Welcome to Claremont Academy

MBCE

"So long as you like eating table, kid, sure sounds like a good idea." Warren answered without even a moment's hesitation, long since tired of people making stupid assumptions and trying to make him seem dumb, or ugly, or weak. His tone was as calm as could be as he said it, and he didn't even remark the other stuff, as he had known that before hand, and just didn't care.

"But don't make assumptions and then get angry about it, Chris. ADHD may come often in some super humans, but there's no reason for you not to listen to things, or try to. It'd be a waste of our time and energy to just go to the dorm and expect to find a room, when we don't even know our room numbers."

He pointed to his forehead. "You've got to learn to use your brain, chuckles."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm not angry about being corrected, hell, I'm mostly human and perfectly fallible. Nothing stopped you from saying 'Actually, Chris, we need to go to Admissions first.' But you used Pitchoman, something that only resembles my name for an admittedly highly obscure reason. So either you did it deliberatelyto annoy me, or you weren't really listening either and wait! Didn't you just try to call me out for that? Oh no, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I think he did!"

Chris took a deep breath. "So, Warren, we can either keep yelling at each other and threatening each other, or we can shut up and treat each other with a bit of damn respect?"

His response came in one quick and stern breath. "Faulty assumptions lead to faulty action. As I don't feel like having any enemies in this school yet, I'll just drop this, but don't act so brazen, even though we're in this place, there's always a chance someone could see you in such an outfit and then would identify us as all knowing you, putting us in danger if you end up with enemies. That was why I called you Pitchooman, as if you'd rather be called 'Chris', you'd not be running around in your 'hero' uniform, you'd be dressed like a normal person. I made the assumption that you, like Lucy, would rather be called by a 'superhero name', and I referred to you as Pitchooman to get your attention. Then, instead of taking it as such, you tried to call me out as being 'dumb', in the assumption I was, so of course I'm going to get an attitude and not show you respect."

He began to walk towards the admissions office. "If you want respect, give respect, and don't act like a jester that's out of rydilin. I'll give you a clean slate for now to give respect and act like a normal human, but don't expect me to not get irritated and disrespectul if you don't."

Watching the two boys exchange words triggers Darian's watch-the-trainwreck-as-it-happens thought patterns. He sits there quietly, and in a sense, almost mindlessly, waiting for the boys to erupt into violence. He reasons it to be just like when to mammals fight for the alpha position on one of those nature show. This would be educational. Alas, no violence comes, but tensions rise none the less. Darian wonders if he should go talk to the owner of the giant gecko ship. Is he still angry? Would he lash out at me in return for not getting to lash out at the other? Darian thinks as slowly walks toward the gecko costumed boy. He quickly extends his hand in a gesture of greeting, "Hello," he speaks quickly as if he is trying to avoid the wrath of the gecko-themed hero-in-training, "my name is Darian Cale. I see you have a ship."

OK, I try to offer the hand of peace, maybe a little aggressively, but I'm not the one making ADHD jokes. Asshole, he better keep away from me. But hey, there's that... Darian, wasn't it?

"Hi, Darian, I'm Chris," Geckoman replies, returning the handshake with a genuine smile. His face lights up when he gets the opportunity to talk about his ship.

"Yeah, the Pitchoo's mine, after a... complex series of events. I know it flies, is radar-invisible and shoots stuff, but since I don't know who built it, I'm still figuring out how to use it. I'll show you around it later, if you like."

"So, erm... if you don't mind me asking, what was with the false name? I mean, you said you'd come on the wrong day, were you meant to come to another admissions day or something?"

"Pikachuman? Whazzat?" Ionica says and kinda misses the whole conversation between Warren and Chris, as she's trying to fit an image of a flurry yellow and red electric rat into the image of Geckoman and utterly and completely fails. After several failed attempts to do this very straining and difficult task, she realizes that Warren is about to head to some other place. "Wait? What's with this Pikachuman? He ain't yellow." Then she directs a question to Chris. "Can you use lightning? I can do that too, it's very pretty."

Gordy watches the argument unfold in front of him, occasionally opening his mouth to say something, then thinking better of it. No need to annoy the violent kids on day one. At least, not too much. "Well, I'm uncomfortable. I'm gonna go this way now, toward the gym. Why don't you two go get your rooms, and anyone interested can come to the gym."

Lullaby looked slightly scared at the argument, and stayed well away from everybody, sitting on her own. She looked slightly upset at how they're invited to a Super school, and still argue! She was lucky to even get her! In fact, one of them Shouldn't be here! Lullaby looked down, is there any justice in the world?

She smiled, that was a song. She like singing.

"Excuse me, Mr Gordy. Erm, is there anytime, I can catch you up for a duet?" Lullaby asked.

Darian chuckles nervously, "It is a long story on why I'm here, but I'll try to condense it into something short." He clears his throat and looks in a squint at Geckoman, as if he's trying to look at him, but not trying to catch his eye, "I was at the airport as I go there sometimes in my offtime. There are lots of starstruck happy people around, and happiness begets happiness. So it is sort of my appy place. Anyway, while I was in my happy place I saw those three students conversing," he points to Lullaby, Ionica, and Warren in one swing of his hand, "I remembered I had an appointment for a job in the science department later this week, so my curiousity got the best of me on how the student life would be. So I devised a plan. By the way, Ananta Naamaalum is my name, just not my birth name. It's what my grandmother calls me when I am in India. I am legally Anata Naamaalum while I am in India, as I have my name over there. Anyway, so I got on the bus with that name. And the rest you know." He takes a deep breathe and exhales, "So, you're not the builder of the ship?"

"Nope, I didn't build any of my equipment, even the simple stuff. I made the suit from a blueprint though. Luckily, it all seems to be low-maintenance and self-charging. I do have a load of blueprints and got some textbooks, so I'll learn to maintain it all eventually."

