Welcome to Claremont Academy

MBCE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Everyone needs it, Lucy. Everyone needs it, but if that's your attitude, go ahead and go. I'd just hate for you to not have it and be tricked into working for a super villain and then me having to fight you later. It's stupid to think that just because you have superpowers that you're immortal, and unharmable." He spoke calmly at first, but when he got to the bit about 'I'd hate for you to not have it' and farther, his voice had a bit of anger in it.

"Just bare with me and quit being embarrassed. Just because you can't read doesn't mean a thing. I can help you read, and help you adapt to school. It's okay, you just have to let your pride go abit."

Her eyes were usually closed. It felt better that way. She didn't have to deal with gawking people... but at the same time, walking around like that, she would have to chose one thing to do, and she didn't want to be the girl walking around with her eyes closed. So there she was, walking towards all the admissions, a dim purple substance marking her. She wasn't ashamed, and it's not like she could see people looking at her, but it certainly made people moving for her annoyingly difficult. She couldn't even tell who was who without them speaking... so bothersome. But she had heard... him. She didn't like him that much, but he was someone she could at least talk to easily. All these people were bothersome. So long as he didn't screw up and make a big deal about things the girl could keep up appearances. She just didn't need someone like him getting all fussy over nothing.

So Mura walked towards him, having to stop a few times as people got in her way. How annoying they were, but this was the wonderful city life in America. Just as many people, and so little organization. Still she was able to get to Warren. Hearing him talk to some other girl about helping her and all that stuff did annoy her slightly. He was supposed to be more available to hang out with her. How else was she supposed to understand all these American things? Sure she could call up Kou, but that would be like admitting she needed help. She didn't... Warren could explain things.

"If you need, I'm certain I could find a private tutor for your friend, Warren."

Ionica frowns. "Hey, I read all good and well'n'stuff, it's just I dun' need this stuff, it's borin' and uhm... very boring," the ionic girl comments with a slightly annoyed tone. "But, uhm, if ya wanna do it, do it for me. I ain't good with that stuff'n'all."

Then Ionica turns around as she hears the voice of the new girl. "Huh? Yaknow Warren? I thought he was new'n'stuff?" And it's just as easy as that to make poor Ionica confused, as it's almost as one can see the smoke coming out from the ears of her ears, her mind working harder than ever to figure out how that adds up.

It took less than three milliseconds for Warren's brain to process the words and voice he had just heard, and despite what some people might have done, and turned to make sure they had heard the correct voice, he did not change posture or move at all. He knew she'd not know the difference, and even if she did, it wouldn't be something he'd bother to do, it would only be a sign of respect towards the girl, which he did not have a ton of.

"Mura, tutors can't deal with her throwing a fit and punching them with her super strength, which I can deal with very easily, so I'm afraid that I can't just dump her like that, no matter what your connections might lead you to think about how the world works. She needs my help, regardless of what she..." He paused, looking at Lucy. "Lies and says."

He gave a nod, before placing the paper down. "Feel free to sit down around us though." He tapped the chair beside him, making a sound purposefully, as a help for the blind girl, and to not let Lucy realize she was blind quite yet. "But don't give criticism or make fun of her, it's not nice to make fun of people, which is something you might not realize."

It was around that time when Lucy asked that question, and Warren replied simply. "My father and her father are business partners, we know each other from outside of the school, so though I'm new, I know her. I know her, and I'm pretty sure she's new here too."

Mura's face turned slightly to a frown, she would have changed it immediately had she understood the facial expression enough but it hung for a few seconds. She heard the sound of his touch to the chair and that was enough for her. It was her gift after all. Just by touching the top she could hear it can hear where the sound vibrations went, allowing her to guess the proportions of the chair and it's position. Still she had to make certain, so she grabbed where the boy touched and her guess was confirmed as she went to sit down, tapping the chair once more for good measure before taking her seat and smoothing out her skirt. She wasn't sure if she'd wrinkled it, but it was just habit by now to make certain. She calmly nodded as her frown disappeared and she tried to be nice to this girl who couldn't seem to speak English very well. She didn't have an accent, but not all kids of immigrants did... Lots of American immigrants had children with a more Japanese accent, it wasn't hard to assume that there were people in this country like that as well. Still, this was bothersome, Warren was supposed to be making certain she had an easier time coming to this place, yet he was going to waste his time helping a girl who can't even learn the basic language... It was irritating.

Mura's eyes closed as she thought, not wanting to upset Warren by deliberately being insulting after he asked her not to. So choosing her words would be the hard task in place here. This girl was a bit like her at least. She had power, likely not as much as Haimura, but still a girl with strength tat was too stupid to learn to speak right would be very troublesome. Because she was likely too hard headed or incompetent to be either bought off or intimidated. Mura wanted to sigh, but spoke before she would let it out, her hand reaching toward the girl's voice, not bothing to sit up. It migt look arrogant, but she had more accuracy with a hand shake this way.

"I am Echi Haimura, but I prefer the nickname, Mura. It's true, I've known Warren for a long time, he's something I would think of as a big brother I never had. It's really quite nice."

"Why should I make fun outa her?" Ionica asks with confusion in her voice. "I mean I've only just met her'n'stuff, right, so, uhm, I wouldn't, you know, know what to make fun outa."

Then she studies the asian girl, tilting her head slightly. "Uhm, hiya, Echi or Mura or whatever ya wanna be called. I'm Ionica, uhm, and this is, well, ya already know him, so not gonna tell ya who Warren is'n'stuff."

There was not a word from the young man as the girls talked, though he tapped the pencil against the pad.

"Lucy, you might want to sit down so we can fill this out, and soon. There're other steps to do today too, and if you don't hurry you'll have some problems later, for sure."

He looked the girl in the eyes with an expression of determination and then read off the list simply;

"Name, Lucy Hewitt."

"Age?"

"Birthplace?"

"Nationality?"

"Last Grade Level completed?"

"First manifestation of powers?"

He went ahead and wrote down 'American' for Nationality, assuming she was an American from the apparent lack of accent as the girl spoke. He then looked to her.

"Don't be afraid, Lucy, just kill your pride so we can finish this and get on with things. If you wait too long it'll be too late to register and you'll have to wait until tomorrow until you can register or get your room." He tried to be as convincing as he could be as he spoke.

Mura shook her head a bit as the girl continued to speak. Usually she didn't actually have to listen to people talk so... horribly for an extended time. And while Mura was certain that the making fun of people part was intended for her, this girl would never understand, not to mention she was likely older, sounded taller, and likely so certain her strength was so incredible she was immune from all things else. In short, Mura disliked her. Warren might feel sorry for her, but to Mura she was just an annoyance, and likely one that would continue popping up. Mura would have to deal with this sooner or later. Sooner would be good. She'd have liked to have something refreshing to eat or drink while this girl's mindless jabber bored her, but she'd merely expected Warren to follow after her, not force her into associating with this girl. Mura had already had the paperwork completed for her ahead of time, thanks to Kou. So useful. She sighed as she rested her elbow on the arm of the chair, her eyes appearing to be looking very intently on the office desk's simplistic wooden decor.

"Wouldn't most people complete this long before they arrived?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Uhm, I'm like yaknow, 16, and uhm, born and stuff in Efff Ceee. So I'm kinda American'n'stuff." And then she evades the next few questions without any elegance, perhaps misunderstanding them or perhaps just not wanting to answer. "And well, I can fly and lift stuff and uhm, well, stuff."

Then when she hears Mura's voice, she looks at her.

"Ain't like I knew I'd be goin' here until like an hour or so ago, yaknow." she replies.