Master Lee's School of Self Defense

Shadowboxer

LiamHS.jpg

"It's . . . it's complicated, Sifu," replies Liam. He takes a few moments to find the words. "I was defeated by a man who became an ally to my cause. He is a great warrior, so I don't begrudge his victory. It's just . . . "

His voice trails off, the well-rehearsed sentence somehow vanished. He clears his throat.

"Sifu, you are one of the few people who know my secret. This man who had beaten me, Benjiro, said you informed him of my training. Not just here, but from all over. I . . . I was under the impression that no one should know of that, in case they could connect me to him." He casts his eyes downwards. I must know!

Liam holds his breath.

"Why did you tell Benjiro these things? Now he knows my secret."

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LiamHS.jpg

"It's . . . it's complicated, Sifu," replies Liam. He takes a few moments to find the words. "I was defeated by a man who became an ally to my cause. He is a great warrior, so I don't begrudge his victory. It's just . . . "

His voice trails off, the well-rehearsed sentence somehow vanished. He clears his throat.

"Sifu, you are one of the few people who know my secret. This man who had beaten me, Benjiro, said you informed him of my training. Not just here, but from all over. I . . . I was under the impression that no one should know of that, in case they could connect me to him." He casts his eyes downwards. I must know!

Liam holds his breath.

"Why did you tell Benjiro these things? Now he knows my secret."

Master Lee pauses a moment after Liam finishes and says only one thing...."No man is an island." Thats it, thats all he says. His face is unemotional as usual and he must believe that his student has progressed for enough in his lessons that the one statement is all that is required from Master Lee.

Master Lee pauses a moment after Liam finishes and says only one thing...."No man is an island." Thats it, thats all he says. His face is unemotional as usual and he must believe that his student has progressed for enough in his lessons that the one statement is all that is required from Master Lee.

LiamHS.jpg

Liam lets Master Lee's words ferment in his mind for a moment. His arms itch from the wounds he received fighting Maelstrom the other night, and he resists the urge to scratch them.

"Ah. I get it. Working alone is fine and all, but I can't always fight on my lonesome."

He remembers getting thrown around by Maelstrom, plus other fights in his past against opponents that were faster, stronger or just plain better. Sooner or later his commitment to working alone will get him killed, or worse.

"As usual, you're right," he adds with a sigh. Liam scans the room. "So, is everything alright around here?"

LiamHS.jpg

Liam lets Master Lee's words ferment in his mind for a moment. His arms itch from the wounds he received fighting Maelstrom the other night, and he resists the urge to scratch them.

"Ah. I get it. Working alone is fine and all, but I can't always fight on my lonesome."

He remembers getting thrown around by Maelstrom, plus other fights in his past against opponents that were faster, stronger or just plain better. Sooner or later his commitment to working alone will get him killed, or worse.

"As usual, you're right," he adds with a sigh. Liam scans the room. "So, is everything alright around here?"

LiamHS.jpg

LiamHS.jpg

Huh. He's kinda forward.

"Um, sort of. You know how he is, all cryptic and stuff. I probably won't know what he means until next week, " he

lies. Liam watches the drills for a moment, this time with blocks added to the counter-punches. However, he keeps his eye on the new student, paying attention to his body language.

"So, how's the kwoon treating you? I remember Lee used to give me a hard time."

LiamHS.jpg

Huh. He's kinda forward.

"Um, sort of. You know how he is, all cryptic and stuff. I probably won't know what he means until next week, " he

lies. Liam watches the drills for a moment, this time with blocks added to the counter-punches. However, he keeps his eye on the new student, paying attention to his body language.

"So, how's the kwoon treating you? I remember Lee used to give me a hard time."