Otherworld Capers (IC)

GM

The thug that was wheeling Captain Crime ahead suddenly stopped, his eyes going wide. Unfortunately, the jerk in his muscles worked against him, and he released his grip on the wheelchair that held the supervillain. The chair, slightly on an incline, started to roll away, eliciting noises of panic from Captain Crime. The young woman frantically tried to catch him, but he picked up speed too quickly. Crime shrieked as he suddenly descended down a dip in the middle of the room, headed towards the transmitter itself. He slammed into it, hard, sailing over a protective barrier established around the rim and then suddenly stood stock still as he began to vibrate and shriek. Smoke rose up from the plaster of his casting, and his shrieking rose in pitch. 

Desperately, Ms. Demeanor rushed forward, grabbing some rubber gloves from her jumpsuit, and then pulling them on and yanking Captain Crime free. She threw him to the ground, and there, his eyes wildly looking about as a low whine emerged from his throat.

"Aaaaaa... AaA.... Aa..."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBELLION

Dave looked over at Raya, raising his right eyebrow slightly. "Can you handle the girl? I'm gonna try to stop the goons before they start shooting." he asked. Captain Crime didn't seem like a threat right now. The big guy was gonna be out for a moment, at least. Right now, that left Ms. Demeanor and the goons. Guns were never a good thing. 

Turning away from the Meta-Naut, Dave started walking towards the goons with the guns. He slowly moved his arms out to the side, his batons falling out of his sleeves and into them. As he walked, he slowly changed, his disguise fading away. The business suit became blue pants, jacket and hat. The smiling face of Dave turned into black with bright white eyes. They almost seemed to glow, at least compared to the black that surrounded them, as he stared straight at the goons with the guns. "You should run." Then, he let the fear wash over them.

GM

The goons looked at each other, then at Rebellion as the fear washed over them. They all dropped their guns simultaneously, and began to scramble towards any available exits, shrieking incoherently with abandon. That left the room mostly empty, aside from a whining Captain Crime, a paralyzed thug and a very angry looking Ms. Demeanor, who scowled at the fleeing cowards.

Yet when Raya tried to capitalize on things, Ms. Demeanor moved too fast. She freed a knife from hidden inside her jumpsuit, and chucked it at the Meta-Naut, only to find it suddenly intercepted by a flash of blue light. Ms. Demeanor's eyes widened.

"A force-field!? THAT'S CHEATING!"

The Meta-Naut

As the knife was harmlessly deflected by her force-field, Raya sighed to herself. She had hoped to not have to use her powers while she was in disguise as herself, but it seemed as though she now had no choice but to kick this woman's butt. Focusing, she conjured a blaster of transparent blue light around her hand, and fired it directly at the woman.

Unlike the Meta-Naut, however, Ms. Demeanor had no forcefield. The blast struck true, and she seemed dazed by the attack that hit her, slowing her down. "Alright, I got her," Raya announced. "Go ahead and finish her off while she's loopy."

REBELLION

They ran. Good. Rebellion had no issue fighting them if given no choice, but they weren't really a part of this. Just victims. His batons already in his hands, he turned from the fleeing men and women to the Meta-Naut and Ms. Demeanor. It was interesting to see the Meta-Naut fight. All flash and spectacle, force fields and blue lights. Technology? Hard light projections? It wasn't his expertise.

The Meta-Naut's blast hit home, and he approached, raising a baton and swinging it hard at Ms. Demeanor's head. No reason to be fancy. If anything, she was probably the one member of Captain Crime's crew that were working with him of her own free will, and if not... well, they had to stop them, didn't they?

On the other hand, scared or not, it was probably just a matter of time before the large man got up again.

Edited by RocketLord

The Meta-Naut

Raya watched the baton clunk Ms. Demeanor in the head, and couldn't help but wince. The force of the hit seemed to nearly knock the supervillainess on her behind, and left her looking even worse for wear than her own blast did.

But she was still up, and Raya couldn't have that.

She took off into the air, flying up and around and behind the woman, before levelling her blaster at Ms. Demeanor's back. Letting loose another blast, it hit the distracted villainess between the shoulder blades, but did not actually seem to knock her down.

"Oh, come on!" Raya whined. "How sturdy is she?"

REBELLION

Sturdy, yes. Ms. Demeanor was made from far sterner stuff than Captain Crime himself, it seemed. Not that he had any complaints about only having to fight one person right now, especially with the way they were raining blows down on her. One part of his training that he had decided not to abandon, at least: Stay in close, keep hitting until the enemy is down. Then determine what to do with them. It was brutal, perhaps more brutal than a hero should be, but what else could he do? He might have special abilities, but nothing like most others.

