Jump to content
Avenger Assembled

Scene: Terrifica and Salvo (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Here's the OOC! 

 

Start off with Reflex saves vs 15 to avoid a bruise, and then start giving me whatever checks you feel are appropriate under the circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post

http://orokos.com/roll/746100 19 on the Reflex save. She'll whip out the Visual Scanner (Super Senses (Infravision, Ultravision, Analytical Full Vision, Microscopic Vision 1 [dust-sized]), and System Sealant Mask (Immunity Suffocation [all], Radiation, Vacuum) 9 PP out of her 10. The check that I'd like to start with a Notice. Skill Mastery for 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Reflex Save: 1d20+5= 14

 

Datalink [Computers]: 15 Skill Mastery  - 4 = 21

 

Salvo uses datalink to force the doors to open.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

Don't forget the -4 penalty to your attack rolls and skill checks from Zero-G. 

 

Everybody give me a DC 10 Fort save to avoid space sickness.

 

EternalPhoenix: The room you are in is in Zero-G! There's debris everywhere, but at least no liquids and the room is armored enough that there are no sparks. You can see evidence of some kind of disaster in the satellite, and distress signals are coming in from all over the place. You can't tell this is sabotage or an attack just yet, but it looks bad - they've really teched the tech in here, and there's risk of the onboard reactors overheating now that they have no place to dump their excess heat. 

 

Zeitgeist Blue: Take a bruise! You have the ability to open the door to the outside. If you do open it, I'll post the subsequent effects. You can have an HP if you open it. =D 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Let's use that last PP in Gadgets, hmm? Enhanced Software Kit. +4 to Computers. And she'll Datalink to the satellite's computer systems.

 

http://orokos.com/roll/746113 roll gives me a 32, and yes I included -4 because Zero G

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, let's see some more Reflex saves!


Let's call these DC 20.

 

If you make the save, nothing happens as you grab onto something in time to avoid being hurt. If you fail the save, roll DC 20 Toughness as debris hits you on the way out. If you fail the save by 5 or more, roll DC 20 Toughness and give me a second Reflex save to avoid being sucked out into space entirely as you are now clinging to the edge of the door...  

 

Don't forget you don't take a -4 penalty here, since it's not an Attack roll or skill check. 

 

It is a DC 21 Computers check to close the door, since you need to beat Salvo's initial 'roll. - so you can close it with your IC post, EP. Assuming you make dem Reflex saves.

Share this post


Link to post

Well you do have Life Support and Flight so good luck, buddy. :D (i.e., you'll be able to make your way back in easily enough, assuming Terrifica doesn't lock y'all out)

Share this post


Link to post

So when returning to the satellite I'd like to make a Notice check to look for clues about what punctured or compromised the hull.

 

Notice Roll: 1d20+7 = 21

Share this post


Link to post

ZB: You can see a scattering of debris from one of the surrounding rings, all of it following a track like a line drawn in space. It looks like maybe a large object hit the station? You can't tell; there's no sign of the impactor. 

EP, let me know exactly what you're looking for. Right now you can tell there's massive damage to the satellite. You can't raise any of the metahumans on board, but you can reach the uniformed crew like the workers trapped down by the reactor, the staff taking shelter in place in the labs, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just to clarify but there's only one doorway to and from the room and that doorway is the one with the hull breach?

Share this post


Link to post

Correct, if she opens the door Terrifica's getting sucked out into space and then there'll be only one person who can join the team. Wait no <_<

Share this post


Link to post

So while Nicole is asking Terrifica to give her maps and open the door she'll try and get the maps on and try to see determine what's wrong with the reactor too.

 

Computers: 1d20+15 = 25 with Skill Mastery

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You don't even need to do that. Terrifica can just give them to you. Did I need to roll again, or can I just do it? Like, bring up the maps and system specs & triggering the distress signal?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Well, if Salvo is able to get the map and opens the system specs with her roll then she'll do that herself. Not like she's someone who's patient right now, even if she asked.

 

Maybe Terrifica can give her the map and system specs at the same time as she took them? Salvo didn't roll for or trigger the distress signal either.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

You guys can both do whatever computer stuff sounds good - there are no real issues to you coming up with whatever solution you like. Go ahead and work together and come up with some really good technobabble, I'll let you know how successful it is. 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so first thing. Brace themselves then reopen the door. Salvo's off to open the exterior vents. They're for emergencies, and if this doesn't qualify then what does? Terrifica, meanwhile, will work with the computer systems to re sync the cooling tanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so first off, a Strength check to see if I can resist the vacuum suction. No idea if Super-Strength will apply so I'll show both with and without.

 

Roll: 1d20+4 = 5 (11 w/ Super-Strength)

 

Oof. Nat 1.

 

Next Computers to find faults within the satellite systems. I'll be Aiding Terrifica so I need to go up against a DC 10.

 

Computers: 1d20+15-4 = 13

 

Terrifica gains +2 on her check.

 

Lastly, I will roll Concentration so she can multi-task, assissting in the Computers check while navigating the satellite.

 

Concentration: 1d20-2 = -1

 

Wrong roll format in Orokos but it's still an oof at -1.

Share this post


Link to post

Go ahead and make your posts; take your low rolls into account when writing up your actions. I'll write up the consequences. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...