Welcome to Claremont Academy

MBCE

Lullaby smiles as she toggles her microphone on. She tapped it twice, smiling as a loud boom boom echoed around the room.

Lullaby smiles as she opens her mouth.

"Free....The Dream within. The stars are crying.

A sigh, escapes from heavan, and worlds end.

Breathe, The dream within, The mystifying"

Lullaby stops to sing her passionate, and slow, melody. She smiles as she stops singing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Uhm, I dunno. I was thinking you were the Pikachuman? So I kinda missed him. I do that at times. I'm not very smart."

Requires long time to ponder one concept. Approach with no caution, and befuddle with sarcasm! "Really? I hadn't noticed at all," he smiles with (fake) sincerity. "Well, this seems to be admissions, and if I'm not mistaken Warren just went in there. I suppose there'll be a line, you can catch up with him there."

Ionica doesn't seem to notice the fake sincerity at all, she's far too busy occupying her skull with empty space to notice that. Then as she realizes that she is at the admissions office, she gives a smile to Geckoman. "Thanks, I'm gonna go find Warren now." And then she simply turns around and starts yelling... "Warren?!? Where are ya?"

((OOC; Just assuming here, that no one replying translates to it being fine.))

An answer from a receptionist came "Oh, Mister McCue? Your Room is right here. Room 45, which is on the second floor of the Jon Carter Dormitory. Any other questions?"

The boy shook his head, and gave a smile, before turning to leave the counter, and spotting the now fairly familiar blue and yellow haired girl whom had followed him all the way to the school. She was calling his name, too.

"I'm right here, Lucy. You want me to show you the counter for the office?"

Darian looks around the empty room. The teachers are gone. The students are gone. Well, that is enough for one day, he thinks to himself, I will probably take a tour when I come here for the interview. No rush to see anything. Maybe the gecko guy will call some time. He shrugs and takes a look around the empty room again, making sure no one notices him pushing the button on his watch. A portal opens up to a library looking setting. He rushes in and quickly closes the passage.

Lullaby smiles as she toggles her microphone on. She tapped it twice, smiling as a loud boom boom echoed around the room.

Lullaby smiles as she opens her mouth.

"Free....The Dream within. The stars are crying.

A sigh, escapes from heavan, and worlds end.

Breathe, The dream within, The mystifying"

Lullaby stops to sing her passionate, and slow, melody. She smiles as she stops singing.

Gordy looks very impressed with the new girls performance, as he claps and smiles. 'Good thing you're a girl, or I'd have to hate you. She might even be better then me. She's at least as good. So why does that piss me off?'

"That was awesome. But you know, you really shouldn't tap on mics, it's not good for them. Here, lets see if you know this one."

Childhood Living

Is easy to do

The things you wanted

I bought them for you

Graceless Lady

You know who I am

You know I can't let you

Slide through my hands

Wild horses

Couldn't drag me away

Wild horses, we'll ride them someday.

Gordy finish his song, closing his eyes and just going for it.

The boy simply grabbed ahold of Ionica's hand, leaving his bag where it was, and dragged her towards the counter.

"It's where they get your real name, age, and the like, and they enroll you, and give you your room, before you pick classes and the like." He replied as enthusiastically as he could muster.

The new adult Lullaby applauds at the singing.

"Bravo, Mr Gordy, bravo. That was amazing" she smiled.

"I'd love to do a duet with you! But I suppose I better go do the whole checky in thing needed. Can you help the other me with that? I don't like staying out in the open in this form, too many people hitting on me" She giggled.

"Alright then. Change back and I'll walk you over to the admissions building." 'I wonder if people will think we're together. Oh god, what if she thinks we're together? Oh crap, isn't she telepathic? Quick, start reciting Gypsy.'

"It's not too far. I hear the girls dorms are pretty nice."

'let me entertain you, let me make you smile.....'

"Wow, I get a room?!? Uhm, can I get out of the whole classes thing and just get a room? And is the room free, because I'm kinda got no monies or nutting." the Ionic girl explains to Warren. "And do I have to say my real name? I like the whole ironic thingie because that's how I got my powers. So I became Ionica, because Ironica kinda felt sounded like I was being ironic, which is kinda bad and stuff. I think."

The boy simply shook his head.