Rebellion swung his baton in the direction of Ms. Demeanor again, but either she got lucky, or he got sloppy. He doubted the blow would land.

The Meta-Naut

Raya groaned loudly when the blow did not connect, but even more so when Ms. Demeanor decided it was high time she got out of here. The villainess turned and ran, and Raya ground her teeth. Well, at least with her running, she won't be hurting anyone else.

Then, she thought about it for a second more. This lady was going to hijack her tech with her boss to turn the cities into some weird crime land. And you know what? No one touched her stuff. Not her, not her boss, not any of his goons not even God.

Raya suddenly extended a giant tether from her blaster, which then formed into a pair of claws at the end. They wrapped around the fleeing criminal.

"Hah! Gotcha, you little psycho," she said with a smirk. "Now you better just sit tight or I am going to see just how high I can throw you, and I won't be catching you when you come back down, either."

Uh, little dark there, Meta-Naut, she thought to herself. Still, it seemed to work as the villainess simply hung her head and waited in her confinement.

REBELLION

He heard that groan. Rebellion glared lightly at the Meta-Naut as she moved to intercept with some kind of tether from her gun. What couldn't that gun do? But she got the bad guy, at least. And then went all dark and brooding on her, which, frankly? It didn't really work, did it?

"This isn't as easy as I make it look, y'know." he murmured as he walked past the Meta-Naut to Ms. Demeanor, slowly twirling one of the batons between his finger. "Let me. You sound like an angry teddy bear." 

He stopped in front of Ms. Demeanor. His eyes glowed from the darkness that was his face. There was something changing about his demeanor, his entire body. There was a glare in his eyes, as he slowly raised one of the batons to Ms. Demeanor's face. "Meta-Naut might be a nice and fluffy teddy bear, but you saw what I did to your boss and your goons. You seem smarter than them. Tell me everything about Captain Crime and his Crime Gun." He watched her like a hawk. 

GM

Ms. Demeanor looked rather alarmed at Rebellion's appearance. "Gosh, are all heroes as nasty as you guys in this dimension or am I just real unlucky?" She hung her head and sighed. "Alright, you got me licked. Captain Crime's my uncle. He had just gone splitsville from this group of criminals called the Ferocious Five, for a lot of reasons, and then he decided he was going to make a big mark. He got busted, and decided he was going to go to a more primitive world. Since you guys are like... 52 years later than us and wayyyy more primitive, he thought you'd all be easy marks."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Turns out, no. Aaaanyway, his crime gun just uses evil energies to bring out your latent criminality. I ain't hip to what evil energies are, but that's what he calls them."

REBELLION

Evil. Energy.

Other dimensions.

Either they were both insane, or they came from an insane world.

Reaching up with left hand, Rebellion pinced the bridge of his nose. He felt like he was getting a headache. This was insane. All of this. Other worlds, sure. But evil energies and stories of other worlds told through comics? That was just too much. Shaking his head, he turned away from Ms. Demeanor and instead turned to the Crime Gun. "No. I can't deal with this anymore. What happens if I just break that damn gun? Is it going to explode with "evil energies" and turn us all evil or something?" He did the quotation marks with his fingers. 

This was just too much.

GM

Ms. Demeanor sighed. "Nah, if you just broke it, then all you'd have is a broken gun. Which would suck because then my uncle would yell at me and I probably wouldn't get paid and I'd have a real rough time."

She tried making puppy-dog eyes at him. "Say, jack, why don'tcha lemme skip on outta here? You got me beat and I ain't a threat no more. Not to mention I am pretty sure one of those baton hits to the dome gave me something like a concussion and I am real woozy."

"Pleeeaaaase?"

REBELLION

"No." Let her go? Why? Rebellion didn't know the rules of the world that Ms. Demeanor came from, but he wasn't about to to just let her go, threat or not. No reason for that to come back and bite him in the ass. Of course, he wasn't the one holding her, so he shot a glance towards Meta-Naut. "Don't let her go." Just to be sure she wasn't falling for that. Honestly, she might. Had to be sure.

Easiest way to handle all this would be to break the gun, wouldn't it? Unless she was lying, of course, but he found that few lied when put up against him. "If I break it, what happens to the people that's been... ugh... turned into criminals? Nothing like them being stuck like that?" They didn't need that, after all.

