defense drops to +5 (DC15) until her next action.

Croczilla: 

will attempt to step on the most recent creature to attack it - Betsy! 

It's just crafty enough to use combat feats, so it'll All-Out Attack 

http://orokos.com/roll/755330 = 22

That hits! 

DC 40 Tou save, Betsy. If that inflicts knockback, it'll inflict as much of it as possible away towards the ocean. 

Croczilla spends its move action moving 125 ft away - on its next turn, it will leave the church property and begin rampaging through the city. 

Sagrado Corazon and Cheval, give me Knowledge (Arcane Lore)/Theo/Civics checks. 

Everyone else, we'll be in a new round as soon as Tiff rolls and I post IC. 

Okay, knockback check! 

Her knockback is -10

+15 from the attacks damage. 

That's technically 10 miles but that's crazy. 

I won't make you roll for the hit you'll take when you land nearby.

Round 2: 

Speed Demon: 29, 1HP 

Woodsman: 26, 1HP 

Cheval: 21, 3HP 

Torque: 19, 1HP 

Sagrado: 15, 3HP 

Zombie Horde: 10 

Betsy: 8, Staggered, 1000 ft away, 0HP 

Persephone: 6, 4 HP

Croczilla: 6

Speed Demon is up, @Thunder King, as soon as I post IC for Croczilla. 

Higher than 15 on any of those checks will tell Cheval and Sagrado Corazon that the largest thing the creature is heading for is a mostly-vacant strip mall nearby. It distinctly turned that way, too, shifting its direction as it started moving. There's not much in the mall these days, just two storefront churches (a Hispanic Pentecostal Church that a friend of Sagrado's attends when he needs to convince his mom everything is okay; and a High Apostolic Church splinter that Cheval is familiar with. Before it gets there, it's going to run right through an block of rowhouses, though. 

That hits, as the DC to hit it is currently 9. (not 19, 9) 

Ref save vs. 16: 18

Sorry! 

Woodsman: 

Move: 

Woodsman finishes climbing and reaches the monster's head. He maintains his grip for the moment with his Climb Skill mastery. 

Standard: 

He switches to this attack and shoots at the monster: 

AP: Snare 6 (bola arrow; Extras: Linked [Trip], Transparent; Flaw: Unreliable [5 Uses], PFs: Improved Crit 2) {14} + Trip 6 (Extra: Linked [Snare]; Flaw: Unreliable [5 Uses]; PF: Improved Throw) {7} {14+4=18/21}

I'll say he needs to roll despite being physically on the monster, because why not! Power Attacking for +5

http://orokos.com/roll/755379 = 19 

That definitely hits. 

OK, so now the creature starts making Reflex saves. 

vs. Snare 

http://orokos.com/roll/755380 it failed by 5, so it is bound and helpless for the moment! 

vs. Trip 

This is a pain because it gets a substantial bonus. 

Riley is gonna use Dex, given the creature is bad at this. But it is so big!

The monster rolls a 29

Woodsman is rolling with +11 given that he power attacked for +5 and is using Dex. 

Okay! 

I'll say Riley makes it fall backwards - everybody other than Torque and Betsy, give me a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid being hit by splatter effects. 

Cheval is up as soon as I post IC.