Then she directs a question to Chris. "Can you use lightning? I can do that too, it's very pretty."

"Nope, I'm Geckoman, not Pitchooman like some people seem to want to call me. That said, these," he says, holding up his arm to show a metal apparatus with a nozzle pointing forwards strapped to it, "do fire lightning."

He twiddles a knob all the way around before pointing it at the ground and shooting out some blue sparks. "See?"

"Aww, so you're not Pickachu-man? That sucks," Ionica mutters to Geckoman, before she shrugs. "But then again, you weren't even the right colour to be a pikachu anyway." With that said she discovers that her companion, Warren, seems to have left the spot she last saw him in. "Uhm... Warren? Where did he go?!?" It seems like she's starting to go panicky.

"Excuse me, Mr Gordy. Erm, is there anytime, I can catch you up for a duet?" Lullaby asked.

Gordy smiles at the new girl. She could end up being alot of fun. He signals to her to follow him as he heads toward the gym. "Only pretty much always. Like I was saying, I spend the majority of my free time in the theater. Or out in the theater district, at auditions. But there aren't any good parts for short high school students. Not professional parts anyway. I'm hoping to do a spring musical. Maybe company. But they keep telling my choices aren't family appropriate."

Lullaby smiles as she follows Gordy, taking with her her hold all.

"Sir, do you mind if I get changed into the theater?" Lullaby asks with a smile. She holds her dancing dress.

"I throw these over my rags, but the...erm....effect kinda startles people" She admits with a smile.

"Did you just call me sir? Ew, that makes me sound so old. Please, just call me Gordy. And yeah, the changing room is at the back left of the theater. Normal left, not stage left. If you go to the stage left room, you'll be changing in the wrong place. Though I doubt it's in use right now, so it really doesn't matter. Truth be told it's almost become my own private sanctum." Gordy thinks about his private stash of Mr. Goodbars hiding in a box at the back of the closet in the designated men's changing room. He'd have to go get one after his test. Not now though. Too nervous. "So tell me, what's your style? Personally I'm all about contemporary musical theater, little bit of opera, or old time musical theater."

The young hydrokinetic's walk to the admission's office continued, and he entered it in silence, still shouldering all of his bags as he did, holding the door open and looking around in it. He calmly asked a question, not seeing anyone immediately as he entered.

"How do I find out where my dorm room is? I'm Warren McCue, a junior transfer, already been enrolled, but need to know where my room is, if anyone can help me?"

Lullaby smiled as she took out her Dancing dress.

"Like I said Gordy, I don't change clothes" she giggled as she slipped off her destroyed pieces of leather that were once trainers and into her gleaming stilletto heels. A black liquid enveloped her, changed her. Curves defined themselves, her hair grew longer, her fingers became more lithe, her lips became more full. The figure smiled as the liquid instantly started to flow off her body, leaving Lullaby smiling. She wore a plain shirt with a black suit jacket over. She wore latex pants with fishnets leading to her stillettos. She wore a microphone around her mouth, black lipstick defining her lips.

"Like I said, mr Gordy" Lullaby giggled, "I don't change clothes, I change a whole lot more."

"Hmmm," Darian vocally thinks, "well, if you built your suit, and you plan to maintain your ship, you must be somewhat of a craftsman." He smiles at the thought of having someone to trade knowledge with at Claremont. He reaches into his messenger bag and pulls out a clipboard with an empty sheet of paper on it and a mechanical pencil. He quickly scribbles down a name, his own, and a phone number, "If you ever need some help with your gear, I'm a bit of a craftsman myself. I specialize in, well, alternate technology, but I'm sure we counld put our heads together for something." He hands the paper to Geckoman.

Geckoman takes it and sticks it in a pouch in his belt. "Yeah, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, although I doubt I've much to offer you" He frowns for a second. "I suppose I should really go get enrolled and get a dorm room so I can call my mom and tell her I've arrived. See you later," he says, flashing a quick grin before wandering off to head towards admissions.

"Admissions? Where is it? Where's Warren?" Ionica questions, looking around, trying to spot this admissions place. But then again even if there was signs she'd be unable to understand it anyway. And it's not like she remembers this unimportant stuff from the boring introduction made by the teachers.

This is when she realizes that the Pika... wait, the Geckoman is going somewhere, which causes Ionica to run after him. "Please, please show me where this permission place is, so I can find Warren."

Certainly there is a blonde (with some blue in her hair), but she definitlely lacks hot-ness. Instead she's mostly average, though perhaps under all of the dirt and grime, with a good bath, she could become more attractive.

"Uhm, I dunno. I was thinking you were the Pikachuman? So I kinda missed him. I do that at times. I'm not very smart."

"Like I said, mr Gordy" Lullaby giggled, "I don't change clothes, I change a whole lot more."

Gordy, or more accurately High Note, is definitely jealous of the new girls costume. His just obscured his face. "Woah. Cool dress. My moms a seamstress, but she hasn't made anything quite like that before. She's currently making my my super-outfit though, lasts years one doesn't really fit anymore. Plus she had sewn on a couple of music notes to it, and I just thought that looked tacky. But back to your dress, does it just make you look different, or can it do other stuff?"

Lullaby giggles as she brushes her black suit jacket down with a hand.

"Music is under my control when I wear this. I can fly, heal and sing so magnificently some people just drool" Lullaby giggled.

"Oh yes, and Telepathy is a bucket of fun" A piercing, feminine voice whispered in Gordys skull.

Lullaby smiled as she tapped her mic.

"So, how about that sing along? Or do you wanna listen to a Lullaby from Lullaby" Lullaby giggled.