Davyd was happy to see Lu Chu was pleased with his partial imitation, and a bit stunned at being licked and bear-hugged.  But it wasn't completely unexpected, given what had happened before, and it was a very good hug, so he wrapped his arms around the Li as best he could.

"Okay, okay," he gently pushed himself away from Lu, "I think I can get this next part.  I'm not sure anyone here can help me with my abilities, but I'm very fortunate to have two mentors back on Earth."  He shook himself, rolled his neck, "Daphne's been teaching me some exercises that I think should help me with this next part."

The Mini-Li stretched out, flexing every bit, from his fingers to his toes.  His arms began to elongate and swell.  He inhaled deeply, and his chest and torso expanded greatly.  His left leg grew, then the right.  All of this went smoothly, no sounds of popping bones or stretching flesh.  Finally, with another shake, his ursine head expanded.  Now he truly was a perfect match for Lu Chu... at least, in outward appearance.

"I got it!"  His voice was still Davyd's, though deeper, more rumble-y.  "I-  wait, Lulu, what?!"

Edited by Dr Archeville
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The magnetokinetic almost jumped at Lulu's outburst, not used to that kind of language from the girl.  Even when they dealt with their demonically possessed schoolmate last Halloween she had not reacted that strongly.  Glancing around the room, she spotted an unoccupied metal chair and used her powers to drag it across the room and positioned the young telepath onto it.

"Okay Lulu, deep breaths.  Stay calm.  Now, can you try that again, maybe with some details?" she said, trying to remain as calm as she could before turning towards Nicole.  "I think we're a bit under dressed for the direction this party is headed."

Lulu couldn't see or hear any of her classmates or their Li hosts, as she'd already sent those senses elsewhere, but she felt herself being guided into a seat by someone, a human by the feel of it, and reached out to steady herself.

"Ah see blood...on the wall, with a big dent in it. It's by one of the informational consoles. Leroy's robe is there, or what's left of it. Dr. Chawla is on the phone with someone, he's freakin' out! Ah don't...ah don't know the language; Indian, ah guess." She swallowed and shook her head, eyes still rolled back white. "Aw, hell; ah'm not supposed to read a teacher's mind, but ah'm going in!"

She leaned forward, hands grasping the arms of the chair as she thrust herself into Chawla's head.

777 remained motionless as the one called Nicole asked the one called Lulu to search for the missing student, and she reacted quite strongly. Something was indeed wrong. It seemed that 777 was right. The missing Terran was indeed in danger, and quite severe at that. The one called Lulu searched for answers, but so did 777.

All power to the data communication system, 777 reached out for anything and everything that could be used to locate the Terran teacher, Dr. Chawla. Security cameras, data systems, anything within its power.

GM

I suppose this was inevitable. 

Mentor's voice was as calm and measured as ever, but Kath'lana felt an edge of frustration at the transmitted signal. 

They have been in hiding all these centuries. Suspicion and deception would be powerful draws, no matter their friendly and gentle hearts. Alert the Praetorians and stand guard, but keep the Earth children from becoming involved. Finding their missing comrade is a wiser goal than getting entangled in this. 

The transmission cut, more sharply than usual. 

Meanwhile, Louise met Rakesh at his more distracted and shaken mind than usual. It was impossible to track what was spoken and what was in Dr. Chawla's head. 

The kid's gone god no why now why wait tracker's good no too far can't TRACK damn damn damn yes Summers good point Nicole can find it call Nicole wait...Louise? Are you in here too tell Nicole suit up robot man too I'll get you a shuttle ready DAMN DAMN DAMN NO NONE OF YOU CAN Drive NO NO NO TELL ONLY NICOLE TO GO REST OF YOU STAY PUT yeah Summers I'm good please don't tell Snider. 

To 777, it was like a faint pinprick of a light, a steady pulse, somewhere in the system. Somewhere closer to the star of Lia... 

Nicole

Nicole was gone right after Selena had suggested suiting up and by the time Lulu had read Chawla's mind Salvo was flying high above the Bo-Tsu bar.