GM

"Eh? Oh, nah. The energies fade over time and people usually return to their normal selves after a few days. Well, mostly normal. There's some residual stuff but nothing ever serious. People ain't hit with enough energy to make it permanent, not unless you used that transmitter like we were planning."

Ms. Demeanor looked around boredly, then smiled as she saw the door close off in the distance, her uncle and the goon now far and away. The sound of a car driving off and then a loud flashing noise followed.

"Aaaaaand there goes Uncle Crime. You'll probably never find him now, but he'll be back."

REBELLION

"Good." Approaching the gun on the floor, Rebellion raised a baton above his head, before bringing it down hard, smashing it into the gun over and over, until it was broken into pieces so small that no one should be able to put it back together. Didn't need someone random doing something like that.

And Captain Crime and the big guy had run off, and that flashing noise... had he gone back to his own world, if that was even a thing? Would he be able to just pop back here when he wanted?

Great.

"Maybe, but think about this: He left you behind. What makes you think he'll ever come back for you?"

The Meta-Naut

Raya frowned at the proceedings. Captain Crime had escaped while their backs were turned and now they were left with this lady. If she was right and he did come back, this was going to be a problem for her. He had already shown a willingness to break into her company's transmitter room, and she didn't doubt he'd do it again.

But what could she do about it? Not much until she could figure out just where his home dimension was. Or where exactly he had gone to, if not his home dimension. Oh, this was incredibly frustrating.

She glowered at Ms. Demeanor, and slowly turned her upside down. Petty revenge would have to sate her for now. 

GM

Ms. Demeanor smirked at Rebellion. "Because he always does. We've done this song and dance before, and he always comes back. Trust me, he ain't the type to get my mom mad, because she will go buck wild on his butt if I am gone too long. So, you know, congrats to you f-HEY! HEY TURN ME AROUND!"

Ms. Demeanor was now perfectly upside down, desperately wriggling her arms and legs as her face began to turn red. She began to sputter and curse, occasionally lapsing into Spanish as she tried to right herself.

"Get your friend over there to turn me around! This is abuse! This is demeaning! Hija de puta! You ain't getting away with this! I'll kick you in the ribs!"

REBELLION

Huh.

Ms. Demeanor spoke Spanish. For some reason, Rebellion hadn't expected that. Slipping his batons back into his jacket, he reached for his notebook and started scribbling in it, while turning his back to Ms. Demeanor and moving towards Meta-Naut. It was almost funny how she thought that he would be the one to talk about getting someone to stop abusing her.

Putting his pen back in his inner jacket pocket, he snapped his book shut, then turned around to watch Ms. Demeanor. "I don't think we'll get anything else." He paused briefly. "Not unless I start hurting her, at least." He didn't want to if he could help it, but, it was a possibility. "So, in summary: Other dimensional criminals from comic books. No, that sounds perfectly rational."

Someone should probably call someone to go get her, probably with some instructions on the threats of her uncle returning.

The Meta-Naut

Raya sighed, and nodded. She turned Ms. Demeanor back upright, and put out a call for the cops to pick her up, explaining the circumstances too. Soon enough, they had her, and moved off quickly so they could round up all the people who had been blasted by the Crime Gun until they turned back to normal in a few days.

--

With that settled, Raya was at a loss for what to do. Somehow, this all felt like a cheat to her. Sure, the plan was stopped but it would only be a matter of time before Captain Crime was back. She needed something to raise her spirits or she was gonna lose her mind.

"Hey," she said to Rebellion, forcing a smile. "Do you want to go get some ice cream to celebrate a job well done?"

REBELLION

This had not been the night that Elliot had expected. He stood back while Meta-Naut handed Ms. Demeanor over to the police, leaned against a wall with his arms crossed as he watched. Yes, that had worked out so great last time with Captain Crime, but at least she didn't seem to have a Crime Gun.

Elliot had not done much drinking yet, despite the opportunities he'd had, and he still felt like he needed a drink after this insanity. And Captain Crime was probably gonna be back as soon as he could, with another Crime Gun and to cause more chaos. His fault, probably. He should've gone after him. 

He hadn't even noticed Meta-Naut coming closer. She was smiling, but it didn't seem quite genuine, like she was forcing herself. Ice cream? He was a dark avenger, a rebellion rising against the city's secret masters! And she offered him ice cream after a night of insanity like this?

"... Yeah, alright." 

Ice cream sounded good, yeah.