"The law says you have to go to school until you're of legal age to drop out and have parental permission, so I don't think you can simply cut classes. As far as your name, they'll need your legal name for legal situation reasons, and room wise, no they won't be charging you any money if your situation is like that, they did -invite- you, it seems."

He shrugged. "But I can't be totally sure on these things, I'm just pretty sure."

"I got no parents, so I can give myself permisjon, right? If not, that sucks. I don't really like school, it's so boring." Ionica says with a pout, before letting out a sigh.

"But my name is so stupid. I like my heroic name more. It's much coolerer'n'stuff. But... free room is good." The last is said with a few nods, to show she absolutely likes the idea of a free room.

The young man shrugged, before calling out.

"This is Lucy, though I don't know her surname. She should be enrolled today, either already from what they implied, or soon enough. She's confused on how all of this works, from what I know."

"You, if you ever want to be able to fight supervillians, they're not all about punching and slamming two by fours into them, Lucy." Warren mumbled. "Your name's not that bad, either, I like it, Lucy." Warren stated calmly, trying to make her feel better.

"What good does math and geolofy and biolofy and all of that other stuff do, when I'm out saving people by winning over bad guys? It makes no sense, it makes my head hurt." Ionica lets out a sigh. "And no, you can't like my name, it's uglier than the name I have now."

"Reality is defined by how you comprehend it, Lucy. If your mind is not a sharpened weapon, then things will be dully perceived and enemies will exploit that hole in your defenses. They'll make you think they're heroes, too, or they'll simply use dirty tricks when fighting you." Warren said calmly and clearly. "So as I said, Lucy, with reality and perceptions being described as I did, how one comprehends them, the reality of my comprehension is your name is Lucy Hewitt, which is a fine name. You've got a way to go before you're a superhero yet, just as I do, and you've got a way to go before I'll call you Ionica."

He looked her in the eyes calmly.

And... Ionica just got utterly and completely lost, having no clue at all what Warr tried to tell her, all those long and strange words just got all muddled up after the first sentence about reality and comprehension. So she uses the standard phrase that always works when she doesn't understand things, right?

"Uhm... Okay? Sure."

It was a good thing that the boy was paying attention to his companion and her words, and it was good his intelligence was as capable as it was. Otherwise he would not have noticed and realizedrealized her confusion. As those blue eyes watched her, he realized it, and as she came to those words he figured they were a cop out and 'I don't understand.'

He didn't have a huge love for over used metaphors, but he said simply to her. "Knowledge is power." Then he took her hand and lead her to the counter. Without a moment, he spoke for her. "This is Lucy Hewitt, and she's enrolling to be here at Claremont."

The receptionist smiled and handed a clipboard with a pen attached to it and several pieces of paper clipped to it. She gave a nod.

"Just fill out these last specifics for us, Lucy." She spoke to Lucy. The paper was filled with questions that were fairly simple, but which were all written.

As Ionica was presented with the sheet of strange symbols and signs and all garbled up stuff, she pouted and glanced at Warr, then back at the sheet. It just didn't make any sense to her, she didn't need this anyway, she was strong and fast and invulnerable, so one doesn't need to know how to read and write.

"Uhm, I'm Ionica, so I don't need to do this stuff. Just gimme the room Warren talked about and it's kinda okay'n'stuff."

There was a sigh from Warren and he looked at Lucy. It clicked on him as quickly as her patchwork costume had implied she was trying to be a superhero. If she was wearing a patchwork costume, talked like she did, and acted as she did, she was probably homeless. She probably hadn't even went to school before. That's why she said those words, why she was trying to make it seem she thought powers equated an answer for requirements.

Without a word he looped his arm through her's and yanked the board away.

"Don't act like that, Lucy. You need to do it just as much as anyone else does, because without doing it, they can't help you as much as they otherwise would like."

Ionica shook her head and let out a sigh.

"Bleh, I don't need this school stuff or fill out this piece of paper and stuff, I was fine living my life without anyone to tell me how to do stuff," the girl said and put the sheet down on the counter. She really didn't want to leave, but she couldn't read and write and was very embarassed about it.

"It's not hard to do, Lucy. The paper isn't some sort of impassable wall. I'll even help you with it, okay?" He picked the clipboard back up from the counter. "Even if you have problems with some of it, like I said before, I'll help you with it." He smiled at her and began to walk off to sit down on a nearby chair, leaning forward in it and filling out what he knew of her.

"Name; Lucy Hewitt." He scribbled it down clearly as he could.