Array question.

Warr

I'm thinking about building a Ascended 'Narutard', as the term we Naruto fans call ourselves. His powers would be reliant on one thing, basically.

A custom 'Ninjutsu' array.

I know we have problems with some arrays, and I'm not sure how to build an array in any other than the basic way, but before I tried to build him/it, I'd like to know what the rules on that stuff would be.

Same as in Core and ULTIMATE POWER.

You have an Array at a certain rank (say, 8). Any power in that Array can be built on up to twice as many power points (in this case, 16). You get one power/effect 'for free'.

Ninjitsu Array 8 [16pp]

Base Effect: Strike 6 (Extra: Penetrating 8; PFs: Mighty, Variable Descriptor/bludgeoning, piercing or slashing)

Alternate Powers are bought with the Alternate Power power feat. Each AP can be built on up to the same amount of points as the base power.

Ninjitsu Array 8 (PFs: 2 Alternate Powers) [18pp]

BE: Strike 6 (Extra: Penetrating 8; PFs: Mighty, Variable Descriptor/bludgeoning, piercing or slashing)

AP: Blast 8

AP: Blast 5 (Extra: Penetrating; PF: Improved Critical)

I'm thinking of using this template, as well.

Shinobi Template - 20pnts

• Uses Optional Rule: Uses Energy Points option from Manual of Masterminds; aka Chakra
    Feats: Martial Art: Ninjitsu, pick at least 3 feats from it (Manual of Masterminds)
    Abilities: Dex +2
    Powers: Super-Speed Rank 1: choose 1 (Deflect, Bullet, Rapid Attack, Rapid Fire, Strike, Takeaway), plus Wall-Run and Water-Run, Leaping all Rank 1.
    Skills: Must take at least 1 rank in Genjitsu, Ninjitsu and Taijitsu. Skill ranks limit number of jitsu in each, and max rank.

This is the array I'll likely use, though the actual array numbers are something I'm still debating, though I'll happily remove bits/modify it. I know the 'heroic' bit to the summon definitely needs to be removed, too. I might remove the 'summon' bit entirely.

Ninjutsu Array 6 (Drawback: Power Loss [when unable to gesture; Uncommon, Minor]; 11pp)

Base Power: Duplication 4 (Dynamic; Power Feats: Progression 3 [10 duplicates], Subtle; 1pp) Kage Bunshin no Jutsu / Shadow Clone Technique

DAP: Duplication 4 (Extra: Horde [+1]; Flaw: Tiring [-1]; Power Feats: Progression 3 [10 duplicates], Subtle; 2pp) Taju Kage Bunshin no Jutsu / Multiple Shadow Clone Technique

DAP: Morph 4 (any form; 2pp) Henge no Jutsu / Transformation Technique

AP: Summon Toad 4 (Extra: Heroic [+1]; 1pp) Kuchiyose no Jutsu / Summoning Technique

DAP: Super-Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Water Walking; 2pp)

Ninjutsu Array 8 (Drawback: Power Loss [when unable to gesture; Uncommon, Minor]; :)

BE: 'Hidden Strength'; Strike 6 (Extra: Penetrating 8; PFs: Mighty, Bludgeoning)

AP: Rain of Ice Needles Blast 8

AP: Water Spear Blast 5 (Extra: Penetrating; PF: Improved Critical)

AP: Henge no Jutsu / Transformation Technique Morph 4 (any form; 2pp)

AP: Super-Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Water Walking; 2pp)

AP: Kirigakure no JutsuObscure 4 (Sight, Selective 5 PP)

How's that look?

The element things are the only 'ties' to Haku, really. My favorite village within the Narutoverse is Kirigakure no Sato, and this is not a 'direct port' from Naruto, but rather a character who 'ascended' to shinobi-nin dom after being an otaku in obsession with a 'Freedomverse' version of Naruto I'm so far calling 'Soba.'