Not all Fun and Games (IC)

Shofet

The creature blinked, one eye at a time. Then, an intense look crossed their face as they licked their large, flat teeth. "You don't need to shout," they said, before turning and walking northward. They had a strange, hobbled gait, as though they were in pain but if there was any discomfort their face did not show it. Cool winds blew across the grasses, and strange birds chirped overhead.

They came upon a cave. The outside was littered with trash, mostly bones but the occasional candy wrapper of indeterminate origin as well, with labels in a language that were not from any real realm.

The creature banged on the wall, and then, from the darkness emerged Raya. Except she was much more wild looking. Her hair had grown out, now extending down to her shoulders, while dark circles were under her eyes. Her clothes were rags now, shredded versions of what she had been wearing in the outside world. Her eyes went wide at seeing Valkyrja, and she nearly tripped over herself as she ran forth.

"Holy crap! I thought I'd never see you again. Oh my god, it has been so long. I've been living like an animal."

VALKYRJA

"IF MY VOICE UPSETS YOU GOBLIN THEN I APOLOGIZE, IT IS THE WAY OF MY PEOPLE."

Bobbi had a term for it that, something about no indoor voice, she didn't quite understand it was just how she'd always spoken.

"I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IF YOU EVER NEED SOMETHING THEN CALL ON ME."

When Raya exited the cave Valkyrja swept her up in a friendly hug.

"IF I HAD KNOWN THAT TIME WAS DIFFERENT HERE I WOULD HAVE ARRIVED EARLIER, THE OLD MAN WAS QUIT UNHELPFUL! I WILL SUMMON FRARVAENGR AND WE CAN RETURN TO MIDGARD*."

*Earth

• 1 month later...

Raya grunted as she was picked up, a loud ripple of pops and cracks emanating from her spine. It turned out that sleeping in a cave was immensely bad for your back. She had tried generating a bed with her badge, but it turned out she wasn't quite competent at that, yet. Just a lot of hot, insubstantial light.

"Hurk!" she cried. "Uh, I appreciate it, but you've missed some stuff. Namely that this is... So if you brought me back with your horse friend, I'd probably just disappear or something and my body would be screwed. This is some weird soul dimension. I tried porting out of here myself but it doesn't work."

She sighed. "Anyway, I've been trying to find a way out of here for a while now but no dice. We gotta find a way to get my soul back into my body and I think the answer is somewhere in this weird world, I just haven't found it yet."

VALKYRJA

The woman smiled down reassuringly at the other hero, they were at something of an advantage in the manner of lost soul. She was a little rusty but on this matter she was something of an expert.

THEN YOU ARE IN LUCK FOR BEFORE MY VALKYRJASVEFN I WAS A VALKYRIE A COLLECTOR OF THE HONOURED DEAD TO THE HALLS OF VALHÖLL. THOUGH I WILL HAVE TO ASK THE ALL FATHER TO BRIEFLY RESTORE MY GIFT SO A BRIEF TIME. THIS SHOULDN’T TAKE TO LONG SO DO NOT THREAT WHILST I’M AWAY.

In a few moments Valkyrja faded away as she went to communicate with her old boss, leaving the surprising form of Bobbi Foster behind.

Urm, surprise I guess? We could be here a little while so I guess we should pass the time, do you have any cards on you?”

The Meta-Naut

Raya stared at Bobbi for a moment, and then nodded, shrugging. "Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool," she muttered. "So, uh, I'm the Meta-Naut, since we're doing the whole 'revealing our secret identities' thing. But, ah, do you intentionally talk like that when you change into your other self or is that like just something that happens? Like is this a 'maintaining my secret identity' sort of thing or is it like a 'I am being fused with another entity and she is very shouty' thing?"

She then looked around, peering into the cave behind her. "Also, if you want, I have like an old couch in there and stuff. Going to level with you, definitely wasn't expecting the answer to all of this to be so easy. Was sort of expecting a big adventure to find the way out and... Nah, you know what, just going to go ahead and accept this. This is probably better."

"...Seriously though, this is convenient."

VALKYRJA

Bobbi gave a little shrug, she was use to Sanngriðr but she knew that to others the Asgardian could be quite a handful.

I wouldn’t take it as a given, it’s never easy when Asgardians are involved. I’m sure that there will be some quest of other that we’ll have to go on. And don’t worry about the whole secret identity thing, its all still new for me as well.”

She wandered into the cave, waiting for Meta-naut to follow, talking as she did.

Sorry about the whole no indoor voice thing, she tries but she really doesn’t understand the issue. She’s a really Valkyrie, Sanngriðr, there are a few lines in a saga somewhere, whilst I’m just Canadian!” she grinned a flopped down on the sofa

We were bound together in an incident she tell much better. I’m also a Doctor…” she looked at Raya more seriously “And living like this for a while isn’t the best, any problems I should know about?”