GM

As the gun melted in his hands, the criminal just out of the box leapt backwards, wringing his hand with a yelp. The ski-masked goons looked desperately about, seeking out where the attack had come from, which meant only half of them were able to avoid the effects of Talon's flash-bang. Those who were blinded and deafened whirled about, brandishing their guns wildly - one even let loose a quick burst of bullets into the air, at nothing in particular.

The unarmed masked criminal seemed relatively unaffected, but shouted something in his native tongue before throwing a punch at the goon who had shot at the air. Unfortunately, he underestimated how badly he'd been affected by the flash-bang, and ended up missing his target. Furthermore, his balance was off, and with a plaintive wail, he toppled over the edge of the ship.  

Meanwhile, another of the armed goons who seemed unaffected by Talon's attack aimed up at Corona, firing a burst of bullets at her, to no avail. A third goon shouted angrily at the (literally) boxed crooks, and took off towards the center of the ship, leading a small group of the unarmed goons with him.

Corona narrowed her eyes at the criminals below, and leapt down at them, wanting to get into the fray so that they couldn't start aiming their guns anywhere else. Speaking of, her eyes went to the hostage. "Go on, get out of here!" she said, before turning to one of the men with the guns, and throwing a solid punch at the one who had managed to actually hit her. He seemed like the best shot, best to take him out first.

"This is just gonna keep happening until you all surrender!" she shouted.

Talon

Trusting that Corona had matters under control with the dazzled criminals, Talon leapt off of his perch atop the cargo crates, snapping open his cape to glide down and strike swiftly at the leader of the fleeing criminals. Unfortunately for his target, one of the criminals following the leader let out a cry of warning just in time for him to turn his face directly into the battle staff's strike. With a horrendous crack, the man's nose broke, and he collapsed in a heap as the cowled hero turned to look at the unarmed crowd. 

"Stand down." He said, voice clear and careful in its pronunciation.

GM

The hostage shuddered, nodding briefly, but as he tried to get up, he stumbled helplessly back down to the deck. He was either too hurt or too afraid to rise to his feet at the moment. The gunner who had shot Corona took her fist to his chest and flew backwards into the mass of people still within the shipping container. One of the three remaining ski-masked gunmen blinked his eyes blearily at Corona before going pale and throwing down his gun. 

Meanwhile, the unarmed criminals knelt and put their hands behind their heads - they knew when they were defeated.

Serena glowered over all the criminals, running her hands over the bullet holes in her costume, and looking at the hostages. A vengeful, nasty part of her brain reminded her that these people had attempted to take her life and were willing to threaten the lives of others, but she pulled it back. Just in case, she melted the guns with her disintegration beam one by one, before looking over at the hostages.

“Alright, you’re all safe now. I’m hoping to God you people can actually understand me, or I am just wasting my breath.” She rubbed her temples.

Looking over to Talon, she frowned. “So we’re gonna wanna get these people outta here, so I’m gonna call emergency services unless you have any objections.”

• 4 weeks later...

GM

The hostage - wearing clothing that marked him as a sailor, shuddered slightly once more. Taking a deep breath, he shook his head. "Yeah, no, I speak English fine." His voice was slightly high-pitched and the adrenaline seemed practically audible. Looking at the criminals, he frowned. "But the Zephyr's seen better days. She's dead in the water now. I dunno how they did it, but..." He kicked angrily at one of the ski-masked criminals. "These bastards shut her down."

Talon

Talon quickly tied down the criminals who had tried to flee to a lifeboat, before returning to Corona's side, dropping silently down from atop the cargo containers. Casting his gaze over the remaining (unarmed) criminals, he shook his head slightly. "Where are these people from?"

The sailor blinked, but shrugged. "They could be from any number of places. We were in Turkey, Greece, Albania, Italy, Spain, Morocco..."

Talon sighed, before grinning at Corona. "I have no objections to the idea of calling emergency services... but one last question for the good sailor before we do." His cowled face turned back to the former hostage. "Who owns this ship?"

"Lee Exotic Shipping, why?"

Talon's smile tightened. Gotcha. He turned back to Corona. "I suspect that you'll find most of these folks have criminal records. But for now, we should go see what we can do to help the injured."

Corona

Serena nodded. "Right, but I am not exactly sure what I can do. Not exactly a trained medic," she said.

She went around the boat, mostly looking for the people she had hit especially hard. She hoped that she hadn't done any permanent damage; even if these people were hostage-taking, gun-toting creeps, the idea of giving anyone brain damage or anything like that was something that she didn't relish at all.