Purple lightning arced behind her, momentarily burning her silhoutte against the dark clouds, and her armor flared in response. Red against purple against black, she looked upon all of the Li city from her lofty height, uncaring of the dangers of the storm.

That fool, running off by his lonesome and leaving behind only blood and a tattered shirt. She had an objective now and a dangerous foe, one that could threaten the Sun Prince, but she also had a team behind her, one just as ready to fight for Leroy as she was.

Ruined the field trip. Ruined the bar. Ruined the Li.

She would find them and kill them both.

The sky flashed and lightning struck her yet, with a casual ease, she raised one hand to the side and discharged the electricity with a roar of flame louder than the ensuing thunder.

Down below her, as one, the communication devices of the Claremont students, Praetorians, and the Li crackled with Salvo's voice in a rapid staccato.

"This is Salvo. Gauss, summarize a sitrep. What else has Crystal-Gazer seen? Seven's has been searching through communications channels. What has it found? To, you offered assistance. Give it to us."

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Squire Kath'lana

"Understood." The squire responded to Mentor before the AI shut off the link. She continued flying over the Li city as she switched her comms to the channel used by the Praetorians.

"Praetor Sitara, this is Squire Kath’lana of the Star Knights." She began as an introduction. "The Lor have requested our presence and that of the Terran youth under false pretenses. There is a group of Li dissidents that oppose the system joining the Coalition. The Lor Ambassador and the Li have brought the Terrans and ourselves to be at the ceremony to apprehend the dissidents which are expected to attack the proceedings."

"Additionally, something has happened to one of the Terran youth, the one that left the gathering alone."

"This unit has located a potential location of the missing Terran student. The signal is faint, but it appears to be off world, closer to the Lia star." 777 looked around at the Terrans. The one called Nicole was already flying high above. They were distressed at the disappearance of their fellow student. Understandable, this was unfamiliar space for them. Far from home, potentially lost. It looked over to Sitara. Should it ask for approval to help the Terran students? Would that be necessary? Or should it simply act, for once?

The distress made it clear, at least. Hovering above ground, retracting its appendages into its body, 777 entered its flight mode, hovering before the group. It adressed both Sitara and the Terran students.  "This unit would like to offer assistance to the Terran students. Shall it move to the location of the signal?" It would not take it long to reach for the small robot. Not at top speed, at least.

Lu Chu!Davyd loped over to Lulu, and placed a giant paw over her hand.  "Don't go too deep, Lulu, stay with us.  I know you can make the dive into Dr. Chawla's head," he slowly shifted back to his human form, "but don't go so deep that you can't find your way out again.  And don't go tearing about in his head too much -- Summers is going to be mad we lost one student, but he'd be furious if we lost a student and a teacher!," he laughed nervously.  Now both his hands were on hers.

Davyd wasn't sure if this was necessary.  He had little idea of how her powers worked, or if she could even hear him like this.  But he was concerned for her, and he felt that serving as an 'anchor' for her was all he could do for her at the moment.

Edited by Dr Archeville

The Traveler

“Thank you Ser, please keep me informed of what you’ve discovered. Be careful this smells terrible.” she might not have had the attitude to join, but she respected the Star Knights over the years

Putting her fingers to her lips she let out her best and loudest whistle, she found it annoyed the Lor but it tended to get there attention.

“Congratulation you’re all officially drafted. Now everyone, one at a time, fills me in on what you know about the situation. Any detail you might have, however small, could be the information we need.”

• 4 weeks later...

"Dr. Chawla's freakin' out; he's on the phone with Summers, so ah don't blame him. He knows ah'm here, and he's saying Salvo should suit up, and the rest of us stay put. Leroy's got some sort of trackin' device on him, which should let us find him a bit easier."

Lulu she closed her eyes and shook her head, bringing herself back, only to find her fellow students and the ambassadors already at work on the problem. "Welp, looks like ah'm late to the party."  Noticing Davyd' hands on her own, she smiled sweetly at the boy. "Aww! Thanks for groundin' me, Davyd!" She leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the check before standing up, oblivious to the affect this simple action had on the smitten lad.

"So, what's our next move?"