Jump to content
Avenger Assembled

Vibora Bay - Storm of the Century (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Okay: 

Don't forget for setting purposes that Vibora Bay was devastated by Hurricane Michael a year ago - it was the worst natural disaster a VB native had ever experienced. (So just keep that in mind!)

Let's establish a map: 

 

Woodsman is on the campus of UFVB in Far Weston near inner Weston. 

Sagrado Corazon is at St. Paul's in inner Weston. 

Speed Demon is in ??? 

Persephone is at a shelter in Weston - I'm going to say she's at St. Paul's in inner Weston too, if that's okay, @Grumblefloof

Betsy Brooks is in ??? 

Torque is in ??? 

Cheval is dropping people off at a shelter - do you mind if I put you at St. Paul's too, @RocketLord

 

Speed Demon, Betsy, and Torque, you can say if you're in inner Weston too if you like. 

 

Okay! 

 

Persephone, give me a Notice check, DC 20. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

He's in Inner Weston.  'on his way home' is vague enough for him to be just after a delivery to Inner Weston

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to say  Cheval and Sagrado Corazon don't get a good look at Persephone but they do see the tree rising into the air with the lady inside. (just to make it easier for PCs to find each other) 

 

Everybody can feel a distant vibration, not quite an earthquake but something like a distant rumble of thunder that's not quite going away. 

 

Zombie-Croc is still technically in San Sebastien, but is going to come out on the major street between Hollings Hill and Far Weston. We'll call it Fortune Street. 

 

If anybody has a vibration-related or magic-detecting super-sense, now would be a great time to roll Notice to figure out exactly what's happening. 

Share this post


Link to post

Betsy can be where needed so Inner Weston is fine. And if Supernatural Sense counts Betsy has skill mastery for Notice of 25.

Share this post


Link to post

Betsy - holy cow! A huge and I do mean huge signature just appeared on your mental radar at the same moment the lights went out. There is a giant monster somewhere nearby, maybe closer than you think. 

Share this post


Link to post

maybe Torque can be near the same shelter by St. Paul's? I'm thinking she probably just dropped some people off and was starting to head back out when the lights went out. 

Share this post


Link to post

 

Quote

Persephone is at a shelter in Weston - I'm going to say she's at St. Paul's in inner Weston too, if that's okay

 

I have no objection.

 

Quote

Persephone, give me a Notice check, DC20.

 

Notice check (DC20): 20. That's lucky.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Heritage: That's fine.

 

Persephone: You can see something moving off towards the northern part of town down by the edge of the swamp - you can't quite make it out through the driving rain and darkness. The darndest thing is - you're pretty sure you're not seeing it at all, but somehow your plant symbiote is! You are also pretty sure that some of the people on the street spotted what you just did, even if they didn't spot you directly. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm assuming you'll want a Notice roll of some kind. This is for Darkvision, Infrared Vision, and Radio Hearing

 

Notice: 1d20+5=14

Edited by Heritage

Share this post


Link to post

The city is dark and silent - it looks like power is out as far as you can see, which isn't far with rain sheeting down in buckets everywhere. It wasn't an EMP effect as such; you didn't feel anything and you can see people getting around with their phones and flashlights. Nothing has happened on the radio but you are able to get reports of two police cars near the university that aren't checking in after the outage. 

Share this post


Link to post

Anthony is going to go exploring the area, seeing what he can do help after putting his costume on.

 

Notice (with Skill Mastery): 23

Share this post


Link to post

In case it wasn't obvious, the tree was the descriptor for Persephone activating her Flight effect. She'll maintain that, and she'll also activate her Morph effect, Quick Change feat, and Environment Control (Light) effect.

 

Now she's bright enough to turn total darkness-based concealment adjacent to her into partial, and partial into none. But more importantly, she can probably be seen from pretty far away now.

 

Share this post


Link to post

No worries with Cheval's location.

 

I doubt Cheval being able to see spirits apply, but just in case, a notice check for that: 1d20+6 = 16

Share this post


Link to post

Between Persephone's symbiotic life form telling her something's amiss over in far Weston, the radio signal to Torque, and anyone else listening on police bands, that should let everyone head in the general direction of the monster, if you are so inclined. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Persephone's Flight is only rank 1, 10MPH, so even with her ability to effectively bypass terrain, it might take her a while to reach the big guy.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Torque is trying to lift the car clear using her landing struts.

 

Pilot check: 1d20+10=14

 

Meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Persephone's Flight is only rank 1, 10MPH, so even with her ability to effectively bypass terrain, it might take her a while to reach the big guy.

 

Oh, and she's got Affects Others, but she doesn't have any Progression feats on that. It looks like Cheval took her up on her offer, so if Sagrado wants to be the third wheel, then she'll have to use Extra Effort to get a temporary Progression rank.

 

Edited by Grumblefloof

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...